NOC Fire and Ice Mafia: Fire and Ice tie, the village loses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
also I'd like to use this platform to complain about the lack of OSes

because no OSes means I can't complain to people about them not helping me
and I would be hosting one but von disappeared

but more importantly I just realized I had a logic fart on a few things; I should actually check my work on these things

1. Fire Mafia is actually probable winner of kingmakers because for it to work the way I thought it worked I would have to know who the Firemafia are. Since they aren't going to forfeit a 50% win con that actually results in 50/50.
2. Real villy lynch is actually 50/50.

tl;dr no matter who we lynch, it's a 50/50 between town and Fire win, and scumpluff autowin.

On those grounds
Unvote U-Turn Out
Vote No Lynch

Hi guys, college just started for me so i'm going to be incredibly busy.

I'll get back on anything that takes more than 5 seconds to reply to later, but for now id prefer lynches on UTO and Celever.

Also at this point I'm just going to establish this:

>scumpluff already won
>if we lynch then town has a 50% chance of winning regardless and non-pluff fire has a 50% chance also
>the only difference between any of the four lynches is that if we lynch fake doc then I choose instead of us through the lynch method
>nling is confusing

ok I've been really inactive so sorry about that. I will review all three pages and give my thoughts probably next day (school sucks). I just want to say rn that Celever has still not responded to any of my points regarding him and has only come on to respond to jumpluff (HMMMM). I am satisfied with acidphoenix for now although his case on me was extremely weak. jumpluff you have a lot of content in your posts that I haven't read yet, so far it looks pretty good, though I would like to figure out how you came to the conclusion that me and PokeguyNXB are the mafia (despite you saying Celever was extremely scummy to the point that rssp1 and me would both be town, as well as him just acting more scummily than Pokeguy right now.). I don't really see much about rssp1 and my argument, so it would be chill if you could cover that. Also I am curious to figure out why you think rssp1 and I would have the same amount of encouragement to kill Yeti, I would kill you in any situation, since I wouldn't be too worried about UncleSam because Yeti has been arguing with him and this would definitely help me case, Yeti also has a scumread on rssp1 so it would make more sense for him to kill Yeti. Also can't really defend myself, again I haven't seen much that points me to being mafia in anyone's cases other than rssp1 who I have been responding to (recent one I'll respond to right now)
You're still misunderstanding, DLE didn't post anything except for that gif. what i'm saying is that he said he would be gone yet he was obviously watching the thread because he posted that gif. That was why i found him scummy.
Not that he was fillering or lurking, but the fact he said he was gone while in fact he was actually lurking.
It was 3 scumreads, considering you were one of them. If i'm remembering correctly, you also had 3: acid, DLE, and Celever.
The reason i highlighted you lynching DLE over that is that you were trying to push that onto me, saying it's scummy, while you did what you're trying to say I did.... meaning you called your own vote scummy.
Two out of 9 isn't a lot, given that that's not even half of what's needed for a majority. Jumpluff wasn't even scumreading me, s/he was nullreading me - and that's something different. Also, you aren't forced to only defend yourself when you're being attacked - you CAN bring in other things, as both you and I have done today. IMO while being attacked does definitely make it HARDER to contribute, it's not an excuse for not having too much contribution and then calling someone else out and saying they don't have very much either.

I mean I don't see how that connects us at all because i'm literally summarizing your post - if anything, i'm defending acid or DLE. Me simply mentioning that you attacked Celever in that post doesn't connect us at all.
idk about how you feel about lurking and stuff like that, but fyi pokeguy has also shown activity, yet hasn't posted anything in the past, Celever had been showing activity but was kinda evasive that day (and somehow got your towniest read when he did similar things to DLE?), I just find it weird how you chose DLE at such a convenient moment other than the others, again your definition of lurking might be different to mind which makes this whole conversation pointless, but still. If you're saying he's lurking when he said he was gone, it's just another empty promise imo, others have been identified doing this, so if you can explain a little better I would be very appreciative
I already said that your scumread on me had faulty logic, so I didn't count that one. Also, I had pokeguy and you as a scumread at times, so yeahhhhhh. The fact that the scumreads came so late was the main issue for me (also your refusal to vote).
I'm pretty sure you came up with that argument first, so if anyone should be blamed for the argument it should be you. What do you mean I was trying to say you did? I said I voted DLE because he was the one who was the only other viable lynch target at the time, and we needed to reach majority. A vote is much different than the scumread, and you voted acid at a time where it was impossible he was going to be lynched (or very unlikely), the scumread on DLE and me should have came with a vote on one of us two but you decided to vote acid, which was very antitown which was the problem I was highlighting the entire time.
Two out of 9 is still decent at a point where there were half scum. Let's assume you are scum. We can eliminate 3 people and you because obviously the other mafia would love to lynch you to get rid of you, and your partner wouldn't lynch you (tbh I should be adding the mafia, because the two people who were scumreading you were town, so in reality 2+2=4 and another vote = 5 = majority), so there will be 5 people left. That's already about half, and given those were the two cleanest villages at the time, I would still be worried. Playing cautiously would just guarentee that you wouldn't slip up 100%, so it would be very likely that you would do this, and Yeti was getting more on your case, and could easily convert the town. jumpluff could easily change her read because you and sunny/pokeguy were exchangable so there two scumreads, which is half, you could be lynched the next day so cautiously would be best so you wont slip.
Also, I did bring up other things, like lynching acid, and my case with him, and my quarrels with Celever and DLE, so that's an invalid point.

My grammar and sentence structure is probably horrible because I'm really tired, please excuse my tiredness, I will post tomorrow (by that I mean like 20 hours lol cause school and sleep and schoolwork, maybe 2 hour later with a short post if I'm lucky). I probably missed a lot, will cover everything tmrw.

idk about how you feel about lurking and stuff like that, but fyi pokeguy has also shown activity, yet hasn't posted anything in the past, Celever had been showing activity but was kinda evasive that day (and somehow got your towniest read when he did similar things to DLE?), I just find it weird how you chose DLE at such a convenient moment other than the others, again your definition of lurking might be different to mind which makes this whole conversation pointless, but still. If you're saying he's lurking when he said he was gone, it's just another empty promise imo, others have been identified doing this, so if you can explain a little better I would be very appreciative
I already said that your scumread on me had faulty logic, so I didn't count that one. Also, I had pokeguy and you as a scumread at times, so yeahhhhhh. The fact that the scumreads came so late was the main issue for me (also your refusal to vote).
I'm pretty sure you came up with that argument first, so if anyone should be blamed for the argument it should be you. What do you mean I was trying to say you did? I said I voted DLE because he was the one who was the only other viable lynch target at the time, and we needed to reach majority. A vote is much different than the scumread, and you voted acid at a time where it was impossible he was going to be lynched (or very unlikely), the scumread on DLE and me should have came with a vote on one of us two but you decided to vote acid, which was very antitown which was the problem I was highlighting the entire time.
Two out of 9 is still decent at a point where there were half scum. Let's assume you are scum. We can eliminate 3 people and you because obviously the other mafia would love to lynch you to get rid of you, and your partner wouldn't lynch you (tbh I should be adding the mafia, because the two people who were scumreading you were town, so in reality 2+2=4 and another vote = 5 = majority), so there will be 5 people left. That's already about half, and given those were the two cleanest villages at the time, I would still be worried. Playing cautiously would just guarentee that you wouldn't slip up 100%, so it would be very likely that you would do this, and Yeti was getting more on your case, and could easily convert the town. jumpluff could easily change her read because you and sunny/pokeguy were exchangable so there two scumreads, which is half, you could be lynched the next day so cautiously would be best so you wont slip.
Also, I did bring up other things, like lynching acid, and my case with him, and my quarrels with Celever and DLE, so that's an invalid point.

My grammar and sentence structure is probably horrible because I'm really tired, please excuse my tiredness, I will post tomorrow (by that I mean like 20 hours lol cause school and sleep and schoolwork, maybe 2 hour later with a short post if I'm lucky). I probably missed a lot, will cover everything tmrw.
yeah, and I had pokeguy and UncleSam as scumreads, but I quickly discarded that because of how unlikely it was.
You're STILL not understanding my argument, not sure if it's because you're doing it purposely or because you're tired.
My argument for seeing DLE as scum was that he explicitly stated he would be gone until Sunday, but was obviously lurking. Not that he was solely lurking, nor solely fillering. HE SAID HE WOULD BE GONE BUT WAS STILL THERE. THAT is why I saw him as scummy.
What i'm saying is that you were the one to vote DLE while I still voted acidphoenix. It's stupid to say I went after DLE when I didn't even vote him. As such, i'm saying maybe you slipped and stated your reasoning for lynching him.
At best, you can eliminate one - and that's in the case i'm mafia. That would of course be my partner in that scenario. While the other mafia would certainly love to lynch anyone, they can't just switch from a townread to a sudden scumread and lynch - then they're going to get themselves killed, and that's just bad play.
What I said is that you haven't really contributed a ton comparatively, so the point isn't invalid. You literally stated that the reason for that is that you were being attacked, hence my response.

Also you can't discount a scumread just because you see it has faulty logic - besides, if you thought so, why didn't you bring it up the next day? At that point, we hadn't cc'd each other and in the case that i'm town and you're town, you don't want me mistakenly voting you and screwing town over.

yeah, and I had pokeguy and UncleSam as scumreads, but I quickly discarded that because of how unlikely it was.
You're STILL not understanding my argument, not sure if it's because you're doing it purposely or because you're tired.
My argument for seeing DLE as scum was that he explicitly stated he would be gone until Sunday, but was obviously lurking. Not that he was solely lurking, nor solely fillering. HE SAID HE WOULD BE GONE BUT WAS STILL THERE. THAT is why I saw him as scummy.
What i'm saying is that you were the one to vote DLE while I still voted acidphoenix. It's stupid to say I went after DLE when I didn't even vote him. As such, i'm saying maybe you slipped and stated your reasoning for lynching him.
At best, you can eliminate one - and that's in the case i'm mafia. That would of course be my partner in that scenario. While the other mafia would certainly love to lynch anyone, they can't just switch from a townread to a sudden scumread and lynch - then they're going to get themselves killed, and that's just bad play.
What I said is that you haven't really contributed a ton comparatively, so the point isn't invalid. You literally stated that the reason for that is that you were being attacked, hence my response.
I haven't seen any scumreads on Pokeguy or UncleSam; even if there were UncleSam was a terrible scumread based on your logic that I assume you would apply (too towny), and you haven't mentioned them at all.
I just looked back, and DLE's post between his claim that he will be away and his gif had a seven day gap. That pretty much makes your whole point irrelevant, but I'll just like to say that I feel that what you claim DLE is doing is what others are doing as well, when they're lurking; sunny has posted but was also lurking as well; DLE's gif post had the same effect on me as sunny posting useless thoughts; both showed that they were there but haven't done anything (but I already mentioned that the DLE point was irrelevant because of the week gap so eh)
It's different. I was not pressured to vote, yet you were pressured to scumread someone.
Actually I would argue that the mafia would still be able to blend in if they changed their votes. UncleSam and jumpluff both had various opinions on their lynch (at least 3 targets), and the mafia could easily be able to lie and say they were just going along with the flow because they needed to reach majority that day (this would not be a valid argument on my vote, because I voted when it had not gained traction yet).
Like you said yourself, it's pretty hard to contribute when you're pressured without most of it being defensive, but for the record I do feel like I have contributed more than you with my post count and the detail within them.

Also you can't discount a scumread just because you see it has faulty logic - besides, if you thought so, why didn't you bring it up the next day? At that point, we hadn't cc'd each other and in the case that i'm town and you're town, you don't want me mistakenly voting you and screwing town over.
I didn't bring it up because I didn't see it; or if I did, I forgot about it or prioritised other things first
no discussion has happened the past day, Celever I would still like answers and jumpluff feel free to chime in on rssp1 vs UTO situation

I haven't seen any scumreads on Pokeguy or UncleSam; even if there were UncleSam was a terrible scumread based on your logic that I assume you would apply (too towny), and you haven't mentioned them at all.
I just looked back, and DLE's post between his claim that he will be away and his gif had a seven day gap. That pretty much makes your whole point irrelevant, but I'll just like to say that I feel that what you claim DLE is doing is what others are doing as well, when they're lurking; sunny has posted but was also lurking as well; DLE's gif post had the same effect on me as sunny posting useless thoughts; both showed that they were there but haven't done anything (but I already mentioned that the DLE point was irrelevant because of the week gap so eh)
It's different. I was not pressured to vote, yet you were pressured to scumread someone.
Actually I would argue that the mafia would still be able to blend in if they changed their votes. UncleSam and jumpluff both had various opinions on their lynch (at least 3 targets), and the mafia could easily be able to lie and say they were just going along with the flow because they needed to reach majority that day (this would not be a valid argument on my vote, because I voted when it had not gained traction yet).
Like you said yourself, it's pretty hard to contribute when you're pressured without most of it being defensive, but for the record I do feel like I have contributed more than you with my post count and the detail within them.
It wasn't the "too towny" argument, i've stated several times now that those were nullreads, not scumreads. I mentioned the two as a possible scumteam in one post but stopped pursuing it because i saw nothing else.
I checked back too and that's actually correct; while that makes him scummy in a completely different way, it's useless to talk about it since he's already flipped. I disagree that sunny/pokeguy and DLE are the same; pokeguy would actually contribute in his own way, and sunny would contribute - just without anything to back it up. DLE straight up refused to contribute, which is scummy in itself.
Your lynch post was up after US's post and pluff's post, both of which were urging a vote, so i'd say you were pressured to vote, along with everyone else. You also may say that I was pressured to scumread someone, but you know it's true that if I had continued with only my strong scumread on acidphoenix that really nothing would have changed for me; nobody saw it as scummy that I couldn't find anything scummy for the two of you when i looked back the first time, so I had no reason to gain any scumreads again if I was mafia.
Also you can't be serious on the point with the mafia; if people suddenly switched from townreading me to lynching me, you KNOW they'd be under fire immediately - and that's something a mafia doesn't want to have to do.
Alright, well I don't. That's just something we'll have to agree to disagree on.

It wasn't the "too towny" argument, i've stated several times now that those were nullreads, not scumreads. I mentioned the two as a possible scumteam in one post but stopped pursuing it because i saw nothing else.
I checked back too and that's actually correct; while that makes him scummy in a completely different way, it's useless to talk about it since he's already flipped. I disagree that sunny/pokeguy and DLE are the same; pokeguy would actually contribute in his own way, and sunny would contribute - just without anything to back it up. DLE straight up refused to contribute, which is scummy in itself.
Your lynch post was up after US's post and pluff's post, both of which were urging a vote, so i'd say you were pressured to vote, along with everyone else. You also may say that I was pressured to scumread someone, but you know it's true that if I had continued with only my strong scumread on acidphoenix that really nothing would have changed for me; nobody saw it as scummy that I couldn't find anything scummy for the two of you when i looked back the first time, so I had no reason to gain any scumreads again if I was mafia.
Also you can't be serious on the point with the mafia; if people suddenly switched from townreading me to lynching me, you KNOW they'd be under fire immediately - and that's something a mafia doesn't want to have to do.
Alright, well I don't. That's just something we'll have to agree to disagree on.
pokeguy and unclesam would be a really strange scumteam. I don't feel like scumteams are a strong argument, like if you thought that way you also could have slightly scumread jumpluff because me and her were a possible scumteam, hopefully you get what I mean. I also still can't find the post, if you would post it here it would be nice.
What do you mean by scummy in a different way? That was your only point against him; with that gone, he should at most be a nullread to you. How does the gif make him look scummy? DLE also did contribute a little, but I think his posting style was kinda similar to sunny's; post a little, disappear for the rest of the day (DLE did this near the middle, sunny near the end).
Um jumpluff's post was about your scummy behavior, and UncleSam's post about acidphoenix? And yes I was pressured to vote, but I wasn't pressured to vote DLE, acid was the best lynch imo but I decided to vote DLE because he had the most traction on it, majority was neccessary and I needed to make that happen. And no, it would change something if you stayed on acid and only him. Because you were still only having one scumread and people were extremely mad about how you refused to scumread someone, so you scumreading DLE and me solved the problem. Unfortunately, you decided to vote acid, so the problem came back.
I still don't think you understand how important it was to reach majority. The mafia could have easily voted you with some reasoning that would be weak but didn't really matter because you were going to L-2 and L-1 and were the best candidate to lynch because you were so close and we needed to hit majority. Then, they could easily make excuses the next day and thus get off the hook. No one was really strongly townreading you other than DLE, only slightly townreading you and it can easily change (which is what Celever did with his argument with me).
Yeah we'll never solve that problem
Celever you have been on, please at least try to respond (even if it's like 3 lines I value that more than no response), and jumpluff we need you here, only rssp1 and I have been doing anything and it's just a constant loop that isn't going to get us anywhere unless someone gives opinions that have actual reasoning

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Celever you have been on, please at least try to respond (even if it's like 3 lines I value that more than no response), and
Also I know that other people have shot a few questions at me earlier but if I didn't reply to them I either A) didn't have time and forgot about where the question is (and don't really have the time to read back through everything) or B) didn't think I could give a good answer.
Seriously, I'm really busy, and school hasn't even started again yet. Can we please get this game wrapped up by September the 2nd so I can maintain something similar to activity? >___>

BTW, just a note but your posts are formatted in a way that makes them really hard to read, UTO. Could you paragraph properly please, with a full line? Less strain on my eyes that way.

Seriously, I'm really busy, and school hasn't even started again yet. Can we please get this game wrapped up by September the 2nd so I can maintain something similar to activity? >___>

BTW, just a note but your posts are formatted in a way that makes them really hard to read, UTO. Could you paragraph properly please, with a full line? Less strain on my eyes that way.
rssp1 has done the exact same thing as well. anyways I'll help you with page 40-42 rn

idk why you're being so stubborn right now.
the problem was that acidphoenix was your only scumread, at a time where me and DLE were the lynch options. You weren't really trying to find out who was mafia between us two, but I guess your acidphoenix scumread was still fair; it's just that one scumread is very little at that stage, and you scumread someone who made no effort to defend himself. I also couldn't see any mention of DLE and I being scumread by you, please tell me where you said that. And again, you and Celever both changed opinions of each other very suddenly, so the scumread can easily be a quick bus as well (I'll wait to see how Celever responds before making this conclusion, it could still be legit). You also don't mention much about me being Celever's scumpartner. It seems obvious to me that you can't actually think of anyone being my scumpartner, and are forced to put someone, which is Celever your next highest scumread.

While I have don't have many problems with the actual playstyle, the fact that you played like that at a point where there were 4 scum remaining meant that there was a 1/2 chance of you being scum. You knew this, so I felt like you had to play cautiously because if you slipped, you would have shot right up there as a scumread by people due to there being 4 scum. Also, TIK and Ultrasplot didn't play cautious. They played EXTREMELY AGGRESSIVE, so the point doesn't make much sense. Explain?

Feel free to go and search jumpluff's posts then, I know that you aren't going to be willing to change your opinion anytime soon
Thanks for digging up the post
I can't really call those scumreads. If you were actually concerned about DLE's activity, you would have probably mentioned something about sunny or Pokeguy as well, you just chose the person who had the most votes behind him first. And you can't really say the vote was bandwagony, there was one and a half pages seperating our votes, and I could have just as easily voted acidphoenix. I went with the person who was the best lynch target, and that's all there is to it. So even if you think those are scumreads, they have false information backing them up. And it gets worse when you're null reading unclesam and yeti at that point because they are pro-town (maybe there's a reason for that?). The fact that you mentioned me attacking Celever in your previous post is also you protecting him tbh.

Yes I did, but you're forgetting that when you subbed in Ultras was getting more and more scumreads, which is why I think it caused you to play more cautiously, unfortunately for you it didn't work. You wouldn't do the same because like Ultras, gradually you would be getting more and more scumreads, especially after the DLE flip. Playing cautiously would be the safest move

I have read your point about jumpluff, if you're suggesting we go back and try to find information, by all means go do it.

Celever, if you say that you were scumreading rssp1 and he would only be doc if he was village, how about me? That can't mean that if I were village, then I would be a villager, because we already have jumpluff and you, so I have to be the doctor if I'm village. However, you claim that you were scumreading me less than rssp1, which is confusing, because then you would be more open to my doctor claim. Please explain. You never said anything against my doctor claim other than "rssp1 is more likely" and "I claimed more scummily" when neither are true.
acid posted about the nightkills during the middle of the day that and proven to be lurking . sunny had been talking but hasn't put anything useful. DLE was in the same situation but was an easier target, which is why you went for him. If anything, you're misunderstanding what I'm trying to say.

The reason I voted DLE was because at that time acid was not going to get lynched; me and DLE were the only targets. I was scumreading him, so I voted him. Do you understand how important it was to reach majority that day? If we didn't lynch someone we lost, and DLE was the only person that was going to be lynched, so I had to vote him.

Yeti made two posts about Ultras and DLE that worsened your case. jumpluff was also sorta scumreading you too. At that point where half of the players were mafia, you would still be a target.

Do you even understand why they were townread? It's because they made good useful posts. The fact that you townread Celever over them is insane. And why would you do it to them, but not jumpluff?

Because the Celever point was irrelevant seeing as he was the one who started the argument, the argument didn't change anything, and you felt the need to help your partner?
I already explained my thought process with DLE the post above. Plus, the post where I voted him has explanations I think.

I agree, DLE was too lazy to post. However, acid and sunny were too. Him saying he will post is kind of troubling, but that equals out when he actually posts something that kinda starts discussion instead of sunny(now pokeguy). So how did you feel about sunny at the time? What I'm trying to say is that DLE was one of the easeiest lynch targets so it's easy to put him up there when other players are doing the exact same thing. But I guess I kind of get what youre saying now, so I'm not going to push it. I still think 2 scumreads are really terrible at that point, but whatever.

Yes, and DLE was the better lynch, so I lynched him?

Two out of nine is still a lot considering half of the players are mafia, considering those players were town. And you did have some useful information, but you didn't post very much tbh, the reason that I didn't bring up too much was that I was busy defending myself (I was put on the defense immediately when I subbed in).

"UTO's vote on DLE seems excessively bandwagony - I mean yeah, you can say that he had some reasoning there but I don't like how he's pushing on acid without actually trying super hard to convince other people to lynch him - he's mostly defending himself and even going after Celever a little bit."

This is the point about you protecting Celever, there are many more connections between you and Celever, it's not just that
ok I've been really inactive so sorry about that. I will review all three pages and give my thoughts probably next day (school sucks). I just want to say rn that Celever has still not responded to any of my points regarding him and has only come on to respond to jumpluff (HMMMM). I am satisfied with acidphoenix for now although his case on me was extremely weak. jumpluff you have a lot of content in your posts that I haven't read yet, so far it looks pretty good, though I would like to figure out how you came to the conclusion that me and PokeguyNXB are the mafia (despite you saying Celever was extremely scummy to the point that rssp1 and me would both be town, as well as him just acting more scummily than Pokeguy right now.). I don't really see much about rssp1 and my argument, so it would be chill if you could cover that. Also I am curious to figure out why you think rssp1 and I would have the same amount of encouragement to kill Yeti, I would kill you in any situation, since I wouldn't be too worried about UncleSam because Yeti has been arguing with him and this would definitely help me case, Yeti also has a scumread on rssp1 so it would make more sense for him to kill Yeti. Also can't really defend myself, again I haven't seen much that points me to being mafia in anyone's cases other than rssp1 who I have been responding to (recent one I'll respond to right now)

pokeguy and unclesam would be a really strange scumteam. I don't feel like scumteams are a strong argument, like if you thought that way you also could have slightly scumread jumpluff because me and her were a possible scumteam, hopefully you get what I mean. I also still can't find the post, if you would post it here it would be nice.

What do you mean by scummy in a different way? That was your only point against him; with that gone, he should at most be a nullread to you. How does the gif make him look scummy? DLE also did contribute a little, but I think his posting style was kinda similar to sunny's; post a little, disappear for the rest of the day (DLE did this near the middle, sunny near the end).
Um jumpluff's post was about your scummy behavior, and UncleSam's post about acidphoenix? And yes I was pressured to vote, but
I wasn't pressured to vote DLE, acid was the best lynch imo but I decided to vote DLE because he had the most traction on it, majority was neccessary and I needed to make that happen. And no, it would change something if you stayed on acid and only him. Because you were still only having one scumread and people were extremely mad about how you refused to scumread someone, so you scumreading DLE and me solved the problem. Unfortunately, you decided to vote acid, so the problem came back.

I still don't think you understand how important it was to reach majority. The mafia could have easily voted you with some reasoning that would be weak but didn't really matter because you were going to L-2 and L-1 and were the best candidate to lynch because you were so close and we needed to hit majority. Then, they could easily make excuses the next day and thus get off the hook. No one was really strongly townreading you other than DLE, only slightly townreading you and it can easily change (which is what Celever did with his argument with me).

Yeah we'll never solve that problem

Celever you have been on, please at least try to respond (even if it's like 3 lines I value that more than no response), and jumpluff we need you here, only rssp1 and I have been doing anything and it's just a constant loop that isn't going to get us anywhere unless someone gives opinions that have actual reasoning

sorry, I've been coming off a pretty badly interacted combination of amitriptyline + clonazepam + topiramate, which nearly sent me to the psych ward among other things. I'm really sick and since I have to catch up with school myself and my uni transfer apps I can't give this game my full attention atm. At this stage in the game it would be pretty nonsensical and infeasible to sub me out, and subbing in any of the dead players would confirm my alliance to acidphoenix (the only person who questions it, apparently), so I'll play the game out but I cannot stress enough how unwell I am. I also needed a show of hands on all the votes which UTO didn't give (im assuming it's rssp1/celever tho), because we also need to be able to hit majority, realising that 2 votes are the Fire Mafia's and 1 vote is the Ice Mafia's. that being said its more important we hit majority than no lynch, so if acidphoenix would like to play chicken with me and risk we lynch wrong because village cannot hit majority by ourselves, he well deserves the loss. I am conjecturing AP clearly thinks I am scum but has no hope of convincing anyone except with a nightkill, in which case he thinks he has lost anyway. and he loses if he kills me anyway.

this makes me hesitant to go for a false doctor lynch because of the risk of error: the doctor needs to protect me to force acidphoenix to kill someone who actually has a chance of being the Fire Mafia tomorrow night. although I am starting to think acidphoenix will just intentionally hit town anyway, since there is no legitimate justification for arguing I am FM with anyone, especially as I have rescinded village control as we approach the lynch. I believe both doctor candidates trust me and don't see this as an unreasonable proposition. if we do succeed in lynching the false doctor however and the real doctor protects me, the only unknown element is the remaining Fire Mafia [Celever|PokeguyNXB].

this is something i wrote before my meds got fucked up and its a bit outdated but

The doctor absolutely must protect me tonight. The worst scenario for us, and the scenario the Fire Mafia most likely want (judging from certain questions asked of me in the day which made me suspect they were trying to pick the ideal nightkills), is for acidphoenix and me to die, leaving the doctor alive to pick between PokeguyNXB and Celever. Because everyone has read me as town today, a 2-1 situation with me alive would likely result in a town win (at the very worst mathematically it is the same chance of winning with doctor vs. PGNXB vs. Celever, the doctor would also be confirmed town but both are showing a lack of decisiveness).

The Fire Mafia want acid to kill me, and then they want to kill acid. acid needs to kill the surviving Fire Mafia to have any chance of winning because the Fire Mafia cannot risk acid killing anyone but me and need to kill acid to have any chance of winning. Likewise, acid needs the Fire Mafia eliminated to win. Therefore the doctor should protect me, so that acid cannot target me. acid is then forced to either target the doctor (a suboptimal play in every situation) or one of Celever/PokeguyNXB. If acid targets Celever/PokeguyNXB, it doesn't matter which dies because of process of elimination. If he hits the FM, we win. If he hits the townie, we still win because we know the identity of the FM (it's the one that lives).

Why is targeting the doctor a suboptimal play in every situation? First of all, they're a known element. Secondly, the doctor has no use tonight except to protect a townie. I doubt will be further nights after this (otherwise, only one), so the doctor is simply a confirmed town member. Thirdly, by killing the doctor acid is excluding literally any possibility of hitting Fire Mafia (which he believes he has by hitting me, which is false, and which he has a very good chance of by picking from between Celever and PokeguyNXB). Thus the Fire Mafia get a free hit on him while acid takes out a villager, leaving us in a 2-1 in which he literally cannot win.

So what happens if the Fire Mafia don't kill acid, and instead go for the villager? If acid goes for the villager, there's a very strong chance they crossover and their kills fail, leaving us in a 3-2 situation (we then lynch one, probably acid, and end up in either a 3-1 or 2-1 situation where we win). To avoid this, they need to signal to each other (so make sure to look for any signals they may have already left). The living FM risks being killed by acid, leaving us in a 2-1 in which the FM literally cannot win by virtue of elimination, and we win because we know the IM. Otherwise:

- The Fire Mafia can't kill me, because I'm being protected
- acid doesn't know who the Fire Mafia is, so he has to aim for (PokeguyNXB/Celever), which I already discussed, or the doctor
- The Fire Mafia knows who everyone is:
a) can't kill me, I'm being protected
b) can't kill the doctor, too strong risk of crossfire with acid
c) killing the third townie gives away their identity (or possibly crossfires with acid)

What if acid goes for the villager and the Fire Mafia goes for the doctor? Suboptimal, neither can risk it, and it puts the FM in a worse situation because acid has a good chance of accidentally hitting the remaining FM anyway.

But that will not happen, because the FM must go for the IM (tonight, or else they risk us handing the win to the Ice Mafia / losing to 50-50) to guarantee their win condition. Therefore we should seek to neutralise any likely hits on village from the IM (who has shown themselves to be poor at identifying the FM, judging by the UncleSam kill, or who may just react in hopelessness if we succeed in lynching... literally I can't even figure out who acid thinks is my partner, since I've been willing to lynch literally everyone except him today, which suggests he's put about five minutes of thought into my Day 2 play and is just paranoid again).
The doctor should also consider protecting themselves, those two are the only good plays. It leaves me open, but ensures the survival of an absolutely confirmed town member. The lynch scenarios acidphoenix already outlined so I won't bother to restate them. However my plan accidentally allowed for a very haxxy or signalled 1-1. It is also contingent on being confident in the correct doctor.

however what if we don't go for the doctor because of the even potential risk of killing our real doctor? then real doctor should be able to figure out who to protect I think, I am trusting this to the intelligence of the doctor. im thinking a celever lynch would be very handy, but we can't risk pokeguynxb being one of the last two villagers to be alive. therefore i hate that lynch, since i can't be sure who i should be lynching for the most chances of success (acid's mistake is assigning purely mathematical odds to everything, qualitative data must also be factored in, a 2-1 with jumpluff + the doctors claimant alive is a likelier win than true doctor + fake village [especially contingent on who the true doctor is]). but i think uto + celever as scum is an absurd proposition at this point. knowing celever's flip might actually be more powerful than the doctor's flip since it can open up literally the entire game's identity. except for me since i'm not tied to anyone (which should be a very strong indication that i'm not fire mafia, and i can't be the ice mafia, so...) but we'd need to hit the right one whcih is a lot harder. the other problem is celever as town is far less useful than celever as scum flip. ?? input

fwiw I think UTO and PokeguyNXB are the fire mafia, or rssp1 and PokeguyNXB if im wrong about UTO, which is still quite possible, but i do value the ice mafia's read here probably more than anyone's, as well as my read from yesterday and unclesam's and da letter el's, since the im have every incentive to hunt for the fire mafia, even if they've read things very questionably (their accidental villager misfires while aiming for fire mafia may end up at 2 by the end of this game lol). i dont think theres a flip for celever that wont make me disgusted. I think the lynch on rssp1 was distancing ploy. the extreme buddying followed by rssp1's distance looks like clear wifom with an insurance policy. their partnertells are extreme, but very risky for day 3 play as the possibility of a celever lynch is very real. im still considering it actually. I don't agree that UTO's claim was scummy, I think his attempt to paint PGNXB as the doctor was questionable, but celever's response to it made celever look sooooo bad that I'm not sure. but this is what i wanted to point out about UTO

I doubt he would do this with pokeguy since pokeguy has been acting antidoctor (dont know how else to put it) and would not ask the same thing otherwise.
this is extremely weird since UTO attempted to, depending how you see it, paint pokeguy (stealth fire mafia) as the doctor without implicating themselves, at the start of the day, which is a very oddly certain play for someone who flip-flopped between scumreads very quickly, i understand the rationale of wanting to bluff and disguise someone else as the doctor and even bait out a false claim, but it seemed rather calculated to me, since pokeguy was indeed acting antidoctor. the way UTO reacted to celever struck me as having full certainty of who everyone in the game was. and the only people who know that are the fire mafia. this is also the problem i had with celever's play, which muddies it a bit. if UTO and pgnxb are the fire mafia and celever demands a cc then it only leaves rssp as doctor, since apparently nobody really considered the possibility i was baiting. i hope this does at least exclude for acid the idea that celever and i might be fire mafia together, or uto and i. but rssp1 has also done something bizarre that i will write about later in its own section.

the nightkills are unfortunate, since they're about equally weighted in terms of why didn't the doctor block them. i know what happened if rssp1 is the doctor, if uto is the doctor i assume uto protected me instead of yeti anticipating a higher rate of success and figuring people would just assume the doctor obeyed sam's request for protection. the mafias killed assuming unclesam or i would be protected, which is important, i think, but it's not weighted fully either way. you see, rssp1 is the only player who would be likely to not consider protecting unclesam or me as of day 2. obviously we can exclude the possibility fire mafia thought i was ice mafia because i pushed dle lynch at the end over a uto lynch.

say we lynch pokeguynxb.
if pokeguynxb is town then what does that mean? well then we're at 2-2-1 which is not great, but we still have the doctor, and we know celever is scum, in which case we know almost to a certainty the real doctor.
if celever is town then what does that mean? we know pokeguynxb is scum which doesn't implicate a partner as strongly, and we can't assume the real doctor as certainly, although we can probably conclude it's rssp since i believe pgnxb was sincere about who he wanted to lynch.
i dont know, i genuinely dont have all the answers and im really not well, like im getting nauseated sitting at the computer.

are all lynch options as viable?

well acid is determined to no lynch. and so we need fire mafia to hit majority. which means if we lynch fire mafia they can block it. in which case acidphoenix can switch his vote because we will have a confirmed fire mafia lynch which is better than him for no lynch i think?

if he refuses to lynch then i dont know. i dont think we can get 4 votes on rssp1. which worries me a bit because again we need a fire mafia vote here so if we can't get it suggests fire mafia. if uto is town we have guaranteed 4 votes because celever is not uto's partner. if uto is scum then we can only get 3. pokeguynxb and celever are interesting cases because i believe certain person lied about their willingness to lynch one of them. the ice mafia might be more predisposed to vote here, but the potential village mislynch is too disastrous a possibility for it to happen i think. in which case identical logic applies, the fire mafia will not bus today so only 3 town votes will be placed (possibly less if the doctor is wrong, but the doctor knows we need to hit majority, and im not sure if the doctors can agree on a candidate not themeslves or acidphoenix to lynch, lol), but the fire mafia may hold back hammering to have acid hammer instead.

so im not sure what to do without full knowledge of where people are willing to place their votes.

ive already written quite a lot about celever and celever apparently didnt consider it worth his notice and neither did anyone else

thoughts on players

i think pokeguynxb's contributions today have been the most actually neutral other than mine, but could heavily be due to hesitance to implicate himself and UTO. he's already on record multiple times as saying he believes UTO is the real doctor. and the thing is its far more plausible than Celever is giving it credit because walrein did the exact same mafia/doc thing as ultras/rssp did over two players.

and i think we do need to look at walrein, which nobody is doing in depth because walrein made a whole lot of nothing posts, which as i noted was hugely scummy. i already made a huge post about walrein. but i mean specifically analysiing partners, weighting it for the time. walrein consistently scumread pokeguynxb which wasnt a bold stance, it is ltierally equal doctor or equal pokeguynxb's partner. but i believe somebody made the point about this post where lesser prio scumreads is something scum will do for their partner (? did i misread that post, maybe they meant the other scum). ofc ice mafia and fire mafia are hunting for each other. but can you really justify celever + walrein or celever + uto? nah i cannot see it, they have been aggressive towards each other the entire game without giving each others outs or reprieves, and it is not onesided, it is dual-sided and over both iterations of $player['Hannahh'].

but lets reexamine the post i made about walrein and see how it holds up now we've had three flips since and the reveal of acid as dle's ice king. while there was a strong analysis of walrein as basically outing himself as scum, a lot of it was predicated on a relationship between DLE and walrein. citation but it became blatantly obvious over the day that DLE and UTO were not allied, and it is now proven impossible. everything else i read about walrein sounds like a self-conscious doctor as much as weak and disengaged scum play. and walrein is a super self-conscious player, so idk.

i read pokeguynxb as a townier version of acidphoenix, but my assessment of acid's play was proven correct and pgnxb subbed back into the game, which for the exact same reasons i suggested acid was mafia suggests pgnxb is mafia, its not a very useful meta read either way. so we have this weird situation where pokeguynxb is essentially a negative identity and as ive stated before that suits the fire mafia perfectly and could be a very deliberate strategy. nobody will comment on anything i say about celever so i cant develop my thoughts further. im still reading the rssp1 vs. uto argument looking for anything thats pertinent. celever is whining about activity but refuses to even try to engage with either uto or me and i dont know how much leash i can give celever there for stubborn play and not just being really obnoxious scum, sorry. but we know celever has to be town if pgnxb is mafia. so you see the problem i have.

rssp1 and pokeguynxb

one thought i keep coming back to is rssp1's post asking celever to claim, which has a number of circular paradoxes. specifically the line 'looks like celever'sgoing to be lynched today'. no input on whether celever should be lynched or not, no defence of celever, nothing that could tie him to celever, no attempt to save celever, no asking people to hold their horses (whereas i went absolutely apeshit as soon as i woke up and saw people lynching that early in the day). rssp1 explain? what do you all make of this? to me that looks like rssp1 possibly allowing a mislynch intentionally. but that is only possible in that scenario if rssp1 is pgnxb's partner (or mine technically, ironically that'd actually be more plausible because as i stated what made me lower my suspicion of rssp1 + pgnxb was rssp1 trying to get a doctor claim out of celever), because otherwise he's bussing his own partner on day 3. yet how can a townie be so uninvested in the lynch, especially on a player he reads as town? if rssp1 is the real doctor and celever is really town then celever cannot false claim doctor without dying (and at this time we had no claim from UTO), so it doesn't look like a very safe move, the only thing it does is eliminate one of the possibilities where celever can be scum. and if rssp1 is the real doctor and truly reads celever so strongly as town as he testified himself above that post (page 36 for reference) then what is he doing to stop this disaster from happening, especially since at the time uto and i were on record as anti-celever? so is celever just playing really weirdly or is it rssp + pokeguynxb fire mafia? if it's rssp + celever we know they were attempting to get each other to claim doctor, that is the only way rssp can be certain in that situation. i can go on and on explaining all the spirals of this situation but you can figure it out yourself probably.

also ??? at pokeguynxb's yelling at acidphoenix over the lynch thing because
and i believe hammer is 4 votes currently?
from the celever vote but like he gains nothing from pretending not to know what hammer is there so i think pgnxb just genuinely forgot.

wishy washy long post i know but im REALLY SICK and also tired of writing big posts only to have them ignored (hi celever hi celever hi celever HI CELEVER) and then people request my presence, when i have study commitments and serious life issues and have contributed almost consistently throughout all of them. and i just want to get this lynch over and done with, but so much hangs on it for the town that i'm incredibly anxious, especially because i can't just judge everyone by how well they're playing.

tl;dr i want people to help me figure out the best possible lynch and also to comment on the things i've said about them in this post (whcih i accept is hard to read, its fucking hard to write and has taken me hours) or in my long post on monday (late sunday for most of you people prolly) about celever and pgnxb. i think pgnxb is probably likely to be among the fire mafia based on elimination + partnertells + clear good cop/bad cop pattern of play from the fire mafia (i believe that one fire mafia is trying to stay hidden to avoid acid's kill in which case that would point to pgnxb more than celever) but celever's scumminess is overwhelming and celever can't ever make a sensible case for him to be town. which i find to be weird because rssp1 can do it, uto can do it, i can do it. it makes celever look like a scapegoat but what the fuck is up with celever.

I don't think you're scum, I'm no lynching because it's the only possibility that isn't 100% me losing. I already mapped out why.

Although at this point, I'm perfectly willing to just lynch whoever just to get this over with; it's 99% percent me losing even if we no lynch.

Celever

i am town
I don't think you're scum, I'm no lynching because it's the only possibility that isn't 100% me losing. I already mapped out why.

Although at this point, I'm perfectly willing to just lynch whoever just to get this over with; it's 99% percent me losing even if we no lynch.
Yeah, we're not really going to No Lynch. It benefits no one but you lol.

And jumpluff I haven't been ignoring your posts! :c I guess I haven't seen much to reply to, but I'm taking all the info in and reading them.

I count 'reading a substantial amount of words analysing my behaviour, asking questions about it, and comparing and contrasting motives with other players whom I've talked to, while also discussing the possibility of lynching me, and somehow having nothing to say on the subject no matter who brings it up' as ignoring it tbh

Oh no sorry I understand why you were NLing. I meant those are two separate components of your strategy. But I didn't know you don't read me as scum, I took those scumpluff caveats overly literally I think.

I really want to wrap up the day and move into the lynch because the game can't progress further without the results, I feel like nobody has anything to say anymore and we are all essentially repeating ourselves. But I don't want to go into it and then fail to hit majority or pick suboptimally. So finalising which whomever seems like the only thing left.

Any thoughts, Celever? Any preferences between UTO lynch and Pokeguy lynch? Which is likelier to lead to a town victory? Which is safer?

Celever

i am town
Any thoughts, Celever? Any preferences between UTO lynch and Pokeguy lynch? Which is likelier to lead to a town victory? Which is safer?
I've said before that lynching between docs is a greater chance of victory for us if we get it right but if we get it wrong it's pretty bloody bad. Pokeguy is the safer lynch but we don't get much info from it so I'm inclined to say lynching between docs is preferable, but really I'm easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)