Ask simple questions here! [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

What battle music is played (don't want downloads or anything, just names, i.e. Sinnoh Rival theme), and is it possible to customize it?
There appears to be a random choice of 11 different music tracks assuming that the list I found in this source is accurate but note that this includes a special theme that is not normally used.

Obviously you will not get any virus due to install Pokemon Showdown app. You can also play Pokemon Showdown in your web browser. If your browser is incompatible, you can try others like Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
Thanks a lot dude/dudette! I'll see ya' on Showdown!

no, ps will not give your computer viruses (installing antivirus software like avast would let you sleep in peace, too)
Thanks man/woman! I'll see ya' on Showdown!

Last edited by a moderator:

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
How exactly do the ladder-stats work? There are three different stats (Elo, GXE, Glicko-1). I know that Elo is basically the important one which just gets higher if you win a battle or lower if you lose one. But what about the other two (and what do the names stand for)?
Your question requires a lot to answer. Luckily, Antar put together a very thorough explanation of this stuff here:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/everything-you-ever-wanted-to-know-about-ratings.3487422/

question: whenever i try to log in to pokemon showdown using my account, it will decline it. i know that i am using my correct password, so what is wrong?

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
All my teams got deleted. I didn't delete cookies or do anything at all. What happened? I know this is hppening to other players too

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
All my teams got deleted. I didn't delete cookies or do anything at all. What happened? I know this is hppening to other players too
There's unfortunately no way to get them back, but for now thoroughly check your internet settings to make sure nothing is cleared automatically (history, cookies, cache, etc.); this will minimize the chances of it happening again.

I'll wait for a dev to respond with something better. This has honestly never happened to me but it's happened to people I know before, I don't get it either.

There's unfortunately no way to get them back, but for now thoroughly check your internet settings to make sure nothing is cleared automatically (history, cookies, cache, etc.); this will minimize the chances of it happening again.

I'll wait for a dev to respond with something better. This has honestly never happened to me but it's happened to people I know before, I don't get it either.
It's happened to me a couple of times and for some reason overnight. All teams were there and next morning all gone. Something else I noticed is that my virus checker (Avast) keeps highlighting a viral issue with the file Win32:Evo-gen which my virus checker picks up as suspicious but only seems to show during the running and installation of Showdown. I will log the details in the correct section of the bug reporting forum.

I got the following message when i went to go onto PS from my phone

Your IP (172.56.35.111) is not allowed to connect to PS, because it has been used to spam, hack, or otherwise attack our server.
Make sure you are not using any proxies to connect to PS.

Im on my cell phones network so im not sure what to do. Any help, please?

I got the following message when i went to go onto PS from my phone

Your IP (172.56.35.111) is not allowed to connect to PS, because it has been used to spam, hack, or otherwise attack our server.
Make sure you are not using any proxies to connect to PS.

Im on my cell phones network so im not sure what to do. Any help, please?
That IP range is temporarily banned because it's been repeatedly used by an evading troll/spammer. You won't be banned as long as you use a different network (probably non mobile one) to connect to PS, although the rangeban will wear off at the next server restart in a few days anyway. That being said, this may end up happening again because the troll comes back quite often.

So I saw in a video CanadianWifier made that smogon apparently has a "nickname clause" on PS! If that's true, why? Seems like a kinda arbitrary thing to restrict.

So I saw in a video CanadianWifier made that smogon apparently has a "nickname clause" on PS! If that's true, why? Seems like a kinda arbitrary thing to restrict.
PS! Does indeed have nickname restriction. I actually believe it was when AG became a thing. Because 6 of the same Pokemon was legal, it was impossible to scout for let's say: which klefki is running flash cannon for diancia.

What are all the commands that can be used in PS?
And how do I use the Ignore command?
Also, what programming language does the team builder use? Because I tried doing the // trick to comment out lines (but it pretty much just got rid of half the team LoL)

I've been playing around with modding Showdown, but I can't figure out how to get my mod to appear on my server so that I can test it. What do I need to do?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)