Hearthstone [IRC Channel #Skillstone]

yo this shade zoo is actually sick. most consistent deck I've laddered with since old school miracle/undertaker face hunter

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What's the list look like? Zoo doesn't seem like a good fit for Shade since it's not too SMOrc, is this list more SMOrc than a normal zoo?

Hey so am I the only one that really really doesn't like tunnel trogg? I will not lie I have not bought LOE yet but I have watched a lot of tunnel trogg being played by various people and I've kind of begun to think, well actually I thought it was pretty bad to begin with lol but that's besides the point, that it isn't good enough to be run in at least the new aggro shaman, though might see some play in midrange but midrange is much less curve dependent. Tunnel Trogg is really really clunky and the people who compare it to Mana Wyrm are morons, can you Tunnel Trogg Coin Mirror Image which is one of the best openings in the game? No. Although turn 1 trogg turn 2 coin feral spirit is nuts. Mana Wyrm is so much easier to trigger and just a far better card. I suppose that being a shitty Mana Wyrm isn't saying much considering how Mana Wyrm is crazy but it just isn't good enough to be run in constructed. I'm pretty sure we all know that the current meta is play shit on curve or lose the game, which Tunnel Trogg really really interferes with. People are actually running Lava Shock and thinking that it alleviates the problem that Tunnel Trogg creates but not only are you running Lava Shock, you are screwing up your curve by trying to smooth out your curve. Lava Shock is basically a Holy Smite unless you have a Feral Spirit on overload or something. Also let's say that Lava Shock unlocks 2 crystals, couldn't you have done so much else with that mana? Yes, shaman especially aggro shaman has tons of great 2 mana plays. Idk if I'm alone in thinking this, but don't think I don't have any credibility I have been playing mech shaman for virtually my entire hearthstone life(8 or so months) due to it being the first deck I ever had all the cards for.
Also I have been playing math warrior lately and it is hilarious, not too consistent but can definitely get the combo off against control 75% of the time.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Trogg eats removal for being a 1 drop. And applies fast pressure turn 2 without coin with ancestors knowledge filling your hand for more flexibility while going FACE which is, indeed, THE PLACE.

It's a 1 mana 1/3 with growth potential, that by itself makes it pretty damn good, especially compared to most other 1 drops that typically dies to a stray breeze. It's not going to be Northshire Cleric / Mana Wyrm levels of good because those are insane, but that doesn't mean it isn't a great card in and of itself (also Shaman needs more cards that profit from Overload, Unbound Elemental was like my favorite card back when I used to play basic decks but they haven't done anything similar until now).

Also ryan please tell me shade zoo doesn't involve ancient shade.

yes it involves ancient shade and it's really really good

i explained the list in a post above:
I've been toying around with Ancient Shade in Zoo. People have been way too quick to dismiss Ancient Shade because of its 4 health and vulnerability to BGH, but it fits perfectly in a deck that is focused on trading up and maintaining board control. If the opponent BGHs Ancient Shade, it's not even a big tempo swing because they have to drop it on 4 or 5, which really fucks with the curve. Yes, your Shade dies, but their turn 4 or 5 play is going to die to your 1 or 2 drop or even just a spider token. They also won't have that BGH for Dr. Boom later on. The 4 health is bad against pretty much just Eviscerate and Frostbolt because if your opponent wants to Truesilver or Death's Bite it, they're eating 7, which is kind of the point. Eviscerates and Frostbolts also rarely last to turn 4/5 because the opponent wants to spend those early removal spells on Imp Gang Boss and Knife Juggler.

Running Ancient Shade over Shredder means the rest of your early game really has to stick and the opponent's minions really have to die, so I'm running double Power Overwhelming and a Void Terror to go along with it and a Zombie Chow + a Loatheb to make sure the board sticks later on.
eats removal, if they dont have it they eat 7, if they do they either probably have to play inefficiently around it or waste their removal on a 4-drop instead of doomguard/dr boom. the drawback has proc'd for me literally one time, and it has never been something even on my mind because you either already lose games where it would have mattered or are far ahead enough that it won't matter.

list is:

heavily board control focused with double dire wolf which has been cut from most zoo lists because trading up into stuff like shredder is even more important with ancient shade. double PO because it's too good not to run, void terror synergizes with PO and gives yet another threat that has to be dealt with. chow for another good 1 drop that fights for early board, only really bad when you're on topdeck mode with a shit board, but you usually lose then anyways. otherwise yet another 1 drop to fill out the curve is great.

fight aggressively for board until you can flip the switch and SMOrc. fight harder for board vs priest because you don't run out of steam with a list like this unless they get a good full clear, which is harder to do with holy nova/lightbomb when you've got eggs, creepers, and imp gangs.

also trogg is sick, esp in new aggro shaman. havent played a lot of the list, but later game it's basically better than spell power with all the burst because lava burst gives +2 rather than +1 and you get burst potential with non-burst cards like ancestral knowledge/feral spirits. obviously it's no mana wyrm but like you said a worse mana wyrm is still reAlly good

Matthew

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't know I think I'd rather a Peddler over the Chow in your list for more chances at burn and four one drops is greatly good enough. Though I do like the list, especially cutting the callers

Matthew

Anyfin Paladin is reminding me of Patron Warrior and I'm in love.

Though I don't think this is as optimal as it could be.

My Anyfin list is very close to that. I think maybe the only difference is that I run a second Truesilver over the Cult Master, but I love the idea of extra draw and placing some importance on shitter tokens. I'll have to try that out.

ryan I'm so sorry I doubted shade zoo it's pretty damn good

on another note, has anyone gone to a fireside gathering before? I've seen a couple in my area and I've been interested in going, but I'm not really certain what to expect.

GOAO

Banned deucer.
ya dudes control priest is so good atm, what do you guys think about this?
it has a bad matchup vs tempo mage/midrange hunter, but it legit CRUSHES control decks with entomb n stuff.. it also can crush decks like shockadin/facehunter (its probs 70-30 cuz deathlord o.o) and its 40/60 vs the new aggro shaman. :| you also can run rag > voljin but i dont like this o.o oh and if ur facing a lot of aggro shaman, you can use harrison > voljin
ps. if you face mill rogue, please esc concede turn 1 lol

I personally can't stand Shrinkmeister and don't care for Light of the Naaru, but other than that, the list is really solid. I've been playing tons of Priest lately too but mostly just a dragon list. I also made a more tempo-based Priest a while back that was really sick. You beat more aggressive decks through having better minions on curve (barring on 2, but it's Priest so there's no helping that) and slower control decks through building and maintaining a strong board with your Hero Power and being resilient against non-Brawl clears. Holy Champion and Velen's Chosen are definitely the stars of that deck.

Matthew

Before I go to sleep here's my refined Anyfin list (it's gotten me to rank 3 (nearly 2) and will probably get Legend):

bad matchups: secret paladin and rogue (all kinds)

edit:
the first Anyfin can be used for board-clear and then the second can be for lethal. 3 Bluegills + 4 Leaders = 30 damage. 2 Bluegills + 2 Warleaders + Murc = 24 Damage

Hey so what are your guys' thoughts on more midrange/aggro warriors (Patron doesn't count as midrange right?) in this meta? I feel like they are pretty great since you pretty much always mulligan for control/patron/not aggro vs warrior, or at least I do lol. But yeah I've been using mech warrior lately and even though I'm only around rank 11 it's been pretty great, screwjank clunker is insane and warbot is great w/ mechwarper especially turn 1 w/ coin. But yeah here's the list I've been using:

2x Cogmaster
2x Warbot
2x Fiery Win Axe
2x Heroic Strike
2x Annoy-o-Tron
1x Ironbeak Owl
2x Mechwarper
2x Spider Tank
1x Tinkertown Technician
2x Death's Bite
2x Mortal Strike
2x Kor'kron Elite
2x Piloted Shredder
1x Arcanite Reaper
2x Fel Reaver
1x Dr. Boom (might be too slow for this deck?)

Now you may be noticing that there is no sir finley in this deck, well first off I haven't bought loe yet since I'm skeptical of the cards as a whole also my parents are nazis about how I spend my money. :pirate: But yeah I find myself not needing to use my hero power at all when I'm doing well since obviously aggro is all about playing stuff on curve. Armor Up also helps you race opposing aggro decks anyways, which is what this deck can have trouble with. It also struggles against reno decks when they play reno, but that goes without saying. Secret Paladin also can be a pain though you can put a ton of pressure on them with the insane openings this deck can have. In general on average, I have gotten lethal on ~turn 8/9 though have gotten it as early as turn 5. It obviously isn't too special since if warrior aggro becomes a thing for whatever reason, this deck loses it's purpose more or less. This deck also feasts on the more midrange decks/and stuff like handlock, similar to (rip :pirate:) Mech Shaman in tgt.

Also I was playing midrange shaman today and figured that I'd throw in a hungry crab for the hell of it and so far it has destroyed 2 warleaders and an old murk eye lol.

Last edited:
Guys I need help, I created a Hearthstone account about a year ago and then why I try logging on it doesn't work! I signed up again and created like 4 more new accounts but it still doesn't work when I log in!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)