Locked Up - OM Monthly Ladder Challenge

Since Eevee General wants a bit of discussion, lets see what I can theorymon (I haven't actually started this). If you want to beat Alomomola, use Choice Band Sawk (which can 2HKO almost every wall anyway).
252+ Atk Choice Band Sawk Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Alomomola: 261-307 (48.8 - 57.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
To deal with rain, your best shot is Stunfisk Seismetoad or something similar. The suggestion or Quilladin is actually a good one. Lilligant could work as an offensive check. You can actually use rain for this challenge since Politoed, Kabutops, Ludicolo, and other pokemon are legal. Chatot has Boomburst, good speed, and Nasty Plot. And Shedinja. Shedinja with Substitute can win games by itself. Audino, Granbull, and Avalugg are all good defensive pokemon. What are other peoples thoughts?

Since Eevee General wants a bit of discussion, lets see what I can theorymon (I haven't actually started this). If you want to beat Alomomola, use Choice Band Sawk (which can 2HKO almost every wall anyway).
252+ Atk Choice Band Sawk Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Alomomola: 261-307 (48.8 - 57.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
To deal with rain, your best shot is Stunfisk Seismetoad or something similar. The suggestion or Quilladin is actually a good one. Lilligant could work as an offensive check. You can actually use rain for this challenge since Politoed, Kabutops, Ludicolo, and other pokemon are legal. Chatot has Boomburst, good speed, and Nasty Plot. And Shedinja. Shedinja with Substitute can win games by itself. Audino, Granbull, and Avalugg are all good defensive pokemon. What are other peoples thoughts?
Can confirm Shedinja with substitute can win games by itself.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/tiershift-179143189

oml, the ladder reset. RIP my rank

I've found sand to be pretty effective anyway. You're kinda limited to 5 turns since Hippopotatas is the only legal Sand Stream mon and it needs Eviolite, but for those 5 turns Stoutland has a lot of fun. Cradily is another nice sand mon because Curse sets appreciate the SpDef boost and it checks rain nicely.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
oml, the ladder reset. RIP my rank

I've found sand to be pretty effective anyway. You're kinda limited to 5 turns since Hippopotatas is the only legal Sand Stream mon and it needs Eviolite, but for those 5 turns Stoutland has a lot of fun. Cradily is another nice sand mon because Curse sets appreciate the SpDef boost and it checks rain nicely.
I thought you were running rain tbh

In as OML Pagoose. Now would be as good a time as any to learn tier shift, so I might as well try get a prize out of it :]

Last edited:

EV

Banned deucer.
Due to Showdown's outage this month, I'm extending the November challenge to the 10th of December. A new December challenge will start on the first as planned, so we'll have two running simultaneously, but on different ladders. I'll gather the top scores for November and post the winners at that time!

The December challenge will be announced soon!

EV

Banned deucer.
December Ladder Challenge specific rules:
  • Format: Almost Any Ability
  • None of the following abilities are allowed:
    • Adaptability
    • Sheer Force
    • Tough Claws
    • Gale Wings
    • Intimidate
    • Poison Heal
    • Regenerator
    • Defiant
    • Delta Stream
    • Desolate Lands
  • Any players who catch an opponent with OML in their username using an illegal ability should save the replay or screenprint for proof.
  • You don't have to send us your team and you are allowed to change it during the month providing you maintain its legality.
  • All other AAA rules apply.
Starts tomorrow!

• Adaptability
    • Sheer Force
    • Tough Claws
    • Gale Wings
    • Intimidate
    • Poison Heal
    • Regenerator
    • Defiant
    • Delta Stream
    • Desolate Lands
  • Any players who catch an opponent with OML in their username using an illegal ability should save the replay or screenprint for proof.
  • You don't have to send us your team and you are allowed to change it during the month providing you maintain its legality.
Starts tomorrow!
Are you going to ever add any abilities to this (i.e. prankster, competitive)

If not, then I can definitely see the popular victini + chlorotran sun core being everywhere, with a primordial sea user to counter opposing sun teams.

EV

Banned deucer.
I didn't plan on it aesf . If I added Prankster or Competitive to the list, how would it help reduce Victini+Chlorotran spam?

• Adaptability
    • Sheer Force
    • Tough Claws
    • Gale Wings
    • Intimidate
    • Poison Heal
    • Regenerator
    • Defiant
    • Delta Stream
    • Desolate Lands
Starts tomorrow!
Time to bring out my early bird stall team hehe. In as OML Pagoose. Also I agree that drought, drizzle and prankster should probably be added.

I didn't plan on it aesf . If I added Prankster or Competitive to the list, how would it help reduce Victini+Chlorotran spam?
I worded that very poorly.

I meant: Will you ever add things like chlorophyll, drought, primordial sea, prankster, or competitive to the banned abilities list? Because if not, then I can see those abilities being spammed and easily winning games.

oh yeah and in as OML AAAesf

tagging asterat Kl4ng w0rd Adrian Marin TheCommadore of the AAA council for input
Drought and Drizzle should probably be added to the banlist since in my opinion they're better than Primordial Sea and Desolate Land at the moment for teammate support, while Competitive should probably be added since it's not really that different from its counterpart Defiant (It's probably arguably better since you get a bigger boost from Intimidate). While Prankster isn't as popular I think it should also be up there too since it's a pretty powerful ability as well.

Also maybe illusion though idk.

Last edited:

EV

Banned deucer.
Does the middle work?
It needs to be somewhere.

So regarding the banlist, my original plan was to cut out the top ten used abilities, but since the usage statistics are down I collaborated with asterat instead. Of course certain abilities are going to dominate in the absence of those on the list--that's the point of this monthly challenge, to find threats that would exist when we remove the ones above them. If people think Drought/Drizzle are already OP, then I can add them to the list, but if this is just theorymon about what will be OP, then I'm going to ignore it. Hence why I tagged the council.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)