Official Smogon Fantasy Football Thread - 2015-16 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
my receivers are john brown and jeremy maclin lol.. average af. but my running backs are insane.
heh, i have them + Jordan Matthews and Brandon Marshall. and Mike Wallace, Funchess and Quick.

i'm also pretty stacked at RB with Hill/Miller/Woodhead/Ivory.

Ivory might be underutilized if the Colts jump out to an early lead and force the Jets to throw a lot, Abdullah who the fuck knows for now how often he's even gonna get opportunities. You're crazy if you bench Hyde (or Lacy).

what the hell league are you getting all of those RBs, or how bad are your WRs jesus
did you see the Clots vs Buffalo LOL

i'd be riding ivory all day erry day, but not B-Marsh (vontae davis >> joe haden imo). abdullah might only see 10 touches so has the most bust potential of all 4, hyde looked great, and ivory did too while both will have a guaranteed workload. imo I'd sell on abdullah when his hype reaches a maximum (you can probably get top 15 WR value if he continues to look good for the next 2 weeks) so you aren't forced to bench talent every week.

In one league, I had Cooks, Evans, and Keenan Allen starting along with Bradford. And in League D, I benched Brady for Brees. T_T

EDIT: LOL I just realized that my highest scoring player on that team with Bradford is Justin Tucker. Also just realized that Lacy's done for the game, so I may be able to win with fucking 50.36 fantasy points because my opponent shit the bed as well as long so Marshall doesn't destroy me.

Last edited:
before monday night football in league D: down by 35 points.... now i have brandon marshall and donte moncrief giving me the W

and next week i get leveon bell back! life is good

Ugh had a terrible week all across and got buried on Monday Night in League D. Brees and the Saints sunk my team badly. Need Foster to come back ASAP.

Didn't mean to come off as insulting, just a little frustrated with how this week went.

Last edited:

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Fun fact, I traded Charles for Bell the day after draft day because I fucked up, and in the 2 weeks that Bell's been out, his replacement (the handcuffed DeAngelo Williams) has outscored Charles. Thanks for filling in, old fella.

Also thoughts on fantasy so far:

Man I'm glad I reached on Jarvis Landry, even in 0.5 ppr he looks like a stud.

Owning two shares of Amari Cooper also makes me happy.

Don't always believe pre season hype, Bradford looks just as shitty as ever.

What's wrong with Luck?

There's even less on waivers than usual this season. Especially in the bloodbath known as League b, it's a 12 teamer with deep benches and holy shit pickings are slim.

Unlucky Desperado

Banned deucer.
Giving up Brees for Bradford sigh. Luckily when Martavis Bryan comes back I have a great flex instead of trying to put in 3 RBs that are highly inconsistent. I can still do well if Demarco Murray or LeSean McCoy return to form and Eddie Lacy recovers.

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
yes, jarvis landry looks great especially in ppr leagues. targeted him in most of my leagues and i have him in 3 out of 5 of them.

after a very heartbreaking loss in week 1 of smogon B league (up with AP + rudolph + vikings d vs carlos hyde), i'm glad even with hilton ailing i put up a solid point total this week and got a win.

Fuck Drew Brees and the Saints.
hey fuck you

after a very heartbreaking loss in week 1 of smogon B league (up with AP + rudolph + vikings d vs carlos hyde), i'm glad even with hilton ailing i put up a solid point total this week and got a win.
I guess I played you. My League B team really shat the bed this week

Still, able to pull off a winning record overall in all my leagues after an eventful week. Lost some combo of Brees, Romo, and Lacy for potentially multiple games

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Going down 0-2 in Smogon League as the Miller/Stewart combo has thus far been miserable, 0-2 in my old friend's ESPN league because league-high scores against me both weeks.

On the bright side, I went $4 positive on FanDuel/DraftKings and I'm averaging over 180 in #strongs league over the first two weeks.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I'm 1-1 in all my leagues (a league, b league and real life league). I like my league B team the most cause I'll have Bell and Gurley coming in but my league A team can be pretty good if Moncrieff breaks out and Decker continues to play well

Ivory finally scraped together enough to give me the win. but my future is now murky as hell.

my standard league team is in even worse shape with Lacy questionable and Miller not getting anything going.

what do you guys think are the repercussions of changing the scoring setting so that players get added points when they get return yards and TDs?

a commish in one of my leagues wanted to change this entering week 3 but i believe it should have been changed pre-draft since it boosts the values of some players (such as landry) and affects draft decisions...

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
To my one week fantasy players, need advices:

Trying FanDuel for the first time and want to know if there is a particular strategy I should be using. I based these picks mostly off matchups and a couple hunches, trying to spread my budget evenly across all positions. Should I be focusing more on premium studs in a few slots and then looking for bargains at the bottom? Or is the "even footing" strategy I'm employing the best way to go? I feel like Cam Newton has a good matchup this week, Alfred Morris and LeSean McCoy are due for a score or two, Allen Robinson should see a lot of action because the Jags are playing the Pats and thus will be throwing all day, etc. What do?

EDIT: I just noticed Cleveland switched back to McCown at QB, so I've ditched Travis Benjamin for James Jones since I doubt McCown will be chucking deep balls like Manziel was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)