The Everything some hero (NFL) Thread - 2015-16 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't count the Bengals as a contender because Dalton just isn't that good. He's had a productive year stat-wise so far but mostly on the merits of his Offensive Line playing out of their minds and a finally dangerous tight end in Eifert to draw attention from Green. When the OL is playing more an average level you get what you saw this past Sunday. Dalton struggled a lot with accuracy and constantly tried to force balls to Green rather than going through his progressions. The only reason the Bengals even won Sunday was because Big Ben gifted them three free INTs (who knows why, call it post-injury rust?) and because Bell went down. Dalton is going to start settling back to Earth for the remainder of the season, you heard it here first. Marvin Lewis is also terrible and the only reason he's still the coach is because the GM has managed to assemble such an incredibly talented team that is masking his deficiencies.

As for the Panthers, I think Newton is a better QB than Dalton and Rivera a better coach than Lewis, but they don't have nearly the offensive talent to keep up with a Patriots team that can seemingly drop 40 points on any team it wants if Lord Belichick wills it. Their defense is definitely solid, but the aforementioned offensive talent void combined with Newton's general inconsistency in his accuracy prevent them from being any real threat to whichever team the AFC will ultimately offer (at this point probably NE or maaaaaaaybe Denver)

Pittsburgh could have challenged New England if they kept Bell healthy, but at this stage they simply limp into the playoffs, possibly win the wild card and then get annihilated by NE or DEN.

I don't count the Bengals as a contender because Dalton just isn't that good. He's had a productive year stat-wise so far but mostly on the merits of his Offensive Line playing out of their minds and a finally dangerous tight end in Eifert to draw attention from Green.
So? The OLine and receivers are part of the team. If they're so good that they make Dalton look elite, that doesn't make the Bengals any less of a super bowl contender

semi-double posting since people already posted so I dun wanna edit

This is Colin Kaepernick not noticing a literally free 97-yard touchdown pass to Torrey Smith.
Yeah that is just so wrong...fuck the OC if he called a run play or whoever, 2 guys so wide open, fucking look at one of them and toss them the damn ball ffs >.>

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So? The OLine and receivers are part of the team. If they're so good that they make Dalton look elite, that doesn't make the Bengals any less of a super bowl contender
What I mean is that they aren't ever going to win a Super Bowl with Dalton and Lewis. They look good now because they've played soft or injured opponents, but once the tough games start they'll choke, as always, because a team needs a quality leader to win a Super Bowl (with extremely few exceptions)

If there's one clear difference between this year's Dalton and last year's it's that he actually seems to adjust his game when he starts choking. He played like shit for 2-3 quarters against the best teams he's played, Pittsburgh and Seattle, but actually pulled it together towards the end and won the game, while the past few years usually the Bengals would just continue to shit the bed through the rest of the game.

Still, I'm not seeing the difference between a shitty offense "led" by a good quarterback and an offense that's just all around good and playing together well. Though I think my opinion of Dalton is also higher than yours.

What I mean is that they aren't ever going to win a Super Bowl with Dalton and Lewis. They look good now because they've played soft or injured opponents, but once the tough games start they'll choke, as always, because a team needs a quality leader to win a Super Bowl (with extremely few exceptions)
I don't think Trent Dilfer was a quality leader. Point being, a quarterback is only one of 11 teammates on the field. If you surround a mediocre QB with amazing talent, most of the time, the QB will be serviceable enough to get them W's. In this case, Dalton has elite teammates on the field, Tyler Eifert, Marvin Jones, AJ Green, Giovanni Beonard, and Jeremy Hill all contribute. Dalton is just the chess player moving his pawns if you will. Yes a quarterback is an extremely important part of the offense and can carry the team to wins that otherwise wouldn't have happened(See Brady, Rodgers, Cam) but saying the Bengals are not Super Bowl contenders because Dalton is a slightly above average quarterback is laughable. It takes 11 offensive teammates to win the Super Bowl and Dalton's teammates can do just that. Not that I think they will but any given Sunday, the Bengals can be a great team.

Yeah that is just so wrong...fuck the OC if he called a run play or whoever, 2 guys so wide open, fucking look at one of them and toss them the damn ball ffs >.>
usually QBs in that situation audible the play without telling anyone

the only 2 people who should know what is going on that play are the QB and the WR. Torrey Smith knew that he should be looking for the ball, Kaepernick just never noticed.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
[20:34:43] &Eevee General: no way
[20:34:50] &Eevee General: rof at cowboys
[20:47:27] xJownage: rof yall almost lost to a team without their starting qb
[20:47:33] xJownage: a banged up wr
[20:47:36] xJownage: and two starting rbs
[20:47:38] &Eevee General: idk what that means
[20:47:46] xJownage: fuck yeah you don't
[20:48:00] &Eevee General: ura bitchwhroe
[20:48:09] xJownage: ok
[20:48:09] &Eevee General: damn that looks awful
[20:48:16] xJownage: yeah
[20:48:18] xJownage: no
[20:49:10] &Eevee General: anyway
[20:49:13] &Eevee General: GO HAWKS
[20:49:22] &Eevee General: russell wilson is the best qb in the history of sports ever
[20:49:28] &Eevee General: and sherman is a god
[20:49:52] xJownage: im a gooooood
[20:50:57] &Eevee General: and haushka (?) can kick a football over the moon
[20:51:17] xJownage: i can kick a football over saturn's moon
[20:51:22] &Eevee General: and beast mode is the best whatever-his-position is

Eevee General proving the raw intelligence of seahawks fans once again, some of which rival even some hero.

I'm just going to lool at how ridiculous thevalk sounds when he says that the Pats only allow points when they already have the game won. Either you can stop teams or you can't. Pats defense is garbo.

Couple of things here:
1. The Giants did NOT lose terribly. Drew Brees and Eli Manning combined for 13 TDs passing(new record) It was 49-52. That's not losing badly.
2. The Packers have a better record than the Giants. 6-1 > 4-4. If the Pack are a mediocre team what does that say about the Giants?
3. The Broncos offense has struggled all season so expecting them to struggle is not foolish.
4. GB's offense > NYG's offense.
5. GB's defense is not THAT bad. They have a great pass rushing duo in Julius Peppers and Clay Matthews and they have an up and coming safety named Ha Ha-Clinton Dix. Outside of him though, the secondary is ass. However, the secondary is only a part of the whole defensive unit and the defense as a whole is not terrible.
Green Bay's offense is certainly not better than the Giants O. Rodgers is better than Eli sure, but the Giants as a whole are much better offensively. Heck even if Jordy was healthy, the Giants still have a better WR group. Hell, if Cruz was healthy(and he will eventually) the Giants have the best group of wide receivers in the NFL.

The Giants are the Giants. As long as they make it to the playoffs, they can blow out any of the so called "great" 12-4/13-3/14-2 teams even on the road. It doesn't matter how bad they look during the regular season, style points don't matter to them.

Guess this means this year's super bowl champs will either be the Patriots or Broncos, whoever wins the AFC championship game. All the other potential contenders have been destroyed by injuries.

inb4 people start pretending the Panthers and Bengals are legit contenders
Don't forget about the Giants. They haven't had any season ending injuries yet. They'll get healthy as the season wears on. Plus as a team they'e only scored below 20 points once.... Though they shouldn't really be favorites in any game.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
I'm just going to lool at how ridiculous thevalk sounds when he says that the Pats only allow points when they already have the game won. Either you can stop teams or you can't. Pats defense is garbo.
I actually agree. Allowing points in garbage time just means you have a hot/cold type of attitude problem and if they get punched in the mouth one day they could end up being very cold and costing the Pats a game which is not a good thing to have if you're vying for a championship (this is why Belichick jettisoned much of the team after 2009 early in 2010 including Randy Moss). But many teams have had such attitudes and won championships by having their hot streak hit at the right time. Either way the point was the Patriots D matches up interestingly against Denvers offensive goals.

Meanwhile listening to John Gruden worry about Cam Newton getting hit too much is hilarious when the guy outweighs 80% of the people hitting him by 30 pounds.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways

Green Bay's offense is certainly not better than the Giants O. Rodgers is better than Eli sure, but the Giants as a whole are much better offensively. Heck even if Jordy was healthy, the Giants still have a better WR group. Hell, if Cruz was healthy(and he will eventually) the Giants have the best group of wide receivers in the NFL.

The Giants are the Giants. As long as they make it to the playoffs, they can blow out any of the so called "great" 12-4/13-3/14-2 teams even on the road. It doesn't matter how bad they look during the regular season, style points don't matter to them.

Don't forget about the Giants. They haven't had any season ending injuries yet. They'll get healthy as the season wears on. Plus as a team they'e only scored below 20 points once.... Though they shouldn't really be favorites in any game.
Liking it because i literally spit my drink out when i read this lmao.

Its not ridiculous for thevalk to claim that at all, considering they allow an average of 12.2 points per game in the first 3 quarters. You're accusation of ridiculous claims is seriously one of the most hilarious things I've ever seen and belongs in smogon cringe quotes.

As for your points about the giants, you're retarded about them and need to not talk about the giants, ever. You called OBJ/Cruz/??? better than Lacy/Cobb/Nelson/Adams/Jones. Are you kidding me? Then you called OBJ/Cruz the best wr core in the NFL? Are you kidding me? Shut the fuck up.

Blow out "great" teams? The Giants can hardly win as is, and their defense is such garbage I don't think they're capable of blowing out the 2008 Lions. Style points don't matter, that's obviously why they are losing instead of blowing out mediocre foes at home and losing to more mediocre foes on the road when they're apparently supposed to be able to go to seattle and blow them out.
Again, shut the fuck up.

They've only scored below 20 points because everybody plays prevent defenses defending their leads and taking defensive risks knowing their offenses can just score points back if they make mistakes.

Oh, and yes, this post is ridiculous. Yet, it seems legitimate in comparison to yours, which is utterly sad.

Niners are benching Kaepernick for Blaine Gabbert. Officially in tank mode even though they were already playing like crap.
it's a business move, not a football move. Kaepernick's contract is only guaranteed if he gets injured, so the only way they can drop him safely without paying him tons of money is to make sure he doesn't get hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)