Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 180 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Earth Power
- Baton Pass

The focus is a faster-paced offensive team built around Volcarona, who uses Will-O-Wisp + Sitrus Berry to lure in and burn Mega Altaria, Dragonite, and Azumarill, crippling them so they have a more difficult time handling Volcarona. Celebi's offensive Nasty Plot set features Earth Power to lure in Heatran, who would otherwise stop Volcarona cold. In return, Volcarona pressures Mega Scizor (who is very good at the moment due to being a good check to Weavile), as well as Ferrothorn, who would otherwise wear Celebi down. Psychic is chosen on Celebi so it is not complete Talonflame bait, though the core is still very weak to it. Volcarona's presence necessitates hazard removal, so a good spinner or Defogger is likely needed; however, I am not a particular fan of Latias at the moment, and Latios stacks too many weaknesses with Celebi.

(EDIT: If you are wondering about the speed EVs on Celebi, they outspeed Jolly Diggersby, even if Celebi lacks Giga Drain to easily dispatch it; it is a simple benchmark, though 208 speed EVs could be used to outspeed Jolly Gyarados instead)

Last edited:

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Going to request a team with the core of Sub Kyurem-B + Bulky SD Mega Scizor. I've attempted to build around this core several times with rather mediocre results, so I want to see what you guys can come up with. The core is rather simple, with this version of Kyurem-B doing extremely work against Offense / Balance, while SD Mega Scizor being able to provide a nice-late game win condition. Replays demonstrating effectiveness, allowing me to see how the team is played would be very appreciated.

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 56 HP / 216 SpA / 236 Spe
Mild Nature
- Substitute
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm on mobile so this might be a bit sloppy but thanks so much for the team! Gonna definitely test it out! One question for the hippo build hippo>chomp and keld>celebi? Is this correct? Overall solid looking team really like how it looks and cannot wait to try it :] thanks again
Ye it is correct ! np man try out and enjoy

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I Want a team with this core if it Possible please

+

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Hammer Arm
- Grass Knot
- Zen Headbutt

The Offensive Metagross Set, It Hits very hard and he can 2HKO Slowbro and make a lot of damage to Defoggers, break stall and more
0 SpA Tough Claws Mega Metagross Grass Knot (100 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Slowbro: 240-284 (60.9 - 72%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Tough Claws Mega Metagross Grass Knot (60 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Gastrodon: 284-336 (66.6 - 78.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Metagross Meteor Mash vs. 72 HP / 0 Def Latias: 232-274 (72.7 - 85.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Thundurus (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunder Wave
- Volt Switch
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

and Thundurus because he has prankster, it Kill Tankchomp, he can t-wave 110 Speed base and make a lot of damage to Birdspam and it has volt switch to hit and run.

Thanks
Working on this, Jhonx~ yo te lo buildeo bro !

Hey, dunno if this is viable or not, but if possible, could you make a balance/bulky offense/please god not HO team around this....different....Mega-Alakazam set?

Alakazam (M) @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Encore
- Future Sight/Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

The EVs are a bit weird, but this Alakazam is more support-y and ideally a (slow?) Volt-Turn team can make use of the powerful Future Sights (even uninvested you hit harder than standard Alakazam, and Future Sight has 120 BP) if you're running that over Psyshock.

The EVs do some nice things and let you beat some conventional MegaZam switchins in certain cases, assuming you're at full/no rocks. Banded Scizor can't switch in on Focus Blast (assuming you hit Focus Blast as it switches in, and you hit it again with FB as CB Scizor does a max of 87% with Bullet Punch), Scarf Lando-T can't RK you with EQ, which does the most at a max of 93%, and Jolly Sharp Beak Talonflame can't switch in on Psyshock (assuming you're running it over Future Sight) and OHKO you with priority BB (you live and Psyshock is a 2HKO). If ScarfChomp comes in and you have Rocks up, you live the EQ (going for Outrage is really risky and only has a 30% chance to OHKO) and OHKO back with HP Ice. TankChomp and SpDef Gliscor might not expect the HP Ice, but their EQs don't even come close to OHKOing you and HP Ice does a minimum of 70% to both.

For this set, a good partner (and I guess another member of the core) would be something bulky that can help take on the Dark/Strong Physical attacker weakness that this MegaZam set has....and Mixed Hippowdon can do that job nicely, checking Bisharp/TTar and others.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off

Good members would be things that can give a slow Volt Switch/U-Turn since even with the Defensive investment, MegaZam is rather frail. Cleric/Wishpasser might be nice too, just so Zam can heal up and fire off more Future Sights.

Last edited:

DennisEG

Civil Engineer

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Hammer Arm
- Grass Knot
- Zen Headbutt

Thundurus @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunder Wave
- Volt Switch
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 24 Def / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Keldeo-Resolute @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Rest

Heatran @ Air Ballon / Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 120 HP / 136 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Taunt / Stone Edge
- Earth Power / Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog / Roost
- Healing Wish / Defog

Hey viejo, the core scream offense so i build an offensive team with this specially when i see Volt switch in Thundurus, so immediatly come to my mind Volt-Turn core with some powerhouses but still have the balance at least to switch in a couple threats or check them. I add Lando-T scarf for the volt-turn core because intimidate help a lot against Lopu, metagross after mega evol etc, also this is my ground resist to avoid those nasty Mega manetric volt turns, this core also fuction as a Bird resist / check but since is offense you can't have a solid answer. Next thing i've notice that im really weak to weavile, so i added the ultimate offensive counter wich is keldeo, but is a set not too common at all which is Rest Talk Keldeo with LO, really underated set or maybe people thinks is bad but for this team fit really well also is your status absorber, also is our Bisharp check. After that a realize tha we haven't rocks and if stall give us some trouble i put Magma Heatran for the job, I like air baloon cuz u can taunt hippo turn 1 and then trapped if you dont choose to run defog, also is a secondary partner for Metagross to get rid of Steels, enough Speatk to 2hko Sableye with magma + recoil, leftovers is another option to bluff ur the spedef tran and people like to switch sableye prevent rocks, so u can catch it. And last i add the mandotory Keldeo / Water resist check which is Latias, u can go with defog + healing to support ur other mons or defog + roost for longetivy.
>
: Assault Vest Azu acomplish almost the same than Latias except for defog support, but this give you another Weavile check + dragon immunity, i tested both ways and i like the result i get.
Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 168 HP / 220 Atk / 16 Def / 16 SpD / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Facade / Knock Off / Power-Up-Punch / Superpower
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
Hope i like the team man, enjoy Jhonx~ !!!

Dr Ciel

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 196 SpD / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 56 HP / 216 SpA / 236 Spe
Rash Nature
- Substitute
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Slack Off

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Hurricane

Latios @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Roost
- Calm Mind

I took your core cause sub KB needs more love. To start off, I added a sand component mainly cause (I LOVE SAND) sand deals with things the core struggles with such as birdspam and offense. Also, nuisances to sand such as Rotom-W, Slowbro and Skarmory are taken care of by KB. Next, Tornadus-T was a needed switch in to Gengar, Zam, Serperior and Lati@s. It works well with KB since it lures in stuff that give Cube a free sub. Finally, I slapped Roost Latios on to not get charred by Char-Y and to have a decent check to Manaphy and Keldeo.

Because Scizor is a threat to this team, I maxed out HP on Tornadus to take a +2 BP from Scizor after rocks at full health + gave Drill a Life Orb. At first Latios was Roost w/ three attacks but after some games, I noticed a Mega Bro weakness (I.e, nearly got dropped by M Bro), so I made it CM-Roost-Draco-HP Fire. The set is cool because it lures in steels thinking it's the standard CM roost stabs lati. HP Fire over Psyshock is cause Scizor is a big ass threat to this build. An alternative is to give Hippo Toxic (or do smth with another member that lets it beat random shit you find out you're weak to) and go w/ Roost three attacks Lati so you can actually touch Azumarill and force Clef and Chansey to recover lol. Yeah, you might wanna be able to touch Azu now that I look at it... Rash>Mild KB cause it's my Gyara counter tho if it makes waters and elecs break your sub, do change back. Enjoy n_n

Last edited:
Liem

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Ice Punch / Superpower

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Def / 196 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off

Venusaur-Mega (M) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 72 SpA / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Energy Ball
- Ice Beam

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 192 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Stone Edge
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

So the core was pretty weak to SD Talonflame, Charizard-Y/X, M-Gardevoir and the team needed a rocks setter so Heatran was added. Also forms the FWG core along with being the stall-breaker of the team. The team still looked weak to Charizard Y and Specs Keldeo as M-Venusaur could be worn down pretty easily with a Scald burn or hazards so Latios was added, also functioned as the hazard controller for the team and provided Defog support. ScarfTar was added as the team looked susceptible to being pressured by Latios and Manaphy appreciates the Pursuit-trapping that gets rid of the Lati twins and is a solid check to stuff like Raikou, Thundurus and M-Manectric. Finally, Hippowdon was added as I didn't like how the team was weak to Bisharp and how easily fast electric-types wore it down so it was added to stop their momentum. The team was also weak to LO/Mega Alakazam so I chose Crunch although, Toxic is an option too. Threats to the team include SD Bisharp, Manaphy+Pursuit support, Kyurem-B, Charizard+Pursuit support and M-Gardevoir.

Replays:

Last edited:
First off, I think this is a really cool idea and it helps lesser experienced players get some insight into team building. Also, great work building so many teams in such a short time. Anyway:

Alakazam-Mega @ Alakazite
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Encore
- Shadow Ball

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Low Kick
- Ice Shard

Together these two just eat offense. They both have amazing speed tiers, powerful moves, and are quite anti-meta at the moment (although weavile is definitely rising in usage--for good reason). I would love to see a balance/bulky offense team with these two with some bulky mons that can take a hit and pivot into these attackers because they're extremely frail, as well as an answer to stall, seeing as how it is kinda common on the ladder and a massive pain to face. I prefer balance/bulky offense just because I like to have switch to stuff and not have to rely on double switches, etc, but I know this core is probably more suited to offense and HO, so just build whatever you think is best.
Thanks again!

Liem

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Ice Punch / Superpower

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Def / 196 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off

Venusaur-Mega (M) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 72 SpA / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Energy Ball
- Ice Beam

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 192 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Stone Edge
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

So the core was pretty weak to SD Talonflame, Charizard-Y/X, M-Gardevoir and the team needed a rocks setter so Heatran was added. Also forms the FWG core along with being the stall-breaker of the team. The team still looked weak to Charizard Y and Specs Keldeo as M-Venusaur could be worn down pretty easily with a Scald burn or hazards so Latios was added, also functioned as the hazard controller for the team and provided Defog support. ScarfTar was added as the team looked susceptible to being pressured by Latios and Manaphy appreciates the Pursuit-trapping that gets rid of the Lati twins and is a solid check to stuff like Raikou, Thundurus and M-Manectric. Finally, Hippowdon was added as I didn't like how the team was weak to Bisharp and how easily fast electric-types wore it down so it was added to stop their momentum. The team was also weak to LO/Mega Alakazam so I chose Crunch although, Toxic is an option too. Threats to the team include SD Bisharp, Manaphy+Pursuit support, Kyurem-B, Charizard+Pursuit support and M-Gardevoir.

Replays:
team is looking nice! cant wait to try it out, I really appreciate your service!

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Wouldn't Sand Force Hippo suit that team better? Ik you already have ttar but between both ttar and hippo, Venu isn't going to be able to operate at it's best with all that sand, so unless you have a reason for Hippo to have sand(Ttar obvs needs the spdef boost) I'd change it. I also think Ttar needs Superpower on that team cos of the Bish weakness.

Nice team otherwise, cool Hippo set =]

Wouldn't Sand Force Hippo suit that team better? Ik you already have ttar but between both ttar and hippo, Venu isn't going to be able to operate at it's best with all that sand, so unless you have a reason for Hippo to have sand(Ttar obvs needs the spdef boost) I'd change it. I also think Ttar needs Superpower on that team cos of the Bish weakness.

Nice team otherwise, cool Hippo set =]
Oop, I had Sand force originally, must've got changed while I was exporting the hippo set
Ty man

+

Offensive core, 3 attacks Tail Glow Manaphy + Mega Scizor

[Write-up Pending]

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Energy Ball
- Ice Beam

Scizor-Mega (M) @ Scizorite
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Atk / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Agility

*feel free to change the EV's if you want to

Last edited by a moderator:
+

Offensive core, 3 attacks Tail Glow Manaphy + Mega ScizorI'm probably an evil person for doing this, but after a some testing, I found these two work fantastic together. At first, Agility Scizor might look out of the ordinary, but it's actually a set that literally nobody prepares for, and it teams up substantially well with Manaphy. it also handles Unaware Clefable, one of the only things that can handle Manaphy on balance. At +3 Special Attack and +2 Speed, you can pretty much say goodbye to your whole team. Energy Ball is preferred over Hidden Power Fire on this particular Manaphy core thanks to its ability to lure in Keldeo and other bulky Water-types, which is otherwise a huge pain to this core, although Hidden Power Fire can be used to bait in Ferrothorn. This core really struggles with said Water-types, so good partners include Thundurus, Serperior and even Shaymin. This core also gets eaten alive by Charizard Y, but Manaphy can live a Solarbeam in a pinch and OHKO back with Scald at +3 after the smallest amount of prior damage. Latias and Latios can deal with Charizard Y and can clear hazards from your side if needed.

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Energy Ball
- Ice Beam

Scizor-Mega (M) @ Scizorite
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Atk / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Agility

*feel free to change the EV's if you want to
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/oras-good-cores-check-post-714.3524713/page-43#post-6257371
nice meme

DarkNostalgia

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 224 Atk / 32 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Protect
- Crunch
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Fang

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 Spe
Impish Nature
- Recover
- Baton Pass
- Seed Bomb
- Swords Dance

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 224 Atk / 32 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Protect
- Crunch
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Fang

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 Spe
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Baton Pass
- Seed Bomb
- Swords Dance

I will admit I had to go back to the drawing board a couple times with this core. However, after a bunch of mental frustration I was able to build a team around it which I am happy with. A lot of the team is based around weakening the opposition enough for Sharpedo to come in and clean up, which is a pretty easy strategy and as such make the team a lot easier to use. On to the team itself: Rocky Helmet Garchomp imo is kind of a must for teaming up with Mega Sharpedo; in one slot, it weakens the opposition by setting up Stealth Rocks and punishing physical attackers with 30% damage which with stealth rocks equals minimum 36% damage which is all the better for sharpedo cleaning up after. I then put AV Tornadus-T as it is an excellent source of chip damage with U-turn and Hurricane as well as providing excellent utility with Knock Off. It also is a great partner to Garchomp as Garchomp keeps most physical attackers in check while Tornadus-T does a good job at keeping special attackers in check. At this point, I noticed that the team was really weak to Clefable and stall in general, so I put Taunt Gengar as it beats Clefable with ease and can punish Stall really easily. Shadow Ball and Sludge Wave from Gengar also are both really powerful in general and dent teams really easily as its coverage is unresisted and those who can stand up to its attacks are bopped by Taunt. Talonflame finishes up a FWG core and the SD variant is especially helpful for this team as it provides a secondary win condition outside of Sharpedo. If it's not going to be used during a match as a win condition, it keeps Mega Metagross and Mega Altaria in check (the latter which 6-0s otherwise) and provides very powerful priority that takes advantage of weakened opposing Pokemon. Hopefully this team is good for your tastes, I tried many different things such as Weavile + Heatran > Garchomp and Talonflame but after a bunch of tweaking this is the end result.
1/3 of the team is weak to Stealth Rock and no form of hazard removal?

OverlordDerp

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Waterfall
- Curse
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Ice Beam

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 124 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Foul Play
- Clear Smog

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psyshock
- Roost

Hey man, here is the team I made for you around ur torn-t mega swampert core! :D

I feel like curse swamp is a decent set which can sweep unprepared teams, especially if u can lure steels with handy hp fire latios. The core firstly has some issues with mons like kyurem-b, mega lopunny, and latios is an annoyance. Because of this I added chople ttar, which lives lopunny hjk after rocks and can ohko with superpower. Ttar also gives me sr support, and can lure in cocky tank chomps with ice beam, helping swamp/exca attempt to sweep later on. I chose exca in the next slot since i needed some more speed control, and I wanted a way to remove hazards. Next I went with amoonguss, since I needed a solid fairy and water resist, and the mushroom fit that role perfectly. Lastly I added magnezone to remove skarm and ferro, but I later changed to hp fire latios which can lure those 2 while checking zardy. Shoutouts to bludz for helping me build and test the team! :D

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Team came out crisp :)

Looking at it now I think it might be a cool idea to try a Rocky Helmet on Amoonguss to wear down some of the physical attackers the team dislikes switching into like Mega Lopunny and Azumarill. Black Sludge helps keep Amoonguss healthier though which might still be better on a sand team so that's just a thought.

Since I am so bad at teambuilding in OU, why not let someone else do the job for me? Really love what you are doing btw

Gyarados @ Leftovers
EVs: 88 HP / 192 Atk / 4 Def / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

The standard bulky D-Dance Gyarados set is maybe my favorite set to use in all of OU. It can sub up on things wanting to use WoW or Toxic, and set up a D-Dance behind the sub after that, and possibly sweep entire teams. Bounce is really good on it, giving me a good way to beat M-Venu and others, and also giving an extra turn of lefties recovery. Hippowdon is a great partner, being immune to Electric, and is also an amazing tank overall. I like Stone Edge over Whirlwind or Toxic to beat Talonflame and other Flying-types. I tried building around this, but I was just not satisfied with the team. Hoping that you guys can build something amazing around it.

Alright so I think we have our hands full atm so it'd make sense closing up shop for now. You can still post cores but we'll give priority to the ones that were posted earlier.

TheEnder

a petal in the wind
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Altina
Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Rapid Spin

Infernape @ Leftovers
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Def / 12 SpD / 208 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Slack Off
- Encore
- Will-O-Wisp
- Low Kick

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 112 Def / 156 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge

Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Refresh
- Stored Power
- Recover

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Calm Mind

Dragalge @ Black Sludge
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 124 HP / 252 SpA / 132 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Toxic Spikes
- Hidden Power [Fire]
The original core is really cool, and leaves a lot of options when it comes to building around it. Getting rid of Dark-types should be the #1 priority when using mono-attacking Mega Latias. Defensive Infernape was my choice as Dark-type check, as it, between Will-O-Wisp, Encore and STAB Low Kick is capable of dealing with almost every Dark-type in existance. The original core was also weak to opposing Dragon-types, which is why Clefable was added. I chose to go with Thunder Wave + Calm Mind due to Manaphy being an issue, but what version of Clefable you use is up to you. Unaware Clefable can be used too, but the team gets weaker to Lati@s that way. To handle physical attackers, oppoing Clefable, and other Fairt-types, I added Hippowdon + Excadrill. Hippowdon is simply put a great mixed wall, capable of dealing with everything from Mega Charizard X to Tornadus-T. Excadrill Rapid Spin's for the team, and with Swords Dance + Air Balloon, it can pressure Landorus-T and opposing Hippowdon trying to keep Stealth Rock up.

Farfield
Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 140 Def / 32 SpD / 88 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge

Manaphy @ Leftovers
EVs: 92 HP / 232 SpA / 164 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Energy Ball
- Ice Beam

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 204 SpD / 40 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Taunt

Conkeldurr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Mach Punch

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Recover

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 104 HP / 220 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Roost
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
Mega Charizard X + Manaphy seemed best fit on an offensively inclined team, so I decided to build a Bulky Offensive squad. Landorus-T is a great Stealth Rock setter for offensive teams, being capable of taking on a plethora of physical attackers. It was my choice over Garchomp because i didn't want to stack Dragon-types, as being weak to Ice- and Dragon-types isn't the best idea in a metagame filled with Lati@s, Kyurem-B, and Weavile. Skamory was added to provide type-resistance to Dragon-, Fairy-, and Flying-types, stopping the likes of Lati@s, Tornadus-T, and Clefable from plowing through the team. Latias removes hazards for Charizard thanks to Defog, and provides a much needed resistance to Water- and Fighting-type attacks. Latios is an option over Latias, if you would like the extra power over the added bulk Latias provides. The last member of the team, Conkeldurr, was added to break holes for Charizard or Manaphy to sweep. Using the uncommon Life Orb set, it is capable of 2HKOing Hippowdon, and dealing tons of damage to Pokemon like Clefable and Mega SAbleye. You can also use Bulk Up or Assault Vest on Conkeldurr, which increases its longevity, but personally i prefer the wallrbeaking power this set offers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)