SPOILERS! "What Isn't A Pokemon Yet" Repository (+ Type Combinations & Super Forms)

Did anyone mention the Persian manticore yet? Before you ask, no; Pyroar is just a lion whose male gender has a daimonji for a mane.

I think something can be done with the alligator snapping turtle. From a physical counterpart to Blastoise, complete with many spiky, spiny protrusions, to a play on the term, making an alligator with a turtle shell (I guess it might look a little like Bowser), it probably could be made to look unique enough.

Does anyone know the name of that tadpole-like underwater animal that eats its own brain to turn into a plant? That should be a Pokémon.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Does anyone know the name of that tadpole-like underwater animal that eats its own brain to turn into a plant? That should be a Pokémon.
Already included several kinds of Tunicates.

Guess it's time to update the list with stuff I've been doing on my private list:

ADDED:
Arachnid:
Wheel Spider/Moroccan Flic-Flac Spider
Plant: Ongaonga Tree, Seed Spitting Plant
Objects: Arrowhead, Broom
Food: Miracle Fruit
Concepts: Alkahest, Grey Goo, Birthflower, Butterfly Effect, Photographic/Eidetic Memory, Sport Player/Athlete (various sports), Rod of Asclepius/Asklepian, Caduceus
Celtic: Hooded Spirits
Arabian: One Thousand and One Nights
African: Shakpana/Sopona/Babalu-Aye, Ikenga, Adroa, Khonvoum, Tiddalik
Biblical: Forbidden Fruit
Common: Slaying Loyal Pet (The Brahmin and the Mongoose/Gelert of Wales)

CHANGES (And Additions):
1. Moved "Mikoshi" into Objects.
2. Moved "Yamabushi" to Concepts.
3. Moved "Arabhar" to Arabian.
4. I changed a lot of the Asian and Hindu subcategory in the Mythology category. I combined the Hindu into the Asian subcategory and split the Asian subcategory into the following sub-subcategories: Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Philippines, Buddhism, and Hinduism. I also added some more mythical creatures/beings to them.

Already included several kinds of Tunicates.

Guess it's time to update the list with stuff I've been doing on my private list:

ADDED:
Arachnid:
Wheel Spider/Moroccan Flic-Flac Spider
Plant: Ongaonga Tree, Seed Spitting Plant
Objects: Arrowhead, Broom
Food: Miracle Fruit
Concepts: Alkahest, Grey Goo, Birthflower, Butterfly Effect, Photographic/Eidetic Memory, Sport Player/Athlete (various sports), Rod of Asclepius/Asklepian, Caduceus
Celtic: Hooded Spirits
Arabian: One Thousand and One Nights
African: Shakpana/Sopona/Babalu-Aye, Ikenga, Adroa, Khonvoum, Tiddalik
Biblical: Forbidden Fruit
Common: Slaying Loyal Pet (The Brahmin and the Mongoose/Gelert of Wales)

CHANGES (And Additions):
Moved "Mikoshi" into Objects.
2. Moved "Yamabushi" to Concepts.
3. Moved "Arabhar" to Arabian.
4. I changed a lot of the Asian and Hindu subcategory in the Mythology category. I combined the Hindu into the Asian subcategory and split the Asian subcategory into the following sub-subcategories: Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Philippines, Buddhism, and Hinduism. I also added some more mythical creatures/beings to them.
I would argue Alakazam represents Eidetic memory, given it was stated in a Dex entry it remembers everything since its birth. :v

As a side note, do we have a Reptoid alien on the list? Like, Elgyem and Beeheeyem are Gray aliens, so why not the next popular alien?

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
I would argue Alakazam represents Eidetic memory, given it was stated in a Dex entry it remembers everything since its birth. :v

As a side note, do we have a Reptoid alien on the list? Like, Elgyem and Beeheeyem are Gray aliens, so why not the next popular alien?
That's more of a secondary thing for Alakazam though to show its super smart, when I say Eidetic Memory I mean a Pokemon who has that as their main or part of their main focus.

And yes, we have "Reptillians" on the Alien's list.

To kind of think out of the box as I'm in that group of people that like the clever 'inanimate object' concepts: We've got monsters that represent our garbage (but what about radioactive waste?), an embodiment of magnetism (hey what about an embodiment of gravity and the nuclear forces?), we've got living rocks but no such thing as a living blob of water or fire (Chandlure family is close), and while the in game world is adapting really well with contemporary technology (and border-lining science-fiction territory) we've got no 'mons that appear to be an embodiment of any of it (I mean if grimer can spontaneously live why not a computer?).

I hope I worded that right.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
EsurioXY:
Hmm, I'll admit I'm a bit on the fence about some of your suggestions since they're bit vague.

Radioactive waste: I think I can add this one to the list. :) I'm putting it as "Radioactive Waste/Biohazard"
Embodiment of gravity: "Gravity-manipulator" is on the list.
Embodiment of nuclear forces:
Essentially.
Living water:
They're 80 percent water, that's close enough, right?
Living fire:
Okay they're more living magma/lava but close enough, right?
Living Elemental: Being more serious, the thing about the Pokemon that are living rocks is that a rock isn't just "a rock". There are different kind of rocks and rocks can form or be made into different shapes. But something like fire, water, electricity is just energy and for the most part what you see is what there is. Like what's the different kinds of fires you can see, different colored flames? Sure water can be manipulated into different shapes but it can't hold that shape. Electricity's nature has it only exist for mere seconds going directly to one place to another in a bolt shape. The element by itself doesn't really inspire much inspiration, but combined with something that can manipulate the element? That's where these elements become interesting, while there's some interest in themselves the bigger interest is what other things can do with these elements.
Animated Technology: We also have a few examples of that on the list. Not a computer per se (also Metagross is sort of like a living computer server) but we have robots and other pieces of technology. I'm a bit iffy about adding computer/laptop/tablet because just it alone doesn't seem like much to go on. Something related to the computer sure, but the computer itself? Also we've have technological Pokemon that danced around this like the Porygon family, Voltorb family, Rotom, and the Klink family. It's not the computer which is cool, it's what the computer can do is cool.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Manaphy and Phione are based off of a specific animal whose name escapes me, I don't believe they're supposed to be living water.

Magma/Lava is not the same as fire, but living firing honestly sounds boring.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Manaphy and Phione are based off of a specific animal whose name escapes me, I don't believe they're supposed to be living water.

Magma/Lava is not the same as fire, but living firing honestly sounds boring.
Manaphy and Phione are based on Clione/Sea Angels.

And I was mainly joking about using them as examples, hence my comments and including my actual thoughts on living elementals. Then again they also help prove my point a bit.
Manaphy and Phione are mostly made of water so can be considered a water elemental, but that's not all there is to them. They're also based on Sea Angels and given the theme of being natural navigators of the sea. And being watery as they are they can change their size and deform their bodies to either make it easier to float, dive, or get through small/tight spaces.
The Slugma family isn't just living magma/lava, but its also a slug-like and later a snail-like creature. The theme comes to play that they can't stop moving otherwise they'd solidify. Pokemon-Amie further expands on this by making it impossible to pet a Slugma since its made of burning.
It's not the element itself that's interesting, it's what they do with it.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Codraroll:
Oh you're right, that is odd. And Grass is called Grass-type in Japan (then again it probably should be called Plant-type, similar to how Steel-type should be called Metal-type). Anyway I added "Grass" to the list (one a side note I once made a Pokemon which has a grass theme, but this is not the place to talk about it. Just wanted to say that there is a way to make a Pokemon out of grass, at least I did).

Antihaxxer:
Oddish is based on the mythical Mandrake. However its Japanese name, Nazonokusa, does mean "enigmatic grass". Though that's countered by its Species name in both languages being "Weed Pokemon". On that same note Snivy & Servine is called the "Grass Snake Pokemon", Pansage is the "Grass Monkey Pokemn", and Verizon Virizion is the "Grassland Pokemon".

Added:
I added "Artificial Grass".
2. I combined "Tetromino" with "Tangram/Pentomino" to make "Tangram/Tetromino/Pentomino".

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
I think we first need to discuss whether Victini counts as being based on a nuclear weapon/generator or not. I remember everyone saying it was based on nuclear energy but that idea seems to have died down.

I could accept Victini as being nuclear powered inspired, but its not exactly explicit so its up to interpretation. (considering the poor opinion Nuclear Power has in Japan right now I doubt we'd get any explicit nuclear inspired mon unless its radioactive and in a 'negative' light)

I will correct myself and admit that I completely ignored the Porygon family as a living computer. It literally is the only 'artificial' pokemon family and is explicitly technology based.

About embodiment of water or fire, well look at base Rotom, its obviously living lightning. The ghost typing is vestigial at best and flavor at worst - I think its just a way to explain its incorporeal existence. Any 'element' can be contrived into a 'mon.

Hell thats an idea for a legen---

[We interrupt this post to advise against the very easy temptation of wishlisting. While it is easy to do wishlisting is bad 'mkay :D]

---elements.

Anyways, what about any version of a super-organism, like a colony of ants that are comprised of many many individuals but can also be treated as one organism. I guess Dugtrio comes closest and Vespiquen kinda alludes to it.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Okay, I'll add Nuclear to the list.

I'd say Rotom is more based on a poltergeist (object possession) with possibly a slight bit of gremlin (electronic malfunctioning).

I think Zygarde may be taking your idea of a "super-organism". ;) There's also the Binacle family and we do have some animals on the list that would be considered "super organisms". I think for this one one if you have a specific one in mind it might be a better idea to name it instead.

Here's the latest updates:

Additions:
Prince Rupert's Drop, Klein Bottle, & Pythagorean Cup added to "OBJECTS"
2. Chattering Teeth, Stress Ball, Pin Art, Chinese Finger Trap, Plasma Globe, Euler’s Disk, Whoopie Cushion, Itching/Sneezing Powder, & Stink Bomb added to "Toys".
3. Nuclear/Atomic Power, Butterflies in Stomach, & Fight-or-flight Response added to "CONCEPTS".

1. Shaymin's design is largely based on grass.

2. How about Pokémon based on one or multiple great old ones? Cthulhu, Cthugha, Hastur, Yog-Sothoth, Nyarlathotep, Azathoth...

Are unlikely, awkward animals or objects fused together/being one pokémon on the list? You know, something like a cat being allergic to itself or an ice type with a fire sac in its body. The closest pokémon that comes into my mind when its about this, is probably Garchomp (shark+dinosaur). But its understandable because Garchomp's probably a landshark. I can't seem to remember any other pokémon with this being the base of their designs.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
That's more of a secondary thing for Alakazam though to show its super smart, when I say Eidetic Memory I mean a Pokemon who has that as their main or part of their main focus.

And yes, we have "Reptillians" on the Alien's list.
But that's not so rare in psychic Pokemons though.
Even Jynx and Gothitelle are shown to do that. (Remembering every detail even after 10 years)

So I wouldn't think they would make a Pokemon solely for that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)