Heatran @ Power Herb
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature

- Fire Blast / Magma Storm
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power / Taunt
- Solar Beam

This Heatran lures in stuff such as Rotom-W and CroCune and OHKOes with Solar Beam, while also setting up SR and nuke shit with FB. Or Magma Storm to trap, but I hate 75% acc. Admittedly it has a much harder time checking Clefable, especially CM variants. Taunt can go over EP to fix that.

Last edited:

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Knock Off
- Rock Slide

The common switch ins to Landorus-I tend to be levitate and flying types: spdef talonflame, spdef gyarados, spdef gliscor, AV tornadus-t, lati@s, mandibuzz, cresselia, dragonite, (and of course chansey). The set aims to give some physical punishment to over half of those while still retaining the main points: extremely powerful earth power and extremely powerful fairy killing poison. 101 speed is still a tad too slow to be taking on things like latios directly but being able to pick it off on a switch is a huge advantage.

4 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Rock Slide vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Tornadus-T: 268-317 (74.2 - 87.8%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

4 Atk Life Orb Landorus Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 76 HP / 0 Def Latias: 242-286 (75.6 - 89.3%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

4 Atk Life Orb Landorus Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Latios: 265-315 (87.7 - 104.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

-1 4 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Rock Slide vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Gyarados: 182-216 (46.3 - 54.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

4 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Rock Slide vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Mandibuzz: 156-185 (36.8 - 43.7%) -- 36.7% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

(no eviolite) 4 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Rock Slide vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Chansey: 221-260 (34.4 - 40.4%)

You can't beat gliscor or cresselia directly and chansey will require multiple switch ins. Skarmory also suprisingly walls you without focus blast. It's still a good set because lots of modern stall players pick something like tornadus or gyarados in order to have a bit of offense on their side instead of using something like chansey/sableye/quagsire/amoongus/skarm/clef (which will just get rolled over by hyper offense and voltturning and trapping). Against fast offense teams you need to pick your battles and try to get lando in with voltturn supports and don't forget that ground/fly typing with 89/90/80 bulk is perfectly fine for hard switching in against multiple things.

Salamence @ Life Orb
Trait: Intimidate / Moxie
EVs: 204 Atk / 52 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature

- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast / Earthquake / Iron Tail

Thought I may as well show a lure set for a D Rank mon. With DM, Mence can lure Gliscor, Hippowdon, Mega Sableye and Lando-T and severely damage or possibly OHKO with a bit of prior damage, which is big considering balanced and weakened stall teams are in huge trouble if Mence's at +1.

Salamence @ Life Orb
Naive Nature

- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Draco Meteor

Thought I may as well show a lure set for a D Rank mon. With DM, Mence can lure Gliscor, Hippowdon, Mega Sableye and Lando-T and severely damage or possibly OHKO with a bit of prior damage, which is big considering balanced and weakened stall teams are in huge trouble if Mence's at +1.
What about hydro pump? Lures in Gliscor, Hippodown and Lando-T, but doesn't beat mega sableye, at the cost of not dropping your special attack by 2.
Also, power herb solarbeam heatran is already in the archive, js.

What about hydro pump? Lures in Gliscor, Hippodown and Lando-T, but doesn't beat mega sableye, at the cost of not dropping your special attack by 2.
Also, power herb solarbeam heatran is already in the archive, js.
Yeah, that's the main reason. Mega Sableye. Basically, it bluffs both Mix Mence and DD.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Heatran @ Power Herb
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature

- Fire Blast / Magma Storm
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power / Taunt
- Solar Beam

This Heatran lures in stuff such as Rotom-W and CroCune and OHKOes with Solar Beam, while also setting up SR and nuke shit with FB. Or Magma Storm to trap, but I hate 75% acc. Admittedly it has a much harder time checking Clefable, especially CM variants. Taunt can go over EP to fix that.
Sorry, this was already posted.

bogoljubow

formerly Betapf

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe | 80 HP / 252 Atk / 160 Spe
Rash Nature (+SpA, -SpD) | Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SpD)
- Hyper Voice / Return
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Roost

Physical Mega-Altaria gets hard-walled by Skarmory, most examples of Ferrothorn and other steel-types, while the special variant cannot get past Heatran and some others. You can solve both problems by running a double-lure, either pretending to be a physical or a special attacker. The STAB and therefore the spread is up to preference, but Return usually hits a bit harder than Hyper Voice. 160 Spe EVs are enough to outspeed adamant Bisharp.

Last edited:
IMO, throw in DD so you have a better chance at the luring. DD/Fire Blast/EQ/Return. You need to be a lot lot more careful though, because you no longer have recovery or the ability to be a cleric.

bogoljubow

formerly Betapf
I guess you can run DD+Fire Blast, but there's no need to give up Recovery for DD in my opinion. This is not supposed to be a sweeper, rather a pivot firing off Hyper Voices and Fire Blasts (though 110 Base Special Attack are kind of disappointing).

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Garchomp @ Garchompite
Ability: Rough Skin
Nature: Naughty
-Earthquake
-Draco Meteor
-Fire Blast
-Stone Edge

This set is meant to lure in normal garchomp switchins such as Skarmory and smack them hard on the switch. It's not that common, but it's still effective in luring if you choose the right moment to reveal yourself. With Fire Blast you OHKO Skarmory and Ferrothorn on the switch after rocks. With Draco you deal 62-73% to physically defensive Hippowdon, 61-72% to Slowbro, 58-69% to Mega-Sableye, and 52-62% to SpDef Gliscor.
Sorry, this isnt really a lure as mega garchomp is almost always going to be mixed and a draco or fire blast is kinda obvious.

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 176 HP / 76 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Claw
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp
Honestly it isnt viable but its something fun and interesting just wanted to put it out their :]
Zard is a 50/50 pokemon you play one way against y I made a set so that I lure my 3 counters 1. Lati twins after seeing fire blast on a normal zard they switch into lati expecting that I am y that way i catch latis and kill it. 2. Ttar and Lando - tar gets will-Oed and lando gets 3hkod being defensive and 2hkod being offensive I still get my catch and zard comes out happily.

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 192 HP / 48 SpA / 252 SpD / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Knock Off
Everyone should expect mew to be a stallbreaker set at this point mainly heatran would be switched in this set lets me 2hko and still do what it does roost will-0 stall without taunt lets me get toxiced and spored but I still wanted to showoff this set and has provined to be one of the best lures i had seen so far. Mons like lum sharp and zard x still get 2hkod.
Ok, I actually have no idea what you were thinking with these. If you want to use mixed charizard, just go with eq char y, that cool. And if you want your mew to deal with heatran, just taunt it.

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
Naive Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Rush

I think Zard-Y is likely to be better at going mixed than Zard-X, as thanks to Drought, Zard-Y has a lot more initial power than Zard-X, and with the standard moveset of fire move/Solar Beam/Focus Blast/Roost, has a limited number of safe switchins, and is a monstrous wallbreaker. Dragon Dance suddenly allows Zard-Y to outspeed the whole unboosted metagame, making it very difficult to revenge kill without one or more priority users. A +1 Dragon Rush hits the Lati twins harder than Dragon Pulse, and OHKOes them with a little prior damage. Common checks to Zard-Y on offensive and balanced teams, such as Scarfed Landorus-T are easily OHKOed by Fire Blast, as are most of the new Mega Pokemon (Gallade, Metagross, Lopunny etc.). While this set is now walled by the usual targets of Focus Blast, mainly Heatran and Tyranitar, and needs more team support than the common Mega Charizard-Y set, the surprise value and ability to switch around the set's usual checks and counters gives DD Mega Charizard-Y value as a lure.

+1 4 Atk Mega Charizard Y Dragon Rush vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latios: 270-318 (90.3 - 106.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Dragon Pulse vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Latios: 198-234 (66.2 - 78.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+1 4 Atk Mega Charizard Y Dragon Rush vs. 72 HP / 0 Def Latias: 244-288 (76.4 - 90.2%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T in Sun: 378-445 (118.4 - 139.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO (at +1, outspeeds Scarfed Landorus-T)
Same as above, if you want to go mixed just use EQ

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe | 80 HP / 252 Atk / 160 Spe
Rash Nature (+SpA, -SpD) | Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SpD)
- Hyper Voice / Return
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Roost

Physical Mega-Altaria gets hard-walled by Skarmory, most examples of Ferrothorn and other steel-types, while the special variant cannot get past Heatran and some others. You can solve both problems by running a double-lure, either pretending to be a physical or a special attacker. The STAB and therefore the spread is up to preference, but Return usually hits a bit harder than Hyper Voice. 160 Spe EVs are enough to outspeed adamant Bisharp.
Sorry, thats not a lure - mixed mega altaria with fire blast and eq is pretty standard.

Salamence @ Life Orb
Naive Nature

- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Draco Meteor

Iffy on this one, considering how low ranked mence is on the viability rankings as mixed is also relatively standard.
Updated the op with accepted lures.

Naive Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Rush

I think Zard-Y is likely to be better at going mixed than Zard-X, as thanks to Drought, Zard-Y has a lot more initial power than Zard-X, and with the standard moveset of fire move/Solar Beam/Focus Blast/Roost, has a limited number of safe switchins, and is a monstrous wallbreaker. Dragon Dance suddenly allows Zard-Y to outspeed the whole unboosted metagame, making it very difficult to revenge kill without one or more priority users. A +1 Dragon Rush hits the Lati twins harder than Dragon Pulse, and OHKOes them with a little prior damage. Common checks to Zard-Y on offensive and balanced teams, such as Scarfed Landorus-T are easily OHKOed by Fire Blast, as are most of the new Mega Pokemon (Gallade, Metagross, Lopunny etc.). While this set is now walled by the usual targets of Focus Blast, mainly Heatran and Tyranitar, and needs more team support than the common Mega Charizard-Y set, the surprise value and ability to switch around the set's usual checks and counters gives DD Mega Charizard-Y value as a lure.
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Solar Beam
- Earthquake
- Roost

Zard Y sucks at DDing.
But... If you hate Latios so much, use a regular Zard Y set with Dragon Pulse.

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Solar Beam
- Earthquake
- Roost

Zard Y sucks at DDing.
But... If you hate Latios so much, use a regular Zard Y set with Dragon Pulse.
I know DD Dragon Rush Zard-Y isn't a great lure and probably isn't worth including in the OP, especially when more reliable counters like Mega Altaria exist, but I explained why Dragon Rush is a better Latios lure than Dragon Pulse with the calculations; a +1 Dragon Rush KOs Latios after Stealth Rocks, while Dragon Pulse doesn't, and then something will have to switch in to a LO Draco Meteor.

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Latios is only switching into you as you DD if you've already revealed you're Zard Y. The issue is that this really only lures Latis and you have to time it just right for it to work.

It does seem like it could work, but I feel like the ideal DD Char Y lure would do the opposite (i.e. you DD without Mega Evolving while they switch out of Ferrothorn into Slowbro, you Mega Evolve and smack it with a Solar Beam), since bluffing as X causes more things to switch into you that can get blown away by Solar Beam or another special attack

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
As far as the Char-Y set goes just use the speed benchmark that Jolly Char-X uses in regards to Dragon Dance. It's actually a good lure the whole idea is bluff the Dragon Dance and keep them guessing anyways. Even with a Pursuit trapper in the mix if they see this they're gonna have to keep guessing and make shaky switches. And no lol DDance Zard-Y isn't for just Latios. It's called a lure for a reason so use it appropriately.

EVs: 252 Atk / 72 SpA / 184 Spe
Naive Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Solar Beam
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Edit: Might be a better spread honestly but definitely no point running full speed.

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Evs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump

I'm not sure why this isn't on here yet HP electric keldeo can successfully lure in both variants of slowbro 2HKOing both of them but more reliaably the mega version once it loses regenerator, OHKO regular gyara, and 2HKO CB azu although not as notable with scald being an option.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Evs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump

I'm not sure why this isn't on here yet HP electric keldeo can successfully lure in both variants of slowbro 2HKOing both of them but more reliaably the mega version once it loses regenerator, OHKO regular gyara, and 2HKO CB azu although not as notable with scald being an option.
HP Electric is actually a pretty standard option in general. It's not exactly a huge lure and is used for Gyarados as well.

AM

LCPL Champion
Well eq latios isn't in fact all that uncommon right?
Not necessarily because the teams that are weak to Heatran or need a move to get Heatran out of the picture to pull off something like M-Houndoom's sweep is gonna be seen in a similar way that Vertex pointed out the pursuit support for Charizard-Y. Earthquake isn't exactly as standard on the level of HP Electric Keldeo as such it's more of a lure than HP Electric Keldeo would be.

Not necessarily because the teams that are weak to Heatran or need a move to get Heatran out of the picture to pull off something like M-Houndoom's sweep is gonna be seen in a similar way that Vertex pointed out the pursuit support for Charizard-Y. Earthquake isn't exactly as standard on the level of HP Electric Keldeo as such it's more of a lure than HP Electric Keldeo would be.
Well yeah that's true I just find EQ latios to be pretty standard as well, its notable on teams that struggle against tran or a sweeper that struggles against tran

Reactions: AM

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Knock Off
- Quick Attack / Close Combat

One of the more infamous lures in the late XY meta, some Mega Pinsir use Knock Off over better options. This has but one purpose: to get that dang Shed Shell off of Skarm so it could be trapped and taken out by Magnezone. Skarm is one of Pinsir's few solid answers on defensive teams. With it removed, Mega Pinsir can wreak havoc on slower, defensive teams with it's Flying STAB. This lure really shines when paired with teammates who appreciates Skarm disabled, such as Garchomp and Scizor. I'm not entirely sure what the latest trend is with the last moveslot, so I put CC for full on stall demolishing power and Quick Attack to retain STAB priority.

Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- Aerial Ace

Here is a set that I have been experimenting with on the ladder. Aerial ace for coverage on sd scizor definitely had its perks, since it hits phys def amoonguss, hp fire defensive venu, and keldeo on the switch. Although superpower is more common and arguably better, aerial ace is a good option if your team struggles with one of the mons listed above.

Reactions: AM

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus

Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- Aerial Ace

Here is a set that I have been experimenting with on the ladder. Aerial ace for coverage on sd scizor definitely had its perks, since it hits phys def amoonguss, hp fire defensive venu, and keldeo on the switch. Although superpower is more common and arguably better, aerial ace is a good option if your team struggles with one of the mons listed above.
I was going to retort with a wall of calcs, then I noticed that Technician wasn't applied for some reason.

252+ Atk Life Orb Technician Scizor Aerial Ace vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Amoonguss: 252-299 (58.3 - 69.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Technician Scizor Aerial Ace vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Amoonguss: 504-595 (116.6 - 137.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Technician Scizor Bug Bite vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Amoonguss: 188-224 (43.5 - 51.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Technician Scizor Bug Bite vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Amoonguss: 378-446 (87.5 - 103.2%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Technician Scizor Aerial Ace vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Mega Venusaur: 177-211 (48.6 - 57.9%) -- 96.1% chance to 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Technician Scizor Aerial Ace vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Mega Venusaur: 354-416 (97.2 - 114.2%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Technician Scizor Bug Bite vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Mega Venusaur: 133-157 (36.5 - 43.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Technician Scizor Bug Bite vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Mega Venusaur: 265-312 (72.8 - 85.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Technician Scizor Aerial Ace vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Keldeo: 307-361 (95 - 111.7%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO (guaranteed after Stealth Rock)

It also REALLY helps with Chesnaught. You can KO even if Jolly, but it's a stupidly small chance.

252 Atk Life Orb Technician Scizor Aerial Ace vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chesnaught: 322-380 (84.7 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO (37.5% after Stealth Rock)

Watch out for Offensive Mega Venu, since it might have HP Fire and will outspeed if you don't have Jolly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)