Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly have no idea where to post this, so sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Just earlier today, I made a post in the PS! bug reports thread about the display of Worry Seed and Simple Beam. On PS!, it only displays something like this:
Roserade used Worry Seed!
Suicune acquired Insomia!

Basically, I want to see if somebody can test in-game to show how it actually is. I remember in Gen V there was an animation where it shows the ability change thing, which looked like this. I'm not sure if this is the case in Gen VI, so it'd be very helpful is anyone could tell me if it's still this way. Thanks. :]
It's still like that in gen 6, but you've got to remember that PS! is meant to run a lot faster/more efficiently than battling in the actual game even with animations turned off so I don't think this is a bug or error but how it's supposed to run...

It's still like that in gen 6, but you've got to remember that PS! is meant to run a lot faster/more efficiently than battling in the actual game even with animations turned off so I don't think this is a bug or error but how it's supposed to run...
This can be important in deciding matches. If you read my post in the Bug Reports thread, then you would've noticed that it can be pretty important. I don't think that if this is implemented, it would make PS! run any slower, as there is already display functions even more complicated like Mental Herb. My suggestion would only be in the actual chat log, while Mental Herb is actually next to the pokemon model.

I can ask about game mechanics here right? If so, what happens if a Pokemon is burnt then turns into a Fire type (i.e. through Reflect Type and Conversion)?

Thanks for the help earlier with EV training! I've got my team ready and I'll figure out strengths/weaknesses/etc. as I keep battling. I have a question that's been tugging at my mind for a while though. Every site I've seen uses Leaf Storm over Frenzy Plant, although Frenzy Plant is stronger. Which is the truly better move to pair with my Mega Sceptile?

Thanks for the help earlier with EV training! I've got my team ready and I'll figure out strengths/weaknesses/etc. as I keep battling. I have a question that's been tugging at my mind for a while though. Every site I've seen uses Leaf Storm over Frenzy Plant, although Frenzy Plant is stronger. Which is the truly better move to pair with my Mega Sceptile?
Leaf Storm is better because, if you just used Leaf Storm, you can switch out, while you can't switch out right after using Frenzy Plant.

Is there a site that lists the stats for important trainer's Pokemon in-game?
For example, we know Ghetsis's Hydreigon's moves but no idea about it's IV and Nature (I assume all AI opponents to have 0 EV everywhere except the Battle Facilities).

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Is there a site that lists the stats for important trainer's Pokemon in-game?
For example, we know Ghetsis's Hydreigon's moves but no idea about it's IV and Nature (I assume all AI opponents to have 0 EV everywhere except the Battle Facilities).
No as far as I can tell. The only thing we have is ORAS IV data from an old Kaphotics pastebin.

Though there is a general theme in which Gym Leaders have 20 IV's across the board, Elite Four members have 25 IV's across the board, and the Champion has 30 IV's across the board (No EV's applied).

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Is the damage of Foul Play solely decided by the opponent's attack stat? Or does my own attack also play a role?
Mostly your opponents, including any boosts they have. However, if they are burned the damage won't be cut, but if you are burned it will.

I somehow managed to get a flawless shuppet in ORAS and I wanted to make a flawless ralts.The problem is that whenever I try to breed a ralts with my flawless shuppet I get a mon that only has 1 perfect IV.Can somebody explain me why?

My shuppet is holding a destiny knot and ralts is holding an everstone for the ability.I've bred like 3 ralts and all of these ralts have only 1 perfect IV.Does breeding with a pokemon that has 6 IVs cause this?

Mostly your opponents, including any boosts they have. However, if they are burned the damage won't be cut, but if you are burned it will.
Hmm, so it does have something to do with my own attack stat..

So let's say I'm fighting a Tauros, assuming I'm using Foul Play. Will my Umbreon with 63 attack deal the same damage to it as my Bisharp with 194 attack?

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hmm, so it does have something to do with my own attack stat..

So let's say I'm fighting a Tauros, assuming I'm using Foul Play. Will my Umbreon with 63 attack deal the same damage to it as my Bisharp with 194 attack?
Yes. The only thing matters on the user's end is if they get STAB on Dark attacks or are burnt. If a Dark-type uses Foul Play, they get STAB on it regardless of the target's type. If the user is burned, the damage will get decreased. If the target is burned, the damage dealt is unaffected, and is the same as if they weren't burned.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Thread merged into General Questions.

Tips for ANY forum out there: Before posting a new thread only for a simple question, check if...

a) They have any threads for general questions (most forums do)
b) There are any other threads dedicated for simple questions out there. If there isn't, there's a good chance there is a general questions thread you've missed somewhere.

I somehow managed to get a flawless shuppet in ORAS and I wanted to make a flawless ralts.The problem is that whenever I try to breed a ralts with my flawless shuppet I get a mon that only has 1 perfect IV.Can somebody explain me why?
Destiny Knot doesn't care which parent is holding it, it will pass down 5 different IVs picked randomly between both parents to the offspring. Also, Everstone passes the nature down, not ability. It's a 60% chance for the hidden ability (Telepathy in Ralts' case) to be passed if the mother/non-Ditto parent has it, with 20% for each of its normal abilities; (a total of 40%) and 80% chance of the current normal ability being passed. (Synchronize/Trace for Ralts)

If you want a flawless Ralts, you take a female Ralts that you've bred that has one more perfect stat in the areas you're looking for than what's in the day-care, repeating the process until you eventually get a 5-6IV Ralts. (granted, Gardevoir doesn't need perfect Attack and Gallade doesn't need perfect Special Attack. They usually run different natures from each other to not hamper their better attacking stat)

Destiny Knot doesn't care which parent is holding it, it will pass down 5 different IVs picked randomly between both parents to the offspring. Also, Everstone passes the nature down, not ability. It's a 60% chance for the hidden ability (Telepathy in Ralts' case) to be passed if the mother/non-Ditto parent has it, with 20% for each of its normal abilities; (a total of 40%) and 80% chance of the current normal ability being passed. (Synchronize/Trace for Ralts)

If you want a flawless Ralts, you take a female Ralts that you've bred that has one more perfect stat in the areas you're looking for than what's in the day-care, repeating the process until you eventually get a 5-6IV Ralts. (granted, Gardevoir doesn't need perfect Attack and Gallade doesn't need perfect Special Attack. They usually run different natures from each other to not hamper their better attacking stat)
Thanks for the answer, eventually after breeding a ton of ralts I managed to breed 2 flawless mons.

If I buy a copy of Pokemon Ranger for the DS (2006), I can still get the Manaphy egg and RNG it correct? I know you can get manaphy from the sequels, but those eggs were only given out via wifi for events?

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
If I buy a copy of Pokemon Ranger for the DS (2006), I can still get the Manaphy egg and RNG it correct? I know you can get manaphy from the sequels, but those eggs were only given out via wifi for events?
Correct, Pokemon Ranger 2 + 3 gave out the egg missions via wi-fi events (as well as Darkrai and Aura Sphere Riolu for 2 and Shaymin, Deoxys, and Eruptran for 3), but the first game unlocks it via an in-game code. However, each copy can send out only one egg (the Ranger Net, which holds the egg mission and other bonus missions, isn't reset upon restarting the game, so no bypassing the system here), so it's probably gonna be kinda hard to find a copy on which you can still redeem it... If my experience is anything to go with though, I bought used copies of the entire series last year or two years ago, and 1 hadn't unlocked the mission while 2 and 3 had downloaded the missions but not redeemed a single Pokemon, and used copies aren't too hard to come by where I live at least, so a bit of optimism might not be entirely inappropriate.
The obvious alternative is finding a rom and playing it on a flash cart, but idt we're really supposed to talk about that here. In any case, the games are excellent, so there's always that :3

Last edited:
Are pokerus pokemons worth as much as event legendaries like manaphy and celebi in trading?
Generally speaking, no. Pokerus can be spread very easily once you get one Pokemon to contract it in the first place, whereas mythical Pokemon are often very limited events. (not to mention people here on Smogon tend to want to spend days if not longer soft resetting for a perfect one if possible) Some people may even feel it ruins the trade value. Do note that the GTS is a very poor guide for what something is worth, and many of these events can't be traded over GTS or Wonder Trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)