Technical Support v2 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Introduction

Before you try anything else, if something's not working, see if it's fixed by connecting via HTTPS; copy/paste this into your URL bar: https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/

This thread is dedicated to technical support for Pokemon Showdown. This is not the place to post bug reports or feature requests--the only things that should go in this thread are requests for help doing something that you should be able to do already, like connect to the server or stay connected.

Also, if you are having trouble connecting, make sure that the login server isn't just down by clicking this link.

PS is still in development, so we may not have the answer to all your questions, but we'll try, and the information you provide should help us identify problem areas.

Rules

If you post a support request in this thread, it must contain the following information. If it does not, it will be deleted. If the information is irrelevant to your request/question, it probably belongs in Simple Questions, Simple Answers

Please include the following information in your question:
  1. Operating system
  2. Web Browser (with version, if you know it)
  3. Have you tried other browsers? If so, which one, and does this problem happen on them as well?
  4. When did this problem start?
  5. Your PS username
  6. And of, course, your problem (include any error messages verbatim. give frequency, etc.).

In addition, you should not post if...
  • ...your question is answered already in the FAQ post in this thread.
  • ...you have a bug to report that's not technical, such as an error in tiering, Dream World ability releases, commands not working, etc. Make a new thread for each of those so that we can guarantee that they'll be seen.
  • ...you have a suggestion for Showdown. The suggestions thread is here.
  • ...your question has ANYTHING to do with the ladder or ratings. The ladder is in active development and is known to have problems.
  • ...you want to ask a question about Shoddy Battle, Pokemon Laboratory or Pokemon Online. Smogon doesn't support the first two any more, and PO has its own forum.
  • ...you want to report driver / moderator / administrator power abuse or would like to appeal a ban. Do so here and not in this thread.
  • ...you don't know what Pokemon Showdown is, or you want to download it. Please refer to this thread.

The easiest way for you to make a post like this is to quote-reply to the next post, remove the quote tags, and fill in the relevant information.

Introduction

Before you try anything else, if something's not working, see if it's fixed by connecting via HTTPS; copy/paste this into your URL bar: https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/

This thread is dedicated to technical support for Pokemon Showdown. This is not the place to post bug reports or feature requests--the only things that should go in this thread are requests for help doing something that you should be able to do already, like connect to the server or stay connected.

Also, if you are having trouble connecting, make sure that the login server isn't just down by clicking this link.

PS is still in development, so we may not have the answer to all your questions, but we'll try, and the information you provide should help us identify problem areas.

Rules

If you post a support request in this thread, it must contain the following information. If it does not, it will be deleted. If the information is irrelevant to your request/question, it probably belongs in Simple Questions, Simple Answers

Please include the following information in your question:
  1. Operating system
  2. Web Browser (with version, if you know it)
  3. Have you tried other browsers? If so, which one, and does this problem happen on them as well?
  4. When did this problem start?
  5. Your PS username
  6. And of, course, your problem (include any error messages verbatim. give frequency, etc.).

In addition, you should not post if...
  • ...your question is answered already in the FAQ post in this thread.
  • ...you have a bug to report that's not technical, such as an error in tiering, Dream World ability releases, commands not working, etc. Make a new thread for each of those so that we can guarantee that they'll be seen.
  • ...you have a suggestion for Showdown. The suggestions thread is here.
  • ...your question has ANYTHING to do with the ladder or ratings. The ladder is in active development and is known to have problems.
  • ...you want to ask a question about Shoddy Battle, Pokemon Laboratory or Pokemon Online. Smogon doesn't support the first two any more, and PO has its own forum.
  • ...you want to report driver / moderator / administrator power abuse or would like to appeal a ban. Do so here and not in this thread.
  • ...you don't know what Pokemon Showdown is, or you want to download it. Please refer to this thread.

The easiest way for you to make a post like this is to quote-reply to the next post, remove the quote tags, and fill in the relevant information.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
How do you change the rules of custom game?
Is this the wrong thread for that question?
Custom Game is essentially a game without rules. You set them up yourself and trust the other person to follow them. However, changing mechanics is something you cannot do in Custom Game. That would be exceptionally difficult to implement.

Custom Game is essentially a game without rules. You set them up yourself and trust the other person to follow them. However, changing mechanics is something you cannot do in Custom Game. That would be exceptionally difficult to implement.
Ok, so how do I change the rules?

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Ok, so how do I change the rules?
There are none to change. You basically just explain to the other person what the rules are, and have that person keep those rules in mind while playing. There's nothing to enforce said rules, however, so it's a trust thing.

WECAMEASROMANS

Banned deucer.
Hello, I seem not be able to connect to the Frost, Pandora, and Smogon tournaments servers for some reason. All the other servers I can connect to without difficulty, including the smogon main one. When I try to connect to those three, it simply says "couldn't connect to server!" Do you guys know how to fix this? :/

I'm using a dell laptop, windows 7. I used mozilla firefox for this. I tried google chrome too, but the same problem occurs. Name is WECAMEASROMANS

There are none to change. You basically just explain to the other person what the rules are, and have that person keep those rules in mind while playing. There's nothing to enforce said rules, however, so it's a trust thing.
I've seen people use level 1000 Pokemon and more than four moves on them. I want to know how to do that.

Operating system: HTC evo android phone.
Browser: ie
Others: chrome
Name: Laelin
Problem started today but it has been kinda blotchy lately.
Basically it says my ip address is not allowed access to the ps servers because it's responsible for either hacking or spamming and is a general attack on the ps servers. The problem is I don't know how to hack period, let alone on a none jail broken phone. And thanks to the interface of the phone version of showdown online I can't actually chat with anyone at any point of the game so I can't spam. I don't understand the ban and I can't play on anything else.

Idk if anyone knows it or not, But me and other people are experiencing the PS Login being broken. It keps saying ''The Log In server is experiencing a heavy load, please log in later''. Its also happening on other servers as well.

Don't know about more than four moves but level 1000 Pokemon is done on Custom Battle.
You are allowed up to 24 moves, and lv 1000 in custom battles... to do this.. set level to 99 first then click import/export and change the 99 to 1000, as for 24 moves just add more moves using bullet points

Idk if anyone knows it or not, But me and other people are experiencing the PS Login being broken. It keps saying ''The Log In server is experiencing a heavy load, please log in later''. Its also happening on other servers as well.
Problem throughout the whole site. Use an unregistered username similar to yours, and hold enter on the login screen.

I keep getting Login is under heavy load all day on my default app phone. It lets me build a team, but wont let me battle at all...

The login server is currently having problems so most other problems you're probably having also tie into this issue. Please be patient while this is worked on.

i am using the downloaded version on windows and i cant connect at all becouse they servers are just gone... Couldn't connect to server! big red letters, probably just becouse of the DDoS attack that recently happent but i came to tell either way :x

i am using the downloaded version on windows and i cant connect at all becouse they servers are just gone... Couldn't connect to server! big red letters, probably just becouse of the DDoS attack that recently happent but i came to tell either way :x
As I said in my previous post, the login servers aren't working. The server's been taken down temporarily until it's fixed.

I keep getting this whenever I try to go to Pokemon Showdown. On the mac download, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Safari.

I've tried from other mac systems with my home's internet connection, and that seems to work. It only seems to work on user accounts with admin rights, but I am not able to get those.

This all started since about two days ago, have you changed anything which causes this at my end?

Please help! I really want to play on PS!!
there resently has been an DDoS attack on the servers of Pokemon Showdown thats why they are shut down completely

1. Operating system: Toshiba Laptop
  2. Web Browser: Google Chrome
  3. Other browsers: Internet Explorer: IOS Safari
  4. PS username: Mr.McGreifer
  5. My problem: As I am trying to open PS down it tells me, "Pokémon Showdown is offline due to technical difficulties!" and "Bear with us as we freak out. (We'll be back up in a few hours.)" But, it has been like this for the past 2 days.

1. Operating system: Toshiba Laptop
  2. Web Browser: Google Chrome
  3. Other browsers: Internet Explorer: IOS Safari
  4. PS username: Mr.McGreifer
  5. My problem: As I am trying to open PS down it tells me, "Pokémon Showdown is offline due to technical difficulties!" and "Bear with us as we freak out. (We'll be back up in a few hours.)" But, it has been like this for the past 2 days.
Its a DDoS. It could be a couple days or not

1. (Operating System) Mac OS X 10.9.5
  2. (Web Browser) Chrome (version 38.0.2125.122)
  3. (Other Browsers?) I tried on safari and the same problem occured
  4. (When did this problem start?) yesterday night November 17th 2014
  5. (PS username) LevineMa
  6. (Problem) Whenever i try and connect it says the server is down and then when i went on a few other websites to see if the server is actually down for other people it says it is up

this comes up
Pokémon Showdown is offline due to technical difficulties!

Bear with us as we freak out.

(We'll be back up in a few hours.)

BTW This happens on the downloaded client as well as connecting straight through the internet

I really love PS and want to get on but my cpu isnt connecting... Pls help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)