Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 44 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone know a good breeding guide for ORAS? I been getting 2-4 iv pokes... :(

Is the breeding the same as X and Y?
alright i got a 5 iv torchic and a 6 iv ditto. my torchic is holding an everstone while the ditto is holding a destiny knot, and i am ending up with 1-3 iv torchics....
Is one of torchics IVs 0? I've noticed that makes breeding way harder for me

And if not the RNG gods just hate you ATM lol

When that happens I usually take a break, move on for a while and try later

Took me 160~ eggs to get my 5iv ha skrelp female with 4iv parent and 6iv ditto

Is one of torchics IVs 0? I've noticed that makes breeding way harder for me

And if not the RNG gods just hate you ATM lol

When that happens I usually take a break, move on for a while and try later

Took me 160~ eggs to get my 5iv ha skrelp female with 4iv parent and 6iv ditto
yeah my torchic is 31/31/31/xx/31/31 so i have to wait just for a perfect iv torchic?

Check your Torchic or Ditto's IVs again, one of them is wrong.
it says both outstanding potential
torchic: has HP, attack, defense, special defense, and speed
Ditto: has HP, attack, defense, special attack, special defense, and speed

the ditto is from .com so it has 6 ivs

and im ending up with 1-3 iv pokes

I'm certain that it's down to a missing destiny knot.

From what I understand the way dknot works is that it picks 5ivs from both parents at random adds them and divides them, so if torchics spAtt is 1 it could be splitting weird

Not 100% on this

From what I understand the way dknot works is that it picks 5ivs from both parents at random adds them and divides them, so if torchics spAtt is 1 it could be splitting weird

Not 100% on this
Not sure if I'm just misreading you, but if you use a DK, 5 IVs will be randomly chosen from the parents and assigned to the offspring, with the 6th IV being random, so the offspring's IVs would be something like:

m/f/f/f/m/x

Where m = from male parent and f = from female parent and x = random.

So with a DK and those parents, you should get at least 4IV offspring.

Without a DK, 3 IVs are randomly chosen from the parents, so even without a DK he should be getting at least 2IV offspring (which probably is the problem here as has been stated, and he just misjudged with the 1IV offspring mention).

Hi,

Does the RNG abuse that was present in X/Y still exist in ORAS?

I am referring to this trick that let you see what IVs the egg would take from each parent, and then reset the game and replace the parents with others.

Edit: Since I have several 5IVs Pokémon of the same species, I wonder this:

Both the mother and the father have 31 IVs in Attack, Defense, Special Attack, Special Defense and Speed.
The father has 0 IVs in HP.

Let us say I have an egg that inherits the HP IVs of one of the parents (Probability of 5/6):
That means that depending on what the IV judge says, I can determine whether the egg has inherited its HPs from the mother (No comment on the HP) or from the father (Comment on how bad the HP is).

With that in mind, I replace the proper parent by a Pokémon of the same sex that has 31 IVs in HP.

I thus reduce the odds of having a 6IVs from 1/192 (1/6 that the egg does not inherit the HP * 1/32 that the HP gets a 31 from RNG) to 1/32 (5 stats are 31 IVs from Destiny Knot, and the last one gets a 1/32 chance of being 31)

Two questions:

1) Is my math correct?

2) If the egg does not get 31 in the remaining stat, will the IV inheritence remain the same ?
I see no reason why it would chance, but I would like to have confirmation of it.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Hi,

Does the RNG abuse that was present in X/Y still exist in ORAS?

I am referring to this trick that let you see what IVs the egg would take from each parent, and then reset the game and replace the parents with others.

Edit: Since I have several 5IVs Pokémon of the same species, I wonder this:

Both the mother and the father have 31 IVs in Attack, Defense, Special Attack, Special Defense and Speed.
The father has 0 IVs in HP.

Let us say I have an egg that inherits the HP IVs of one of the parents (Probability of 5/6):
That means that depending on what the IV judge says, I can determine whether the egg has inherited its HPs from the mother (No comment on the HP) or from the father (Comment on how bad the HP is).

With that in mind, I replace the proper parent by a Pokémon of the same sex that has 31 IVs in HP.

I thus reduce the odds of having a 6IVs from 1/192 (1/6 that the egg does not inherit the HP * 1/32 that the HP gets a 31 from RNG) to 1/32 (5 stats are 31 IVs from Destiny Knot, and the last one gets a 1/32 chance of being 31)

Two questions:

1) Is my math correct?

2) If the egg does not get 31 in the remaining stat, will the IV inheritence remain the same ?
I see no reason why it would chance, but I would like to have confirmation of it.

Thank you.
You mean, Time Machine breeding, not RNG. I believe it's in ORAS, no reason for it to change.

I'm not sure on your maths but the process doesn't change.

You mean, Time Machine breeding, not RNG. I believe it's in ORAS, no reason for it to change.

I'm not sure on your maths but the process doesn't change.
I do not see any reason why it would change either, but I am asking for confirmation here.

I do not know what it is "officially called", and I did not mean to say that "RNG abuse" was its official name. Anyway, this is abusing the RNGs, so this is how I thought I would describe it.

I am not sure about the process because I only have heard of this technique and have not tried it myself, since I have not played X and Y. So any confirmation or correction on that part would be nice.

Thank you anyway.

I do not see any reason why it would change either, but I am asking for confirmation here.

I do not know what it is "officially called", and I did not mean to say that "RNG abuse" was its official name. Anyway, this is abusing the RNGs, so this is how I thought I would describe it.

I am not sure about the process because I only have heard of this technique and have not tried it myself, since I have not played X and Y. So any confirmation or correction on that part would be nice.

Thank you anyway.
I don't really understand your earlier question, but if you haven't tried it before and all you're doing is breeding for 6IVs, then you should just breed like normal instead of using the time machine breeding method. The TMBM is much more tedious and isn't really going to speed up the process in comparison.

Not sure if the TMBM works in ORAS, but why don't you try it out? Should only take a minute to check. I'd do it myself but I'm in the middle of a breeding project right now (although I will soon if nobody does I guess).

Thank you anyway.
mostthe3rd has a guide somewhere, check his profile as it may in his sig or thread. It's a very good process.

I don't really understand your earlier question, but if you haven't tried it before and all you're doing is breeding for 6IVs, then you should just breed like normal instead of using the time machine breeding method. The TMBM is much more tedious and isn't really going to speed up the process in comparison.

Not sure if the TMBM works in ORAS, but why don't you try it out? Should only take a minute to check. I'd do it myself but I'm in the middle of a breeding project right now (although I will soon if nobody does I guess).
Is it tedious? If I calculated correctly, it makes it 1 in 32 instead of 1 in 192. You still have to reset the game, but it is six times more likely that you find a 6IVs Pokémon. However, I am unsure whether this works or not.

I am sort of late as far as breeding methods are concerned, so I thought it might have been obvious whether this method was still present in ORAS or not; I have searched a little but could not find anything, so I figured I would ask.
I would try, but I am breeding right now as well, and once again I am unsure whether I would do it right or not. Thank you for your reply.

mostthe3rd has a guide somewhere, check his profile as it may in his sig or thread. It's a very good process.
I will read it, thank you very much.

-man this is long-
I couldn't say since I didn't understand your question at all. I don't see how the TMBM can change the chances of getting a certain IV spread though. I guess you can PM .com about it if you're still unsure, he probably knows best, or I can try to help you out since .com is probably on holiday.

Can you catch medicham/dite in a moonball? :o

It says its in the hgss safari but do you HAVE to use safari ball?
You don't catch them that way in the safari, it's through Sinnoh Sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)