Pokémon Gardevoir

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any important pokemon that you don't out-speed with modest that you need to outspeed? I'm not counting speed ties because fuck speed ties anyway.
Most base 100s and under run neutral speed, so Timid does give you the jump on them. Either way, you risk tying with those that do go neutral if you opt to go that route too, so there's that to worry about as well.

Generally, from what I've noticed anyways, you find more timid / jolly wallbreakers (Zard Y, Medicham, etc.) on the lower ladder, while adamant / modest ones tend to be more common at mid to higher ranks, since a wallbreaker's nuking abilities are worth more than sweeping abilities at that level. Might be worth keeping in mind if you're laddering.

I personally run timid to outspeed jolly excadrill and ohko it with focus blast. Also @Traininator you should add taunt as a viable move on MGard to shut down stall.

I've personally always run Modest on Mega Gardevoir since it's outsped by a majority of the meta anyway. I've been interested in finding a bulkier spread for it that can still outpace some notable threats and give it more longevity, but to no avail up to now. In the end, it's all a matter of preference and team needs. Teams with fast Pokémon appreciate the power that Modest gives, while others like Timid to outpace a few threats after Mega Evolution.

Generally, I believe Mega Gardevoir is still as great as ever, since its Pixilate Hyper Voice remains one of the best nukes in OU available and it's gained a slew of new Pokémon to check: special Mega Altaria, Mega Gallade, unboosted/+1 Mega Slowbro and, most notably, Mega Sableye and Mega Latias. The mere presence of Mega Gardevoir is frightening, as it can Taunt any Pokémon bar Mega Sabes and even set up with Calm Mind. It's solid as ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)