Suggestions for Pokémon Showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a way to possibly shuffle teams around in the teambuilder? Some of my teams are very outdated, and they always pop up first. This isn't really necessary, but just for convenience.
Export your teams to text, order the text to your liking, and then reimport them. (If you're careful you can do this entirely within the Teambuilder import/export screen.)

Export your teams to text, order the text to your liking, and then reimport them. (If you're careful you can do this entirely within the Teambuilder import/export screen.)
Well, yes, that is possible, but it would be so much easier if there was a button for it. I'm talking about like how you can switch the order of your mons in a team (matters when it comes to Illusion, especially in other metas!). They can also be sorted on relevancy.

Something that came to my head when i was trying to log on ps(actually now) but it was lagging or whatever is allow guests to pm global staff

It would be nice if the Pokemon Showdown had a chat where we could add people we meet while battling. I did not get the chance to keep in touch with anyone I've met so far, and adding them in other social network is really odd and unsafe. Don't need to be something full of features, just a function where we could see when someone is online, chat windows and challenge options. It would really improve the experience of meeting people here.

Talking about replays, I asked to Zarel once if it was possible to add the possibility to look for specific replay, like typing "x vs y" (where x is a guy and y an other).

He told me "it was probably a good idea" but no news, i guess he forgot, lol, so just a "reminder" i guess

rs

STANDING ON BUSINESS
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
This might've been suggested already, but being able to re-order the chat rooms by dragging them around on the 'chat bar'.

This helps if you accidentally leave a room (happens to me a lot), and don't have to leave every room and join back in the order you'd prefer.

I'm sure this has been mentioned many times, but if the teambuilder only displayed legal options when making a team for a particular format, that would be huge. Like if I'm building a gen 1 OU team, it would be nice if teambuilder only showed the 149 legal Gen 1 Pokemon when scrolling through pokemon, and only showed Gen 1-legal moves when scrolling through moves.

When you open up the Backup/Restore teams page (where you import/export all your teams) can we have everything automatically highlighted? Like how exported sets work on the dex? Most of the time you're never taking only half or anything, and the only use is to copy everything then paste it back after clearing your cookies. This would make that process slightly faster.

Amaluna

Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
I'd like to see a Roomkick command in the near future. This would help immensely with private rooms and with battles. If you don't want people to join, you can't get them out in any way. Also a command where we can see who and how many people are in a battle room would be useful.

I'd like to see a Roomkick command in the near future. This would help immensely with private rooms and with battles. If you don't want people to join, you can't get them out in any way. Also a command where we can see who and how many people are in a battle room would be useful.
How is /roomkick different from /roomban?
The problem with giving players the ability to moderate their battle rooms is that the two battlers might not agree on the actions, i.e. somebody just doesn't like spectators so they kick out a friend of the other player for no reason other than they're spectating.

tehy

Banned deucer.
How is /roomkick different from /roomban?
The problem with giving players the ability to moderate their battle rooms is that the two battlers might not agree on the actions, i.e. somebody just doesn't like spectators so they kick out a friend of the other player for no reason other than they're spectating.
if either battler wants a player gone, then that player needs to be gone. if anything, the solution is that roombans can't be undone by the opposite player

I think I suggested this one a long time ago in the apparently now-dead old suggestion thread, but a way to fine tune the PP of a move would be massively helpful.
Like Trump Card defaults to 5, but if exactly 6 were needed, there's no way to do that in the current setup.
Not sure how that would be implemented, maybe have different versions of that move in the search or something?

Raven

Esto es el fin.
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
if either battler wants a player gone, then that player needs to be gone. if anything, the solution is that roombans can't be undone by the opposite player
We already have the ability to mass ignore spectators, and even your opponent. If you have an issue with a spectator, make use of this function - a situation in which it would be integral to physically remove a user from a battle would be a) rare and b) of a nature that should be referred to global staff anyway. Ignore functions and modchat + are powerful enough tools to handle any valid situation that doesn't require global staff intervention.

Last edited:

tehy

Banned deucer.
We already have the ability to mass ignore spectators, and even your opponent. If you have an issue with a spectator, make use of this function - a situation in which it would be integral to physically remove a user from a battle would be a) rare and b) of a nature that should be referred to global staff anyway. Ignore functions and modchat + are powerful enough tools to handle any valid situation that doesn't require global staff intervention.
good point, 1 guy pissing me off means that all my friends shouldn't be able to speak to me (usage of modchat + and roomvoice can be undone by the other guy, so it's not necessarily a solution.) why should 1 guy spoil all the fun?

at the end of the day, there's no reason why I-the player-shouldn't be able to kick someone out of my room. If the other guy feels the need to kick someone else out, fair enough. Neither should be able to free people. Sure, this means someone else could ban all my friends in revenge, but that's something fairly unlikely to happen.

i'd also accept room-mute if people just want to watch

Raven

Esto es el fin.
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
good point, 1 guy pissing me off means that all my friends shouldn't be able to speak to me (usage of modchat + and roomvoice can be undone by the other guy, so it's not necessarily a solution.) why should 1 guy spoil all the fun?
If the other player wants to let that user speak then you have no right to mute/kick his friends whilst allowing yours to speak - your entitlement is not greater than the other players. If the user is bad enough to warrant that action then global staff should be involved anyway. Use /ignore user if they're just "pissing you off", however, since global staff involvement should be for lockable behaviour+.

In summary, the current tools at your disposal (ignore spectators/player, /ignore user and mc+) are more than sufficient for fair self-moderation of battles, and beyond that it's an incident requiring staff.

tehy

Banned deucer.
If the other player wants to let that user speak then you have no right to mute/kick his friends whilst allowing yours to speak - your entitlement is not greater than the other players.
my system pretty explicitly means that neither of us can allow our friends to speak should the other will it. I.E., both of us can mute and neither of us can undo it.

you actually make some good points and I guess I agree, but don't fucking strawman me. (the key thing i'd forgotten is /ignore, which to be fair is about as good as a roomkick).

ant

⭐️⭐️⭐️
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
showing a list of available auth in one room when hovering over a room tab. useful for people that have been banned from a room and need to pm room auth or any other reason that won't allow you to enter a room / you don't want to go there :heart:

Make entry hazards more visible! Either have text that shows the entry hazards up on each side on mouseover, or dont put the graphic for them directly under the pokemon

another suggestion is make the rating of the game visible on the watch games list!

thought of another idea, not sure how difficult it would be, but it would be cool of stats were tracked for each team, or maybe a stat screen at the end of each game. Damage done/taken, KOs, etc would be fun to track or atleast see on a game by game basis

I would like to make a suggestion. What if there was a command you type into a chatroom where you can pull up any Pokemon's PokeDex entry and include all generations' entries? I was thinking along the lines of /pe (dex type), (Pokemon name).

For example, if you type in /pe FireRed, Charmander you would get

"Charmander, the Lizard Pokemon. From the time it is born, a flame burns at the tip of its tail. Its life would end if the flame were to go out."

but if you type /pe BW, Charmander, you would get

"Charmander, the Lizard Pokemon. The fire on the tip of its tail is a measure of its life. If healthy, its tail burns intensely."

just a suggestion, I hope it gets considered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)