Pokémon Feraligatr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Earthquake should be a slash on the Dragon Dance set. After one DD, it outspeeds Raikou and Megaman, and OHKOs with Earthquake.

+1 252 Atk Life Orb Feraligatr Earthquake vs. 32 HP / 0 Def Raikou: 465-549 (141.3 - 166.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Feraligatr Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Manectric: 294-346 (104.6 - 123.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
yeah thing is waterfall pretty much does that much damage without having to take up an entire moveslot :/

252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Feraligatr Waterfall vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Manectric: 230-270 (81.8 - 96%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

+1 252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Feraligatr Waterfall vs. 32 HP / 0 Def Raikou: 363-426 (110.3 - 129.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

hmm had an idea for a team, anythoughts on a 6th member?

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Serious Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet

Politoed @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 164 SpD / 96 Spe
Serious Nature
- Scald
- Hypnosis
- Rest
- Encore

Raikou @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 20 SpD / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power
- Thunder
- Extrasensory

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Superpower
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Pursuit

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Rain Dance

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Serious Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet

Politoed @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 164 SpD / 96 Spe
Serious Nature
- Scald
- Hypnosis
- Rest
- Encore

Raikou @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 20 SpD / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power
- Thunder
- Extrasensory

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Superpower
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Pursuit

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Rain Dance
I assume the bolded natures will be Jolly and Calm respectively.

Seems usable looking at it, though I have a few suggestions
- Drop Rain Dance on Kingdra. Anything you're going to have set Rain should be holding a Damp Rock since we have no limitless weather.
- If your last member doesn't use the Mega Slot, I'd suggest either giving it to Scizor, or fitting Mega Swampert into the Team, who's probably the best Swift Swimmer besides arguably Kingdra right now.

The one big problem I'd notice is that outside of Scizor, your team doesn't have much to break Ferrothorn, barring simply wailing on it for a while with rain boosted attacks, which can be a problem if it carries Thunder Wave. They also aren't going to enjoy switching into Power Whip variants, and can't immediately threaten Ferrothorn out if he's using something like Leech Seed or Stealth Rock.

I assume the bolded natures will be Jolly and Calm respectively.

Seems usable looking at it, though I have a few suggestions
- Drop Rain Dance on Kingdra. Anything you're going to have set Rain should be holding a Damp Rock since we have no limitless weather.
- If your last member doesn't use the Mega Slot, I'd suggest either giving it to Scizor, or fitting Mega Swampert into the Team, who's probably the best Swift Swimmer besides arguably Kingdra right now.

The one big problem I'd notice is that outside of Scizor, your team doesn't have much to break Ferrothorn, barring simply wailing on it for a while with rain boosted attacks, which can be a problem if it carries Thunder Wave. They also aren't going to enjoy switching into Power Whip variants, and can't immediately threaten Ferrothorn out if he's using something like Leech Seed or Stealth Rock.
I was originally using specdeo over kingdra, only issue is the massive shared weaknesses. Ferrothorn is living up to his name as a frrothorn int eh side for building a rain team around gatr. Ther is also kabutops as a swift swimmer to break ferrothorn more easily and last slot will have to carry stealth rock

I was originally using specdeo over kingdra, only issue is the massive shared weaknesses. Ferrothorn is living up to his name as a frrothorn int eh side for building a rain team around gatr. Ther is also kabutops as a swift swimmer to break ferrothorn more easily and last slot will have to carry stealth rock
Why not run Mega Heracross for breaking down Ferro and other annoying 'mon?

Standard rain team. jpg
Ditch serious gatr for jolly or adamant. As far as the 6th team member, mega sceptile is probably the second best mega for rain (after lord swampert, of course); patches up that nasty electric weakness and adds some serious offensive grass type powah.

EDIT: Kurona is right; put superpower on gatr for ferrothorn.

malomyotismon I've been using Rain Dance Klefki as a secondary rain setter and it works really well. Tornadus-I also works relatively well. They both take pressure off Politoed and allow you to save auto-rain for a late game sweep. Definately an option for your team.

True, i apologies. One thing to mention is another set, double dance. Gatr can act as wall break against stall or some more balance teams, or more offensive teams use agility to pick off frail offensive threats, to which gatr has the advantage of being powerful straight off the bat thanks to Sheer force life orb.

I'm feeling like Latias is a good partner to Gatr. It's got the electric and grass resists, hits Wash hard with Draco, can carry T-bolt for bulky waters and Psyshock for Mega Venusaur, and lastly Healing Wish.

I also believe that Talonflame is another good partner to deal with grass types and set up Tailwind. Gatr already hits fairly hard at neutral so a lategame Tailwind could benefit Gatr to clean up.

0 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Feraligatr Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 185-218 (52.5 - 61.9%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Focus Blast seems like pretty good coverage, even with 70% accuracy. Probably something like boosting move / Waterfall / Crunch / Focus Blast sounds slick.

inb4focusblast/blizzard/honeclaws/waterfallspeciallybasedmixedattacker

Been looking forward to this for ages. Just a question, would it be plausible to run Adamant rather than Jolly on the DD set?
In other words, you could. Just keep in mind that having that extra power is going to make you liable to getting out-sped by certain Pokemon. Namely Mega-Manetric and Mega Lopunny, as Fortune pointed out.
So you have to ask yourself: is the extra Attack worth getting out-sped?

I think I bulky DDance set might work...

Feraligatr @ Leftovers/Life Orb
EVs: 136 HP / 252 Atk / 120 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake/Crunch
- Dragon Dance

Not sure about where to put the stuff I've put in Attack, but 120+ outspeeds Tyranitar and, therefore, ScarfTar after a boost.
The coolest thing about Gatr imo is that you can do a bulky DDance like this and run Life Orb. Of course, if you run EQ, go for Lefties.

Feraligatr @ Leftovers/Life Orb
EVs: 136 HP / 252 Atk / 120 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake/Crunch
- Dragon Dance
With 36 HP / 252 Atk / 220 Spe, you can outspeed base 135s such as MLop and MegaMan after one DD

I think that good partners for Gatr would be M-Sceptile, as it can destroy water types and stops Rotom-W cold. Usually Rotom-W doesn't go for volt switch when you Mega evolve so you can take advantage of that. Serperior works really well to, it isn't as good as a Rotom counter but it doesn't die after one ice beam and is better against stall with contrary Leaf Storm. It also doesn't take a mega slot. Add Talonflame or Heatran and you have a nice FWG core.
Another good partner could be Energy ball Gothitelle: 252+ SpA Choice Specs Gothitelle Energy Ball vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-W: 246-290 (81.1 - 95.7%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
It obiviously KO's Quagsire, and it can trap and kill any water type for Gatr. Energy Ball is chosen to OHKO Quagsire and to have a chance to OHKO rotom after rocks, also a good choice if you have no grass 'mon on your team. It can also take care of Ferro with HP Fire.

I'm not seeing much benefit to Feraligatr running bulk, it really seems better off just out speeding stuff and hitting as hard as possible. Again, I personally think there are too many decent bulky threats in the 90-100 speed range that you'd really want the speed for, like hitting Celebi, Mew and Jirachi with Crunch. I think there's little benefit in not running a max/max Jolly spread on the SD set.

Would this be a good set?

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Agility
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Crunch / Superpower

With 88 evs and an Adamant nature, you outspeed everything up to base 145s with a single Agility boost.

I think something like this might be worth a look:

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch / Ice Punch / Superpower / whatever coverage
- Agility
- Swords Dance

Typical Double Dance. Haven't really messed with EVs or anything, just seemed like max attack, max speed Adamant would be a good start. It could probably put some into bulk. Agility hurts faster teams, and Swords Dance gives good wallbreaking ability against slower cores. Water STAB is good enough that one coverage move is sometimes all you need. Overall probably a niche set, but there's some potential here.

I have trouble supporting that idea. I mean, this isn't Double Dance Charizard X who has two 120 BP STAB moves and Tough Claws. Between Aqua Jet and Dragon Dance, I'm not seeing enough benefit to run double dance and sacrifice a coverage move. I mean, the fastest user of priority normally is Talonflame right? And you can out speed it with Dragon Dance as is, I think Agility is overkill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)