Pokemon Shuffle General Discussion

Too much blatant money grabbing going on at this point. As someone that's been able to save in-game money naturally to not have to spend IRL on difficult levels, they couldn't be more obviously screaming at me to cough up cash with Regirock. If there's no realistic possibility of catching it without items then it ruins the fun of the game because it just becomes about spending. Definitely prefer rumble world.

Too much blatant money grabbing going on at this point. As someone that's been able to save in-game money naturally to not have to spend IRL on difficult levels, they couldn't be more obviously screaming at me to cough up cash with Regirock. If there's no realistic possibility of catching it without items then it ruins the fun of the game because it just becomes about spending. Definitely prefer rumble world.
You can farm at least 3K gold each day on regular Meowth (10 hearts * 300 gold) + 500 gold daily (3K5 * 7 days = Around 25K gold) + 2 Special Meowth stage on Saturday/Sunday => That's a lot of money

Edit : the 10 hearts = 5 the morning, 5 in the evening :D

You can farm at least 3K gold each day on regular Meowth (10 hearts * 300 gold) + 500 gold daily (3K5 * 7 days = Around 25K gold) + 2 Special Meowth stage on Saturday/Sunday => That's a lot of money

Edit : the 10 hearts = 5 the morning, 5 in the evening :D
That's true, but what I was enjoying about shuffle is that the levels were challenging yet doable with careful play. You needed coins to S-rank stuff but that to me is reasonable. Needing to stack buffs through grinding coins for days just to have about a 10% chance to catch a limited edition mon is crazy to me. I appreciate your tips and will work on saving the money up but I think Nintendo are pushing their luck now.

Reactions: JES
I did it with +5 moves and Mega Start. Got a C rank. My team was shitty though. I believe it was Mega Mawile, Groudon, Sceptile and Swampert.

Well this is my first time back on Smogona nd I must ask, can you get a Celebu with a Mega, Sableye, Litwick and Purrloin? or do I have to pay for that

(also as id this post, I'm at Stage 26 of the normal stages)

Well this is my first time back on Smogona nd I must ask, can you get a Celebu with a Mega, Sableye, Litwick and Purrloin? or do I have to pay for that

(also as id this post, I'm at Stage 26 of the normal stages)
I wouldn't bother with it...
Celebi has around 15000 hp.
I don't think your Pokemon would be strong enough for it.

Mega Aero might finally be useful now lol

Used all my hearts for now and found a new "grinding" stage with snorlax, however there's so much disruption I doubt it's even worth the trouble and also so much HP >_<
I'm stuck on Mega Aero right now. =/

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
The only "realistic" way I see to beat regirock without items is for the RNG to trigger several Vitality Drains from either Sceptile or Venusaur... yeah not gonna happen.

Edit: Managed to trigger 2 in my last attempt. Those two attacks dealt around 3k-4k damage combined still lost with the regi having 1/3 of it's health >.<

Edit2: Caught the bastard but he took 10k coins from me in the process including the 2 great balls. Also he rewards only 10 coins after you first beat him for the 1k reward, seriously?

Last edited:
I wouldn't bother with it...
Celebi has around 15000 hp.
I don't think your Pokemon would be strong enough for it.
Yeah I managed to clear the stage with a combination of Mega-Sable, Volbeat, Ilumise and Purrloin. I didn;t ctahc it but Now I wonder what tage I have to be at to get a Bug/Dark type strong enough to catch it? (I'm close to Surskit at the moment)

I couldn't disagree more.

I've caught and S-ranked everything new that appeared recently in just a couple days and never have I thought that I need to use actual real money. I didn't even need any serious Meowth farming either (too boring) - daily logins and the weekend Meowths did the job.

On the other hand, my progress has more or less halted completely in Rumble World while I am waiting for too many more diamonds to arrive to have a chance to unlock the next balloon.

The free players in Shuffle are no less successful than those who spent actual real money on it.

Well, I just got my first Coin-less victory over Regirock (with no moves left...).
- Mawile
- Lucario
- Mienshao
- Bronzong

Mainly focus on the Steels to free up the board. Bronzong preferred since his Block bash is guaranteed compared to Stabilize.

At least proved coins aren't explicitly necessary to KO the thing.

^ Congrats!

I caught Yveltal at 1% the other day. That was a laugh. I made the mistake of thinking I could beat mewtwo with just a DD though and got destroyed.

Interesting that our experiences differ so much Lucchini. I can see why rumble world gets difficult towards the end, but I appreciate the fact they have a purchase limit, I think the cost of shuffles items with actual money is extortionate for what you get. As for the Meowth stage it's efficient but incredibly monotonous imo, and shouldn't be required just to have hope of completing a stage.

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
Well, I just got my first Coin-less victory over Regirock (with no moves left...).
- Mawile
- Lucario
- Mienshao
- Bronzong

Mainly focus on the Steels to free up the board. Bronzong preferred since his Block bash is guaranteed compared to Stabilize.

Nicely done. Btw has it been confirmed if pokemon that share the hitting streak or damage streak abilities can stack with each other?

I CAUGHT Regirock ! I used just a complexity -1 and a great ball ! Thanks god :D
What the fuck. That's insane. What team did you use? I want to catch Regirock so badly.. I missed out on Mega Lucario, Kyogre and Mew already and I don't want to miss out on anything else anymore.

- Mawile
- Lucario
- Mienshao
- Bronzong

I recently got the mawhile, but how far do you have to be for Mienshao and Bronzong?

What the fuck. That's insane. What team did you use? I want to catch Regirock so badly.. I missed out on Mega Lucario, Kyogre and Mew already and I don't want to miss out on anything else anymore.
Mega Lucario
Sceptile (didn't gain the Drain effect)
Swampert
And Groudon (removed with Complexity -1)

The first turn are horrible, because of Onix + Blocks. After it's cleared, it's so easy with Mega Lucario + only 2 others Pokemon ...

Mega Lucario
Swampert

The first turn are horrible, because of Onix + Blocks. After it's cleared, it's so easy with Mega Lucario + only 2 others Pokemon ...
What exactly is the Drain effect you're talking about?

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
Mega Lucario
Swampert

Wasn't this for regirock?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)