2015/16 Football/Soccer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
He is on very borrowed time right now.

1.He stupidly got eliminated from copa del rey,
2. barely escaped top of the group from a fairly easy group to win,
3. and is still behind in la liga at the half way point. Any club but barca and real madrid in spain and this is acceptable. Not madrid, not barca
1. That elimination had NOTHING to have with Benitez. It is not his job to check availability of the players, it's the Secondary Coach and the Athletic Director's job. They actually won the match, which is Benitez's job

2. 16 out of 18 points, and only dropping points when visiting PSG. ''Barely escaped'' indeed, what were you expecting? Winning all games 5-0?

3. Trailing barca by 5 points is definitely not great, but considering Barca's superior squad, and the fact that Benitez has only been here 3 months compared to the season and a half Luis Enrique has, it's definitely not a terrible result.

As for ''there's a campaign against Benitez''. It's true. There has been one since the 2-3 weeks before he arrived. Spanish sport press is awful and only aims to stir up flames, so whenever something goes slightly wrong they start a campaign to get the manager out. And it's worse on Benitez case because the press has had a grudge against him for years, so they would flame him whenever they had the chance even when Benitez wasn't working in Spain.

That being said, I'm not for or against Benitez, though I'd rather see managers be given time to actually get the team to work the way they want.

Plus, around this time last year, we had Messi calling for Enrique's head and troubles all round the Barca camp when Ancelotti was going 21 straight wins or something. Things can change really quickly but fans and media are just impatient, especially when said target is aloof like Benitez and Van Gaal. If it's someone more likable, say, Guardiola, Klopp or Ancelotti, then we wouldn't be hearing this kind of news.

reyscarface this guy named mr. chip did a countdown of the 5 greatest attacking tridents of all time... he placed MSN 3rd place behind madrid's di stefano - puskas - gento, and the legendary pele - vava - garrincha..

pele-garrincha-vava was number one only because they won back to back world cups (and never lost a single game)

di stefano- puskas- gento number two because together they won 8 titles...

the ONLY reason why MSN was 3rd place ALL TIME is because they have only played one season together (and suarez didn't even play the whole season). by the time this trident breaks up it will undoubtedly be the greatest of all time

here's the link if you want: its in spanish. https://www.instagram.com/p/-u2ymPRqOQ/?taken-by=2010misterchip

Well, kinda expected that. We are rubbish against teams that hoof the ball. Couldn't excuse the garbage performance though. Crossing aimlessly, dribbling into defenders, sloppy passing, off-target / blocked shots -> rinse and repeat.

hah put a £1 on Watford at half time.. and cash out after they score
Watford then lose :(, still quick money :D

Thanks for trying, Watford.

Convinced every single match for Arsenal for the rest of the season is going to be a stressfest. But I'll take it.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
That's more like it, the players are finally beginning to show some desire, the Guus effect is showing. Let's hope this snowballs into a good run.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Who are Chelsea gonna get as manager in the summer? Seriously who is left out there? Assuming Guardiola is out of the picture.
Simeone is reportedly our #1 target but him and Atletico are joined at the hip, don't see him leaving any time soon. Guus hasn't ruled out a full time position if that means anything.

1. That elimination had NOTHING to have with Benitez. It is not his job to check availability of the players, it's the Secondary Coach and the Athletic Director's job. They actually won the match, which is Benitez's job

2. 16 out of 18 points, and only dropping points when visiting PSG. ''Barely escaped'' indeed, what were you expecting? Winning all games 5-0?

3. Trailing barca by 5 points is definitely not great, but considering Barca's superior squad, and the fact that Benitez has only been here 3 months compared to the season and a half Luis Enrique has, it's definitely not a terrible result.

As for ''there's a campaign against Benitez''. It's true. There has been one since the 2-3 weeks before he arrived. Spanish sport press is awful and only aims to stir up flames, so whenever something goes slightly wrong they start a campaign to get the manager out. And it's worse on Benitez case because the press has had a grudge against him for years, so they would flame him whenever they had the chance even when Benitez wasn't working in Spain.

That being said, I'm not for or against Benitez, though I'd rather see managers be given time to actually get the team to work the way they want.
1. That would have passed if it wasn't the first time its happened to him in the copa del rey
2. Did you watch those 2 games? PSG were very unlucky to not win at least one of those. Plus how well they played against shaktar?
3. Every time barca drops points, real madrid don't take advantage of it. If your going to get crushed 4-0 at home, you need to take advantage of the games barca drop points in.

Simeone is reportedly our #1 target but him and Atletico are joined at the hip, don't see him leaving any time soon. Guus hasn't ruled out a full time position if that means anything.
your other problem is simeone has stated his next job after atletico would be lazio. I don't think he wants to manage a team he didnt play for

Plus a lot of Chelsea fans will probably moan that the team aren't playing "attrative" football under Simeone, despite the fact that they would be constantly winning and have the best defensive record in the league.

By the looks of it, Chelsea are looking to get a new striker because they are sending Remy out on loan. (It would be stupid if they didn't sign another if this is true because the only other attacker they have are Costa, Fall Cow and the teenager I whose name I can't remember).

In other news, rumours are strong that Benitez has been sacked due to the 2-2 draw with Valencia. Personally, I thought it was a decent result and he didn't do too badly in the other competitions either. 4 points behind Barca with a game in hand, topped group in UCL, what more do they want? Player power - most probably

Last edited:

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
In other news, rumours are strong that Benitez is going to be sacked soon due to the 2-2 draw with Valencia. Personally, I thought it was a decent result and he didn't do too badly in the other competitions either.
Drawing against this Valencia side is a really bad result, though a manager being sacked shouldn't depend on just one game alone. The results haven't been stellar, while not awful either, but what I actually wonder is... who are they going to replace Benitez with? I don't think there's any manager available who will be able to suddenly turn this team into a world beater.

Drawing against this Valencia side is a really bad result, though a manager being sacked shouldn't depend on just one game alone. The results haven't been stellar, while not awful either, but what I actually wonder is... who are they going to replace Benitez with? I don't think there's any manager available who will be able to suddenly turn this team into a world beater.
They were practically robbed by awful refereeing in that game. And Ronaldo could have won it in the end but he shoots get deflected wide.
Probably Zidane taking over?

Read that Zidane is going to coach RM, yeah. He went for those training licenses some months back, while working on Castilla.

Actually, some newspaper like Marca are already saying Benitez is gone.

EDIT: Yep, Zidane in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)