Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Generally speaking, no. Pokerus can be spread very easily once you get one Pokemon to contract it in the first place, whereas mythical Pokemon are often very limited events. (not to mention people here on Smogon tend to want to spend days if not longer soft resetting for a perfect one if possible) Some people may even feel it ruins the trade value. Do note that the GTS is a very poor guide for what something is worth, and many of these events can't be traded over GTS or Wonder Trade.
Uhm and what about a shiny legendary?Anyways I don't even know what GTS is.Also what is a good guide for what pokemons are worth?

Uhm and what about a shiny legendary?Anyways I don't even know what GTS is.Also what is a good guide for what pokemons are worth?
In general, even a normal legendary is worth far more than any old Pokemon with Pokerus due to requiring a lot of time in soft resetting a close to flawless one. Most here will be trying to get shiny legendary Pokemon that are at least somewhat competitively viable. At any rate, this is a question better asked in the Simple Questions/Requests thread in the WiFi forum.

Is there any term for loves like Earthquake or Dazzling Gleam (moves that hit more than one pokemon)? I'd want to make sure so that i can search for people with the same idea as me more easily

Okay then, now then My team concept is gonna focus on Spread Moves (save Aegislash, which acts to protect against those moves) and I want to know which combination of types that have spread moves allow me to hit each pokemon for neutral damage or hit the most types super effectively (I'm including Earthquake and A Diancie with Diamond Storm and Dazzling Gleam, so Rock, Ground and Fairy are accounted for)

Don't forget than some spread moves hit your allies (Like Earthquake or Discharge), others don't (Dazzling Gleam, Blizzard)

More info : http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Double_Battle
Yeah I know, that's why The concept has Aegislash with Wide Guard, because.

Anyway. I'll ask again, With Dazzing Gleam, Diamond Storm and Earthquake, what other Moves I can use to hit the most pokemon supper-effectively?

On a side note would it be a bad idea to have pokemon with overlapping moves (Because I'm considering adding a Dragonite with Earthquake and a Meloetta with Dazzling Gleam to the concept despite that I'm also planning on Using Diancie and a poke that gets STAB in 'Quake [Likely Landorus-T])

If it's just a coverage calculator you want, you can try this tool, where you select the types of moves you have and it'll let you know how good your coverage is.
I already did, turns out that the aforementioned moves already fulfilled the neutral coverage requirement, but I still think something not limited to 4 moves (as this would be accounting for all the pokemon instead of just one) must suffice, or at least a way to check the coverage of more than 4 types

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
First of all, GTS is the Global Trade Station. You can access it from the Player Search System (right next to Super Training or Pokémon-Amie) on your lower 3DS screen in X and Y. At the GTS, you can either ask for a Pokémon and offer a Pokémon in return, or you can search for Pokémon other people have offered, and see what they want in return for it. It's global trading made simple.

Or, well, "simple". Keep in mind that people can ask for any Pokémon when offering one of their own. You will find a LOT of people offering a Caterpie and wanting a Zekrom or something like that in return. Likewise, if you want a Zekrom of your own, you better offer something really good for it. Nobody in their right state of mind will ever give away their Zekrom in exchange for a lvl. 23 Mightyena.

However, there is no currency system in place. Technically speaking, it's not impossible that somebody will trade a Mew for a Magikarp. The only thing ever restricting trades like that, are the wants and whims of the players themselves. In a sense, the laws of supply and demand rule the GTS. There is no "right" or "wrong" price to ask for on the GTS. Only a lot of stupid (and I mean loads of stupid - people offering Scatterbug and asking for Shiny Articuno is the norm, not the exception). The world of Pokémon is quite chock-full of eight-year-olds who think they can get gold in exchange for pebbles.

There is something throwing this chaotic "market" off the rails, though: The GTS' Hack Check isn't very good. Occasionally, there will be people using hacks to create shiny legendary Pokémon and put on the GTS just for the lulz.

Anyway, my point is: If you want a shiny legendary or something, you pretty much have to offer something similar in return. Or hope people will be nice. Here at Smogon, there are threads over in Wi-Fi where you can make requests, too, but they generally frown upon people asking for super-rare stuff without offering something good in return. Also, making a new thread asking for something is a cardinal sin, so don't do that.

If you've got something "good" you want to trade away, and just want to know what you'd get for it, my best tip is to put in on the GTS and wait for a day or so. Just use common sense, and you'll be fine. Generally, people are looking for stuff like:
- Version exclusive Pokémon (check Serebii for lists)
- Starters
- Eevee
- Fossils
- First stage pseudo-legendary Pokémon
- Pokémon that evolve upon trading
These Pokémon are not hard to get, and you're likely to get something similar in return for them.

Other than that, again, common sense.

Also, once you get PokéRus and know how to deal with it, it'll be all over your PC, so don't ever let anybody fool you into thinking you should trade away your version exclusive legendary in return for a Pokérus Magikarp. Just use Wonder Trade a lot, and you'll end up with Pokérus pretty soon anyway.

Speaking of the Masuda Method, can pokemon of two differnet regiosn from your own (example: Spanish Buneary and Japanese Ditto in an English game) still work?

I already did, turns out that the aforementioned moves already fulfilled the neutral coverage requirement, but I still think something not limited to 4 moves (as this would be accounting for all the pokemon instead of just one) must suffice, or at least a way to check the coverage of more than 4 types
You mean like this?

Speaking of the Masuda Method, can pokemon of two differnet regiosn from your own (example: Spanish Buneary and Japanese Ditto in an English game) still work?
Yes.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
okay so which is better for removing rocks? Defog or Rapid Spin?
This is more of a competitive-related question and would get a better answer in something like OU SQSA or the general SQSA thread.

But to answer your question to the best of my ability, it more or less depends on the team's style and team needs. Things like Hyper Offence are generally better off with a Rapid Spin user if it absolutely needs one since the hazards are generally laid at the start of a match through the use of a suicide lead to get the KOes and offensive pressure it needs to survive (and by extension, generally cannot afford to set hazards more than once), while more bulky or defensive teams tend to run Pokémon that can set hazards multiple times across a match and hence, Defog is generally better.

This is more of a competitive-related question and would get a better answer in something like OU SQSA or the general SQSA thread.

But to answer your question to the best of my ability, it more or less depends on the team's style and team needs. Things like Hyper Offence are generally better off with a Rapid Spin user if it absolutely needs one since the hazards are generally laid at the start of a match through the use of a suicide lead to get the KOes and offensive pressure it needs to survive (and by extension, generally cannot afford to set hazards more than once), while more bulky or defensive teams tend to run Pokémon that can set hazards multiple times across a match and hence, Defog is generally better.
Maybe I should clarify, of the 2 moves, which of them ONLY removes hazards on your side?

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Is the pool of Pokemon that the AI trainers use in the Platinum Battle Frontier the same as D/P's Battle Tower Pokemon?

Hi all, I am a new competitive player but have played all pokemon games and know all about pokemon. I understand EV's and IV's (can't get a pokemon w/ more than 2 perfect iv's tho :() and want to start participating in OU competitive play.

Im thinking about trying to set-up a team around Mega Charizard X. I am currently trying to get a charmander with perfect IV's, but for some reason can't...(help please!!) I have a jolly charmander with "outstanding IV's" but only 2 maxed (health and speed). He is Jolly. He has dragon dance and I plan on giving him earthquake and flare blitz and roost.

I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me who synergies well with charizard x. I would like to have cool pokemon (doesn't really matter) but the priority is a good team that work well together.

Also, I heard that if you breed a 6 iv ditto with another pokemon and you have destiny knot, it transfers, so if anyone kind enough has a ditto they can send me (3 IV's would even be nice) I would love it.

Any help is appreciated!! I need to learn and i am a noob!!!

thanks for reading

Hi all, I am a new competitive player but have played all pokemon games and know all about pokemon. I understand EV's and IV's (can't get a pokemon w/ more than 2 perfect iv's tho :() and want to start participating in OU competitive play.

Im thinking about trying to set-up a team around Mega Charizard X. I am currently trying to get a charmander with perfect IV's, but for some reason can't...(help please!!) I have a jolly charmander with "outstanding IV's" but only 2 maxed (health and speed). He is Jolly. He has dragon dance and I plan on giving him earthquake and flare blitz and roost.

I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me who synergies well with charizard x. I would like to have cool pokemon (doesn't really matter) but the priority is a good team that work well together.

Also, I heard that if you breed a 6 iv ditto with another pokemon and you have destiny knot, it transfers, so if anyone kind enough has a ditto they can send me (3 IV's would even be nice) I would love it.

thanks for reading
This is not the right place to ask about that. If you want someone to trade you a 6 IV Ditto, then ask in the Wi-Fi forum (this thread would be a good one). If you want help with OU, then go to the OU subforum.

thanks for reading
Contrary to Mulan15262 suggested, go take a look at Most's 6IV Ditto giveaway if you haven't already. But I'd still go into the OU subforum to get good teammate suggestions for Mega Charizard X.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

thanks for reading
Or you can, you know, check out Charizard's OU analysis...

Hey, has anyone tried using the Terrain Moves in conjunction with weather effects?
To what effect? You can have a terrain and weather active at the same time. I've seen one of the NPC's in X/Y's Battle Chateau have her Florges use Misty Terrain and her Goodra use Rain Dance after, and have beaten her several times while both are still in effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)