Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]

The initial core of Ttar-Drill-Alt was weak to Weavile and Bisharp, so I slapped LO RestTalk Keldeo on to combat the two pretty reliably. You mentioned smth about not wanting to have to sleep fodder a 'Mon to Loom so Keld is your pony for that job. Lando-T was the next addition since the team at this point got destroyed by opposing sand. Finally, Scarf Magnezone was added to trap steels for both mono-attacking Altaria and Excadrill so that they can sweep easier. Now let's get into the fun stuff. At first I took your Chople Tar and rolled with it, but I really wanted to use Band because that helped in beating down nuisances like Mega Venusaur and Rotom-W, as well as OHKOing the stall playstyle and the every playstyle. So I made it band, though that opened up weaknesess to Gengar and Mega Zam. I was like yooo what do I do-- then it came to me: SDef Lando-T. The set you see before you is actually cash: it snacks on Gengar and Zam's attacks (both 3HKO after rox; Icy Wind dun kill). 2ez. Went with Knock Off to remove Shed Shells as well as OHKO Gengar; and U-turn for that cool VoltTurn with Zone + to safely bring in the threats, BandTar and Keldeo, for some quick kills. P funny that Lando-t also counters M-Diancie haha. Decided Refresh>Heal Bell on Alt cause 8 PP looks like it'll just finish on me. I wanted Adamant Exca but since Lando-T is Careful, it isn't the best of sand checks, so Jolly Exca was safer especially if it came down to an Exca vs Exca match up. An alternate version is to keep Chople Tar and run SD Lando-T (I'd keep Knock Off personally) to soften M-Venu and Hippo, while still being able to counteract damn Gengar and damn M-Zam. Magneton over Zone is a fair option since Weavile is always rude and outspeeding it is nice, but I prefer the added bulk Zone offers. Enjoy n_n

Edit: threw in a replay so yall could see how the team works

Last edited:
Terry24

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Ice Punch

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 96 SpD / 28 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Roost
- Refresh

Keldeo-Resolute @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 244 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]

The initial core of Ttar-Drill-Alt was weak to Weavile and Bisharp, so I slapped LO RestTalk Keldeo on to combat the two pretty reliably. You mentioned smth about not wanting to have to sleep fodder smth to Loom so Keld is your pony for that job. Lando-T was the next addition since the team at this point got destroyed by opposing sand. Finally, Scarf Magnezone was added to trap steels for both mono-attacking Altaria and Excadrill so that they can sweep easier. Now let's get into the fun stuff. At first I took your Chople Tar and rolled with it, but I really wanted to use Band because that helped in beating down nuisances like Mega Venusaur and Rotom-W, as well as OHKOing the stall playstyle and the every playstyle. So I made it band, though that opened up weaknesess to Gengar and Mega Zam. I was like yooo what do I do-- then it came to me: SDef Lando-T. The set you see before you is actually cash; it snacks on Gengar and Zam (both 3HKO after rox; Icy Wind dun kill) 2ez. Went with Knock Off to remove Shed Shells for Mag as well as OHKO Gengar; and U-turn, which forms a nice VoltTurn with Mag, and lets me safely bring in BandTar and Keldeo for them to go ham. P funny that Lando-t also counters M-Diancie haha. Decided Refresh>Heal Bell on Alt cause 8 PP looks like it'll just finish on me. I wanted Adamant Exca but since Lando-T is Careful, it isn't the best of sand checks, so Jolly Exca was safe if it came down to the Exca vs Exca match up. An alternate version is to keep Chople Tar and run SD Lando-T (I'd keep Knock Off personally) to soften M-Venu and Hippo, while still being able to counteract damn Gengar and damn M-Zam. Magneton over Zone is fair too cuz Weavile is always rude, but I prefer bulkier Zone. Enjoy n_n
Wow you did alot. Thanks again man cant wait to test it.

looiiyut

GIOVANE AUTISMOTTA
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Focus Blast

Chesnaught @ Salac Berry
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 12 HP / 244 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Drain Punch
- Substitute
- Belly Drum

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Power-Up Punch
- Play Rough

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 72 HP / 216 Atk / 220 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost
- Dragon Dance

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 12 Def / 244 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Gyro Ball
- Volt Switch / Toxic

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off

Hey looiiyut here the team i made based on your core, I never build one team around BD Chess that's why this core seem very fun to me. First thing after reeding your post come to my mind ZardX because benefics with BD Chess baiting Hippo/Tank Chomp so this way you can put a lot of pressure on the Physical wall of your opponent; Jolly Zard with enough speed to outspeed Scarf Kyub after +1. Zard X also can deal with clefable because if you look out the team seems like a problem although isn't enough so i look a pokemon that can lay up hazards and control it so i add Forretress also a fairy check and slow volt switch completing the volt-turn core. Chess is so weak even a +6 that need hazards support to secure some HKO so next thing was rocks + bird check and Hippo was the way i choose, you can go Sand stream if you feel weak to weather but sand force it's ok too. And last i need a second water resist since Chess is offensive so i add AV azu completing this way both of the most common cores Fairy/Steel/Dragon and Fire/Water/Grass, also i like PuP to deal to extend with CM Clef so you can PuP and then spam Play rough. The team isn't perfect so i think it could be better if you think about this alternatively.
The Alternative way of this team is put LO Stallbreaker Torn-T to deal with CM mega bro wich is the biggest problem of this team if chess isn't capable to set up, another option is put Toxic on Forretress and sacrifice momentum with vol switch
Tornadus-Therian @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 96 Atk / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Taunt
Hope you like this team enjoy !!
Hey DennisEG, thank you so much for the team. I'm climbing the ladder so fast from 1500 to 1700. I'm using the LO stalbreaker Torn-t version. I've never used foretress before but It seems good for this team. I'm glad to see that you find this core interesting and fun.
Do you think that bulletproof>overgrow can be a good solution? I can setup on tentacruel for example. Here one replay http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-248578367
Amazing team, thanks!

Last edited:

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
So teambuilding shop is closed already told guys that if you post a core for teambuilding while the thread is closed it's going to be omitted and not included in OP. This is a heads up / reminder to read the title of the thread basically.

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey DennisEG, thank you so much for the team. I'm climbing the ladder so fast from 1500 to 1700. I'm using the LO stalbreaker Torn-t version. I've never used foretress before but It seems good for this team. I'm glad to see that you find this core interesting and fun.
Do you think that bulletproof>overgrow can be a good solution? I can setup on tentacruel for example. Here one replay http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-248578367
Amazing team, thanks!
personally i think both options are good, overgrow + BD + Sub give you automatic boost on grass types but Dpunch recover negate overgrow so become useless, in the other side Bulletproof allow you to set up on Ferros (immunity to gyro ball due to Bulletproof), tenta, etc. I really think bulletproof is more useful than Overgrow in this team because with hazards support you dont really need the extra overgrow power

B.M.F (Pidgeot) @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Keen Eye
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Heat Wave
- Roost

stay schemin' (Celebi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 88 SpD / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Baton Pass
- Giga Drain
- Nasty Plot

thug cry (Excadrill) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide

aston martin music (Clefable) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind
- Fire Blast

hood billionaire (Heatran) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Stone Edge
- Taunt

100 black coffins (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

GotR here's the m-pidgeot + bp celebi team. In the previous thread I built an offensive sand team around the core that would only have one or two opportunities to pass the boost, preferably early game to open things up for Excadrill. This time I chose a balanced approach, with enough team support that could provide many chances to pass Pidgeot, Keldeo, or even Clefable a boost. I went with Air Balloon Excadrill because the team needed hazard support + an electric resist, and a fairy resist. I would have forgone the fairy resist and thrown Latios or Latias here but I didn't want the team to be weak to Bisharp, or any other dark type. Plus with Excadrill, Rotom-W isn't such a nuisance. I was concerned about having only 1 ground immunity so I threw in Air Balloon over a Life Orb or Choice Scarf, but either could work over Air Balloon if you want to add them. A Choice Scarf would allow it to revenge ko speedy mon's like Manectric and Lopunny and Life Orb gives it amazin' power. Next was Clefable, again I was concerned with dark + fighting types, mainly Lopunny and Weavile so Clefable was definitely going to be thrown on the team. Plus it provides the team with an emergency wincon with CM. Next I needed something that could beat steel types (most importantly Bisharp + Scizor), check flying types, and set stealth rock at the same time, so 200+ Spe Heatran was added. It has great synergy with both Clefable and Celebi because of its ability to resist most of their weaknesses. The last pokemon was originally choice specs Keldeo. The team needs a strong fighting type to break things like ferrothorn and heatran. M00ns suggested Expert Belt > Choice Specs to take better advantage of a potential nasty plot boost, he also suggested HP Bug > Icy Wind to destroy Latios, Latias, and Celebi, the most common Keldeo switchins. I didn't think the suggestion was bad so I added it over Choice Specs. The team and the nicknames are inspired by the boss, Rick Ross.

Yagura

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Close Combat
- Feint
- Swords Dance

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpD
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Bug]

Kyurem-Black @ Assault Vest
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 216 HP / 252 SpA / 40 Spe
Quiet Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Ferrothorn @ Chople Berry
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 172 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Protect
i had some fun building with this because i haven't used this core since mid-xy. lots of people say scarf excadrill doesn't work anymore, but lots of teams use latis and rotom-w for their common ground immunities leaving just a few 'mons to take care of. playing mega pinsir wrecklessly is the best method of play against offense and balance and it should be used to weaken landorus-t for example which helps clear one threat away from an excadrill sweep. swords dance rarely comes to use tbh but it is useful against fatter teams, so you could keep it i guess. adamant is the preferred nature because landorus is banned and no one really uses max speed garchomp anymore. it also allows you to use feint which nails talonflame and weavile at +2 while completely shitting on fat squads (use mega pinsir as win condition v. these btw). keldeo-r provides a bisharp and weavile check and combats fire-types such as heatran. keldeo-r should be used to spread burns early game and spam hydro pump mid game. you can also abuse a double switch to bring mega pinsir in to wreck things because common switch-ins will include tangrowth, mega venusaur, celebi, amoonguss, serperior, and azumarill. assault vest kyurem-b is the lord and is an excellent anti-lead that punishes people leading with the common raikou, rotom-w, garchomp, landorus-t, and hippowdon, while checking a sizable chunk of the specially based metagame. by using hidden power [fire], you lure in mega scizor and ferrothorn which makes mega pinsir and excadrill's jobs much easier. kyurem-b will more than likely be used early game to break holes. latias provides healing wish support and secondary hazard removal because excadrill can be rather unreliable at times and/or set-up bait to dangerous sweepers. it also checks keldeo which would otherwise freely spam its dual stabs. stealth rock support is mandatory for almost every team and i needed something that could switch consistently into latios, check opposing kyurem-b which have been rising in usage, and excadrill. ferrothorn was the perfect candidate and not only can it use leech seed, ferrothorn's common switch-ins are oppurtunities for av kyurem-b to come in and leech seed adds hp to keep up its longevity! this team struggles against mega metagross, so i added chople berry to ferrothorn to take 2 hammer arms and leech seed most of its health away in addition to iron barbs. it also lets you nail mega lopunny with gyro ball which is a huge threat to the team and chople somewhat alleviates it. life orb tornadus-t is another threat that this team is going to be having trouble with, so make sure to keep latias alive so it can revive kyurem-b to full health when needed. talonflame is annoying so keep excadrill healthy and against balance teams that use specially defensive stallbreaker talonflame, once again conserve latias's healing wish for kyurem-b and make mega pinsir your win condition because these squads will be fatter. hope you like the team and you can take a quick peak of it in play in this replay and this one as well. :toast:
Thanks a lot man! The team seems very solid and it's very well built, I also love the amount of helpful information that you included in the post and that will allow me, along with other newish users, to use the team as successfully as possible, I'll surely try it out as soon as possible! :)

AsIWroteToThePaper (sorry this took a little while... vacation and shit :p)

Landorus-Therian @ Soft Sand
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

Scolipede @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake
- Protect

Magneton @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Keldeo-Resolute @ Mystic Water
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Cloud Nine
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Atk / 76 Def / 100 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Heal Bell
- Roost

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Crunch
This was a cute little core to build around for the most part. When I originally started with this, I wanted to build Wobboffense, but AM talked me out of it + replaced Garchomp (from the rough draft) with Landorus-T, which lead to me changing the whole team up. Anyways, lets get into the sets and stuff here. On Landorus-T, offensive Stealth Rock was definitely the best choice for that utility. From there, Soft Sand + SD provides a nice offensive breaker with EdgeQuake coverage, and the 72 HP gives nice bulk for common threats to HO like Talonflame and Mega Lopunny. On Keldeo, I decided to go with Mystic Water > Specs/EBelt; this allows you to bluff a Choice'd set, and it provides a less situational boost than Expert Belt. I'd say Mystic Water and Expert Belt are rather interchangeable here, but you could run Specs if you feel it'd be better here. On Mega Altaria, I didn't want to go with the offensive spread, but I also didn't like the DDD spread on this team. To fix this issue, I used a spread that kinda gets the best of both worlds. This set provides enough general bulk for Alt, and enough speed to outspeed base 115s (Raikou, Starmie) after a Dragon Dance. Finally, I needed a wallbreaker that didn't totally suck against offense + had solid synergy with this team, and Gatr was the best option. Adamant nature gives him more immediate power than Jolly, and Dragon Dance makes sure he doesn't do 0 against offense.

Threats to this team are pretty run of the mill: Scarf Kyurem-B causes a lot of issues, and Mega Gardevoir has 0 switch-ins here; you really have to rely on Revenge Killing these two. Mega Lopunny causes a lot of issues when Lando-T is gone, but you can play around it nicely with Gatr/Keld (Ice resist) + Alt + Lando. Talon is checked by Magneton, countered by Lando-T, and it can't do too much to Alt/Gatr after they get a DD up. Finally, Manectric can also be a bit of a pain; Scolipede offensively checks it, and Mega Altaria avoids the 2HKO, meaning it can a.) set up in Mane's face or b.) 2HKO it with Return (most likely).

I personally don't like Magneton that much. It usually ends up being not so useful, but it helps with Torn-T, so that's nice. Nonetheless I'm happy with this build, and I hope you enjoy it too! I see you around OU/CT on PS! all the time, so feel free to PM me on here or there if you have any questions/concerns about this team n_n

Also, special thanks to TheLaughingCats for talking me into Keld + Mega Altaria > Azumarill when I was restarting the build :)

edit: i'm tired and i forgot the importable

AsIWroteToThePaper (sorry this took a little while... vacation and shit :p)

Landorus-Therian @ Soft Sand
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

Scolipede @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake
- Protect

Magneton @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Keldeo-Resolute @ Mystic Water
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Cloud Nine
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Atk / 76 Def / 100 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Heal Bell
- Roost

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Crunch
This was a cute little core to build around for the most part. When I originally started with this, I wanted to build Wobboffense, but AM talked me out of it + replaced Garchomp (from the rough draft) with Landorus-T, which lead to me changing the whole team up. Anyways, lets get into the sets and stuff here. On Landorus-T, offensive Stealth Rock was definitely the best choice for that utility. From there, Soft Sand + SD provides a nice offensive breaker with EdgeQuake coverage, and the 72 HP gives nice bulk for common threats to HO like Talonflame and Mega Lopunny. On Keldeo, I decided to go with Mystic Water > Specs/EBelt; this allows you to bluff a Choice'd set, and it provides a less situational boost than Expert Belt. I'd say Mystic Water and Expert Belt are rather interchangeable here, but you could run Specs if you feel it'd be better here. On Mega Altaria, I didn't want to go with the offensive spread, but I also didn't like the DDD spread on this team. To fix this issue, I used a spread that kinda gets the best of both worlds. This set provides enough general bulk for Alt, and enough speed to outspeed base 115s (Raikou, Starmie) after a Dragon Dance. Finally, I needed a wallbreaker that didn't totally suck against offense + had solid synergy with this team, and Gatr was the best option. Adamant nature gives him more immediate power than Jolly, and Dragon Dance makes sure he doesn't do 0 against offense.

Threats to this team are pretty run of the mill: Scarf Kyurem-B causes a lot of issues, and Mega Gardevoir has 0 switch-ins here; you really have to rely on Revenge Killing these two. Mega Lopunny causes a lot of issues when Lando-T is gone, but you can play around it nicely with Gatr/Keld (Ice resist) + Alt + Lando. Talon is checked by Magneton, countered by Lando-T, and it can't do too much to Alt/Gatr after they get a DD up. Finally, Manectric can also be a bit of a pain; Scolipede offensively checks it, and Mega Altaria avoids the 2HKO, meaning it can a.) set up in Mane's face or b.) 2HKO it with Return (most likely).

I personally don't like Magneton that much. It usually ends up being not so useful, but it helps with Torn-T, so that's nice. Nonetheless I'm happy with this build, and I hope you enjoy it too! I see you around OU/CT on PS! all the time, so feel free to PM me on here or there if you have any questions/concerns about this team n_n

Also, special thanks to TheLaughingCats for talking me into Keld + Mega Altaria > Azumarill when I was restarting the build :)

edit: i'm tired and i forgot the importable
Thanks man for your time, I'll test out the team. Looks great! :)

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
ShadowGuy1

I've never been a big fan of EQ Venusaur, but the core looks like it can use it well on paper so I figured I would give it a shot. See, the issue for me is that while the other two members of the core can beat Ferrothorn, neither of them can switch into Ferro, and one of the biggest selling points of Venu is its ability to counter Ferro. But I digress, the core really appreciates Heatran being lured so I guess it works. I chose Rotom-W because it handles birds and ground mons like Lando-T, which can be annoying. Latios provides Defog support and a Zard Y check. I went with Tbolt because I wanted to lure SDef Skarm as well. Finally, as Subject 18 knows, I often forget SR on my teams, but not this time! Hippo checks Zard X, which runs through the team otherwise. It provides SR support and a secondary check to stuff like Lopunny and Metagross. Biggest threats to the team are like Weavile and Kyurem-B but they are manageable with adequate offensive pressure.

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Atk / 200 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
- Substitute
- Toxic

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 24 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Earthquake
- Synthesis

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Defog

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off

The title says that the thread is open, but the "status"in the first page says that the thread is closed.So, is it opened or closed?

I've been trying to build a team with Weavile and Mega Heracross for a while now but I always come up short. As such I would love to see what you guys can do with these two!

Here are the sets I've been using but feel free to change them to your liking.

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Ice Shard

I'm using pursuit Weavile to trap and kill fast psychic types that trouble Heracross such as Alakazam, Starmie and Latios/Latias. Weavile also acts as a lategame cleaner once Heracross has weakened pokemon like Rotom-W, Ferrothorn, Clefable and Heatran. Weavile kills Landorus-T and rocky helmet Garchomps that otherwise would annoy Heracross.

Heracross @ Heracronite
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Swords Dance

Swords dance Heracross wallbreaks for Weavile, allowing it to sweep lategame. Pretty much nothing walls this at +2 except unaware Clefable and Quagsire which I've had some trouble with. Talonflame is also a major pain in the ass to this core.

Last edited:

Heracross @ Heracronite
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Swords Dance/Substitute

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

I really like Heracross, it's an amazing wallbreaker but I find it quite hard to build a team around him.
I think that rotom-wash works well with heracross.Rotom can help heracross against fire and flying types like talonflame or heatran, while heracross can break trough special walls like chansey or ferrothorn that annoy rotom.
It would be nice if someone could build a balanced team around this core.If you think that rotom doesn't fit the core very well I don't mind it being removed, take your time to build the team.Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:

TheEnder

a petal in the wind
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
iSuicune

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 244 SpD
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Spikes

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 20 Atk / 236 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earth Power
- Protect
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Encore
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Hydro Pump

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psyshock

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw
Life Orb Alakazam + Mega Diancie was a perfect core to build an offenisve team around. I started by adding Rocky Helmet Garchomp with Stealth Rock and Swords Dance; it is a criminally underused and underrated set, being capable of dealing with Pokemon like Bisharp while maintaing offensive pressure. Garchomp also deals with Scizor, a Pokemon which walls both the members of the original core. The next member I added was specially defensive Skamory. Skamory gives he team a way of dealing with Fairy- and Ground-types, such as Clefable, Excadrill, and opposing Mega Diancie. As it stood the team lacked a solid Keldeo answer, as well as a secondary check to set-up sweepers such as Bisharp and Scizor. I decided to go with Hidden Power Fire Latias + Choice Specs Keldeo. Latias with Hidden Power Fire is one of the better lures to Mega Scizor and Ferrothorn, which allows you to run Earth Power on Mega Diancie. I chose Roost > Healing Wish simply becuase Latias is the only resist to Water-types, and between Scald burns and Life Orb recoil it is going to be whittled quickly without any means of recovery. Keldeo is the emergency check to the threats i mentioned above, and is capable of luring Starmie with Hidden Power Electric. In most cases you will be finding yourself leading with either Diancie or Garchomp. I chose to go with Protect over Rock Polish on Diancie to make matchup agaisnt opposing offensive teams a lot easier, becuase Mega Evolving against offense is so hard without Protect. Mega Evolving early on can be almost as important as getting Stealth Rocks, so try to analyse what your opponent might lead with when picking your lead of choice. Thanks to having Keldeo as the emergency check in the back, you can play Garhcomp recklessly, even if the opponent has a Scizor or Bisharp. Use Swords Dance to force out Starmie or weaken stuff like Clefable for the rest of the team to clean up. Alakazam and Mega Diancie excel at cleaning late-game, so preserving one of those is a good idea with this team. Have fun with the team n_n

Hey guys, could I get a Bisharp-mega Gardevoir core?

I swear they really do have great synergy!!! Gallade can take out most of bisharp's checks/counters like conkeldurr, keldeo, and tankchomp to name a few, while Bisharp has no problem with Gengar, jirachi, and you gotta love defiant!

Here are the sets (I don't know how to do the hide thing):

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

There it is:) thanks so much you guys!

Hey guys, could I get a Bisharp-mega Gardevoir core?

I swear they really do have great synergy!!! Gallade can take out most of bisharp's checks/counters like conkeldurr, keldeo, and tankchomp to name a few, while Bisharp has no problem with Gengar, jirachi, and you gotta love defiant!

Here are the sets (I don't know how to do the hide thing):

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

There it is:) thanks so much you guys!
I think that there is a team that has already been built around this core

Politoed @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 164 SpD / 96 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

Not quite a core per se, but I think it should fit within the thread's goals.

I read somewhere on these forums that users of weather-inducing abilities have a weird kind of synergy with each other because the supporting weather inducer minimises the chance of the primary weather inducer switching in on the tail end of their weather and wasting a turn. Support Tyranitar can play quite a few roles that rain teams like—it sets up rocks while taking on quite a few users of Defog and Rapid Spin, and it can remove Ferrothorn and Scizor with Fire Blast and Mega Charizard Y with Stone Edge. (The Chople Berry is to allow it to survive one Focus Blast, which otherwise has a 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock damage, feel free to substitute Leftovers if that's not as necessary as I fear it to be; Fire Blast takes out Ferrothorn and Scizor, but it's another reasonably open slot if something else is a bigger threat.)

Politoed is the main weather inducer for the team; I opted for RestTalk rather than the more standard set with Encore since I would like Tyranitar to be capable of handling Mega Slowbro, but feel free to go for the standard defensive rain inducer set if it works better. I was tempted to include Kabutops, but truth be told I don't really mind what rain abusers are paired with this core.

Last edited:
Ok take two! How about a core of...

The sets are:
Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Dragon Dance

Weavile @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Low Kick

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Basically Altaria is the win condition, and magnezone and Weavile eliminate the threats to MAltaria, by magnet pull or pursuit trapping. It's a familiar core, pretty widely used:)

I like to think that this thread is a reflection of how the meta has adapted around certain competitive archetypes, ex. balance and bulky offense, and displays how high-ladder and even tournament players teambuild as a result. Ketsuban already suggested rain + sand, and I really want to see how that goes, but something I'd like to see is the general state of moves like Future Sight or Doom Desire.

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Fake Out
- Power-Up Punch

OH GOD WHY (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 176 HP / 252 SpA / 80 Spe
Modest Nature
- Doom Desire
- Psychic
- Wish / U-turn
- Protect

I know I've asked for a team before, but this is more for seeing how experienced teambuilders work with 'checkmate-type' moves in this meta, seeing as how things like Future Sight Slowking are rarities in OU.

Jirachi, for the sake of this suggestion, is running Doom Desire. 252+ SpA STAB Doom Desire will just about OHKO every Fairy in the tier bar Klefki, and even that doesn't appreciate eating such a large hit. Psychic is the reliable attack in place for Fighting-types and M-Venu, and is picked over Psyshock because Keldeo still can't stay in on the hit even with boosts, 2HKOs defensive M-Venu (which Psyshock can't), and deals with physically defensive threats like Rotom-W much better. The next moves are up for deliberation, as WishTect lets you scout and heal, U-turn with 108 Speed lets you slip away from Bisharp's Pursuit (but leaves it vulnerable to Sucker Punch), and even HP Ground if Heatran is that much of a pain in the ass. The EVs outside of 252 SpA Modest (which is absolutely necessary for this set to even work) are variable, based on the team built around it.

To best take advantage of Doom Desire, however, is the main point of this core. PuP Lopunny gets the most chances to run away with a lead, hands down. Considering Fairies and some physical walls give it trouble, Doom Desire hangs the threat of an OHKO or a generally heavy hit over their heads, allowing Lopunny to grab a free boost most of the time, making it incredibly hard for things like Hippowdon to repeatedly check it the following turn, especially after hazards like Spikes + Doom Desire + PuP. Its speed is certainly a great selling point, allowing it to outrun a fair number of its offensive checks, and is only made more oppressive by the fact that very few of them, like Talonflame, can even stomach a Doom Desire.

EDIT: Completely forgot to mention - for the sake of information, can the teambuilder who takes this on explain their thoughts on the strengths, weaknesses and overall viability of moves like Doom Desire / Future Sight? It'd help others better analyze when it is and isn't good, and why/where it might have a place in other teams.

Last edited:
Please just disregard the m-scizor + manaphy core i posted a while back*

Looking for a nice hyper offensive team with these 2 mons:

+

just the standard double intimidate core/volt turn core. I wanted landorus to be the earth plate variant with rock polish. It creates a nice late-game wincon if used correctly. Possible partners for this team can include mons that take care of manectric's threats like hippowdon. A nice rock setter should be included of course, and a stallbreaker mon

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Earth Plate
EVs: 24 HP / 232 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Polish / Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Manectric (M) @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Hey guys, the thread looks sick! Anyway I was hoping somebody could build around this:

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Frustration
- High Jump Kick
- Encore

Scolipede @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Endeavor
- Megahorn

The idea is to weaken mons like hippo,slowbro,Unawareclef and fatchomp with T-spikes+spikes so lopunny can just devour everything in the universe. I was SO close to adding SD bisharp to the core but I didn't want to limit anybody to much (it fits in pretty damn well js). Lastly I see encore being a really cool option because with all the hazards up all the fatmons are forced to recover up, then once locked in they are forced to switch out and take another round of hazards.

Thanks guys, Keep up the good work!

Liem sorry for the wait. to make up for it I got 2 teams for you in here :)

on sight (Azelf) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Explosion

black skinhead (Bisharp) @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

new slaves (Weavile) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

hold my liquor (Manectric) @ Manectite
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

guilt trip (Dragonite) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake

bound2 (Wobbuffet) @ Custap Berry
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 52 HP / 232 Def / 224 SpD
Bold Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Encore
- Counter
- Mirror Coat

Okay so this is the main team for your request, and what I did here was kinda revive, tweak, and update a team i made about a month ago. This is mostly based around a core of Weavile (or any other frail setup sweeper) + Manectric + Wobbuffet, which is something I really like for HO. Mane can lower a threat's attack with Intimidate and hit them + switch into Wob with Volt Switch, making Wobbu's job a whole lot easier. In return, Wobbuffet allows shit to set up; this is the basic premise of Wobboffense of course :p. Anyways, onto the team. Bisharp has nice offensive synergy with Weavile by forming a "Darkspam" core. This + both carrying SD allows them to suffocate and overwhelm the opponent. If you'd like, you can run Pursuit on Bisharp/Weavile to better help with Latis (mainly), or you could run Low Kick on Weavile for better coverage. However, I'd definitely keep SD on one of the two. Dragonite was a solid choice because it abuses Wobbu, handles lots of common counters to Bish/Weavile with EQ/Fire Punch (you can run Fire Punch > EQ if needed), it can switch into lots of stuff thanks to Multiscale, and it can absorb a burn in emergency situations thanks to Lum Berry. On the topic of DDance + Wobbu: if you use Wobbu properly and get a Dragon Dance up, you can handle lots of stuff that this team normally doesn't like such as Char-X, Mega Lopunny, and Keldeo. Like I mentioned earlier, Wobbuffet works really nicely with frail setup sweepers, and it appreciates being brought in by Manectric, so it was a pretty solid choice for this team. I really like Wobbuffet/Wobboffense, so I'm pretty biased, but Wobbuffet makes it really easy for Dnite/Weav/Bish to set up, and it eliminates threats with Counter/Mirror Coat/Custap + DBond. Finally, Azelf for suicide lead. Dazzle is for non-specially defensive/invested Mega Sableyes, Explosion puts a dent in something + carries momentum, SR is SR, Taunt is for opposing leads. If you struggle with opposing HO teams, you can run Aerodactyl > Azelf; it outspeeds other leads, but it lacks the coverage Azelf has.

The main threats to this team are Charizard-X, Keldeo, and Mega Lopunny. Wobbu + Manectric's Intimidate definitely alleviate Zard, but it's still a problem for sure. Specs/Ebelt/Mystic Water Keldeo sets aren't much of a problem considering you have Manectric here. CM Keld can be problematic, but you can catch it with Wobbu (leading into setting up with Dragonite). The main annoying Keld set is Scarf, which really relies on being taken care of by Wobbu. Finally, Mega Lopunny is handled decently by Manec + Wobbuffet + boosted Dnite, but it can be problematic if you slip up of course. The thing that really bugs me about this team is that Keldeo weakness, but whenever I tried changing it around more, it'd be weaker to more and more shit sadly :/ sorry about that.

Here's the other team tho:

legend (Azelf) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Explosion

energy (Weavile) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

know yourself (Hawlucha) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Acrobatics

used to (Manaphy) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 88 HP / 252 SpA / 168 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic

company (Manectric) @ Manectite
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

6pm in ny (Wobbuffet) @ Custap Berry
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 52 HP / 232 Def / 224 SpD
Bold Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Encore
- Counter
- Mirror Coat

I'm not gonna go into too much detail on this one because I just kinda decided to throw it in, but tl;dr: same premise as the last one, not as good, BUT this one is a little more enjoyable to use cause Hawlucha IMO. Anyways, 4/6 Pokemon are the same as the other team here sooo... Manaphy take advantage of Wobbu and is able to break stall and balance cores really nicely. Shadow Ball + Psychic + Scald was something I was playing around with because it hits everything in the tier (cepy Hydreigon and Mega Gyarados) neutrally. Eball + HP Fire + Scald would probably be better here, but I haven't really tested cause I was enjoying SBall/Psy/Scald. Hawlucha has nice offensive synergy with Weavile, it takes advantage of Wobbu, it can sweep teams after boosted + behind a Sub, and it's just really enjoyable to use IMO.

This one is weak to the same stuff as before, but not as weak. However, off the top of my head this team struggles a lot with Mega Charizard Y and Scarf/fast Electric types (Raikou, Thundurus, Mega Manectric, Mags). You can check Zard-Y with Mane, and you can check most of those Electric types with Weavile, and of course, Wobbu can help :p

Hope you enjoy these teams man! If you have any questions/concerns about them, feel free to PM me and we can work on 'em n_n

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)