ORAS Super Secret Bases Thread (Read the first post before posting!)

NoCheese

"Jack, you have debauched my sloth!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
If your QR code was among the deleted ones, feel free to repost it, with a little description. We encourage quality over quantity. Basic language skills is a plus requirement too.

Happy secret base hunting!
Bonus points for noting your "trainer type." It appears you may need to set this in both the secret base club in Fortree City (female pokemon ranger in back right) and the Pokemon Center in Rustboro City (man in a suit by the map), though perhaps Rustboro is only for link battles while Fortree is only for secret bases.

Remember, you make a better "secret pal" if you have a useful trainer type that gives access to "pick something up," which is by far the best overall ability. "Pick up stones" and even "gather berries" have some use too, at least until you've acquired a sufficient stock of evolutionary stones and accessed all the rare berries. Note that "Ace Trainer" is in fact horrible and has access to NONE of these skills. So though we may all like to think of ourselves as Ace Trainers, if you want to make your base more desirable to add, choose a different trainer type. A list of types and their associated skills is available here. If you don't want to go through the chart, Schoolkid, Beauty, and Ninja Boy are all excellent choices, with access to all three of these skills when a player's secret base reaches the Gold level.

Oops
Made a error, just use this one (The good luck leaving is true, going in is easy, but going out, might be not)
I made this base for fun, and to take away some time, because when you get in, you'll have hard time going out
Also, I collect 50 flags a day (from the passersby bases) so add me to get flags
Also, I'm a schoolkid

The battle can also be really hard, as Rayquaza mega-evolves, the weather changes, allowing both P-Groudon and P-Kyogre to use every attack

Last edited:

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Both of the two of you above:

What were your ideas for your base? What kind of Trainer Class are you? Did you design it according to some criteria, or just for fun?

This is NOT a "post your QR code" thread. This is a thread for discussion and sharing of your bases. Your QR code might be essential, but it should not be the only thing provided. I'll give you a couple hours to edit in some more info, or I'll delete the posts.

EDIT: So-called "Blissey Bash" bases are subject to slightly more relaxed rules. You should at least post your trainer type, and preferrably also the movesets of the Blissey. Are they using Healing Wish to auto-KO, or are they to be defeated manually? Do they offer any resistance? Presenting your Secret Base is also strongly encouraged, and writing easily understandable English is a minimum requirement.

Sorry about that Codraroll I have read the rules.

I deleted my post on page three.

My base is located at route 119 at the south acro bike path it's main purpose is to help train pokemon however the design makes it take a while to reach my trainer I was going for a certain ominous feeling when you're in the base I had this same base location in both ruby and emerald even though we have new locations I am dedicated to keep this location as a nostalgia base it's not the same design as my ruby or emerald base but I wanted to try something more creative.
My trainer type is a ace trainer I figured id go ace trainer although I been debating on going Guitarist for fortune telling.

All three of these blisseys hold Toxic Orb and have Healing Wish and offer no resistance.
A little preview of my base

Last edited:
i explained it in my other posts, but read this thing i wrote and basically apply it to friends and not just passerby because it works that way too

this method is likely to be even better with friends because you're removing the randomness of who you meet, so if you add a bunch of people who collect flags and secret pal them the same day they're collecting and online on pss with you, they're likely to give you a good amount of extra flags when you talk to them, and you can do this pretty consistently
That guide doesn't mention you can turn off forced save in the options Save game > connect online > invite secret pals up to ten new bases every 8 hours so that's ten chances at a good amount of flags I kept soft reseting until I got over 30 flags per 8 hours sure it takes longing but it works. I got at least 100 flags per day with online passerby and my brothers game which was a guaranteed 30 flags per day.

Friends are once per day but that would be really nice having a bunch of people who actually collected flags daily I didn't have that luxury though.

Very nice guide by the way =)

Last edited:
Another thing to note: Do not 'favorite' bases. 'Favorite' bases cannot be overwritten by other bases. Just delete bases after capturing their flags and using their skills. That way, the next time the buzznav updates, you have more chances to get more bases than usual.

At the risk of sounding stupid, I want to know how the bloody hell you guys have all managed to basically screenshot your QR Codes, as I don't want to have to upload a shoddy looking picture taken from my phone. Can you help me out?

At the risk of sounding stupid, I want to know how the bloody hell you guys have all managed to basically screenshot your QR Codes, as I don't want to have to upload a shoddy looking picture taken from my phone. Can you help me out?
Option 1: Go to your secret PC, click "Manage QR codes", and there's an option to save an image of your code to your SD card. Then you can either put your SD card in your computer to upload it, or use the 3DS image share to upload it directly to Twitter.

Option 2: Do a Game Sync and your QR will be updated on the Secret Base page on your profile on the PGL. You can either screenshot the page to show the other info, or save the QR image directly if you want to reupload it.

On that note, people really need to stop taking camera pics of their 3DS screen considering that there are 2 different methods of saving the QR images directly.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Guess I should post my base.

http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/user/U-000-0808-H/secretbase

I guess Rotation Secret bases are underrepresented ITT and p much in general (I have never seen a single rotation base outside of mine) so here is a base for you to play some Rotation battles on and whatnot. For those into recruiting people for bases I am a Pokémon Ranger so I provide early access to Berry and Stone searches for those who desperately need them. The post bronze rank abilities are not very useful though >_>

And of course with the Rotations battles, remember this is rotations so I guess the AI will probably let me down half the time hahaha. Some of the mons are not fully optimised either. Also for those that need exp for mons and want a fight and not a Blissey bash this provides a kinda safe way to level up those weaker mons.

In terms of location you need Surf to get there and it is in the area of Route 127 where the black belts are. I also picked this location because the blurb text is quite fun. Otherwise it is just a get to the other side of the base to battle and get the flag with no dumb tricks getting in the way. I do not care that much about base design anyway though you will have to do some navigation across stands haha.

Have fun in an under-appreciated (imo) battle format! ^_^

Last edited:
Anyone here now knows how exactly we streetpass base data from friends?
Do they need to see each other online at the PSS?
Or do they just need to perform a game sync and that will automatically transfer their data to their friends the next time the buzznav updates?
I doubt the first one as a requisite because I am still receiving base data from friends that I have deleted (I've been playing around with this for quite a while now) though I cannot confirm if that works for everyone else.
Can anyone confirm the second? I believe that is the key...

Option 1: Go to your secret PC, click "Manage QR codes", and there's an option to save an image of your code to your SD card. Then you can either put your SD card in your computer to upload it, or use the 3DS image share to upload it directly to Twitter.

Option 2: Do a Game Sync and your QR will be updated on the Secret Base page on your profile on the PGL. You can either screenshot the page to show the other info, or save the QR image directly if you want to reupload it.

On that note, people really need to stop taking camera pics of their 3DS screen considering that there are 2 different methods of saving the QR images directly.
Ah thanks man, lifesaver.

Hi all. I just made these secret bases today. For those who want Blissey bases with characters that can "pick something up", here are your things.

All of them are in Secret Shore. It's in Double Battle, so the first two Blissey should KO themselves with Healing Wish.
The last Bliss will immediately use Struggle because of her Assault Vest, so be prepred.

EDIT: Sorry, this post is a failed attempt. You can have only one of these bases, but there's one thing I learned.

Unlike カルタ's secret base, these are made in one 3DS.
Each of カルタ's base was made in different 3DS, and that's why people can have multiple bases from the same creator.

Last edited:
Here's mine~ Honestly, as silly as it sounds, it's set up just to look pretty. That's really about it. My Pokemon are kinda too low for it to be super exciting for battles, but my base is right by the safari zone if you're interested in popping by!

I'm a delinquent. :)

Last edited:

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hey everyone, here's my secret base.

It includes 5 trainers (pals) who have 3x blissey each. And I am on the second floor with my usual picks.

http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/user/M-036-4393-S/secretbase

If anyone else have bases in the Secret Meadow with 5 Blissey in their bases / decorated please let me know. Thanks
I've posted this earlier in the thread, but other trainers are only able to fight YOUR (i.e., 1) Blissey trainer. Any trainers you recruit will have an assortment of unevolved Pokémon instead of Blissey.

My 3DS camera doesn't work for some reason -.- Any other way to grind other than elite 4???
Try the Simple Question Simple Answer thread at the top of the ORAS sub-forum. I would've linked, but selecting and copying is a pain without computers.

To answer your question, first I have to ask you, are you using the Nintendo 3DS camera from the app on your home screen, or the special one for Secret Bases in your Secret Base? Cause the usual one on the home screen doesn't work for Secret Bases. Also, you can do Mauville Food Court once a day, or rebattle the Reporters. The reporters are really good since you don't have to wait a day for rematch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)