Resource Ask a simple question get a simple answer: RU edition

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
What are some good teammates for CB Tyrantrum? I'm interested in building a team around it now that it has access to Outrage, which greatly increased its viability. I was thinking something along the lines of SD Drapion / Doublade / Abomasnow that appreciate Tyrauntrum wallbreaking, but I'm not too sure.
Similar to Dragalge, Mega Pidgeot likes the fact that Tyrantrum can lure, weaken, or potentially kill Steel-types that Pidgeot needs help to kill. Stealth Rock is very important as it allows Tyrantrum to 2HKO Gligar and 2HKO Mola pretty much all the time, so Bronzong or Cobalion could come in handy, despite the shared weaknesses in Cobalion's case. Dugtrio can trap troublesome pokes like Cobalion which prevent Tyrantrum from spamming its STABs.

Mega Sceptile is the same as Pidgeot, appreciating Tyrantrum weakening/getting rid of steel-types.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Similar to Dragalge, Mega Pidgeot likes the fact that Tyrantrum can lure, weaken, or potentially kill Steel-types that Pidgeot needs help to kill. Stealth Rock is very important as it allows Tyrantrum to 2HKO Gligar and 2HKO Mola pretty much all the time, so Bronzong or Cobalion could come in handy, despite the shared weaknesses in Cobalion's case. Dugtrio can trap troublesome pokes like Cobalion which prevent Tyrantrum from spamming its STABs.

Mega Sceptile is the same as Pidgeot, appreciating Tyrantrum weakening/getting rid of steel-types.
Yeah, a VoltTurn core of Mega Pidgeot and Cobalion would work really well to get in Tyrantrum safely. Thanks for the advice :]

What are some good teammates for CB Tyrantrum? I'm interested in building a team around it now that it has access to Outrage, which greatly increased its viability. I was thinking something along the lines of SD Drapion / Doublade / Abomasnow that appreciate Tyrauntrum wallbreaking, but I'm not too sure.
Slurpuff is also quite a good partner as after 1-2 Outrage or after taking a super effective coverage move as they switch in most Steel-types are unable to check it anymore basically letting Slurpuff sweep (for example doublade after SR and a Crunch cant take +6 Play Rough and Mega Steelix crumbles to Drain Punch after either 1 or 2 Outrages too, depending on damage rolls). Another cool partner i have found is Whimsicott that, while also weak to ice, is awesome in checking Mega Steelix and can Encore opposing Slurpuff looking to set up into an Outrage locked Tyrantrum as well as beating Rhyperior and other bulky Ground-types that check Tyrantrum.
How much Speed does Dragalge typically run?
On Choice Specs like to run 172 EVs to outrun Alomomola but running Max Speed or 56 Evs like Mysteria said (which i wouldnt do on Choice Specs set but is probably viable on more defensive variants) is also a decent option.

phantom

Banned deucer.
Run Speed on Dragagle enough to outspeed min speed mola...why do people run that shitty ass spread? lol Enough for base 50s + Speed creep is the most optimal spread because Alomomola can't touch you in the first place, and the best part is that you get to make use of its bulk and resists. Running Speed to outspeed Alomomola barely increases an already winning matchup, unless Dragalge is at like 12% or something, but that's ridiculously situational in the first place at the cost of reducing its ability to take hits, which it needs to do considering it's so slow, has no recovery, or priority and can be used to check a couple of threats here and there.

I'd also advise using Sludge Bomb over Sludge Wave on Choice Specs Dragalge considering the increased Poison chance, which is as common as a Scald burn, tends to be more punishing to various walls/resists than the 5 extra BP that gets no important KOs Sludge Bomb doesn't.

Hello Everybody, i'am currently searching a good set for my bouffalant, and i would like to have professionnel advice.

Maybe somebody can help me for the Bouffalant set / moveset, item EV spead etc... thanks in advance !!

gorex

penguin council
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
LCPL Champion

Bouffalant @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper/Soundproof
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Earthquake

OR

Bouffalant @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Head Charge
- Earthquake
- Megahorn
- Stone Edge

Explaining stuff: 84 speed helps you outspeed Alomomola, Sap Sipper helps you come in on stuff like Amoonguss, Soundproof helps you come in on stuff like Meloetta locked into Hyper Voice, or Exploud locked into Boomburst.

If you want to know more about what the set does, look up Bouffalant's analysis, that should help a lot more in my opinion

gorex

penguin council
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
LCPL Champion
It isn't a mistake, Head Charge makes you take recoil, which is something you never want on a set-up sweeper, which is pretty much what the first set accomplishes. It is only on the second set because that set is meant for wallbreaking for other sweepers to come in late game and sweep, which is why that set has Head Charge over Return, because it has more Base Power, which results in it hitting harder, something you always should opt for for a wallbreaker

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Bouffalant @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Earthquake

OR

Bouffalant @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Head Charge
- Earthquake
- Megahorn
- Stone Edge

Explaining stuff: 84 speed helps you outspeed Alomomola, Sap Sipper helps you come in on stuff like Amoonguss, Soundproof helps you come in on stuff like Meloetta locked into Hyper Voice, or Exploud locked into Boomburst.

If you want to know more about what the set does, look up Bouffalant's analysis, that should help a lot more in my opinion
I just wanted to add that outside of letting you switch into say Meloetta's Hyper Voice and Exploud's Boomburst, that Soundproof also makes Bouffalant completely immune to Roar and Perish Song, which can really come in handy on the SubSD set on occasion :).

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'm having a really hard time building a balance team that isn't weak to pangoro, any tips ? :[
The thing is, between its great attack stat and near perfect movepool, it just doesnt have switch ins. All you really need on balance is something that is faster and can threaten it out. Thats really just anything over base 58 speed, so you have a lot to choose from :P
Or have multiple fighting and dark resists, as well as just playing around with proper switching like going into cobalion on an incoming knock off.

Ajna

i tell my ppl i don't need love but
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
I'm having a really hard time building a balance team that isn't weak to pangoro, any tips ? :[
Light, there's no escape, Panda will always be there to break down your team. But as bolts and bombers mentioned you really just have to play around it which isn't impossible if its banded, but if its Lum SD you have to pray that they misplay and allow you to bring in a decently fast mon that can force it out. You basically need a fairy and Cobalion to consistently have of avoiding a ko.

Bouffalant @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Earthquake

OR

Bouffalant @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Head Charge
- Earthquake
- Megahorn
- Stone Edge

does exist a bouffalant styl with Skull Bash Maybe ? thanks

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
does exist a bouffalant styl with Skull Bash Maybe ? thanks
Skull bash is completely outclassed by other Normal moves like Return or Head Charge. Seeing as it takes two turns to attack, its just better to be able to attack right away. If you really wanted to you could run Skull Bash over the suggested Normal-type move, but I wouldn't.

What are good teammates for a Mega Glalie + Scarf Moltres core? I thought about Shiftry because it has Defog and because it checks Bronzong and Slowking, but I'm kinda unsure if I should choose another Defogger/Spinner.

The Leprechaun

wear nike not fila
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
What are good teammates for a Mega Glalie + Scarf Moltres core? I thought about Shiftry because it has Defog and because it checks Bronzong and Slowking, but I'm kinda unsure if I should choose another Defogger/Spinner.

You're right, shiftry is an excellent partner for that core. The reasons you mentioned are pretty solid as well but it's also worth considering that shiftry destroys alomomola which is a fairly decent check to both of those mons. I can understand why you might be sceptical though. Shiftry isn't the most reliable defogger in the tier but the fact that scarftres and glalie have such a good matchup against opposing rock setters, you'll often be able to scare a lot of them out before they're able to set rocks or eliminate them quickly, thereby limiting the number of times you may have to defog.

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Physically defensive Aromatisse and Granbull are really the two safest switch-ins the tier has, and even then, they can get destroyed by a Gunk Shot / Poison Jab on the switch. As mentioned already, focus on having faster Pokemon, ideally ones that can switch into at least one of Pangoro's STAB moves. So, this would be stuff like Cobalion, Moltres, and Golbat (yes, Golbat outspeeds Adamant Panda) all of which fit pretty well on balance teams.

Bouffalant @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe Def
Nature : Adamant
- Earthquake
- Iron head
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance

what do you think about this ? is it viable ?

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Bouffalant @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe Def
Nature : Adamant
- Earthquake
- Iron head
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance

what do you think about this ? is it viable ?
Bouffalant needs a Normal-type STAB to deal with physical walls more reliably. Return is ideal for a set looking to make use of Swords Dance. I'd personally use it over Iron Head and consider using Substitute over Rock Slide to give yourself more set up opportunities against more defensive teams (as well as a buffer vs. offensive teams) With Substitute, you can run Leftovers as well since Sub will be shielding you from status (except from Infiltrator users like Spiritomb and Golbat. But Tomb beats you anyway because it's immune to Bouff's STAB)

Changin the topic a bit.. What do you think of Ampharos? Its mega is UU for ovbious reasons but i think the normal Ampharos could come to RU, that is with his megaitem banned.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
Changin the topic a bit.. What do you think of Ampharos? Its mega is UU for ovbious reasons but i think the normal Ampharos could come to RU, that is with his megaitem banned.
The thing is, ampharos gets more than enough usage in UU and mega pokemon are tiered with their base forms so there is very little chance of ampharos dropping to this tier.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)