Do you prefer newer or older games?

Johto is definitely a beautiful generation and GSC came really close to being great, but the leveling curve is just abysmal and the new pokemon were by and large completely garbage statwise. Also, Kanto felt really tacked on after the Elite 4 and completely kills the flow of the game. Diamond and Pearl are much, much worse. Sinnoh is by far the worst region in any game thanks to Mt. Coronet and the snow areas being such a goddamn chore, and the selection of pokemon is awful. There are a total of two fire types at your disposal before beating the Elite Four, one of which is the starter. Platinum fixed some of its problems but it's still a fundamentally broken generation.
I really have to disagree. While the snow did get annoying, I really enjoyed Mount Coronet. I really enjoyed going through it when trying to get to Spear Pillar in Platinum, I discovered a way to get to Eterna by exploring when trying to find the Adamant and Lustrous Orbs, and really just go back for the music. The Kanto portion, was in my opinion, a great add on. I felt, when I beat Lance for the first time in Crystal (which was my first game), that the game was too short. Then I saw you could go on and explore an entire region. I had not been exposed to Kanto yet, and it was interesting when I got to see I could get more than 8 badges. All in all: the even gens had great additions, especially the physical special splits in moves, and having special split into defense and offense, it was great what the even gens introduced. And the regions where by far the most amazing. (And thank Arceus we didn't have to surf half the time.)

Now, to answer the question: truegenner. While I don't give a muk about Newgenners and Genwunners, I enjoyed every gen. I just started playing Yellow a week ago, but I love the game. While the gameplay is a little dungeon-runny, it has great gameplay. And the sprite art is really interesting, instead of it just standing around staring at you. And lets not forget Nessie. Lapras is based of the Loch Ness Monster. Gen 2 was an around gen with nothing sticking out. Except that one puzzle... Ice Path.... I hate Ice Path... Gen 3: region: terrible. Pokemon: I love everything. Except Swellow. But Pelliper? Absol? Blaziken? Sceptile? Swampert? Beautifly? Dustox? Rayquaza? Latios? Deoxys? Metagross? AWESOME!!!! Gen 4: everything was good. We had a god. A mountain with a huge shrine on top. A penguin starter who evolves into an emperor penguin that's steel type. And a giant turtle with a continent on its back, what's not to love? Gen 5: Bacon. Bacon. Otter Samurai. Bacon. A region based of of NY. Battle Elite Four in any order.
Bacon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Every single generation holds special memories for me. The first two were my childhood, 3rd gen got me back into Pokemon after a short hiatus (I loved natures, overworld weather, and the bright colors), 4th gen is when I finally was able to play with online friends over wifi, and 5th gen has the best mechanics to date. I think they definitely improve the series each game, but the older gens all introduced something that impressed me at the time so I still appreciate them.

Gen 1 is a whole different style, so I can understand why people might like it. It has so many aspects of retro RPGs, before they started balancing the Pokemon.

As for favorite games... Heart Gold might be my favorite. It was a perfect remake. The game was beautiful, the music was my favorite of any game so far, and Pokemon following!

I like gen 2 the best. I played gen 1 A LOT, but still like gen 2 more.
It annoys me when people say gen 2 mons are bad when it consistently DOMINATES OU with only 100 mons introduced.
Tyranitar, Politoed, Scizor, Forretress, Skarmory, Blissey, Celebi, Donphan, and Espeon are all OU. 4 of which are pretty darn influential.

I like them pretty much equally even if I have my preferences :

RBY started it all, but really, it was broken as hell. But hey, nostalgia

GSC is a fixed version of RBY, but the level curve is horrible and it probably has the most boring story. Nostalgia too though

RSE are great, but the lack of Physical/Special split yet kind of drives me off. Hoenn is a very good region though and it is probably the less linear region of all. Too much water and level curves too fast at the end

FRLG has 3rd gen problems, but still is a good game, with a correct level curve

DPP, I'm not the biggest fan of them, as I don't really like Sinnoh and the pokemon selection that much but the level curve is good and all the mechanics that were brought in including the damn Special/Physical split make it superior to previous games

SSHG have the 4th gen advancements, but damn, the level curve still is terrible. You need to grind levels like never in this one. Especially at 3 moments : At around the 8th badge, for Elite 4 and for Red which is the biggest one. Also, damn hard trainers having FOUR Full Restores

BW/BW2 take the cake. Even more improved mechanics, improved graphics and stuff like moving pokemons is actually damn cool. The games are perfectly balanced compared to the other games, everything feels so smooth. But while Unova is a nice region, but it's the most linear out of all them and it probably have the worse musics of all the Pokemon serie. BW2 brought tons of a new features to BW and the post game actually represent a good part of the game and doesn't feel randomly slapped on like Kanto to the 2nd gen

Overall, except for the Gen 1 or 2 games due to them being too old, I play all of them every so often

Hoeen babies: People who believe that either A) Pokemon died after generation 3 or that B)All generations are equally decent except for generation 3 which is clearly the best. (normally born in the late nineties and hence played ruby/sapphire/emerald as their first game. Similar to genwunners but born in a different era and more accepting of new and old Pokemon. [usually])
As I read this description I began to think of myself as a Hoenn Baby B, but then I remembered it took me some time to get used to and like the new gens. It took me more time to accept Gen IV than Gen V. This was most likely due to cross-gen evolutions, the only ones that appealed to me were/are Porygon-Z, Mismagius and Mamoswine. Ironically, the thing I hate the most from Gen V is its lack of cross-gen evolutions. This led me to think I might be a Hoenn Baby A. However, I'm really liking the upcoming gen (character customization, Sylveon, megas, PokéBank, fairy type), so I can conclude I'm a "divisible-by-three-genner."

I will not restrict myself to a label of sorts. I like to keep an open mind. Generally speaking I don't hate any generations, I can give some points to each generation:
Gen I - Nostalgia plays a huge factor here, but if we brush that aside the games were good, but in no way there were the best. Many important (and awesome) features that added a dynamic to both in-game and competitive atmosphere were introduced later.
Gen II - I skipped gen II when I was a kid. I had Crystal or Silver (can't remember which), but I never went through with it, because English is my second language as a kid I saw the menu "complicated" as opposed to the "simple" one I'm used to in Yellow. Playing it on first time on remake in the form of SS I didn't like it much. Perhaps because I had so much hype for it and what others hyped Gen II to be, but I didn't like it that much (compared to the other generations). However, and this is a big however. The remakes themselves were VERY well made IMO, way better than FRLG. They introduced many awesome features, fluidity and other things that made the games way more enjoyable. I still play it, because of those things.
Gen III - Nostalgia also plays a factor here for me since I played RSE far more (in terms of hours played) than RBY, but at the same time I still think the region has an awesome design, story and setting. Having vivid colors and Pokemon to be grown to be my favorites, admirable characters and a memorable frontier makes Gen III my fav overall region, but this BY NO MEANS do I not appreciate the awesome things introduced later on.
Gen IV - It brought cosmology into the equation in terms of story which gave Pokemon a bit more depth. It had a large snowy area which reminded me of the desert in RSE. It had physical/special split.
Gen V - It had the deepest (morally-philosophically) intertwined story (imo). It is not just akin to the vegan arguments in real life(to an extent). The whole names gave you the concept that just because they're the villaneous teams doesn't mean they're evil, or vice-versa, which expands into a deeper philosophical output that nothing is as it seems and that nothing is clear-cut. BW2 were more black and whitish as opposed to the first ones which were kinda in gray zone (with the exception of ghetsis), but all in all it present a philosophical end to the story. Graphics-wise, obviously the overworld has improved graphics, angles and battles were more dynamic, fluid..etc, but I hated that the back sprites were pixelated because they were essentially "zoomed in". They could have done bigger sprites without those huge pixels apparent. The battle visuals were still good and I got used to it.

All in all, No game/gen has "deeply" disappointed me, even Gen II I liked it, but the disappointment factor was that it wasn't as good as I hoped it was, but it still was good. My favorite overall generation is probably Gen III, but it's not black and white (pun totally intended); Each gen has its pros and cons, its merits, add-ons and downfalls. However, I'm yet to see a "huge downfall". And I hope this persists.

IMO:
II>I=V>III>IV

However, I dislike ranking them like this, because I love all of them! I guess if you had to classify me into one of Basilius's categories, it would be a mix of "truegenner" and "sinnoh hater", though I don't actually hate Sinnoh.

I do think Sinnoh had more flaws than the rest of the gens, especially given the fact that it's newer so there's less excuse for messing up because Game Freak should have known what they were doing by the time 4th gen rolled around. Mt Coronet was extremely annoying. I hated having to go through that same stupid boring mountain a million effing times. I also didn't like the complete lack of fire types. Surfing in Sinnoh was pretty much the worst-- SOO slow!! And all those stupid prevos and evos to already-existing Pokemon drove me nuts. OH and the fog part was awful. Defog was the worst idea for an HM ever.

That being said, I did like some things about Sinnoh, too! I enjoyed the updated graphics, I liked Dawn, I adored the starters. The gyms and gym leaders were relatively memorable, and I really loved the snow routes. The mythology was really cool too. And the Underground was so much fun! I loved the secret base feature down there (not as much as the 3rd gen secret bases, but still!), and the digging minigames were also lots of fun.
--
I don't really think Gen III deserves all the love it's getting ITT. Sure, secret bases were awesome, and the towns and gyms were relatively memorable, and it had cute starters, but that's about all it has going for it. Team Aqua and Team Magma are really dumb... their goals don't even make any real sense. Expand the land mass or expand the sea? Sure, but... why? It's just pretty pointless. Also, there were no good electric types (Plusle + Minun can go kill themselves, and Electrike was only slightly better). The music was terribad (oh hey let's just blast synthetic trumpets until your ears bleed!) with few exceptions (okay, Verdanturf Town's music WAS gorgeous, and Fortree City's music had a ton of personality). I didn't really like this region's mons in general, either. OH and the rival was really stupid. WAYYY too nice to you, and didn't even bother to fully evolve their starter. I want a rival who is actually somewhat challenging, thank you very much. Still, I like it better than 4th gen because at least the landscape is varied.

--
Gen I is where it all started, and it will always hold a special place in my heart. The graphics may have been rudimentary, but that just allowed imagination to run wild. The glitches were really fun to exploit, too, and the fact that they were there made the possibilities seem endless for the Gen I world. The Pokemon themselves were all really great, and although the sprites were kinda messed up, this gave the game some real personality. The music was also really wonderful, especially given the limited hardware GameFreak had to work with at the time. And it had the best rival of all time, Gary Motherfucking Oak. Seriously.

--
Gen II had all the benefits of Gen I, except with more Pokemon and more awesome features. OH and you could also go visit Kanto, so it was like two games in one. Say whatever you want about the terrible level curve, but the addition of Kanto in the Gen II games was amazing. It was post E-4, so it was technically post-game anyway, and honestly, no other gen gave us a post-game nearly this rich (well, HGSS did, but that's just because it's a gen II remake, so yeah. I'm not counting remakes in my assessment of gens, btw, or else I'd have to say that Gen IV was the best because of HGSS, but aggghh I do not want to say gen IV was the best because DPP were pretty much the worst). I loved the fact that you could re-battle trainers with phone-calls too, especially in Crystal where they sometimes gave you rare items. The music this gen was my favorite of any gen, even more than gen I, which is difficult to beat IMO. I also loved the plot. And all the areas in Johto to explore. And pretty much everything. The Ruins of Alph in Crystal were the coolest thing ever, and Lugia and Ho-oh were boss. Gen II is the best gen, hands down.

--
Gen V is definitely the best in terms of graphics, and arguably the best in terms of story line. I also loved almost all the mons introduced this gen, except for the Swoobat line. Unova was a really cool region with tons of unique locations, and B2W2 only expanded upon this. The only complaint I have about Unova is that it's too linear, but whatever. Surfing is fast again and there's the Dream World. N is an extremely well-written character. The gym leaders have compelling back-stories and insanely cool gyms. Life is good.

IMO:

I do think Sinnoh had more flaws than the rest of the gens, especially given the fact that it's newer so there's less excuse for messing up because Game Freak should have known what they were doing by the time 4th gen rolled around. Mt Coronet was extremely annoying. I hated having to go through that same stupid boring mountain a million effing times. I also didn't like the complete lack of fire types. Surfing in Sinnoh was pretty much the worst-- SOO slow!! And all those stupid prevos and evos to already-existing Pokemon drove me nuts. OH and the fog part was awful. Defog was the worst idea for an HM ever.
Defog was very terrible, as was the lack of fire types. But, as I stated earlier, Mt. Coronet was very fun to explore. The surfing might've been slow, but I still surfed 8 times more Hoenn, and I mean time wise. There was so little surfing, with enough to incorporate the illusion of an ocean, that it barely bothered me at all. At least it wasn't like Gen 1 when you were in the Rocket base and you had to go on those arrow thingies.

Well, don't label me. I've been there since 1998. Love Gen I and really love Gen II. Great storyline in both, imo better in Gen II.

Gen III was good, but kind of a swing and a miss for me. Its the only Gen of which I own no games. The story was kind of weak, and the game just didn't hold my interest as well.

And I just don't get all of the hate on Gen IV. This is the game that brought me back from my general disinterest in III. The story was a little Farfetch'd, I agree, but the implementation of story elements was the best they've ever done. Platinum was even better than DP. Aside from Silver, Platinum remains to this day the game I've had the most fun with ever. I am currently replaying it for the thousandth time. It produced some of the best moments, like when the executives are about to smash you (well, you would have won, but...) and Barry shows up, I usually hate stuff like that, but I was literally cheering when he ran in. Or when the bomb at Lake Valor goes off when you are in the library and it sets off a massive chain of events that involve you flying all over creation chasing the thin trail of clues you have to try and stop team galactic.

Lanturn Did you ever play Platinum? They fixed most of what you didn't like. Mt. Coronet I thought was cool. You barely ever have to go through it until the end, and there weren't really any other story based caves in the game. I can't believe you hated the evolutions! The only one I thought missed was LickiLicky. the rest turned out great. the Defog WAS awful though...

Did not like Gen V. Story was great, arguably the best, but the implementation was so bad, it didn't matter. The mountains of text you had to climb was just unbearable, and it was the power creep-iest gen to date. It was linear, I hated a lot of the mons both design and execution. The game was extremely linear, and I just keep coming back to the fact that the story was not implemented well at all. I just didn't like it. Advance town. Beat gym leader. advance town. Beat gym leader. Encounter Team Plasma about one and a half times through the entire game. Beat game. Get out Platinum and enjoy a well written story.

So for me, Silver wins, but only by a nose, because I just had so much fun playing Gen IV, still do. Gen II, IV, I, III, and V are the order for me. Gen VI better land ahead of Gen III or I'll be upset at GF.

Stone RG

Megas are broke
Im a newgenner, while nostalgia may make a lot of people say older gens are better due to ... i dont know, why the fuck do people even rather red or blue over FireRed/LeafGreen? i never played the original versions and i guess i can take Pokemon Yellow cuz you are given A FREAKING PIKACHU AS STARTER, but still, the remakes completely override the original versions.

My favorite regions are Hoenn and Sinnoh, mainly due to Hoenn's tropical feeling all the time, the incredible use of the Battle Frontier (Platinum, while excellent,cannot compare) to challenge you, the protagonists, and all the cool pokes that were introduced here.

As for Sinnoh, i have played Diamond and Pear once, and i must say, yes, i hated the regional dex, wayy too hard to make a cool team like the ones i always try to do (im an obsessive on using only pokemons i like, but Platinum is a masterpiece of a game, even for pokemon standards, the regional dex has so much to give you, grinding is not hard at all, 2nd best storyline hands-down (and best villain imo) not to mention best champion and an enjoyable map, i personally loved Mt. Coronet due to the majestic feeling it gives me. Bonus points for the best overall soundtrack in pokemon games.

BW had the best storyline until now, with the best written character GF has presented us, aka N, but i didnt like the regional pokedex, not as bad as D/P's but most evolutionary lines where too generic or didnt get to my expectations, while post-game is great overall, its completely, and utterly overshadowed by BW2, whose entire side quests i havent even completed yet.

I tend to be a truegenner when talking to my friends. But whenever you here the hipster or frat boy saying "Pokemon use to be cool, but now there are like 1000 and they all suck" it always makes my blood boil, and i go on a newgenner rant. What makes the original 150 so great?

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Oops, I don't think I fit into any category. :P

I like Gen 2 and Gen 5 most, despite they seem to have the worst of Pokemon designs. (Unown, Ursarig, Dunsparce, Garbodor....)
I think I like their story line and their type of world?

I personally, for some reason, find Gen 3 my least favourite, but that could be because I used to be a Gen2er. (What's the proper word for that?)
And I moaned a lot about Gen 4.

I think Gen 1 was a great introduction for most of us into Pokemon, but the Pokemon franchise had moved on a lot from ever since. (Especially for those who liked Pokemon due to the anime series)
And there somehow are people who are unwilling to move on. Plus the quality of the anime had been a bit downhills since then, but I respect their choice for their target audience. (which had been lowered during Gen 3)

I don't see why people should moan about new Pokemon. (Unless the designs are horrible, but still, they could have a good metagame)
They could keep watching the old shows and playing the old games. (There will still be functioning Gen 1 copies for sale on the internet)

I guess it's because they used to memorize a lot of Pokemon information, but then realize they need to memorize more for new gens?
Or that the new gen datas are too much for them to process?
Or they simply don't want anything new. (Well, have fun watching Gen 1 stuff then. At least I still enjoy them.)

I tend to be a truegenner when talking to my friends. But whenever you here the hipster or frat boy saying "Pokemon use to be cool, but now there are like 1000 and they all suck" it always makes my blood boil, and i go on a newgenner rant. What makes the original 150 so great?
Lapras. Lapras makes everything awesome. It f***ing based of of Nessie. I love the Loch Ness Monster, and Lapras is very fun to obliterate every piece of trash in your way. ( But I like the new gens too, like Piplup being based of my fav animal, and Emboar just making you regret you were born.... ;3)

I'm kind of all over the place. Gen 1 and 2 have a special place in my heart, but they don't stand the test of time as well as many people like to argue. Platinum is quite possibly my favourite game in the entire series. HGSS was excellent, as Crystal was my favourite game before Platinum. But it's really hard to forget how barren and tacked on Kanto was in GSCHGSS. B/W, despite the slight shift in emphasis from "becoming the champion" to being a bit more story-based, really fell short of my expectations. B/W2 managed to recover practically all of my disappointment, blast it into the moon and leave me feeling satisfied with the gen.

Hoenn is by far my least favourite Gen.

(Note, I played B->Y->G->C->ten year gap->PLAT->HS->Black->Emerald->White 2 in that order, so my opinions might be because I essentially feel nostalgic about two different gens. (1 and 4))

And despite my initial love of Gen 2. Hindsight tells me how few designs I actually liked from it. Scizor, Ursaring, and Tyrantitar being 3 of the very few I liked. (There ARE others though.)

I guess I like older gens better, mainly gen 3. I'm not feeling the new games much. D/P I thought had the worst region, music and some of the pokemon like kricketune were awful. B/W was pretty fun but I was not a fan of shoving the new pokemon down our throats and not letting us use old pokemon. It was too linear as well. R/S/E is perfect IMO except for the water routes and the way too easy elite 4

So much hate for sinnoh makes me sad:(
Well, I am a relatively new fan, and I started with Sinnoh. Out of the games I have played, I would say my favorite is HG, and then PT, Black, and then B2.
Seriously tho Sinnoh is way better than you make it out to be.
The special and physical split increased the viability of most mons aaand Sinnoh introduced two of the best designs in pokemon: Darkrai and Arceus.

I'm a little strange because I like the newer generations better than the older ones, though I have played Pokemon since Red. The reason why the newer generations appeal to me because I think the stories in the newer games are more polished than the older games. For example, I believe an anime on Black and White would probably be more complex than Pokemon Origins. However, that is due to the fact that Red was the beginning of the Pokemon franchise.

In short, I love the older generations for nostalgia, but I like the newer generations for story content.

• :toast:
  • i love gen 3 and 4 , but thats just me.

• i dont like black and white and b/w 2 mostly because i didnt like the unoriginal game designs for the pokemon.

• but strangely enough i jumped right on the X and Y bus because the starters (chespin:)

• gen 1 and 2 were o.k. but after trying the new games you kinda get bored of them

Last edited:
I've enjoyed playing games from all generations. I do feel like the series gets better overall just thanks to minor, but needed changes and new functions that enrich the experience (Wi-Fi, anyone?). But when it comes to the Pokémon and the regions, it can vary. Some Pokémon are great from each gen (Gengar, Scizor, Rayquaza, Infernape, Excadrill, Xerneas, etc). Some aren't so great (Lickitung, Remoraid, Snorunt, Magmortar, Kyurem formes, Barbaracle). Each region has pros and cons.
In the end, I just like Pokémon.

I've only played gen 4-6, but I enjoyed all of them- gen 4 wins out for me since they were the first ones I played, and I think had the best mythology and possibly even evil team, though it's close (although I agree that DP was a little rough around the edges, Platinum is perhaps my favourite of the main series games I've played- HGSS didn't quite have the same appeal for me because I never played the originals). Not to mention my love of PMD2...
BW was great, I loved the storyline so much. Didn't like the BW2 one so much, though, and I don't think the new pokemon quite lived up to the past- and as it turns out, future- generations, although there were some good designs. Reuniclus and Hydreigon, for example. Love 'em. Good music, too!
And XY. Such pretty games, I'm 100% in favour of the transition to 3D. Great new pokemon too, and I mean more in terms of design than stats- I adore Greninja, Trevenant and Dragalge from an aesthetic point of view, among others.

I think that overall the games are getting better as the generations go along, although I have to say that there's one trend I don't want to continue- the maps were way too circular in V and VI! They were just quite boring... Anyway, although I'm an... uhh... Sinnoh baby (well, I was 12 but still) I am very much looking forward to what the future holds! (Sinnoh remakes, hopefully ;P)

I can appreciate each game as a product of its time. For example, as I see it, older gens emphasised exploration while more recently the focus of the games has been player connectivity. That makes sense considering the timescale of the series - trading with other friends was possible for a year or two while Pokemon was unprecedentedly popular but became nigh-impossible by Hoenn as the craze died out and remaining playerbase went underground, so exploration was a better focus. Meanwhile nowadays everyone can look up where everything is anyway, so why bother putting a bunch of puzzles to engage the player when the answer is just a Google away and many players just want to rush through single-player as quickly as they can to unlock multiplayer content?

I think all generations have brought something to the table and contributed to the Pokemon experience.

However, it's almost impossible for me to sit through a gen 1/2 game that isn't Yellow. Gen 3 is the earliest I can go at this point. This doesn't include remakes though, as HGSS are my favorite games in the entire series, even though their core problems weren't addressed.

That being said, right now I mostly play Gen VI and IV. I say the newest generations are a lot more polished so I prefer to play them.

Oldest games are unbearable, and I've started playing Blue yeeeeears ago ! Bad movepool, bad design, no special/physical split, more problems, less interesting.

The newer the better !

Variable.

I speedrun Gen 1 sometimes, so Gen 1 holds something to me, but outside of GOTTA GO FAST it's unbearable.

I always hated Gen 2. The level curve is just absurd and you have a half-baked region that is a joke in Jhoto and a half-baked Kanto too. This carries over into HGSS too. Jhoto is such a backwater they don't even get their own villain team or Pokemon Leauge. The Jhoto region is just BORING. Jhoto is the worst region, and G/S/C are the worst games. At least R/B/Y are good for speedruns.

Gen 3 is basically blown out of the water by ORAS. FR/LG are not great. I loved Ge 3 until ORAS, but playing Hoenn with the Physical/Special split, making a good amount of Hoenn's pokemon actually function? [Eg: Poocheyena, Absol]. Hell yeah. [Also I can just ignore Mega Evolution and don't have to use Lati@s]

Gen 4... D/P are almost unplayable compared to Platinum. Plat is easily the biggest step up of a 3rd installment. D/P were travesties. D/P are just ahead of G/S/C in terms of being good. Platinum is probobly only behind Gen 6.

I mean seriously. I hope Nintendo fired whoever came up with the National Dex of Diamond and Pearl. And whoever thought Flint was a good idea in a region with 2 Fire-types in it's national dex.

I never really liked Gen 5 too much. I'm actually yet to force myself through the midgame of B/W2 because IT'S THE SAME AS B/W. Seriosuly from Burgh to Skyla it's like *I've done this all before *zzzzzzz*

I mostly play Gen 6, ORAS >> X/Y. Kalos is again, a pretty dull region which shoves too much Kanto down your gullet. ORAS just has more. If it had the Battle Frontier it would be perfect [Well; IGN would still say too much water] but honestly with the number of hints and references to it it looks almost certain it will be Pokemon's first DLC.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)