Ladder Balanced Hackmons

Interesting. I do still want to wait to hear from TheTraininator though, in case he used a different method than pokegen that handled the hacked in pokemon's species differently.

Tagging V4 and marty since they are the competitive community's foremost technical experts and might be interested in this conversation.
Hey, it's me. I apologize, I didn't actually create the video, I just discovered it and linked it. If you want though, I can try to contact SciresM to see if he could do some testing for us.

Hey, it's me. I apologize, I didn't actually create the video, I just discovered it and linked it. If you want though, I can try to contact SciresM to see if he could do some testing for us.
He and KazoWAR released ways to Gen pokemon. Anyone can test what I've been saying as long as you have wifi you can connect your 3ds to and a computor you can download files to with an SD card reader.

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/sh...t-Full-PC-Dumping-and-Injection-for-X-Y-OR-AS

Using a deoxys-a with protean is actually pretty good. The set is as follows:

Deoxys-Attack @ Focus Sash
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Spiky Shield
- Earth Power
- Moonblast
- Thunderbolt

This is a nice offensive set.Its Good as a starter. Spiky shield prevents the fake out from -ates and people not expecting the sash go for the extremespeed. Earth Power/Moon blast/Thunderbolt coverage works pretty well. The nature is mild cause it hits imposter chansey hard. And can OHko if u get a crit and can do 70%+ damage normally. Thunderbolt can OHKO Slowbro-Mega and Can Ohko a Kyogre-Primal with not max spd. A shedinja should be used in my opinion just to prevent revenge kill.

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
Using a deoxys-a with protean is actually pretty good. The set is as follows:

EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Spiky Shield
- Earth Power
- Moonblast
- Thunderbolt

This is a nice offensive set.Its Good as a starter. Spiky shield prevents the fake out from -ates and people not expecting the sash go for the extremespeed. Earth Power/Moon blast/Thunderbolt coverage works pretty well. The nature is mild cause it hits imposter chansey hard. And can OHko if u get a crit and can do 70%+ damage normally. Thunderbolt can OHKO Slowbro-Mega and Can Ohko a Kyogre-Primal with not max spd. A shedinja should be used in my opinion just to prevent revenge kill.
ive allready mentioned the complete badassery of deoxys A personally, if you are running your set, just run imposter chansey since it hardwalls it, or as ive mentioned in both this thread, and the "underrated sets" thread. if you choose to run the (much better imo and less "outclassed") physical set, mega ray can easily revenge kill any chansey if you run min defense deoxys. saves you from having to counter with shedinja.

ive allready mentioned the complete badassery of deoxys A personally, if you are running your set, just run imposter chansey since it hardwalls it, or as ive mentioned in both this thread, and the "underrated sets" thread. if you choose to run the (much better imo and less "outclassed") physical set, mega ray can easily revenge kill any chansey if you run min defense deoxys. saves you from having to counter with shedinja.
Can you plz show me your deoxys-a set? Ive seen you mention it on multiple threads and it sounds fun to use, but ive never actually SEEN your set before :(

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
Can you plz show me your deoxys-a set? Ive seen you mention it on multiple threads and it sounds fun to use, but ive never actually SEEN your set before :(
i wont call it my "set" moreso as i call it my "Variation" basically if you have sash on, and your opponent sends in imposter, just protect if its psychic type still, then spam CC since one shots it regardless on its type. and yes. run protect. not KS, not Spiky shied, protect, so you have the guarenteed KO on imposter with your sash otherwise imposter can take advantage of it and proceed to win vs you. it turns a 1v1 situation into a guarenteed payoff for you in the end(if your sash is in tact) ks lowers your offense, and Spiky sheild destroys the purpose of sash.

and on top of that run max attack rayquaza, and spam espeed, dont fake out, or anything, just espeed on the off chance that the chans doesnt want to switch out expecting to live (it also gets ohkoed)

crabhammer also lets it take on groudon primal(ive actually beaten a assist spam team with this guy being the mvp tho i dont recommend it)

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 0 Def
- Protect
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Crabhammer

i wont call it my "set" moreso as i call it my "Variation" basically if you have sash on, and your opponent sends in imposter, just protect if its psychic type still, then spam CC since one shots it regardless on its type. and yes. run protect. not KS, not Spiky shied, protect, so you have the guarenteed KO on imposter with your sash otherwise imposter can take advantage of it and proceed to win vs you. it turns a 1v1 situation into a guarenteed payoff for you in the end(if your sash is in tact) ks lowers your offense, and Spiky sheild destroys the purpose of sash.

and on top of that run max attack rayquaza, and spam espeed, dont fake out, or anything, just espeed on the off chance that the chans doesnt want to switch out expecting to live (it also gets ohkoed)

crabhammer also lets it take on groudon primal(ive actually beaten a assist spam team with this guy being the mvp tho i dont recommend it)

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 0 Def
- Protect
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Crabhammer
thanks lcass

Oh now that im here, how exactly does imposter stats work? I know imposter copies all stats except HP, so naturally people invest in max HP on their imposters. So like, does that mean the pokemon they transform into has a 760 ev limit instead of the typical 510?

MAMP

MAMP!
thanks lcass

Oh now that im here, how exactly does imposter stats work? I know imposter copies all stats except HP, so naturally people invest in max HP on their imposters. So like, does that mean the pokemon they transform into has a 760 ev limit instead of the typical 510?
That's pretty much spot on

I've actually been curious about that for a long time. Obviously Imposter copies your HP stat + EVs, but how do the other EVs interact with Imposter? In other words, if I'm running a Chansey with 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe and copy something, do MY EVs translate over to the copied pokemon's base stats, or do I inherit their EV spread as well (excluding HP, of course)? I assume the latter.

MAMP

MAMP!
I've actually been curious about that for a long time. Obviously Imposter copies your HP stat + EVs, but how do the other EVs interact with Imposter? In other words, if I'm running a Chansey with 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe and copy something, do MY EVs translate over to the copied pokemon's base stats, or do I inherit their EV spread as well (excluding HP, of course)? I assume the latter.
Imposter copies the other Pokemons stats completely, including their IVs and EVs, with the exception of HP, which keeps the imposters IVs and EVs.

Reason why I am using the Spiky Shield Lcass4919 is because it helps me to prevent prankster Spore.Its pretty common there. Though I am not getting an OHKO on imposter chansey, yet I can safely get the sleep out of question. Also going out for all out SPA so that OHKO's on Groudon-P works.

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
Reason why I am using the Spiky Shield Lcass4919 is because it helps me to prevent prankster Spore.Its pretty common there. Though I am not getting an OHKO on imposter chansey, yet I can safely get the sleep out of question. Also going out for all out SPA so that OHKO's on Groudon-P works.
yeah, i know, i was just saying the merits of using the physical version i posted, obviously spiky shield>every other protect in your deoxys' instance, and for my physical set, groudon p is a huge problem without crabhammer(which is again what i was referring too).

also its not like i was suggesting running kings sheild on your deoxys...i mean...i was one of the people who was saying "Spiky sheild on deoxys is the way to go for all sash sets" lol i was just saying for my set, spiky sheild/KS is a terrible option. also when i mentioned imposter for your set, i was referring to it as your "go to" switchin for vsing imposters as both flint and i(along with plenty others) use it as the "Go to" for opposing imposter switchins, as since your chansey wont transform upon switchin, keeping its immense bulk to combat the imposters power. And the main issue i have for special deoxys A-as i've said to flint about his set too-is "lack of niche" since unlike mm2x, mm2y sits at a perfect benchmark where not many common pokemon outspeed/speed tie with it, plus its stronger, and has a very common imposter counter that any team can reliably run, all you do is slap specially defensive max hp imposter chansey with metal burst, and you have a viable pokemon for your team, that also 100% hardcounters your impostered deoxys/mm2y. preventing you from using the terrible "counter" sturdinja(sturdinja is amazing, but a terrible counter).

but hey, to each their own. if it works, it works.

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
not going to lie, i dislike "top 10" players who only made it so far due to this assist team. its not really an accomplishment. lol. its just cockblocking actual people trying to get decent on the ladder meanwhile they want to get to the top with no effort to have "bragging rights". it just makes me sad at this point.

I have seen recently that there is a lot of abuse of chatter. Reason why I thought of using the following set:

Rayquaza-Mega @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Chatter
- Boomburst
- Tail Glow
- Spiky Shield

The advantage is that u can actually safely Tail Glow on imposter Chansey and Stall it out.When it switches out whatever pokemon comes in gets OHKO'ed with the chatter or boomburst. In addition to it, PARTING SHOT fails.The Spiky shield is sort of a check to prevent -ates from messing around. Also just in case u are out of all its moves , run A faster prankster with D-Bond. I prefer Arceus.Some people may think of it as a Gale Wings set when u first use chatter and thus may not move into MMX. Works pretty well imo. Even players in the top 10 can be outwitted . On the downside it can get totally blocked by double imposter.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-207115733

not going to lie, i dislike "top 10" players who only made it so far due to this assist team. its not really an accomplishment. lol. its just cockblocking actual people trying to get decent on the ladder meanwhile they want to get to the top with no effort to have "bragging rights". it just makes me sad at this point.
I totally agree, in one sense its basically cheating the ladder. Can we ban thousand arrows already? Or apply the proper changes to thousand arrows? (I heard thousand arrows works differently than how it's currently working in BH)

MAMP

MAMP!
I have seen recently that there is a lot of abuse of chatter. Reason why I thought of using the following set:

Rayquaza-Mega @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Chatter
- Boomburst
- Tail Glow
- Spiky Shield

The advantage is that u can actually safely Tail Glow on imposter Chansey and Stall it out.When it switches out whatever pokemon comes in gets OHKO'ed with the chatter or boomburst. In addition to it, PARTING SHOT fails.The Spiky shield is sort of a check to prevent -ates from messing around. Also just in case u are out of all its moves , run A faster prankster with D-Bond. I prefer Arceus.Some people may think of it as a Gale Wings set when u first use chatter and thus may not move into MMX. Works pretty well imo. Even players in the top 10 can be outwitted . On the downside it can get totally blocked by double imposter.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-207115733
This set seems pretty cool, but personally I would run Shell Smash over Tail Glow, the extra speed lets you beat a lot of things you wouldnt be able to otherwise. This set is completely destroyed by steel and rock types, it might be worth running earth power instead of spiky shield, ray is immune to it so you're still imposter proof.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)