Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 124 HP / 252 SpA / 132 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Toxic Spikes
- Hidden Power [Fire]
The original core is really cool, and leaves a lot of options when it comes to building around it. Getting rid of Dark-types should be the #1 priority when using mono-attacking Mega Latias. Defensive Infernape was my choice as Dark-type check, as it, between Will-O-Wisp, Encore and STAB Low Kick is capable of dealing with almost every Dark-type in existance. The original core was also weak to opposing Dragon-types, which is why Clefable was added. I chose to go with Thunder Wave + Calm Mind due to Manaphy being an issue, but what version of Clefable you use is up to you. Unaware Clefable can be used too, but the team gets weaker to Lati@s that way. To handle physical attackers, oppoing Clefable, and other Fairt-types, I added Hippowdon + Excadrill. Hippowdon is simply put a great mixed wall, capable of dealing with everything from Mega Charizard X to Tornadus-T. Excadrill Rapid Spin's for the team, and with Swords Dance + Air Balloon, it can pressure Landorus-T and opposing Hippowdon trying to keep Stealth Rock up.
Thank you so much for the great team, it has worked really well so far and its only weaknesses seems to be difficulty in weakening builds that limit my toxic spikes with mega sableye. Though, do you mind explaining the EVs on Hippo? I have been normally using the 252/144/112 Impish spread and would like to know what KOes the spread you use for future teambuilding. Also, what do the 12 Spdef EVs on Nape do. Would it be better to toss them in Def?

TheEnder

a petal in the wind
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Thank you so much for the great team, it has worked really well so far and its only weaknesses seems to be difficulty in weakening builds that limit my toxic spikes with mega sableye. Though, do you mind explaining the EVs on Hippo? I have been normally using the 252/144/112 Impish spread and would like to know what KOes the spread you use for future teambuilding. Also, what do the 12 Spdef EVs on Nape do. Would it be better to toss them in Def?
240 HP hits a Leftovers number, 112 Defense lets it live two +1 Dragon Claw's from Mega Charizard X, and the rest is dumped in Special Defense. 40 Defense on Infernape allows it to always live +6 Mega Scizor's Bullet Punch. The rest is put in Special Defense to take a tad less from Mega Charizard Y, but you can put them in Defense, too.

OverlordDerp

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Waterfall
- Curse
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Ice Beam

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 124 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Foul Play
- Clear Smog

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psyshock
- Roost

Hey man, here is the team I made for you around ur torn-t mega swampert core! :D

I feel like curse swamp is a decent set which can sweep unprepared teams, especially if u can lure steels with handy hp fire latios. The core firstly has some issues with mons like kyurem-b, mega lopunny, and latios is an annoyance. Because of this I added chople ttar, which lives lopunny hjk after rocks and can ohko with superpower. Ttar also gives me sr support, and can lure in cocky tank chomps with ice beam, helping swamp/exca attempt to sweep later on. I chose exca in the next slot since i needed some more speed control, and I wanted a way to remove hazards. Next I went with amoonguss, since I needed a solid fairy and water resist, and the mushroom fit that role perfectly. Lastly I added magnezone to remove skarm and ferro, but I later changed to hp fire latios which can lure those 2 while checking zardy. Shoutouts to bludz for helping me build and test the team! :D
Looks and plays absolutely amazingly, thank you! I'm going to need to use it more to formulate a more detailed opinion, but that'll come with time. I completely forgot Clear Smog was a thing, and it works rather well too. Double Dance Char-X is a bit scary to face regardless, so I've opted to run Rocky Helmet on Amoonguss just in case it gets out of hand.

Rayman94

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 20 Atk / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Rash Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Roost

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Flamethrower

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 236 SpD / 24 Spe
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Iron Head
- Roost

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 248 HP / 148 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off
i tried a more offensive build and it didn't work out because of compounding weaknesses and then a bulky offense build but still failed to perform its duties and secure win conditions. i then had to work my way to boring balance which is the only way this core is gonna work but remains effective nonetheless. skarmory + hippowdon is a defensive core that blanket checks a bunch of the metagame like how skarmbliss did in dpp. threats that could muscle threw such as sd bisharp could be combated by gyarados. running crunch / eq is possible to provide a better check to bisharp but bulky grounds can get annoying. kyurem-b had horrible defensive synergy with gyarados so i had to abuse the offensive synergy they had and run 2 more defensive 'mons. clefable is the primary fighting resist and provides a secondary win condition with calm mind. flamethrower clefable is used because ferrothorn and mega scizor are still nuiscances and it provides a secondary lure to them because let's face it: flamethrower clefable is not nearly as popular. i landed my way to starmie as a water and fighting resist, spinner, and provides much needed speed. skarmory + hippowdon adds those hazards to abuse cube's ability to force switches and help dos sweep. the team performs nicely but just watch out for specific stallbreakers, most notably mega sableye, haxorus, and mew. sd tflame is a threat too so rocky helmet hippowdon is an option while also shuffling more damage to lopunny. hope you have fun n_n

iSuicune
or (
/
)
Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 172 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Protect

EVs: 152 HP / 4 Def / 100 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Icy Wind
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off
i had a lot of trouble with this core and had talks with Ice Lunch, asdfCookie, and bludz. none of the suggestions or mine really brought myself to a conclusion on how i'm gonna build around crawdaunt because your core restrained me to mega charizard x which gave me no flexibility in my mega slot. mainly crawdaunt has peak performance with mega manectric and mega scizor and not being able to use those two sucked. a more offensive build was ideal. tornadus-t brings crawdaunt in to wreck havoc and checks a bunch of stuff like serperior which will steamroll through the core. with latios i have a keldeo check and defog support. it also brings in steels for zardx to abuse. hippowdon was added because i needed rocks and an electric check outside of zardx which is actually rather frail on sdef. ferrothorn checks gyara and gives me something to switchin on meteors and dd m-alt. it also provdes spikes for daunt, latios, torn-t, and zardx all to abuse. the team is very straight forward. crawdaunt is used to suffice your creativity but the team will work much better with keldeo > crawdaunt swimply because it is bulkier and provides a bisharp and more solid weavile check. azumarill can also be used over crawdaunt and can sweep with belly drum + hazard support. icy wind is on torn-t for luring chomp to help crawdaunt but if you're using keldeo, you don't need it and can use superpower or something. enjoy ^.^

Altina
Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Rapid Spin

Infernape @ Leftovers
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Def / 12 SpD / 208 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Slack Off
- Encore
- Will-O-Wisp
- Low Kick

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 112 Def / 156 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge

Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Refresh
- Stored Power
- Recover

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Calm Mind

Dragalge @ Black Sludge
EVs: 124 HP / 252 SpA / 132 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Toxic Spikes
- Hidden Power [Fire]
The original core is really cool, and leaves a lot of options when it comes to building around it. Getting rid of Dark-types should be the #1 priority when using mono-attacking Mega Latias. Defensive Infernape was my choice as Dark-type check, as it, between Will-O-Wisp, Encore and STAB Low Kick is capable of dealing with almost every Dark-type in existance. The original core was also weak to opposing Dragon-types, which is why Clefable was added. I chose to go with Thunder Wave + Calm Mind due to Manaphy being an issue, but what version of Clefable you use is up to you. Unaware Clefable can be used too, but the team gets weaker to Lati@s that way. To handle physical attackers, oppoing Clefable, and other Fairt-types, I added Hippowdon + Excadrill. Hippowdon is simply put a great mixed wall, capable of dealing with everything from Mega Charizard X to Tornadus-T. Excadrill Rapid Spin's for the team, and with Swords Dance + Air Balloon, it can pressure Landorus-T and opposing Hippowdon trying to keep Stealth Rock up.

Farfield
Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 140 Def / 32 SpD / 88 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 92 HP / 232 SpA / 164 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Energy Ball
- Ice Beam

Skarmory @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 204 SpD / 40 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Taunt

Conkeldurr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Mach Punch

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Recover

EVs: 104 HP / 220 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Roost
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
Mega Charizard X + Manaphy seemed best fit on an offensively inclined team, so I decided to build a Bulky Offensive squad. Landorus-T is a great Stealth Rock setter for offensive teams, being capable of taking on a plethora of physical attackers. It was my choice over Garchomp because i didn't want to stack Dragon-types, as being weak to Ice- and Dragon-types isn't the best idea in a metagame filled with Lati@s, Kyurem-B, and Weavile. Skamory was added to provide type-resistance to Dragon-, Fairy-, and Flying-types, stopping the likes of Lati@s, Tornadus-T, and Clefable from plowing through the team. Latias removes hazards for Charizard thanks to Defog, and provides a much needed resistance to Water- and Fighting-type attacks. Latios is an option over Latias, if you would like the extra power over the added bulk Latias provides. The last member of the team, Conkeldurr, was added to break holes for Charizard or Manaphy to sweep. Using the uncommon Life Orb set, it is capable of 2HKOing Hippowdon, and dealing tons of damage to Pokemon like Clefable and Mega SAbleye. You can also use Bulk Up or Assault Vest on Conkeldurr, which increases its longevity, but personally i prefer the wallrbeaking power this set offers.
Thank you so much for making the team. I changed 184 for fully 252 speed on Charizard since it got teammates who can handles Lando-T.
I'm really ashamed I couldn't win a single time tho, and I think it's my fault and not the teams. For example, I didn't know how to handle an Espeon when it suddendly started to used Calm Mind since Magic Bounce blocks Whirlwind. I'll keep playing (and I'll stop by the Battling 101 too) and hope I could play better with it. Thank you a lot.

you wanted some fire Ksh13, don't worry ..

I call this team "FLEX (ooh ooh ooh)
or
>

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn

Steelix (F) @ Steelixite
EVs: 200 HP / 96 Atk / 168 SpD / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fire Fang
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam
- Explosion

Gyarados @ Leftovers
EVs: 88 HP / 192 Atk / 4 Def / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
- Gunk Shot

Dragonite (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Superpower
- Iron Tail
- Outrage

Clefable @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Flamethrower

Of course I started off with the original core of hippowdon and gyarados. Despite the great synergy the core is still easily pressured by the tiers water type behemoths (keldeo, manaphy, azumarill). Toxicroak was such a great fit here because of its immunity to water and its ability to consistently check/pressure the aforementioned pokemon. Toxicroak's fighting type also comes in useful because it can destroy the popular balance core of clefable, ferrothorn, and defensive starmie on its own, this takes a ton off of Gyarados, which will give it more opportunities to sweep. Decided to add some more firepower here so I added Choice Band Dragonite. It's main purpose is to assist toxicroak in weakening the defensive mon's on the opposing team. The team was pretty weak to dragon, ice, fairy, so here's where I added Defog Mega Scizor. It's able to challenge many problematic mon's (kyurem-b, diancie, etc) with its priority bp and with investment it's a great defensive mon + hazard remover. Last was Clefable, I needed something to challenge fighting + dark types that could rip the team apart. The team is largely composed of physical attackers so it's easily able to cm on defensive mon's who hope to take hits + spread status. Special Kyurem-B is pretty annoying for the team so try to keep Scizor and Clefable as healthy as possible if up against one. Ferrothorn can be problematic as well so be sure to play aggressive against one, throw toxicroak or clefable out if you feel it's going to be switched in. Add Fire Blast > Flamethrower on Clefable if really want to get rid of it. Scizor's U-turn will definitely help get the jump on it though. Steelix > Scizor would increase that Kyurem weakness, but what team isn't weak to it.

you wanted some fire Ksh13, don't worry ..

I call this team "FLEX (ooh ooh ooh)
or
>

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn

Steelix (F) @ Steelixite
EVs: 200 HP / 96 Atk / 168 SpD / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fire Fang
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam
- Explosion

Gyarados @ Leftovers
EVs: 88 HP / 192 Atk / 4 Def / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
- Gunk Shot

Dragonite (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Superpower
- Iron Tail
- Outrage

Clefable @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Flamethrower

Of course I started off with the original core of hippowdon and gyarados. Despite the great synergy the core is still easily pressured by the tiers water type behemoths (keldeo, manaphy, azumarill). Toxicroak was such a great fit here because of its immunity to water and its ability to consistently check/pressure the aforementioned pokemon. Toxicroak's fighting type also comes in useful because it can destroy the popular balance core of clefable, ferrothorn, and defensive starmie on its own, this takes a ton off of Gyarados, which will give it more opportunities to sweep. Decided to add some more firepower here so I added Choice Band Dragonite. It's main purpose is to assist toxicroak in weakening the defensive mon's on the opposing team. The team was pretty weak to dragon, ice, fairy, so here's where I added Defog Mega Scizor. It's able to challenge many problematic mon's (kyurem-b, diancie, etc) with its priority bp and with investment it's a great defensive mon + hazard remover. Last was Clefable, I needed something to challenge fighting + dark types that could rip the team apart. The team is largely composed of physical attackers so it's easily able to cm on defensive mon's who hope to take hits + spread status. Special Kyurem-B is pretty annoying for the team so try to keep Scizor and Clefable as healthy as possible if up against one. Ferrothorn can be problematic as well so be sure to play aggressive against one, throw toxicroak or clefable out if you feel it's going to be switched in. Add Fire Blast > Flamethrower on Clefable if really want to get rid of it. Scizor's U-turn will definitely help get the jump on it though. Steelix > Scizor would increase that Kyurem weakness, but what team isn't weak to it.
Wow, it looks awesome. Tried it out a bit on the ladder, only things I found to be an issue was Mega Heracross and freakin Sigilyph. Otherwise it is really fun to use, Toxicroak impressed me I must say. The only thing that feels kind of odd is not having SD on Scizor, but hazard control is necessary. Thanks a lot for the team :)

Edit: Also, regular Gyarados gives it a lot of trouble out of what I have seen

Last edited:
Rayman94

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
EVs: 20 Atk / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Rash Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Roost

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Flamethrower

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Skarmory @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 236 SpD / 24 Spe
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Iron Head
- Roost

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off
i tried a more offensive build and it didn't work out because of compounding weaknesses and then a bulky offense build but still failed to perform its duties and secure win conditions. i then had to work my way to boring balance which is the only way this core is gonna work but remains effective nonetheless. skarmory + hippowdon is a defensive core that blanket checks a bunch of the metagame like how skarmbliss did in dpp. threats that could muscle threw such as sd bisharp could be combated by gyarados. running crunch / eq is possible to provide a better check to bisharp but bulky grounds can get annoying. kyurem-b had horrible defensive synergy with gyarados so i had to abuse the offensive synergy they had and run 2 more defensive 'mons. clefable is the primary fighting resist and provides a secondary win condition with calm mind. flamethrower clefable is used because ferrothorn and mega scizor are still nuiscances and it provides a secondary lure to them because let's face it: flamethrower clefable is not nearly as popular. i landed my way to starmie as a water and fighting resist, spinner, and provides much needed speed. skarmory + hippowdon adds those hazards to abuse cube's ability to force switches and help dos sweep. the team performs nicely but just watch out for specific stallbreakers, most notably mega sableye, haxorus, and mew. sd tflame is a threat too so rocky helmet hippowdon is an option while also shuffling more damage to lopunny. hope you have fun n_n

iSuicune
or (
/
)
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 172 SpD
Impish Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Protect

EVs: 152 HP / 4 Def / 100 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Icy Wind
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off
i had a lot of trouble with this core and had talks with Ice Lunch, asdfCookie, and bludz. none of the suggestions or mine really brought myself to a conclusion on how i'm gonna build around crawdaunt because your core restrained me to mega charizard x which gave me no flexibility in my mega slot. mainly crawdaunt has peak performance with mega manectric and mega scizor and not being able to use those two sucked. a more offensive build was ideal. tornadus-t brings crawdaunt in to wreck havoc and checks a bunch of stuff like serperior which will steamroll through the core. with latios i have a keldeo check and defog support. it also brings in steels for zardx to abuse. hippowdon was added because i needed rocks and an electric check outside of zardx which is actually rather frail on sdef. ferrothorn checks gyara and gives me something to switchin on meteors and dd m-alt. it also provdes spikes for daunt, latios, torn-t, and zardx all to abuse. the team is very straight forward. crawdaunt is used to suffice your creativity but the team will work much better with keldeo > crawdaunt swimply because it is bulkier and provides a bisharp and more solid weavile check. azumarill can also be used over crawdaunt and can sweep with belly drum + hazard support. icy wind is on torn-t for luring chomp to help crawdaunt but if you're using keldeo, you don't need it and can use superpower or something. enjoy ^.^
Hey vertex, thanks a lot for the great team and sorry for restricting you so much. I'll definitely try keldeo over crawdaunt since it seems like an overall great buff to the team. Thanks to you and rob, I've gotten to the mid ladder of OU with a really nice 85 GXE. Hoping to continue climbing.

Anyway, I hope it's okay if I post another request. I usually build my own teams but this is a core I've been struggling with for some time.

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Knock Off/Encore

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 56 HP / 16 Atk / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Rash Nature
- Rock Polish
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]

or

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]

I stole this core from the good cores thread and thought it was pretty cool since diancie seems especially good right now with all the tank chomps and weaviles running around. Zam is also especially good being able to deal with offense with its high speed and break balance when equipped with a life orb. I'm unsure as to whether this is a viable suggestion but I've heard some talk abuot a max attack diancie and I wanna try it out. Seems like it can deal huge damage to usual diancie switch ins like scizor and heatran and even chansey. If this doesn't seem/isn't good, then just go with the typical diancie set. Can even be protect+3 attacks. Feel free to change the sets and moves, etc and thanks in advance.

BlazingFlareon

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

Excadrill @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Knock Off
- Thunder Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 32 Atk / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Rash Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Rock Polish

The core was threatened by the likes M-CharizardX, M-Lopunny, Weavile, M-Metagross and pretty much any physically oriented threat there is, so I added Suicune as my check to them, also functioned as a decent Keldeo switch-in. Garchomp was added as my secondary blanket check to these threats as well as my hazard setter. At this point, it was pretty clear that M-Manectric was going to run over this team with ease so I added ScarfTar as my check to it as well as a much needed Latios switch-in, also helped me in Pursuit-trapping mons like Starmie, Raikou and doing decent damage to the likes of M-Gardevoir and revenging threats like Volcarona. M-Altaria was a problem now so I added something to take advantage of the sand as well as add hazard control in Excadrill which solved my problems in revenge-killing a +1 M-Altaria and M-CharizardX. Threats to the team definitely include: M-Manectric+Weavile(especially Low Kick variants), M-Altaria, M-CharizardX, and pokemon like Amoonguss and Slowbro can be annoying to switch into.

Grand Mole (Excadrill) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

Scotti (Tyranitar) @ Chople Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

Raina (Altaria) (F) @ Altarianite
Ability: Cloud Nine
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 96 SpD / 28 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Return
- Heal Bell
Hello, I was wondering it its possible if you all can build a Sand offense team around Bulky DDance Altaria-M. I been having diffuculties building a sand around it that can handle pokes like Mega Venusair, Ferrothorn, Breloom( Really want to make sure that I dont have to sack a poke to sleep fodder to deal with taht when it leads), Hippowdon and Skarmory. The sets for Tyranitar and excadrill doesnt have to be specific but I would very much would like this Altaria set on the team if you do accept the request. Thank you for your time and have a nice day.

Coming back for round 2

if possible, i'd like an Offense/HYPER OFFENSE team built around this core:

(
if you prefer manec with weavile)

these 2 wreck worlds. i think weavile is such an excellent late game sweeper, and alakazam's speed and spatk force so many switches. Alakazam can also wear down bulky threats that wall weavile, and vice versa for weavile. really interested to see what you guys can do with this. AV Azu can threaten this core so please be mindful of that. Also not that hazard removal might be important because these 2 are very frail and wont be able to switch in too much. beause these 2 force switches so much, you can probably take advantage

Alakazam (M) @ Alakazite
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Encore

Weavile (F) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch
- Low Kick
- Ice Shard

the weavile + manec core is one i saw from the good cores thread:
So, here's a core of mine bludz told me to post.

Offensive Core: Mega-Manectric + Weavile

All right, so both Mega-Manectric and Weavile are quite anti-meta at the moment. They possess amazing speed tiers and share some great offensive synergy by virtue of their ability to handle a number of each other's checks. Mega-Manectric is checked by common pokemon such as Scarf Lando-T, the Latis, Hippowdon, and Chansey, while Weavile is checked by Waters (Keldeo and Azumarill) and fat steels (Ferrothorn, Scizor, and Skarmory). As you can see, Weavile beats pretty much all of Mane's checks, and Mane beats most of Weavile's checks, so they form a solid offensive core. The core fits well on offensive teams and appreciates hazard removal - offensive Starmie in particular is a great partner - other good partners would include secondary answers to the things Mane can't always quite handle on its own, stuff like Talonflame and Azu. The core can also thrive on hazard stacking teams because of the number of switches each mon forces and the fact that they can take out most hazards removers with ease bar Excadrill - offensive Tspikes Dragalge is a good partner for hazard stacking and Azu is a good partner to revenge Excadrill.

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower / Overheat

Last edited:

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Requesting a team around the core of Infernape + Weavile. Saw this posted in my cores thread and I was really intrigued with the potential of this core, just c/ping sets and descriptions from the post from the thread.
+

Infernape @ Life Orb
EVs: 100 Atk / 156 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Fire Blast
- Close Combat
- Gunk Shot
- Grass Knot

OR

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Gunk Shot
- U-Turn

Weavile @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit

Infernape's best counters are Psychic-types like Latios, Latias, Starmie, Slowking, Mew, Reuiniclus, etc. Weavile can Pursuit trap all of these once given a free switch in to them. Weavile can also, unlike most other Pursuit trappers, check Garchomp, Landorus-T and Gliscor, 3 of the best checks to Infernape. Weavile can also revenge kill Tornadus-T and Dragonite, 2 other annoying Pokemon for Infernape.

In return, Infernape easily deals with the Steel types that can annoy Weavile suck as Scizor, Bisharp, Ferrothorn, and Heatran. Additionally, Infernape can lure unsuspecting Azumarill and Clefable which can't take Gunk Shot at all. If it's MixApe, it also lures other bulky waters like Quagsire, Suicune, Gastrodon, and Alomomola thanks to Grass Knot. If running a Choice Scarf, it can bait in Psychic types with U-Turn and make it much easier for Weavile to trap them without needing to sack something (you can use U-Turn on the LO set too but it's obviously not as good).

This core obviously requires a switchin to Water, Fighting and Ground moves in general. Specifically, it demands a check to Keldeo and Manaphy, so Latios and Starmie are pretty obvious partners, especially since Weavile really appreciates the hazard removal they provide. The core is also super weak to Talonflame for obvious reasons, so Rotom-W is a pretty great partner as well, and can provide slow pivoting for both members of the core. Sableye is kind of a pain for the core too so you want a counter to that as well.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Requesting a team around the core of Infernape + Weavile. Saw this posted in my cores thread and I was really intrigued with the potential of this core, just c/ping sets and descriptions from the post from the thread.
+

Infernape @ Life Orb
EVs: 100 Atk / 156 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Fire Blast
- Close Combat
- Gunk Shot
- Grass Knot

OR

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Gunk Shot
- U-Turn

Weavile @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit

Infernape's best counters are Psychic-types like Latios, Latias, Starmie, Slowking, Mew, Reuiniclus, etc. Weavile can Pursuit trap all of these once given a free switch in to them. Weavile can also, unlike most other Pursuit trappers, check Garchomp, Landorus-T and Gliscor, 3 of the best checks to Infernape. Weavile can also revenge kill Tornadus-T and Dragonite, 2 other annoying Pokemon for Infernape.

In return, Infernape easily deals with the Steel types that can annoy Weavile suck as Scizor, Bisharp, Ferrothorn, and Heatran. Additionally, Infernape can lure unsuspecting Azumarill and Clefable which can't take Gunk Shot at all. If it's MixApe, it also lures other bulky waters like Quagsire, Suicune, Gastrodon, and Alomomola thanks to Grass Knot. If running a Choice Scarf, it can bait in Psychic types with U-Turn and make it much easier for Weavile to trap them without needing to sack something (you can use U-Turn on the LO set too but it's obviously not as good).

This core obviously requires a switchin to Water, Fighting and Ground moves in general. Specifically, it demands a check to Keldeo and Manaphy, so Latios and Starmie are pretty obvious partners, especially since Weavile really appreciates the hazard removal they provide. The core is also super weak to Talonflame for obvious reasons, so Rotom-W is a pretty great partner as well, and can provide slow pivoting for both members of the core. Sableye is kind of a pain for the core too so you want a counter to that as well.
Ok

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Jolly Nature
- Hammer Arm / Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt
- Meteor Mash
- Pursuit / Ice Punch

Keldeo-Resolute @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Icy Wind
- Calm Mind

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 24 Def / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Clefable @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind / Stealth Rock
- Thunderbolt / Thunder Wave
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled

Ferrothorn @ Shed Shell
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Stealth Rock / Spikes ( If you choose SR on Clef)
- Gyro Ball

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Defog / Surf
- Healing Wish / Roost

I decided go Balance-ish with this simply because is more easier to play, althought the core can offense as well. First thing i've notice is the Mega Gross set that you provide us personally i don't like to much that set specially paired with Keldeo so i remove ice punch for Pursuit this way help to Keldeo get rid of the Lati@s which is the main keldeo switch in, then change EQ for Hammer Arm which hit every single steel in the metagame, but if you don't like the speed drop conserve EQ. Next after the offensive core was decide, i want a solid defensive core so i choose the Clefable + Ferro + Latias, a solid Fairy/steel/dragon core which lay up hazards, hazard control and set up bulky sweeper. The problem with this 5 mons is stallbreaker talonflame could be a pain, so that's why i choose Tbolt on Clef to handle this, because normally you set up one CM and people go to talon to Taunt you so you can bopped with Tbolt and force to switch or heal so you can beat it one v one. And last we lack a bit of speed and Electric immunity so Lando-T fit in the team provide us a revenge killer and intimidate support. At the end of the day the team was pretty generic but realyy solid overall.
Hope the team is your taste Silverwhiteblue enjoy!

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
+
+Pursuit Trapper

This is a core I've tried to build around quite a few times, with limited success. The idea is simple, Manectric functions extremely well vs offense, while Kyurem-B is a nightmare for balanced teams to handle. They also complement each other in removing each other's checks. However Manectric can be checked by Lati@s, while they are common revenge killers of Kyurem so adding a Pursuit trapper to remove this annoyance, particularly in tandem with Manectric's Volt Switch seemed natural. I left the role of Pursuit trapper open to give a little more freedom for building, and because I'm honestly not sure which is best suited for this build, I've tried building with Ttar, Bisharp and Weavile and none have been that much impressive over the others, although Weavile stacking weaknesses with Kyurem probably makes it less of an option. Manec set is standard Thunderbolt / Volt Switch / Hidden Power Ice / Flamethrower or Overheat while Kyurem is LO to break balance, but the coverage / utility is up to you! Obviously you'll need hazards+removal, as well as potentially a defensive backbone if you choose to go the balance route. I hope you select this core, and if you do, I look forward to seeing what you do with it! Great thread btw

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Roost

Change Kyurem set to fit the team if needed, altho I would like it to stay LO if possible

+
+Pursuit Trapper

This is a core I've tried to build around quite a few times, with limited success. The idea is simple, Manectric functions extremely well vs offense, while Kyurem-B is a nightmare for balanced teams to handle. They also complement each other in removing each other's checks. However Manectric can be checked by Lati@s, while they are common revenge killers of Kyurem so adding a Pursuit trapper to remove this annoyance, particularly in tandem with Manectric's Volt Switch seemed natural. I left the role of Pursuit trapper open to give a little more freedom for building, and because I'm honestly not sure which is best suited for this build, I've tried building with Ttar, Bisharp and Weavile and none have been that much impressive over the others, although Weavile stacking weaknesses with Kyurem probably makes it less of an option. Manec set is standard Thunderbolt / Volt Switch / Hidden Power Ice / Flamethrower or Overheat while Kyurem is LO to break balance, but the coverage / utility is up to you! Obviously you'll need hazards+removal, as well as potentially a defensive backbone if you choose to go the balance route. I hope you select this core, and if you do, I look forward to seeing what you do with it! Great thread btw

Manectric @ Manectite
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Roost

Change Kyurem set to fit the team if needed, altho I would like it to stay LO if possible
I'll do this

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Thunderorange

I really like sub salac chomp rn. Everyone and their mother expects Dtail Bulky Chomp, which makes setting up on shit like Mew that try to wisp you easy or KOing Kyurem-B that think they outspeed you. Togekiss is a mon I can never seem to get to work (I've tried, I have like a dozen teams with it), but everything about it looks amazing. They form an interesting duo, with Toge switching in on most bulky waters bar Rotom, which chomp sets up on anyway. I thought Manectric would be cool here because it also appreciates ground types being worn down and gives free switches for the rest of the team to take advantage of using Volt Switch. It also somewhat checks Scizor for Togekiss. Slowbro stops Excadrill and Zard X from destroying the team, and all the setup mons appreciate the thunder wave support. Needed rocks and a Lati check and didn't want to use Ttar so I went with jirachi. more para support and possible wish support is great. Keldeo checks weavile and scizor, while also taking advantage of the para support and I've also noticed that SubCM does very well in this meta so I wanted to try it. Biggest threats would be Gengar and Bisharp, so keep Keldeo healthy!

Garchomp @ Salac Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Aura Sphere
- Nasty Plot
- Roost

Manectric @ Manectite
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower
- Volt Switch

Slowbro @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 2 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Slack Off
- Fire Blast

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Body Slam
- Iron Head
- Wish
- Stealth Rock

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Calm Mind
- Substitute

looiiyut

GIOVANE AUTISMOTTA
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi guys! Could you build a team around BD Chesnaught + Tornadus-T? I made a team around this pokemon with limited succes.

Chesnaught @ Salac Berry
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 12 HP / 244 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Drain Punch
- Substitute
- Belly Drum

BD Chesnaught is an underrated threat imo and it is able to set up on some of the more common OU pokemon such as Mega Sableye, Rotom-W, Landorous-T or Hippowdon (no whirlwind)
Do you think that bulletproof can be a good solution over overgrow?

EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Filler
- Filler

I think that Torn-t is a good partner to BD Ches because rotom-w and hippo are common switch in and thanks to u-turn I can pivoting on Chesnaught. Torn-t can handle pokemon such as mega venu, celebi or mega pinsir which can wall chesnaught set.
Thanks guys.

Last edited:
Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Atk / 200 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Toxic
- Fire Punch
- Substitute

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpA / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Earthquake
- Synthesis

I would like a bulky offensive team based of this core. The sets are simple besides maybe Jirachi. 252 Hp for the subs, 200 speed to outspeed standard LO Kyruem-Black, and then the rest in attack. Earth on Venusaur is to get those heatrans that come in.

Hey y'all, please could I request that you build some amazing teams around the following cores/concepts, since I'm an excellent player but a mediocre teambuilder

Dragon Dance Mega Altaria & Magnezone

bulky Dual screens offense ft. Espeon @ light clay Dual screens, yawn, baton pass and Klefki @ light clay dual screens, twave, spikes. I did create a team that peaked in the top 10 of the OU ladder with these two - Klefki, espeon, DD lum dragonite, SD mega pinsir, SD glasses bisharp, BD Azumarill This team had excellent defensive and offensive synergy, with dragonite and Klefki for example resisting or being immune to all of each other's weaknesses. And the sweepers being able to set up all over each other's checks and counters - ie. BD azu setting up on weavile, mamoswine, char x, scarf chomp, etc. that came in to revenge a rampaging DNite and Keldeo, Conk etc which stop Bisharp. likewise dragonite could set up on fire and ground types that Klefki lured in, ie. Gliscor, heatran, volcarona etc. and Klefki discourages Pokemon like mega gardevoir, weavile, sylveon from entering the battle which dragonite couldn't set up against. Bisharp was there to punish opponents defogging away my hazards and screens and punish intimidate users like Mega manectric, lando t etc. Mega pinsir was chosen because it's one of the most lethal set up sweepers after 1 turn in the meta, Espeon near guaranteed no stealth rocks being on my side of the field, and it could set up on the fighting type and ground type Pokemon used to counter bisharp. Notice all 4 sweepers have strong bulk and a decent defensive typing which allows them to set up and sweep even without screens, should all go tits up. The team was priority heavy with dragonites espeed, bisharps sucker punch, azumarills Aqua jet and mega pinsirs quick attack which helped to mitigate the teams relatively slow nature, and klefkis Thunder wave was both a counter measure to opponents trying to sweep me and enabled some haxy set up opportunities.

The team had problems with Thundurus, though I did defeat many teams using it, and skarm to a degree, and it lacked stealth rock, which I understand could be remedied by using Azelf over espeon, but espeon prevents hazards, crucial for op Pokemon like multiscale DNite and mega pinsir to improve their chance of a set up and sweep, gained momentum with yawn and baton pass, is immune to status and taunt, and Azelf had 4 MSS, wanting all of explosion, taunt, SR and dual screens.

Please create a dual screens team based around ds Klefki and ds espeon, ds Latias/os or Azelf over espeon if you prefer and some combination of DD gyarados/mega gyarados, SD talonflame, SS cloyster, DD Haxorus, DD dragonite, SD weavile, SD mega scizor, SD mega pinsir, DD Char X, Nasty plot Thundurus, sd bisharp, any shell smasher, DD mega tar,anything else you wish, basically any of the most lethal set up sweepers in the tier

And a team based around making Mega slowbro an undefeatable tank with the moveset: calm mind, rest, scald, sleep talk/psyshock.

Thank you

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)