Pokémon OU Player of the Week #35: AM

Status
Not open for further replies.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Thoughts on rating teams? Just curious why someone such as yourself doesn't show too much interest. Is it the process, quality of teams posted, or some kind of other AM macro-philosophical high point?

What would be your idealistic / optimal VR thread, not in terms of specific rankings but general macro functioning?

Is Shadow Tag something you would look at in the form of a suspect?

Thoughts on user: Trinitrotoluene and his Rosalina, um, I guess attraction is the word?

Do you like my random bold? Does it make my opinion any more valid?
Process - RMT is such a weird forum because I can't relate to disconnect between builder and rater. What I mean by this is that I'm accustomed to rating teams on PS one on one with people right on the spot. So we talk about different aspects, get some actual justification for why they chose what, have a more open discussion and as such I feel enhances the learning process of it all both for the team I'm rating, the person on the other side, and myself. Regurgitating dex entries seems awkward as well when it's not always 1. applicable to the team itself 2. the practicality of how the player might play based on their own playing. If the player ends up being more conservative in the way they play you can't just assume that giving them a more aggressive replacement such as Life Orb over Lum Berry on Bisharp is going to fix the problem.

Quality of Teams posted- This is kind of a weird cop out that people use the "these teams are really bad I'm not rating them" when the person clearly needs help and the point of the forum is to help individuals anyways. I don't rate on RMT mostly for what I explained in the process point of view, but I strongly encourage new raters to go out of their way to help these guys, to get your feet wet in guiding these guys and gals. Most of these to put it bluntly are clueless and a simple nod in the right direction is really all the incentive they need. If they're open minded about it that's even better cause they'll be inclined to here out various suggestions and philosophies. It's better to give suggestions though and emphasize on testing them. Saying "this will fix your M-Sableye balance problem" isn't always the case cause as before they may not even understand the process of actually playing against an archtype like that, making your suggestion null and void.

Also quality of teams puts a lot of emphasis on a showcase of sorts where good teams aren't really asking for rates they just want to show off what they built, which is what most people want to see instead, good teams not ones they have to work hard to rate and try to remedy.

I just c/p some stuff so this isn't alphabetical or anything. This is also my own view not anybody else so obviously take with a grain of salt. Also ignored E rank.
S Rank

Altaria (Mega) (Could arguably be A+ in the long run)
Charizard (Mega-X)
Clefable
Azumarill (change)
Garchomp (change)
Manaphy (change)

A+ Rank

Bisharp (could argue for A, albeit not going to end well lol)
Excadrill
Gyarados (Mega)
Hoopa Unbound (could argue for S)
Heatran
Keldeo
Landorus-T
Lopunny (Mega)
Latios
Metagross (Mega)
Sableye (Mega)
Scizor (Mega)
Talonflame
Thundurus
Tornadus-T (can argue for S, albeit shotty)
Weavile (change)

A Rank

Diancie (Mega) (change)
Alakazam (Mega)
Charizard (Mega-Y)
Ferrothorn
Gardevoir (Mega)
Gengar (change)
Hippowdon
Klefki (The best utility for HO now, change)
Kyurem-B
Latias (Mega)
Manectric (Mega)
Skarmory
Slowbro
Slowbro (Mega) (change)
Starmie
Tyranitar
Venusaur (Mega) (This could probably be A+ just for its defensive set alone, we debated about it behind the scenes all the time when I was on team)

A- Rank

Gliscor (change)
Aerodactyl (Mega)
Alakazam
Gyarados
Jirachi
Latias (change)
Magnezone
Mew
Pinsir (Mega)
Politoed
Raikou
Rotom-W
Serperior (could be argued for A)
Volcarona

B+ Rank

Breloom
Celebi (change)
Diggersby
Dragonite
Feraligatr (change)
Gallade (Mega)
Heracross (Mega)
Hydreigon
Kabutops
Kingdra
Mamoswine
Medicham (Mega)
Scolipede
Slowking
Suicune
Swampert (Mega)
Terrakion
Togekiss

B Rank

Beedrill (Mega) (people argue this all the time to drop but most m-bee teams that are built well are so annoying to face)
Chansey
Crawdaunt
Dragalge (change)
Empoleon
Garchomp (Mega)
Gothitelle
Hawlucha
Quagsire
Omastar
Reuniclus
Sceptile (Mega)
Scizor
Tangrowth (change)
Tyranitar (Mega)
Victini (change)
Zapdos

B- Rank

Amoonguss
Azelf (change)
Cobalion
Conkeldurr
Gastrodon
Hoopa
Lucario
Magneton
Mandibuzz
Pidgeot (Mega) (change)
Sharpedo (Mega) (change)
Sylveon
Tentacruel (change)
Toxicroak
Tyrantrum (could argue for B)

C+ Rank

Alomomola
Ampharos (Mega)
Banette (Mega) (change)
Blastoise (Mega)
Bronzong (change)
Chesnaught (change)
Entei (change)
Heracross
Houndoom (Mega) (change)
Infernape (change)
Seismitoad
Staraptor
Thundurus-T (I saw a rank nom for this to move up and I don't think it should. Needs a lot of things out of the way to work well / team support)
Wobbuffet
Whimsicott (change)

C Rank

Absol (Mega)
Blissey
Cofagrigus
Cresselia (change)
Dugtrio (A case can be made for moving up. I've been using a Char-X, Volcarona, Dugtrio combo and it's monstrous.)
Goodra
Gourgeist-XL

Krookodile
Kyurem
Latios (Mega) ( I would unrank this personally)
Rhyperior (change)
Porygon2
Shuckle

C- Rank

Aggron (Mega)
Forretress
Froslass
Pangoro
Meloetta (change)
Metagross (change)
Nidoking (change)
Rotom-H
Venusaur (change)

D Rank

Abomasnow (Mega) (change)
Chandelure
Camerupt (Mega) (change)
Cloyster
Emboar
Espeon (I'd unrank this personally)
Haxorus
Honchkrow
Jellicent
Mienshao

Nidoqueen
Roserade (change)
Sableye
Salamence
Shaymin
Smeargle
Zygarde (change)

Shadow Tag I doubt is going to get suspected. Im open to any legitimate ideas but at this point in time it's safe to assume it isn't happening.

Trinitrotoluene is a cute mexican filipino with a dry sense of humor even more lacking than Bruce Willis of the Die Hard days. I think that sums him up and his glorious self quite well.

Jesus christ man, I don't get the bold aspect of legitimizing a point. We can all read and see what's being said, no need to make it obnoxious.
what's your favorite color?

do you think wobbuffet is an uncompetitive piece of shit or the true lord and savior of pokemon?

do you have any ideas for smogon/PS! as a whole that you'd like to sometime expand on?

thoughts on user: brokenwings? ;^)
Idk maybe Blue

Wobbuffet is dumb, in the sense you're trading a pursuit and dark exploitable Pokemon for what is arguably one of the hardest attack types to prep for something that arguably could be more beneficial to your team utility wise. It works on some teams but it really is not a good choice for every single offensive team.

Not exactly, I mean maybe in the long run sure, but right now not necessarily unless I'm specifically asked.

Brokenwings is a cute user.
Spy was cute :(
The scene where the guy fell off the balcony, then she drops the knife on him, and after pukes on him by accident was so disgusting but funny. I'll give the movie that much credit. Jason statham sucks at comedy though.
hello am :D how are you today?
I'm doing well trc, thanks for asking.

Edit: michaeloche
If there was one Uber mon that you'd like to retest, what would it be and why?
What's the dumbest thing you've ever seen used against you in a battle?

Also, nice choices in non-Pokemon video games.
Removing Pokemon from the meta should come first before anything. As far as retests not really sure anymore. I was open to the idea of genesect but after using it in Gods Among Us the thing is just so disgusting for the meta I can't really see myself entertaining that idea anymore. Not open for re-tests at the moment until I get a glimpse of how Deoxys Defense fairs.

The other day I was playing a OU room tour and this guy brought what I think was 4 attack Char-X set or something with like Crunch, Earthquake, Brick Break, and I didn't see the other move. There's a lot of more stupid stuff brought against me but I don't remember them all at this point in time.

Edit 2: I misinterpreted celticprides question I suppose but meh you get my ranking ideas anyways. As far as macro-managing the VR thread there's not a whole lot you can do other than put emphasis on users promoting good discussion and study of the meta at a higher level. It's easier said than done though cause most people hate posting on that thread, which is a stigma set in stone for OU ranking especially, for w/e reason it is now a days. Whether they don't like the "noob mentality", whether they hated how I ran things and my sarcasm when I responded (lol at the logs I see of this), bandwagon, etc. Moderation only does so much, I deleted a bunch of random posts that didn't provide anything to the thread and a lot of times I consult with people outside of the thread to gauge an idea of where stuff should go. That's the reality of ranking threads whether people like it or don't, and with the traffic of Overused being so high in comparison to other tier related sub-forums it can be tiring to manage it all.

Last edited:
If there was one Uber mon that you'd like to retest, what would it be and why?

What's the dumbest thing you've ever seen used against you in a battle?

Also, nice choices in non-Pokemon video games.

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i'm not mexican @_@. get your facts checked, nerd.

anyways, what puts keldeo a step below azumarill and manaphy in your ideal viability ranking thread?

what is the source of that incredible luck of yours that nearly always screws me over when i test teams against you?

realistically, are there any mons the ou council is likely to suspect test in the near and / or distant future?

why are so many of your teams sd weavile weak :^)

thoughts on my beautiful hyper offense teams?

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
What would you consider the most fun set that you've innovated?
I'm pretty sure I haven't innovated anything but here are some fun sets I like using that are from various teams I have stored.
Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Dragon Dance

Keldeo @ Expert Belt
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
- Taunt

Gengar @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 112 HP / 144 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Substitute
- Reflect Type
- Will-O-Wisp

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 24 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Hyper Voice
- Focus Blast
- Healing Wish

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Psychic

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 24 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Focus Blast
- Encore
- Calm Mind

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 248 HP / 108 SpD / 152 Spe
Careful Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Flare Blitz
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 176 HP / 80 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

Audino @ Mental Herb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Magic Coat
- Fire Blast
- Trick Room
- Healing Wish

Raikou @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Magnet Rise
- Calm Mind

CallMePapi (Sableye) (M) @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Snatch

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Protect

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 244 HP / 12 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Leech Seed
- Taunt

i'm not mexican @_@. get your facts checked, nerd.

anyways, what puts keldeo a step below azumarill and manaphy in your ideal viability ranking thread?

what is the source of that incredible luck of yours that nearly always screws me over when i test teams against you?

realistically, are there any mons the ou council is likely to suspect test in the near and / or distant future?

why are so many of your teams sd weavile weak :^)

thoughts on my beautiful hyper offense teams?
Keldeo has more definitive switch ins unlike Azumarill and Manaphy which puts it a notch below them in my eyes. That's really the long story short granted Keldeo works much better on some teams than others where most offense is packing Weavile and other components that Keldeo checks well. To me personally that's why.

A pretty lady named Amelia Sanchez late for her salsa class is the source of all my luck.

Hoopa-U is being considered, maybe Manaphy in the long run but that's from short convos I had with a couple of council members. We're more focused on the direction of ORAS tiering and tiering in general right now so talks have been mostly that, policy wise.

SD weavile fortunately doesn't find too many opportunities to set up so sometimes when building it's an after thought. Weavile is an ass though, so easy for it to threaten offense without M-Scizor, M-Lopunny, etc.

Your Hyper Offense teams use all the main Pokemon from Pokemon movies so clearly they're so strong :o

Last edited:
favorite food?
state?
opinion on my bulky offense lord squads?
most annoying 'mons?
why do you hate sports?
on a scale of 1-10, how dangerous is a well-played mega gyarados? cm iron defense mega slowbro?

Last edited:

AM

LCPL Champion
favorite food?
state?
opinion on my bulky offense lord squads?
most annoying 'mons?
why do you hate sports?
on a scale of 1-10, how dangerous is a well-played mega gyarados? cm iron defense mega slowbro?
- Cake
- Not sure haven't been to too many places but I want to visit Colorado one day
- Never got into it I guess.
- 8.5 for Mega Gyarados. It's much more deadly in practice than on paper which a lot of people seem to underestimate. Funnily enough having the edge against one gyarados form doesn't necessarily have you covered against the other so checking both of them in team-building, thus making the presence of them dangerous. For Mega Slowbro it's probably going to be an 8 or so. Being one of the few good Char-X checks that necessitate it having SD to even break you is dangerous by itself and Mega Slowbro also sports a lot of firepower behind it, making it more offensively inclined variants viable as well for offensive builds. It's actually a pretty overlooked mega and hassle for some balanced builds.
What pokemon do you absolutely hate?
Which status condition is the most crippling?
Am I still a bad user? Or have I redeemed myself?
Will you ever change your Avatar?
Will you save smogon from bandwagon lord AM?
- I hate Azumarill because its switch ins are either so specific in Mega Venusaur or just straight garbage. Weavile and Klefki get a nod for being annoying as well.
- Paralysis I find is the most crippling.
- You're starting to redeem yourself after that whole dramatic post you made on alt that the usual "fight the system" people liked which I found funny after work. Keep it up.
- I thought about it but probably not haha. All my comp tutoring guys thinks it's defining enough at this point to not consider changing and I have to kind of agree with them.
- Not worth the trouble and essays I'd be getting about it with some obscure title in pms. It's just part of the culture so better to just go with the flow and ignore the negativity people establish upon you.

Favorite balance cores?
Are you open to using lower tier mons in ou?
How do you feel about shadow tag?
What are your opinions about the gods among us pokemon, which are balanced and which are still stupid to deal with.

Have a nice day :]

meh.

If you had to pick one Pokemon RU or below to get a Mega Evolution that does not already have one, what would it be?
On a scale of 1-10 how good of a user am I?
How in the devil do you find good logs in your signatures?
Opinions on Mega Absol? Good? Bad? Shit? Great?
Do you consider yourself a skrub, and if you do, why?

Thank you for your hard work in the OU tier. I think you have filled the void that alexwolf and Haunter left :D

What pokemon do you think is the most anti-meta?
Most overrated pokemon that is OU by usage?
Most underrated pokemom that is not OU by usage?
What pokemon (D rank or lower) would you consider building a team around (if any)?
Best Mega (in the OU metagame) that is not OU by usage?

AM

LCPL Champion
Favorite balance cores?
Are you open to using lower tier mons in ou?
How do you feel about shadow tag?
What are your opinions about the gods among us pokemon, which are balanced and which are still stupid to deal with.

Have a nice day :]
Hippo + Latios, Garchomp + Ferrothorn, and M-Scizor / M-CharX + a water like Manaphy are normally my favorites. Idk this questions kind of vague cause it changes all the time with what I'm going for with the team.

Shadow Tag is sort of overrated and coined as one of those "uncompetitive" traits of Pokemon where people use big terms and the usual suspect phrases you see spewed across the threads to explain how it's "uncompetitive". People emphasize it more when the meta steers towards really fat balance and stall, basically not the meta we're in right now.

None of them so far has been balanced. Genesect when seeing all the diversity it has with viable options is just borderline stupid. It's the ultimate U-Turner because unlike stuff such as Lando-T it's able to capitalize on its solid special attacks to punish the usual U-Turn punishers like Tankchomp. It's a wild guessing game and Download as well puts a very high offensive restraint that removes a good amount of counterplay that seems ok on paper.

Mega Mawile is more broken than it was in XY lol. The meta was actually more prepared during that era when stuff like Venutran cores and fatter defensive squads could maintain themselves to a degree much more effectively than they do now. You can sort of handle, across the archtype spectrum, a lot of stuff in ORAS but when Mawile came into play round 2 this concept just got blown out the window. Teams were either supporting Mawile or fighting back Mawile. That's sort of obvious considering the round and knowing it's available to use but funnily enough at least Genesect you can sort of use a regular team and kind of do ok.

I've had one test match with Blaziken but didn't go to well simply cause I missed a HJK that would've ohko'd a tankchomp after +2 based on the situation I was in. The important point though however was that potentially the game was won by turn 3 or so early on assuming I had knock Off for the Slowbro at the time. I think it's kind of absurd but I'll hold my reservations until I actually play my matches and see some others.

I'm looking forward to Deoxys Defense and a little birdy told me another that I will be looking forward to in future rounds. People have been saying that the Deos are balanced now with M-Sab and M-Diancie around which is kind of chuckle worthy since either they've never see these things in action or know what variations they truly have.
meh.

If you had to pick one Pokemon RU or below to get a Mega Evolution that does not already have one, what would it be?
On a scale of 1-10 how good of a user am I?
How in the devil do you find good logs in your signatures?
Opinions on Mega Absol? Good? Bad? Shit? Great?
Do you consider yourself a skrub, and if you do, why?
meh

Dugtrio with like 20 heads and 130 base attack and 140 speed so it can be nice and centralizing and assert itself as a god. It would be steel / ground so I can say fu to Weavile as well. Yes, this is a great idea.

Not gonna really scale you, but you're slowly getting better and it's nice to see that your a little more open minded as time goes on which is what the comp tutoring guys really want so keep it up man.

I talk with a lot of people that are out of their minds. As such I find good stuff to read and quotes.

I haven't used Mega Absol in a long time, the last time I used it was back when Serperior came into the tier and someone in team shop wanted a core around Mega Absol and Gengar. I think it works ok on a hyper offensive build but it's really niche. Idk maybe I'll take some time to build around one soon to get an idea of it. It always seemed terrible in practice though as opposed to another dark or mega in general.

I'm a scrub because I fight for all the scrubs of the world.
Thank you for your hard work in the OU tier. I think you have filled the void that alexwolf and Haunter left :D

What pokemon do you think is the most anti-meta?
Most overrated pokemon that is OU by usage?
Most underrated pokemom that is not OU by usage?
What pokemon (D rank or lower) would you consider building a team around (if any)?
Best Mega (in the OU metagame) that is not OU by usage?
Kyurem-B. It screws over balance and the archtype that has a supposed edge against it, offense, has no consistent switch ins cause HP fire variants are a perfectly legitimate option and the 4 attacks set has slight variations that change the way an opponent has to deal with it.

Latias I think is overrated as I think Latios is just much more superior with its more inclined offensive presence. Latias has specifics for a team slot that can make it more useful than Latios in certain situations but overall the brother Lati poses a much more significant threat in team-building to myself than Latias does.

This ones kind of tough. I've been playing with Mega Banette lately and have found it to be a pretty nice mon to use so I guess I can say that. It works best on hazard centric offense, sort of as spinblocker with Will-O-Wisp and Destiny Bond to boot. Idk if it's the most underrated cause a lot of stuff that isn't OU by usage such as Klefki and Diggersby are solid as well but M-Banette is a less obvious one.

As far as the D ranks go, I've built around the following.
< Haven't built around this in ORAS yet just used some teams from snow with it
< Built a Natural Gift variant with Cheri Berry to supplement a Mega Metagross sweep in the M-Meta era
< Haven't built around this yet seems garbage
< Screens Espeon build I made that turned out trash, which wasn't surprising
< Built with Drag spam with M-Gyarados + Diggersby
< Tested this with a birdspam team by ben gay that I liked.
< Some shitty balance that turned out weak to stuff like Kyurem-B but this thing is a pretty cool mon for opposing Defensive Starmies
< Built and tested both a Life Orb set with mixed offense back when we were trying to rank this and have tried out a SubCM set. Vertex also passed me a cool Mega Sceptile squad after I told him we should build around it.
< Tested ben gays squad awhile back with Cotton guard M-alt and then built some blue team for rainbow tour Reymedy hosted awhile against mcmeghan with a Life Orb set. Kind of funny wish I brought Bullet Punch though. Also used the old school UU set with HP Fire, Grass Knot, Meteor Mash, filler to lure a couple things like Mega Scizor and Ferrothorn.
< Just built a regen balanced team today with M-Sciz, Torn-T, this, Slowbro, Hippo, and Skarmory. This is one of the better D mons on the list and actually solid in general helping legitimize D rank a bit more than it was like a year ago imo.
< Haven;t used this since XY. I plan on making a team around it in the near future.
< Read Nidoking
< Used this back when M-Gallade was the hype of the century for breaking defense cores and needed an emergency M-Cham check as well.
< Had to build around this for teamshop. Dragon Dance is trash apparently Defog is what people should be using so wouldn't know too much other than that.
< I like using this with Zard-X a lot as it provides some Tailwind support and ability to threaten fat waters and stuff like Heatran with Earth Power.
< One Hyper Offense team with a Healing Wish, Magic Coat, Spikes, SR Smeargle to supplement a Mega Heracross Hyper Offense build containing Latios, M-Hera, Feraligatr, Bisharp, and Thundurus.
< Got a couple of sun teams with this. One with Zard-Y, Heliolisk, Lando-T, Latios, Venusaur, and Klefki another one with Sunny Day Mega Houndoom, Latias, Tentacruel, Sylveon, Venusaur, Garchomp. Like Mienshao a good D rank mon.

Something that isn't OU by usage and considered the best mega would probably have to go to Mega Medicham. It has an insane amount of firepower and anything below its speed tier can potentially turn into a liability for the player facing it. It forces a lot of prediction games in favor of the M-Medicham user and when you utilize Baton Pass Mega Medicham + two or so natural M-Sableye breakers it makes breaking the archtype that is suppose to cockblock M-Medicham turn into fodder.

Last edited:
It's justified

Not sure and lol do people have niches?

Twave Clefable is good cause it screws over so many of its traditional switch ins. I think gothitelle is a bad pokemon in general. Celebi + M-Diancie has always been a good combo albeit hard to pull off.

Haven't really followed it so if that's going to happen I don't mind what quotes are being used.

I'll put 6 just to be safe.
How is a fear of fairies Justified :( . There so cute and adorable?

The Niche thing is a joke that started between DarkNostalgia, Docter Ciel and the OU room on showdown before Recreant got wind of it. Kinda grew from there

I have 1 more Question tho. Which of the following cancerous mons would you give a mega to and why would it be beneficial to the game? Gothitelle, Manaphy, Clefable or Blissey.

Thanks for answering my questions so far AM :D

AM

LCPL Champion
What do you think of Mega Heracross?
In terms of.....?

I mean it's ok at what it does but it seems pretty specific and dedicated to either a breaker on rain teams or balance these days. With the increase of Psychics and the way Mega Heracross is forced into a lot of prediction games against conventional builds to pick the right move, I don't think it's excelling at anything specific. If the question was more specific maybe I can answer it better.
How is a fear of fairies Justified :( . There so cute and adorable?

The Niche thing is a joke that started between DarkNostalgia, Docter Ciel and the OU room on showdown before Recreant got wind of it. Kinda grew from there

I have 1 more Question tho. Which of the following cancerous mons would you give a mega to and why would it be beneficial to the game? Gothitelle, Manaphy, Clefable or Blissey.

Thanks for answering my questions so far AM :D
In all seriousness Fairy is one of the best offensive and defensive types the OU tier and even a lot of tiers in general has to offer. Providing yourself a Dragon immunity along with a Dark and Fighting resist at the same time is fantastic as it slows down Dark spam, able to circumvent fighting types who are normally falling under breaker or sweeper roles, while sporting an immunity to stuff like Latios' Draco Meteor and Garchomps Outrage.

Blissey cause it's not exactly cancerous and god forbid we give the Satan of the Ladder heroes, a mindless blue mon, and a pink sassy woman a mega form. If Blissey got normal and Fairy I think that would be cool with a slight defense boost.

AM

LCPL Champion
Do you think there's no reason to use Gallade over Medicham?
Why do you think Manaphy should be tested?
What's your favorite drink?
Gallade sports a higher speed tier, access to SD, Shadow Sneak which can screw over stuff like the Latis and Starmie if played well. If those are the traits you need by all means use that but M-Medichams access to Fake Out is a lot more appealing to many players as it gives it an edge in both revenge killing and offensive teams.

I'm pretty sure I explained the Manaphy portion in the OP so no need to elaborate on that.

Water, Lemonade, Apple Cider

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
I think you're a pretty cool cat and based on personality alone, I would give you a chance of dating me in real life. Anyways, here's the question:

What do you have against Serperior? Why don't you make her A+ rank (or at least A)? She is clearly better than all the Pokemon in the A- list. Do you have something against me or gays in general to punish Serperior in the A- rank?

AM

LCPL Champion
I think you're a pretty cool cat and based on personality alone, I would give you a chance of dating me in real life. Anyways, here's the question:

What do you have against Serperior? Why don't you make her A+ rank (or at least A)? She is clearly better than all the Pokemon in the A- list. Do you have something against me or gays in general to punish Serperior in the A- rank?
Lol

We were going through a phase of deciding some of the As and it's been, or was Idk now since I left, pretty quiet in terms of ranking team. A+ is ridiculous in my eyes but there's a case for A, not from your AV set which I don't think is that good after testing it some. Idk the A ranks at this point are so subjective cause it's based on everyones preference. Look at it this way, it was C+ when it arrived lol. There's a case but I'd take some of the higher ranks with a grain of salt. I think stuff like Latias could drop but you've seen it on the thread someone is going to go ballistic with some random reason why it shouldn't anyways. If it's good, it's good you don't really need a letter to define that after playing for awhile.
Give me a serious answer, dammit. Also I'll have you know I haven't posted any calcs (bolded or otherwise) recently.
I think you're slowly improving from the walls of calcs and bolds which is nice, those were pretty obnoxious to read and found yourself a starting point to contribute. Idk what else to say you seemed chill when I saw you on PS and somehow made that shitty volt-turn I made early ORAS work for awhile hahaha.

What 5 pokemon in OU are the worst currently in your opinions?

How good do you think pursuit is in the current metagame?

Are there any particular mechanics you would change to make the game more fun?

Last edited:
Hi AM, just wanted to say that reading this thread has made me more appreciative of your contributions to the viability thread and OU as a whole, so thanks for giving us all some insight into your thoughts.

As someone whose name is a number, I'm curious as to what did the 145 at the end of AM mean before you unceremoniously dumped it from your name?

Opinions on Zapdos? (fuck zapdos)

AM

LCPL Champion
What are the current bottom 5 OU mons in your opinions?

How good do you think pursuit is in the current metagame?

Are there any particular mechanics you would change to make the game more fun?
The worst is tough to say and I think most of the stuff not ranked would fall under that criteria.

Pursuit is really good. Deterring Psychics and certain forms of counterplay is always welcomed on most teams. You can see this with the increase of Pursuit Weavile, Tyranitar, Mega Aerodactyl, Krookodile as viable pursuit users.

I'd give Scald a 10% burn rate, make the paralysis chance 10% (25% is pretty ridiculous to me), focus blast from 70 to 80 acc, and after that I'm not sure.
Hi AM, just wanted to say that reading this thread has made me more appreciative of your contributions to the viability thread and OU as a whole, so thanks for giving us all some insight into your thoughts.

As someone whose name is a number, I'm curious as to what did the 145 at the end of AM mean before you unceremoniously dumped it from your name?

Opinions on Zapdos? (fuck zapdos)
Aaaw

145 was just random numbers I put on my PS name since AM at the time was taken.

Zapdos is better than a lot of people give it credit for. Being one the few better electric checks to Torn-T and having the option to forgo some defense for speed on bulky offense to counteract SD Offensive Mega Scizor is great. It isn't by any means the most fantastic thing in the world but it can do a lot of work when built around and played well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)