Tournament LCPL Commencement & Dank Memes Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shrug

is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
LCPL Champion
Like my point is, there are two points to including Tangma in this tour:
1) to have a sort of balanced ubers metagame where most everything is allowed expect the extremely broken shit
Which draws into question how you define "extremely broken" I'd contend Swirlix fits there w/ sneasel and scyther as mons too good for even a supposed "uber" tier... To which there are two counters: a) Swirlix isn't better than yanma or tang bc it was banned later (which is retarded) or b) Swirlix is not to strong for the tier, which is debateable and why I was posing the question.

Arguments like "if swirl go y no tang yanma tite glig lol???" Can just as easily be countered with "y no sneasel scythe for real lc ubers hehehe!!" To which the answer is simple: there is a hewn power level for each meta; Tangma's happens to be higher than ORAS. Either the question falls back in if Swirlix exceeds this level (like scyther and sneasel do) or doesn't (like tangla and yanma do not). The only other argument is tradition - "this is how it was in this meta and thus it will stay this way". This means the selection is v arbitrary if the question is nostalgia: why Tangma over swirlgar / krowtite / missy meta? Unless there's something soecial about the specific Tangma meta and everyone wants to hold each others dicks and reminisce idk

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Tangma is picked for nostalgia value and kept as it is traditionally because it isn't quite as stupidly unbalanced as Sneasel meta is (arguably around as balanced as Swirlgar and slightly less balanced than Murktite), but is still very different from ORAS.
Wanting Swirlix-less tangma games isn't actually that unpopular, but I don't see why, if both players dislike Swirlix enough, they can't just arrange to play without Swirlix in their battles on their own accord, as was attempted last time

Yea lets ban broken Pokemon from the TangMa era........wait a minute..................................

Also Swirlix is not even close to as borked as Tangela or Yanma you just have to prepare for it (which Yanma and Tangela are harder to do that for).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)