Feraligatr @ Choice Specs
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA/ 252 Spe/ 6 HP
Timid/Modest

-Scald
-Ice Beam
-Focus Blast
-Ancient Power

Enjoy while it's not banned to Ubers... yet.

I don't think Feraligatr will be Uber because of Sheer Force, it is obviously an upgrade, but not enough to join Ubers.
Plus, you should always run Life Orb on a Sheer Force user, especially Gator.
252 SpA Choice Specs Sheer Force Feraligatr Scald vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 183-216 (53.6 - 63.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Feraligatr Scald vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 160-188 (46.9 - 55.1%) -- 72.7% chance to 2HKO
The damage difference isn't that big, plus you can freely switch up moves which is a bonus.

I don't think Feraligatr will be Uber because of Sheer Force, it is obviously an upgrade, but not enough to join Ubers.
Plus, you should always run Life Orb on a Sheer Force user, especially Gator.
252 SpA Choice Specs Sheer Force Feraligatr Scald vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 183-216 (53.6 - 63.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Feraligatr Scald vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 160-188 (46.9 - 55.1%) -- 72.7% chance to 2HKO
The damage difference isn't that big, plus you can freely switch up moves which is a bonus.
Damn. Just... damn.

Agreed. I like the normal Life Orb set's utility and adaptability to just using a Choice Specs. Then again, I've never liked using choice items in the first place. I always prefer the ability to adapt to a given situation.

252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Feraligatr Scald vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard X: 181-214 (60.9 - 72%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Keldeo Scald vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard X: 195-230 (65.6 - 77.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Keldeo's Scald still hits harder than a special Feraligatr, though Feraligatr's Ice Beam and Focus Blast hit harder than Keldeo's ice coverage and Secret Sword.

What do you guys think of Low Kick? I don't like the stats drop of Superpower since it's counter productive to using dragon dance. But low kick is hitting ferrothorn for only 100 BP. What else is superpower supposed to be hitting?

What do you guys think of Low Kick? I don't like the stats drop of Superpower since it's counter productive to using dragon dance. But low kick is hitting ferrothorn for only 100 BP. What else is superpower supposed to be hitting?
an interesting idea but i think the appeal of superpower is the chance to flat-out ohko ferro and not giving it a chance to leech seed/power whip which would prevent a possible sweep.

To be quite honest this is just another case I'd prefer to pack a Mag than have the sweeper try to deal with Ferro itself. Whether you OHKO it or not you're still taking a lot of chip damage; not only from Iron Barbs but also from Life Orb recoil since Superpower and Low Kick aren't affected by Sheer Force. I'd really just pack Magnezone to have it deal with Ferro then worry about sweeping later.

252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Feraligatr Scald vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard X: 181-214 (60.9 - 72%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Keldeo Scald vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard X: 195-230 (65.6 - 77.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Keldeo's Scald still hits harder than a special Feraligatr, though Feraligatr's Ice Beam and Focus Blast hit harder than Keldeo's ice coverage and Secret Sword.
When you think about it, Feraligatr hits pretty fucking hard (almost as hard as Keldeo's Scald) with an 80 base power STAB coming off only a base 79 special attack. To put things into perspective Waterfall is an 80 base power STAB too except it is coming off a base 105 attack which means it hits incredibly hard even unboosted

A double dancing set is completely redundant thanks to DD as by the time you could get both a swords dance and an agility off, you could just as easily use DD twice and get the same benefits with one more slot for a different move

A double dancing set is completely redundant thanks to DD as by the time you could get both a swords dance and an agility off, you could just as easily use DD twice and get the same benefits with one more slot for a different move
I think that the point of the double dance set (someone correct me if I'm wrong) is that it can adapt to the opposition: if the enemy has a faster offensive team, use Agility, and if they have a slow team that needs walls broken use Swords Dance. Heck, it can even set up both at once if you're brave enough.

You don't use both at once though, you only use one depending on what kind of team you are facing- Swords Dance vs. Bulkier teams or Agility vs. Fast frailer teams, not both. Dragon Dance could set up twice for similar results, but where're you going to find an extra turn for that? There's very few opportunities to set up a DD twice, if any at all. Besides, you don't need the extra power against frail teams almost as much as you don't need extra speed against bulkier teams.

Not saying Double Dance is anywhere near better than DD, but it has its perks.

Has anyone thought of any good teammates for Feraligatr? I think someone brought up Magnezone for Ferrothorn but anything else?

Has anyone thought of any good teammates for Feraligatr? I think someone brought up Magnezone for Ferrothorn but anything else?
That was me, Dio!.
I would go out on a limb and say good partners for Feraligatr would be on the same lines as good partners for Gyarados. Talking of which, as I've said I think Gyarados will pair with it to make a Dual Water Dance (copywriting that .^.) core.

I can't see this thing being very effective. just sticking pokemon like keldeo or azumarill in front of it deadwall it, not to mention the bulky waters that inhabit OU wall it with ease. The only use i see for it in OU is SD to wear down walls for other sweepers. Please stop trying to make special feraligatr a thing, thats terrible. Everyteam will carry a stop to this, offense, balance, stall, they all have common pokemon, and probably more than one of them on teams that just deadwall it.

I can't see this thing being very effective. just sticking pokemon like keldeo or azumarill in front of it deadwall it, not to mention the bulky waters that inhabit OU wall it with ease. The only use i see for it in OU is SD to wear down walls for other sweepers. Please stop trying to make special feraligatr a thing, thats terrible. Everyteam will carry a stop to this, offense, balance, stall, they all have common pokemon, and probably more than one of them on teams that just deadwall it.
+1 252 Atk Life Orb Feraligatr Superpower vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Keldeo: 240-283 (74.3 - 87.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Feraligatr does have problems, but it's far from bad, it hits really hard with its waterfall and it can work as a late game sweeper/cleaner once things that can wall it are weakened or dead. It needs team support sure, but it's viable.

Your first sentence makes no sense because I could say the exact same for Mega Gyarados lol. Hell it applies more to Megados considering it's weak to their non-water STAB.
I'm 99% sure special gator was a joke. If it wasn't... well, suppose I'll be crying myself to sleep tonight.
Anyway I really think you're underestimating this thing. It has comparable bulk, almost the same speed and much more power than Gyarados with a much different pool of coverage that makes it viable. No A-ranked threat but honestly, the arguments you're pulling up literally all apply to Gyarados, and arguably moreso than Gator.

I do want to point out that even though Gatr is almost as fast as Gyara, he does miss out on a good DDance speed tier that Gyara has, as Gyara outspeeds base 145 megas while Gatr can't.
Also, that Dual Water Dance (copyrighted all rights reserved) core should be called GyaraGatr
just listen to catchiness of that

I do want to point out that even though Gatr is almost as fast as Gyara, he does miss out on a good DDance speed tier that Gyara has, as Gyara outspeeds base 145 megas while Gatr can't.
Also, that Dual Water Dance (copyrighted all rights reserved) core should be called GyaraGatr
just listen to catchiness of that
Also the fact that it can't outspeed +1 base 80s like Altaria. This is an advantage Gyara does have.
Gatordos tho

Yeah, but pairing Gator and Gyara together is like asking for a Discharge to happen. Fortunately, most people seem to run T-Bolt or Thunder, but still, I wouldn't do it myself.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, but pairing Gator and Gyara together is like asking for a Discharge to happen. Fortunately, most people seem to run T-Bolt or Thunder, but still, I wouldn't do it myself.
Asking for a discharge from what? rofl
Yes, the two compound a grass and electric-type weakness, but thats what teammates are for.

It is a little dangerous but Electric is literally the only weakness you stack; so pair it with something like Hippowdon - sand force because gatordos hates that - or maybe Gliscor and you're good.
Well, you also stack Grass if you go Megados but I think either Dos is viable with it tbh. Could be really fun switching around your mega.

Asking for a discharge from what? rofl
Yes, the two compound a grass and electric-type weakness, but thats what teammates are for.
I don't know. For some reason, I was assuming that someone would be crazy enough to use them in a Double or Triple Battle. But that'd be like suicide, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)