2014/15 Association Football (Soccer) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get why people think de gea to real madrid is anything more than tabloid garbage. They bought navas in the summer and de gea would never want to go to real anyway, his boyhood club is atletico.
Real madrid buying a player in the exact same position within a year has literally never stopped them from buying the next player that happens to interest them lol

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Gotta love when the ref just decides you will lose regardless of what actually happens on the field. Its a penalty to win the ball now, and its legal to step on a keepers head well after he grabs the ball, and to drop a player in the box with an elbow to the head when the ball is 15+ yards away. absurd...

I know the whole thing is a joke every year, but there is no excuse for Silva, Luiz or Iniesta.

Neuer

Lahm - Thiago Silva - Luiz - Ramos

Di Maria - Kroos - Iniesta

Messi - Ronaldo - Robben

Just off the top of my head

Players more deserving then Luiz and Thiago Silva:

Marcelo, Miranda, Godin, Terry, Gary Cahill, Pepe, Boateng, Hummels, Alaba, Mascherano, Ricardo Rodriguez, Juan Fran, Azpilicueta, Luis Filipe, Benatia, Blind, Vlaar, Zabaleta, Kompany, Carvahal.

Players more deserving then Iniesta

Rakitic, Koke, Gabi, Modric, Toure, James Rodriguez, Vidal, Pirlo, Fernandinho, Alonso, Arda Turan, Reus, Schweinsteger, Ramsey, Mascherano, Oscar, Gerrard, Pogba, Cuadrado, David Silva.

Not even including forwards that spent a lot of the year as midfielders.

Muller, Bale, Alexis Sanchez, Hazard,

I'd struggle to make a case for Iniesta being the 5th best Spanish midfielder this year.

Robben is amazing but Suarez should have made team of the year as well, I do not care what he did off the field, Ronaldo is the only player in football who could have done what he did for Liverpool in his last season.

Diego Simeone should have won Coach of the Year by an absolute mile as well. Breaking the one-two of Spain and making the CL Final is harder then winning a world cup with what is basically half of the Bayern Munich team.

Last edited:
lol agreed x1000 with the above. awards like these are often a joke. however big ron winning the golden ball is deserved, he's very good, possibly the GOAT. dunno how the hell simeone didnt win it. dunno how the hell iniesta, silva and luiz were there. dunno how the hell Suarez, who was outrageously good last year, didnt get there (hell he should have been over messsi IMO)

Fifa have ruined this award. It used to be voted by people who watched football. Now it's voting for which pr machine can get their message through in the best way.

Anyways Ronaldo deserves it this time unlike last year. Started off this season in incredible form and along with the madrid pr machine there was no chance he was going to lose.

Team of the year was a joke as well.
This would be my team of the year:
Neuer
Lahm...Ramos...Godin...Luis
Kroos...Modric...Di maria
Messi
Robben...Ronaldo

Robben has been bayern's best player for for the year. Luis suarez for liverpool was great but Robben has been playing at that level and beyond for bayern consistently this year. He also was the 2nd best player st the world cup where suarez went at bite someone and got banned for months.

Pepe is Real Madrid's best defender but has been injured a lot and Ramos has been decisive in the semifinal and final of the cl along with the goal in the final of the cwc.

Back to what matters...Football.

Edit: I'm sorry, Ronaldo isn't even in the argument for best of all time. He is a great striker and his goals speak for themselves. He is a glorified Gerd mueller or mario gomez.
He isn't in the category with the likes of cruyff, maradona, pelle, di stefano, Messi, etc.

Last edited:

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Ronaldo deserved it above everyone else, no doubt about that. I'd have barfed if Neuer won but looking at the general pattern of the ceremony, it probably wasn't that unlikely. And who the hell put Luiz in the TOTY LMAO

Mine would be:

Neuer
Lahm Boateng Ramos Luis
Rodriguez Kroos Modric
Müller Messi Ronaldo

And Simeone deserved to win because it's easier to win the World Cup with a team like Germany especially when the competition was terrible than to do what he did with Atletico. The La Liga isn't a duopoly anymore and that's a huge deal. Besides, Simeone built, nurtured and guided Atletico to their first title in ages while Low just took advantage of Germany's domestic league with it's impressive youth system, he fed off the hard work of other clubs and their managers.

Last edited:
the worst ballon d'or in recent years was the year messi won it over sneijder, where the former won nothing and the latter was the lynchpin of a treble winning side and made it to the wc finals.

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
Tbh it's a joke that there wasn't a single Atletico player on the TOTY, one of Godin, Filipe Luis or Koke deserved it a lot, no questions asked. Simeone should have got the award as well.

Seeing brazilian defenders on world team, I think many TVs (owned by registrated voters) were broken on recent World Cup

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)