Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Oh god I can't read, missed the second part.

By the way the Beasts' HAs are also unreleased. Which is a shame because Volt Absorb would make AV Raikou a great Mega Manectric oounter and screw with Thundurus even more.

One move that is very interesting is Assurance, which is normally 60 BP, but if the target has taken damage previously (Life Orb, recoil, Rocky Helmet/Iron Barbs/Rough Skin, your other Pokémon in Doubles/Triples), it doubles to 120 BP. If it is used with Parental Bond, does the second hit have 30 BP or 60 BP?

Hello, at the moment I'm playing Soul Silver. I got a question about Apricorn Balls.

We all know Kurt can take one request a day. But what if I play around with the time and date of my DS? For instance, when I give Kurt 5 Black Apricorns, save, turn off my DS, and set the date to two days later, will my Heavy Balls be ready? If yes, can I also do this for the Bug Catching contest?

Hello, at the moment I'm playing Soul Silver. I got a question about Apricorn Balls.

We all know Kurt can take one request a day. But what if I play around with the time and date of my DS? For instance, when I give Kurt 5 Black Apricorns, save, turn off my DS, and set the date to two days later, will my Heavy Balls be ready? If yes, can I also do this for the Bug Catching contest?
Wouldn't advise it. If you mess with the time, you're locked out of time-sensitive events for 24 hours for the most part. I believe there is, however, a way to adjust the clock and try for another swarm, but it might just be better to not bother. Also, if you mess with the clock in any way, the counter for stuff in the Safari Zone resets to 0 days passed, making you wait for days again before you can go after the rarer Pokemon in there like Gible.

In short, just wait it out... and stockpile a ton of Heavy Balls if you intend to catch Skarmory in one to transfer up. It's light enough to make Heavy Ball treat its capture rate of 25 as just 5.

How do I get the red mailbox icon to appear on Buzznav? Googling has not helped.
Easy. Connect to the internet with the game, and the icon will appear. Switch to BuzzNav and then tap the mailbox icon in the corner to get your StreetPass updates, up to 30 per ~8 hour period. This includes new Secret Bases, news/achievements from other players, and their Mirage Spots for the day. (and a possible chance to obtain the Eon Ticket if you don't already have it)

I sent Thundurus from Dream Radar to my B2 cart without remembering to back up my save first (I want it on my W2 as well). I do have a backup from right after I caught Tornadus, but I've already sent it to both of my games, so if I restore my game from that backup, how do I "get rid" of Tornadus to make room for Thundurus?

Also, is there a way to restore the backup for only Dream Radar so that I don't affect my [downloaded] Zelda: A Link Between Worlds data? I've played it a good bit since that last backup with Tornadus.

Last edited:
So, maybe I'm just getting a lucky (?) streak, but is it confirmed that Synchronize does not work on Mystery Gift Pokemon? Because I've made 10 SR on Diancie already and 6 of them were Naive (Sync still in front from trying to SR Azelf). Small sample size, but 1/17 over that time period does still seem odd.

Easy. Connect to the internet with the game, and the icon will appear. Switch to BuzzNav and then tap the mailbox icon in the corner to get your StreetPass updates, up to 30 per ~8 hour period. This includes new Secret Bases, news/achievements from other players, and their Mirage Spots for the day. (and a possible chance to obtain the Eon Ticket if you don't already have it)
That's what everywhere says, but I connect to the Internet, go to buzznav and the blue Wifi symbol is there instead of the red mailbox. I can wonder trade and use GTS without a problem so I'm definitely connected to the Internet. I also have spot pass active in case it has anything to do with it.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
That's what everywhere says, but I connect to the Internet, go to buzznav and the blue Wifi symbol is there instead of the red mailbox. I can wonder trade and use GTS without a problem so I'm definitely connected to the Internet. I also have spot pass active in case it has anything to do with it.
Did you change the clock on your 3DS? If you change the time on your 3DS system, it prevents the mailbox update from occurring for a day or so.

What's the quickest way to raise happiness in ORAS? I want to start breeding a good Clefable, but unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any way around Cleffa.

What's the quickest way to raise happiness in ORAS? I want to start breeding a good Clefable, but unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any way around Cleffa.
Well the quickest would be force-feeding it EV-reducing berries until it won't take any more, or simply biking around while it holds Soothe Bell and having befriending power level 3 active. It'd go even faster if it's in a Luxury Ball... but it's not a great aesthetics match.

Did you change the clock on your 3DS? If you change the time on your 3DS system, it prevents the mailbox update from occurring for a day or so.
No haven't messed with the clock, and berries grow normally as well. I'm really stumped as to what the deal is.

Xen

Wi-Fi Leader
If a consumable item is used in a secret base battle in ORAS, is the item restored after the battle?

Xen

Wi-Fi Leader
No, unfortunately. I just tested this with a Focus Sash, and it was not restored after battle.
Hmm, that's disappointing. But if the items don't return after the match, I'm now wondering how Thief would work in secret base matches. Would we keep a stolen item?

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
Hmm, that's disappointing. But if the items don't return after the match, I'm now wondering how Thief would work in secret base matches. Would we keep a stolen item?
I'd imagine it would work exactly the same as a regular trainer battle...meaning you wouldn't keep the item if you stole it.

edit: Tested it, and you don't keep the item.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)