Resource ORAS RU Role Compendium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Alrighty, gonna suggest some more things again :].

Houndoom and Durant could probably go into Choice Scarf users pretty safely, they have the power, speed, and movepool to revenge kill a pretty large portion of the tier, and Durant in particular is p. neat in this meta from what i've seen, especially considering that it's so fast that Jolly Choice Scarf can revenge kill *extremely* fast threats such as +2 Slurpuff if you really need it to.

Mega Pidgeon could probably go into the stallbreakers section given its Work Up+Refresh set. If the team you're using relies on passive damage a lot (which quite a few stall teams do), you're gonna have a hard time x.x

I'd remove Bronzong from Psychic-type checks for sure, it's p. shitty at checking any of them to be honest. Calm Mind Reuniclus, SubCM Meloetta, and Cresselia just set up all over it, Delphox and Sigilyph just run through it (+1 Sigilyph easily 2HKOs with Heat Wave, Gyro Ball doesn't do enough to OHKO in return, even unboosted Sigilyph can get past zonger, just as long as it hits it with Heat Wave on the switch), Slowking just wears it down with repeated Scalds/Fire Blasts while all Bronzong can really do is Toxic it in return, and both Choice Meloetta and OTR Reuniclus often run Shadow Ball to nail it. The only semi relevant Psychic-type that Bronzong actually beats is Mesprit...

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Alrighty, gonna suggest some more things again :].

Houndoom and Durant could probably go into Choice Scarf users pretty safely, they have the power, speed, and movepool to revenge kill a pretty large portion of the tier, and Durant in particular is p. neat in this meta from what i've seen, especially considering that it's so fast that Jolly Choice Scarf can revenge kill *extremely* fast threats such as +2 Slurpuff if you really need it to.

Mega Pidgeon could probably go into the stallbreakers section given its Work Up+Refresh set. If the team you're using relies on passive damage a lot (which quite a few stall teams do), you're gonna have a hard time x.x

I'd remove Bronzong from Psychic-type checks for sure, it's p. shitty at checking any of them to be honest. Calm Mind Reuniclus, SubCM Meloetta, and Cresselia just set up all over it, Delphox and Sigilyph just run through it (+1 Sigilyph easily 2HKOs with Heat Wave, Gyro Ball doesn't do enough to OHKO in return, even unboosted Sigilyph can get past zonger, just as long as it hits it with Heat Wave on the switch), Slowking just wears it down with repeated Scalds/Fire Blasts while all Bronzong can really do is Toxic it in return, and both Choice Meloetta and OTR Reuniclus often run Shadow Ball to nail it. The only semi relevant Psychic-type that Bronzong actually beats is Mesprit...
Done! Would also appreciate some thoughts on the cleric section I just added in.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Reuniclus should definitely be added to stallbreakers (honestly, i thought it was there the whole time but it turns out it isn't), CM+Recover Magic Guard Reuniclus is an absolute nightmare for most unprepared defensive teams thanks to its incredible bulk and complete immunity to passive damage, which turns many of RU's passive defensive Pokemon such as Bronzong and Alomomola into complete set up bait. I'm honestly surprised Sigilyph and Cresselia are already mentioned there but Reuniclus isn't o_O.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Reuniclus should definitely be added to stallbreakers (honestly, i thought it was there the whole time but it turns out it isn't), CM+Recover Magic Guard Reuniclus is an absolute nightmare for most unprepared defensive teams thanks to its incredible bulk and complete immunity to passive damage, which turns many of RU's passive defensive Pokemon such as Bronzong and Alomomola into complete set up bait. I'm honestly surprised Sigilyph and Cresselia are already mentioned there but Reuniclus isn't o_O.
Cant believe I missed that, added :o

Raiza

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender
You maybe could add a category of Trick Room Users similiar to the Boosting Sweepers one, so you can maybe create in it subsections with ,for example, actual Trick Room Setters and Trick Room Abusers/Sweepers. I mean Trick Room isn't that common playstyle like Offense, Balanced or Stall but I saw it a bit on the ladder(tried it too) and from what I've experienced I think its definitely viable since it has some really good pokèmons that can setup and abuse it in the tier such as Cresselia, Reuniclus, Dragalge, Pangoro, Mega Abomasnow and really many others.

Last edited:
I noticed Golbat is listed purely under defensive hazard control, and felt that its unique access to infiltrator, passable speed uninvested and poison typing merited it a mention under stallbreaker. Not only does it have access to taunt, reliable recovery, super fang and a toxic immunity (though they're rarely run together on a dedicated stall breaker set) it also possesses infiltrator to toxic substitute reliant sweepers like Braviary even if they sub on the switch (with the exception of almost all the subCM sweepers as they're mostly psychic type.)

Also, you guys are totally forgetting to put Drapion in boosting sweepers under Other! That acupressure though.

Spiritomb and Virizion should be added to the Calm Mind section in Boosting sweepers, as well as Houndoom to Taunt users.

We've gone over this so many times. CM Virizion is bad, and so is Spiritomb - the only set I'd bother using is the trapper set.
I am not going to defend the sets, or say they are viable, but Calm Mind is on both of their analysis, therefore they have some value, and thus should be in the CM section.

lighthouses

Inordinary
is a Tiering Contributor
You have stuff like aurorus as a stealth rocks setter, when i suggested cm virizion i assumed you wanted to display all the options, lol

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
I am not going to defend the sets, or say they are viable, but Calm Mind is on both of their analysis, therefore they have some value, and thus should be in the CM section.
Uh, that isnt a legitimate reason to have it here. Its for what sets are the best to use, as this should be kinda to help newcomers. Sorry, no.
Edit: sr aurorus is better than cm virizion rofl eh, overstatement

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)