Suggestions for Pokémon Showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to make a suggestion. What if there was a command you type into a chatroom where you can pull up any Pokemon's PokeDex entry and include all generations' entries? I was thinking along the lines of /pe (dex type), (Pokemon name).

For example, if you type in /pe FireRed, Charmander you would get

"Charmander, the Lizard Pokemon. From the time it is born, a flame burns at the tip of its tail. Its life would end if the flame were to go out."

but if you type /pe BW, Charmander, you would get

"Charmander, the Lizard Pokemon. The fire on the tip of its tail is a measure of its life. If healthy, its tail burns intensely."

just a suggestion, I hope it gets considered.
What's the use for this? In what situations is it especially convenient to have this information displayed on-site rather than looking it up on another source?

I have a suggestion that I didn't see elsewhere in this thread, so, here goes.
Would it be possible to implement an "Anything Goes" format for double and triple battles as well as singles?

could there be a more efficient way to clear replays please...

it's incredibly hard to try to go to different servers and do randbats again and again in order to clear replays in case u accidentally save a game that reveals your team for [insert official tour here]. at least some way to deal with this (possible deletion of replay, etc.) would really be appreciated because atm it's a nightmare to do...

I would love to suggest a theme for Satoru Iwata and his recent passing. The Gay Marriage theme has had its time, and people strongly supported a Satoru Iwata theme when I posted in the Showdown Lobby. Thanks for the consideration. It would mean a lot (having met him before.)

Maybe add a highlighted colour trail of where you are on tour brackets, because it can be annoying to find your name/position with all the matches happening in 1 tour...

I was testing an OU team out on the ladder, and got the ORAS Rival Battle Music. I was so happy that you guys had added this that I was pretty much dancing. When I told my friend, he asked me if they had added Zinnia's Battle Music. I said I don't know, but we decided to keep battling to hear the different music options. We eventually got ORAS Trainer Battle Music which was also awesome but no Zinnia's Theme. You may think my suggestion is to add Zinnia's Battle Music, but I think we could go further.

My suggestion is to add the ability to change the battle music before the battle. Probably under the tier selection is where it should go. The options could be all of ORAS's choices for Wi-fi battles and/or anywhere from Gen 1 on. I think this would be amazing; I always feel more focused during a battle with my favorite music playing. Another option (I don't know if this will work) is the ability to put a YouTube link in a little bar and it will play that audio during the battle. I don't know about going that far, but who knows. Thank you for your time to read this; I hope it helps PS be better! ^_^

I was testing an OU team out on the ladder, and got the ORAS Rival Battle Music. I was so happy that you guys had added this that I was pretty much dancing. When I told my friend, he asked me if they had added Zinnia's Battle Music. I said I don't know, but we decided to keep battling to hear the different music options. We eventually got ORAS Trainer Battle Music which was also awesome but no Zinnia's Theme. You may think my suggestion is to add Zinnia's Battle Music, but I think we could go further.

My suggestion is to add the ability to change the battle music before the battle. Probably under the tier selection is where it should go. The options could be all of ORAS's choices for Wi-fi battles and/or anywhere from Gen 1 on. I think this would be amazing; I always feel more focused during a battle with my favorite music playing. Another option (I don't know if this will work) is the ability to put a YouTube link in a little bar and it will play that audio during the battle. I don't know about going that far, but who knows. Thank you for your time to read this; I hope it helps PS be better! ^_^
I'd like to refine the idea of being able to customize the music occurrence by making a menu similar to the music selection one in Super Smash Bros Brawl/4 wherein you can use sliders to adjust the frequency that a particular song is played.

Also as a comment on the YouTube suggestion, PS! doesn't generally like being dependent on the structure of other websites. I'm also pretty sure that would take more clicks to get the link in the box you're suggesting then just playing the song in another tab. Further we are trying to minimize the amount of UI in the battle rooms to make it easier for people on mobile devices to play on them.

I'd like to refine the idea of being able to customize the music occurrence by making a menu similar to the music selection one in Super Smash Bros Brawl/4 wherein you can use sliders to adjust the frequency that a particular song is played.

Also as a comment on the YouTube suggestion, PS! doesn't generally like being dependent on the structure of other websites. I'm also pretty sure that would take more clicks to get the link in the box you're suggesting then just playing the song in another tab. Further we are trying to minimize the amount of UI in the battle rooms to make it easier for people on mobile devices to play on them.
I was thinking of having the music selection be similar to the tier selection. You would just click on the default music, and the options appear though I also like that idea as well.

As for the YouTube link, I understand. I didn't know if it would work anyways. But that's fine, it was just a further suggestion. I still think we should have a Pokemon music selection though.

SpaceBass

☆ALOLA VERA420: FUKK AMOONGUS AND UR MOM
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Searched the thread for 'room intro' and found nothing so will post.

I'm not aware of the reason for the size limit of the room intros being put in, but not all of the room intro being visible can get annoying at times. On another server, when you first enter the room the entire room intro is visible, however, doing !roomintro brings up the smaller sized one with the scroll bar.

Would it be possible to add this onto main server? Alot of good looking room intros have gone to waste due to the size limit additions and I feel it takes away from the effect the room intro is supposed to have.

Hey.

So I think having a "Recents PMs" feature would be something nice to have on PS. Often I see users in chat who have disconnected from Showdown and have not been able to re-contact users they were PMing. In the Wi-Fi room especially this would be a helpful feature, as losing PMs when organising trades / reporting scammers can sometimes have serious consequences to the user.

A "/recentpms" command or similar may be possible, or maybe a button somewhere?

A friendslist would be nice.

Also for some reason I can't find my league chat room after joining yesterday. I search for it and it says it doesn't exist for some reason.

I'd like to suggest a graphically lighter mode to help reduce lag, as well as Rotation Battles!

It has been around the main Pokemon games as long as Triples, after all, and I need to prepare for Circle of Legend.

Searched the thread for 'room intro' and found nothing so will post.

I'm not aware of the reason for the size limit of the room intros being put in, but not all of the room intro being visible can get annoying at times. On another server, when you first enter the room the entire room intro is visible, however, doing !roomintro brings up the smaller sized one with the scroll bar.

Would it be possible to add this onto main server? Alot of good looking room intros have gone to waste due to the size limit additions and I feel it takes away from the effect the room intro is supposed to have.
room intros were cut in height a few months ago since the size was getting out of control in many rooms and to improve visualization on smaller resolution screens so i really don't think we will ever go back to that anytime soon.
I'd like to suggest a graphically lighter mode to help reduce lag, as well as Rotation Battles!

It has been around the main Pokemon games as long as Triples, after all, and I need to prepare for Circle of Legend.
you can disable animations with the gear menu. regarding rotation battles i think they are something that will be added eventually but they are hard to program since they are completely different from any other format and they aren't really high priority

Reisen

Translations Project Creator
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey.

So I think having a "Recents PMs" feature would be something nice to have on PS. Often I see users in chat who have disconnected from Showdown and have not been able to re-contact users they were PMing. In the Wi-Fi room especially this would be a helpful feature, as losing PMs when organising trades / reporting scammers can sometimes have serious consequences to the user.

A "/recentpms" command or similar may be possible, or maybe a button somewhere?
Hello Kangaaroo ,

After a disconnection, the user with who you were talking via private message is probably still present on the room, it is very easy for someone to remember at least the beginning of the username.

In terms of finding a user who had a disconnection but that is no longer on the room, you can use the command /user username or click on the "find a user" button on the left of your ps! homepage.

A friendslist would be nice.

Also for some reason I can't find my league chat room after joining yesterday. I search for it and it says it doesn't exist for some reason.
Hello Murlough ,

Friendlist suggestion has been made several times, this is in the todo list but I don't think this is the priority concerning ps! development.

PieLovesEveryone

Banned deucer.
sorry if this has been suggested, I said this to a friend and he said put it here

Some type of indicator that someone is typing, at least in pm. Maybe like skype's. It'd be nice if you don't know if the other person is writing a long post or waiting for you.

It could also work in chat, by being a small little icon (maybe a pencil) next to a user's name in the user list

Hello Kangaaroo ,

After a disconnection, the user with who you were talking via private message is probably still present on the room, it is very easy for someone to remember at least the beginning of the username.

In terms of finding a user who had a disconnection but that is no longer on the room, you can use the command /user username or click on the "find a user" button on the left of your ps! homepage.

Hello Murlough ,

Friendlist suggestion has been made several times, this is in the todo list but I don't think this is the priority concerning ps! development.
It's not me that is having trouble necessarily, it's just that I quite often see users who are having trouble themselves. Yes, it is usually pretty easy to remember the name of the users you were PMing, but of course not everyone is going to consciously do this. I simply feel it would be a convenient and helpful addition.
sorry if this has been suggested, I said this to a friend and he said put it here

Some type of indicator that someone is typing, at least in pm. Maybe like skype's. It'd be nice if you don't know if the other person is writing a long post or waiting for you.

It could also work in chat, by being a small little icon (maybe a pencil) next to a user's name in the user list
I really like this idea too, and I've even suggested it myself. Unfortunately it was rejected, so I'm not sure how much luck you'll get with this.

The /rank should only show 3 tiers with most games played with an option to expand, no one wants to block the entire screen with all the random tiers s/he has 1 win in

The /rank should only show 3 tiers with most games played with an option to expand, no one wants to block the entire screen with all the random tiers s/he has 1 win in
You can already target the tiers your looking for with " /rank [username], [tier1], [tier2]... ", but this still might be considered.

The Diabolic Gift

Banned deucer.
/forcelogout
Priority: Medium/High
Logs A User With Identical IP offline

Pros:
Solves a Major bug on many servers that occurs when you do not log out which basically dis-activates your current account until a restart. You cannot Speak, says you are typing too fast. Nobody can PM you, if they do it will say the server crashed finally you Cannot Log Out, It will say you are typing too fast, which is resolved by joining another server going on another account and going back. (Your Normal Account still won't work)

Cons:
Local IP, School IP, etc

tehy

Banned deucer.
/forcelogout
Priority: Medium/High
Logs A User With Identical IP offline

Pros:
Solves a Major bug on many servers that occurs when you do not log out which basically dis-activates your current account until a restart. You cannot Speak, says you are typing too fast. Nobody can PM you, if they do it will say the server crashed finally you Cannot Log Out, It will say you are typing too fast, which is resolved by joining another server going on another account and going back. (Your Normal Account still won't work)

Cons:
Local IP, School IP, etc
idk if i've had this exact problem before, but often I can't log into my account because 'Someone else is already logged in!!'...Yes, that's me, it's just that the crash failed to log it out.

seems like the simplest solution is to input the old IRC standard, /ghost. Type in the password and you log into that account (either kicking out who's already in it, or just joining alongside them).

Physical Tyranitar

formerly Marquis of Blaze
For teambuilder, if picking a tier that is unofficial(such as Monotype), it should display the other pokemon as the same types as your first.

If possible I would like to petition the creation of a new format, alike the 'Anything Goes' with the only clause being one that bans the use of Pokémon with Legendary status e.g. Groudon, Rayquaza etc.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
If possible I would like to petition the creation of a new format, alike the 'Anything Goes' with the only clause being one that bans the use of Pokémon with Legendary status e.g. Groudon, Rayquaza etc.
There is a format that uses OU rules with no legends allowed, and you can find that here. The thread hasn't gotten any new posts in a while though, so don't just post in it willy-nilly unless you have something amazing to contribute.

Reactions: EV
A simple text editor to jot down notes for your teams, strategies, and the like would go a long way.

Certainly I'm not the only one with a notepad file full of threats to my teams, possible tweaks, or plans for future teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)