Nickname discussion

I don't like how I can't name my Linoone 'HM Slave' anymore.
Perhaps you can call it 'Petty Minion' or 'Walkmon' (the latter because it will be eating 4 HM discs and it's a mon instead of a man)

Do PC names count by the way?
My Omega Ruby PC is called Ludwig, and he's a Guitarist (Beethoven reference).

Here we are, my 1,000th post! Time to celebrate this with a bunch of Star Wars nicknames since I can't wait to see The Force Awakens

Y-Wing the Yveltal
Death Star the Electrode (both are round and are known for exploding)
Darth Vader the Mewtwo (both are angry and will telekinetically choke you to death)
Bulba Fett the Bulbasaur
Chewbacca the Ursaring
Wicket the Teddiursa
Palpatine the Palpitoad

Also, Wes the Darkrai. Any horror fan knows why I'm saying this today.

I like names that represent natural phenomena, such as Maelstrom the Blastoise or Tephra the Typhlosion. Names that are normal people names with the elements incorporated I like as well, such as Skylar the Staraptor. And of course, sometimes I just make names that refer to the Pokemon's qualities themselves and I end up really liking it; take for example Polaris the Electrode or Cadence the Chatot.

Since i've started my Nuzlocke in X, I've gotten a few nicknames I quite like. If anyone has a good nickname for a male Amaura/Aurorus though please tell me, can't think of one for him. Would of been Jasmine if female.

McCloud the Delphox, i'm not a Star Fox fan but this fits well.
Goldenrod the Y-Flower Florges.
Champ the Lapras. Most Lapras are named Nessie, but as the one I got is male, I thought I would name it after North America's version of the sea monster!
Sycamore the Venusaur. A plant... named after Prof. Sycamore... I couldn't think of a nice one for a male, so there!
Thoth/Toph the Pidgeotto. RIP Toph. If she had been male, I think the Egyptian god with a bird head would of fit nicely. I now realize I probably did the Avatar character name by mistake.
Iron Giant the Golett.
Ashley the Pikachu, she was female, and I named her after Ash. RIP.
Lancelot the Ralts. He would of been a Gallade at one point, but I lost him during Grant's gym.
Anubis the Lucario. I like Egypt mythology, okay? xD

Had a Garchomp in Gen 5 that I named Rugal B. Yes, that Rugal. pretty much because re-enacting KOF94's infamous phase 2 of that fight is pretty much what happened next, most of the time.

brightobject

there like moonlight
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Name bird Pokemon LilDicky, would be a good homage to the up-and-coming rapper (his irl name is Dave Burd, check him out if you're into hip-hop/alienated by egotistical/'gangsta' hip hop)

similarly, name Pyrooar/Litleo Snoop

Winchester is a nice name for any of those cannon/gun pokes

all bw ingame pokemon should be nicknamed banned deucer.

Putin for Stunky/Skuntank, they're evil and they fart a lot

And of course if you want to really feel the japanian inside you you can just use their japanese name romanized

Reactions: JES
I've given three different starters Harry Potter themed Nicknames at three separate points in my life.

Nagini (Voldemort's snake) the Serperior in Black (2011)

Norbert (The dragon in the first book) the Charizard in X (2013)

Mudblood the Swampert in AS (2014)

I guess that franchise is ingrained deeper than I thought.

Nicknames I'm proud of:

Cherno Alpha the Golett/Golurk in X

Trasha Ha (The little girl in Crash and the Boys in Scott Pilgram) the Crogunk/Toxicroak in Platinum

MC the Sudowoodo with Hammer Arm and Wood Hammer in Soul Silver

Yertle the Carrocassa in Black

Wheatley the Magnizone (Made more sense as a Magnemite) in Black 2

Santasaurus the Tyrantrum in X

Right now I'm doing a Platinum run where the Trainer is named Skipper and he has Rico the Empoleon, Kowalski the Kricketune and Private the Gallade (Made more sense as a Ralts)

Just got Xerneas in the nuzlocke, and I decided to keep it because it's technically my first encounter down in Lysandre's labs. :3

I named it "The Spirit of Christmas" because I couldn't remember any mythology related names. Even the one it's based off of. It looks so much worse in-game though, as "SpiritOfXmas". I managed to think of a name for Aurorus though! He is now known as Borealis. :D

Just got Xerneas in the nuzlocke, and I decided to keep it because it's technically my first encounter down in Lysandre's labs. :3

I named it "The Spirit of Christmas" because I couldn't remember any mythology related names. Even the one it's based off of. It looks so much worse in-game though, as "SpiritOfXmas". I managed to think of a name for Aurorus though! He is now known as Borealis. :D
If it's got a bad nature and IVs just call it xzern

I've decided to rename my Rattata after I thought of something better. The thought about how cute that footage of the rats fighting over that slice of pizza in the streets of New York City came mind (rather randomly), and my dad's comment on how much they are known to love cheese.
There is also the entry under Rattata in the Team Rocket TCG collection, where it says they like nuts, milk, and you guessed it: cheese. So my Rattata now is known as I <3 Cheese.

Tux the Piplup.
Named after a certain penguinian ambassador that is most prominently associated with a well-established open-source operating system.
He prefers his fish with extra salt, and it should only be served when ice-cold.
Give plenty of massages, but don't feed after midnight.
We are not responsible for any empty vending machines inside your Secret Base.
He just likes to bathe.
That is all.

I happen to quite be random with Pokemon names, although not usually on purpose. Sometimes I name Pokemon with no thought into it, and sometimes I name Pokemon that have a perfectly fitting name to them. I named my Banette "Mario" because it is male and Banettes are based off marionettes, no? It also has Will-O-Wisp which can relate to fireballs...

I happen to quite be random with Pokemon names, although not usually on purpose. Sometimes I name Pokemon with no thought into it, and sometimes I name Pokemon that have a perfectly fitting name to them. I named my Banette "Mario" because it is male and Banettes are based off marionettes, no? It also has Will-O-Wisp which can relate to fireballs...
That's actually pretty clever. I commend you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)