Resource OU Teambuilding Workshop v3 (OPEN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Hola Pandamaster4000 fun core to build around, I oriented the team to a more balance way, so here we go. Defensive Exca immediatly comes to my mind because was looking something to deal with Fairies and some support move like Spin or Rocks which Excadrill learn both, next something to sponge hits Slowbro fits well enough checking Fighting types and sponge any physical type attacker, last slot could be any status move to deal with fast mons or set up ones, CM could be great too. I needed a pivot as well as revenge killer, i choose lando-t because cover all i need and helps checking electric types and Zard X if you choose CM on slowbro. And last something for Rotom which could get annoying is Serperior, Sub Seed set because i already have Stallbreaker on Ape, you can go Glare to catch Talon/Torn on switch which are annoying, it's up to you. Enjoy!!
Infernape @ Leftovers
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Low Kick
- Taunt
- Slack Off

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 16 HP / 8 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 220 SpD / 36 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Iron Head

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 24 Def / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 48 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind / Toxic / Thunder Wave

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Hidden Power [Fire]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I made this version which is super standar and solid too.
Infernape @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Low Kick
- Taunt
- Slack Off

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 16 HP / 8 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Ferrothorn @ Shed Shell
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock

EVs: 252 Atk / 24 Def / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Defog
- Recover
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Core:

Team:

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Breloom @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Focus Punch

Landorus-Therian @ Yache Berry
EVs: 176 HP / 136 Atk / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Tornadus-Therian @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Taunt
- Superpower

Repeater1947 sorry this took me like a month its been a weird month. Hope you enjoy this team let's get into the explanation

I wanted to make a build not too similar to cosine's and avoid some of the weaknesses it has (electrics, Weavile) but those things proved difficult and I guess it's still weak to them lol. Anyway this core really lends itself to a hyper offense type approach moreso than bulky offense.

I went with HP Fire on Diancie just because I think it's better coverage even if it's weaker, plus luring Scizor is fresh. Earth Power is probably fine since team's weak to other Diancies and might wanna at least be able to speed tie, but that's your call if you wanna try it out. Breloom I ended up going Adamant just for max power route, Jolly to outspeed Bisharp's sucker punches isnt that necessary since I have another offensive check in Diancie and rest of the team can kinda deal with it. Tried out SD but after a suggestion I changed it to Focus Punch since it becomes more of a wallbreaker obliterating common switchins like Latios and Torn-T putting them into Mach Punch range. I knew I wanted Landorus-T for its ability to check Excadrill/Talon/Lop and set up rocks. Tried out U-turn at first but ended up using Swords Dance for its ability to threaten fat builds better which prototypes of the team had problems with. The spread is weird you can thank Nedor for that, it has enough bulk to still check some things but speed creeps around base 70s or so with a good amount of attack power, the Atk EVs reach a jump point. Found that on this offensive team this was more desirable than the bulky spread I originally had. Yache Berry is for ice-type coverage found on electric types primarily, allowing Lando to eliminate or weaken them for the priority users to clean up. Actually is able to live a hit from Weavile in a 1v1 scenario as well which is nice. Next up I stuck on a Bisharp to put more pressure onto bulky Psychics which annoy the team, as well as revenge kill stuff with Sucker Punch. Standard SD here to help wallbreak and using Blackglasses since LO recoil can be annoying especially if you're in a last mon standing scenario. Scarf Keldeo gave me another cleaner and general offensive check to speedy threats, its the primary Weavile check as well which is a bit unfortunate in losing its speed after Knock Offs. Since the team is so offensive might be recommended to just make the requisite sacrifice to bring in Keldeo and retain the Scarf for the 2nd time you need to switch into Weavile, but that's a game by game basis type of play. So this team was a bit less weak to balance and full stall than the prototype but still had problems breaking bulky teams. LO Torn-T is a ridiculous wallbreaker that remedies this problem greatly and provides some nice speed to help with opposing breakers like Gengar. It blows back grass types like Mega Venusaur and the Fire + Fighting coverage is to defeat teams that use things like Skarmory + Tyranitar as their combined check, assuming that most Torns do not carry both types of coverage. Taunt just for maximum stallbreaking, things like Clefable are a pain so yeah.

Bit of a long winded explanation but there you go. Admittedly team struggles against a lot of things if you get put into the wrong position such as +1 Dragonite, 50 50s switching into Latios and so on. Some other mons to look out for would be Scizor and Venusaur, while things like Rotom-Wash and Keldeo are annoying to switch into. Basically tried to build it in such a way that while there are a lot of threats, if you gameplan accordingly and play aggressively, you can overcome most matchups. Thanks to Nedor, AM, p2 and m00ns for the help

Subjugator

Banned deucer.
Hey, just a question, are we allowed to RMT teams posted here if A) we give credit to both the person who requested the team and the creator of the team, and B) Significantly changing the team itself, such as taking out and replacing 2 or 3 mons? Just wondering

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Hey, just a question, are we allowed to RMT teams posted here if A) we give credit to both the person who requested the team and the creator of the team, and B) Significantly changing the team itself, such as taking out and replacing 2 or 3 mons? Just wondering
You can suggest changes but replacing 2 / 3 mons is more than likely changing the whole thing for the worst so rather not. Past workshops showed people "rating" that were ok so if you find some you can use those as examples. It's also the fact some like to go a little overboard with changes that really don't do anything either. Small changes is fine but definite no to making big changes which is what you're saying here.

Edit: To give you an idea of what a good rate looks like that are a-ok to me at least.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...equests-building.3523084/page-21#post-6183160

Rip Bloo, changed one mon to fix a lot of weaknesses. Explanation was long as hell but you get the idea.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...equests-building.3523084/page-21#post-6187419

One by Enki on an old build

Last edited:

p2

Banned deucer.
core:

requested by: Kav on page 18 post 429

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Garchomp @ Roseli Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Swords Dance
- Fire Fang

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Pursuit
- Hammer Arm

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Band
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot
- Zen Headbutt

Landorus-Therian @ Earth Plate
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Smack Down
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

hi, im finally done with this team. was kinda burned out with building a billion other teams so i've not been very active here. this core was actually pretty annoying to build around because a bunch of stuff garchomp can lure just screws it over with a little prior damage and i felt like it was a waste because i was still gonna be using a dedicated steel type for switching into fairies and it was pretty annoying to get a variant of the build which actually had a mega and wasn't completely mopped by common stuff. it took a lot of changes but i like this build now so yeah, keldeo is honestly one of the best mons in the tier and idt i can seriously build without it on a team because its just so good. checks a load of stuff including bulky grounds and helps with dark types because weavile doesn't exactly stand up to them well and garchomp just gets worn down. megagross was a nice addition here, chose it over something like scizor because it actually outspeeds keldeo which helps when the team doesn't have a solid switchin to it at all, pursuit works nicely with the rest of the team, traps latis for keldeo and prevents them from revenging the slower stuff on the team which is nice. added hoopa to mess up bulky teams and it overloads stuff like keldeo really quickly when paired with weavile and helps pick off clef for it which is awesome too. eplate lando helps a little more against bulky teams and brings sr to the team, but you can run a bulkier spread if sand is a bigger concern. threats to the team include mega man, but you can annoy it with prio, keld and hoopa, you can also change lando to bulky yache but watch out by doing that because you're just gonna overload it and its just gonna flop in matchups if that happens. watch out for keldeo too but most of the team pressures it pretty well. rain is also a bitch because of the one water resist but eh. i tried experimenting with megazam builds but it just didn't work, but using something like ferro for rain and rocks just sinks momentum so badly, it's a struggle to get ho that doesn't lose to sand :(. enjoy tho

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Core:
requested by wgsnu

I honestly had a lot of fun with the core, and at the same time it killed me cause no matter what, Raikou would always end up a threat. Anyways, I like the Thundy set you suggested (Taunt + Volt Switch) and decided to keep it. The set could be changed to a more standard one for anyone that wants to use this, though you'll want to keep Volt Switch since it's a really nice momentum move, and it's cool to get in Metagross to Pursuit trap, Mega Lopunny/Lando-T to kill something, Manaphy to use the opponent as setup fodder, or Heatran to set up rocks. At first, I used the Defensive Lando-T set, but eventually went back to Scarf Lando-T to help revenge kill fast mons, namely Raikou and Mega Manectric. After at least 7 different builds, I decided to go with Mega Lopunny since it's a really helpful mon that can outspeed threats like Weavile, that otherwise threaten the Double Genie core. On the set, I went with Power Up Punch (which is probably the best move other than the usual moves to run, because letting Mega Lopunny defeat mons that normally check it is really cool. Also, I added Baton Pass to give you more momentum, and theoretically pass a +1 Atk to Lando-T and then spam EQ to victory. Fake Out is also really nice to combat faster threats that run priority like Talonflame. At first I was gonna go Bisharp, but killing Mega Venusaur as well as checking Mega Alakazam + Fairies was really hard for the team, so I went with AV Metagross. After that, I felt like adding something that could handle slower bulkier builds, and fat grounds namely Hippowdon looked annoying to defeat, so I went with Manaphy. I added a Wacan Berry to help out with electric types, particularly with Mega Manectric and Raikou. That lets Manaphy take a hit and potentially kill something as they switch out via Volt Switch. Finally, I wanted something that could deal with Talonflame well, provide stealth rock, and act as a soft check to electric types. Heatran fit the bill, and I went with a fast bulk tran EV spread to let it outspeed most mons around its speed tier like Bisharp, while at the same time maintaining bulk to check stuff. Lando-T already had Stone Edge, so I added Toxic to handle other stuff like Mega Slowbro that could otherwise be annoying for the team to deal with.

Finally, some things to watch out for would be Keldeo (the team doesn't have a switch in, but it's easy for the team to revenge kill), and Weavile (gotta rely on a healthy Mega Lopunny, Manaphy, or Heatran to take a hit (Ice Shard for Mega Lopunny and Knock Off for Manaphy and Heatran), and then dish one back. Most of the time you'll have to rely on revenge killing stuff, but that's just how offense goes. Also, missing High Jump Kick sucks, and watch out for hazard stacking teams, cause there isn't a hazard remover on this team. Hope you like it :)

Thundurus @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
IV's: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Lopunny-Mega (M) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Power-Up Punch
- Baton Pass / Fake Out

Metagross @ Assault Vest
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Atk / 96 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- Meteor Mash
- Pursuit
- Bullet Punch

Manaphy @ Wacan Berry
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
IV's: 0 Atk
- Tail Glow
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball
- Scald

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Talonflame @ Ganlon Berry
Ability: Gale Wings
Jolly Nature
- Natural Gift
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance

Pinsir (M) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Shiny: Yes
Happiness: 0
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Frustration
- Feint
- Close Combat

Pretty Slick core right here. To put it simply, ganlon berry natural gift is ice. Landorus is literally everywhere. Landorus checks Pinsir, Lure that thing and proceed to go ham with adamant feint pinsir. Feint is literally stupid as things that should revenge you like talonflame and weavile just get boped at the cost of a tiny bit of power right away. Pair with zone for best results

Gonna rework my request from earlier, this time I'm just gonna request a balance build around a popular choice in recent SPL Matches, Boltbeam Mega Latias

Code:
Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
EVs: 160 HP / 96 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Ice Beam
It's versatile, can check a lot of common offensive mons, just needs support against dark and fairy types. The spread isn't super important as long as it outpaces what it needs to. It has decent coverage and t-waves switch-ins and speedy mons.

Last edited:

su1p

formerly VKadenius
+

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch

Serperior @ Coba Berry
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Substitute
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dragon Pulse

Hey, I've been trying to build a team around these ones for a while now and I couldnt make a good team where I didn't lose to Pinsir straight up. Lopunny is here to kick some offense and Serperior is a good mon to beat stall with. I didnt want to use Manaphy because its so standard and is slower. This Core is weak to SD M-Sciz too. Ok thank you if you're gonna build this and good luck!
umm?

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm
- Grass Knot

Thundurus (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast
- Nasty Plot

Requesting Mega Metagross and Nasty Plot Thundurus.

Pretty basic offensive core - these two Pokemon go hand in hand, beating each other's checks and counters. The main idea of this core is basically to have one Pokemon or the other sweep through weakened teams. Mega Metagross deals with Unaware Clefable and Quagsire, which are hard counters to Nasty Plot Thundurus. With Grass Knot, it also lures and brings down Hippowdon, the most common Thundurus answer, while beating Mega Venusaur, who can sponge even +2 hits from Thundurus easily, Latias and Latios, who are not OHKOed by +2 HP Ice but OHKO back with Draco Meteor.

In return, Thundurus handles and can set up on a number of Pokemon which are common answers to Metagross like Skarmory and Slowbro. It also beats Mega Scizor, hits defensive Landorus-T, Garchomp and Gliscor hard with HP Ice, and breaks past Jirachi with Nasty Plot.

Core is very weak to faster attackers like Mega Manectric, Mega Lopunny, Talonflame and Choice Scarf Landorus-T as I lack priority with Bullet Punch and speed control with Thunder Wave on Metagross and Thundurus, respectively.

Last edited:

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Foul Play
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Bulk Up
- Will-O-Wisp
I'm pretty sure all of you know this core very well and despise it, but I'm kind of in a rut stall-building wise and I need some inspiration from a really good sable talon build. My current builds keep getting swamped by np gk thundy or just np thundy among other things, so I would really appreciate a stall team around these two. The actual core is a really solid stall/balance core with pokemon that support each other extremely well. Sableye can bounce back rocks so that talon can switch into the playing field much easier, and it checks rocks and bulky grounds for talon as well, taking little from their attacks, and wisping. Talon can check fairies for sableye while setting up on non-rock move tran, just be sure to keep a cleric in case of toxic. Lastly, u prolly want secondary hazard control bar sableye for teams with like rocks clef and lum sd chomp n shit like that. Both of them spreading burns makes taking physical hits a lot easier, so switching into shit will be a lot easier. Once late game rolls around, hopefully talon can sweep a team or u can just wall them into oblivion. While this core can beat a ton of shit, you need to still account for things that these two can't switch into very well, mainly water type wallbreakers like azumarill and Keldeo, so you obviously need teammates to account for those as well.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Feint is literally stupid as things that should revenge you like talonflame and weavile just get boped at the cost of a tiny bit of power right away.
Just saying, feint loses a significant amount of power, losing out on a lot of kills like lati after rocks at +2 n shit like that, and it should only really be used if ur team is hella talon weak.

Just saying, feint loses a significant amount of power, losing out on a lot of kills like lati after rocks at +2 n shit like that, and it should only really be used if ur team is hella talon weak.
Like I said its for weavile and talon thanks for repeating me. You have 6 slots add a keldeo hit scald now its fine

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
Like I said its for weavile and talon thanks for repeating me. You have 6 slots add a keldeo hit scald now its fine
I'm just saying that it's a niche option that there's no point in running unless your team is inherently talon weak, and since u already have a talon, weavile shouldnt rly be too big a problem unless the team has 4 other weav weak mons.

Buzzard (Mandibuzz) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 108 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Taunt
- Defog

This Mandibuzz Set may be standard but not alot of people use defoggers on ou teams. Taunt gets rid of certain set up mons which can really benefit the team alot
Foul Play for an attacking move obviously
Roost To Help Stall
Defog to get rid of rocks and or screens.

This Makes Mandibuzz a great asset to the team

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
EVs: 248 HP / 100 Def / 160 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Flare Blitz / earthquake

Skarmory @ Shed Shell / leftovers / rocky helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Iron Head / brave bird

I've been failing to make a decent team out of this core. General idea is to make a semi-stall/ fat balance team that's able to switch in to almost any mon and cripple it down with hazards and/or status. I feel like dd zard x is becoming a bit less good as it once was mainly due to defensive landorus and garchomp too an extend. Will-o wisp + shuffling can really worn these mons down. Skarm is added because of it's defensive synergy with zard whilst also being able to lay up spikes.

You can run flare blitz on zard for still having huge offensive pressure ( 2HKO on mixed def clef). EQ is also on option so you're not completely walled by tran and recoil damage won't wear you down. The item on skarm is dependent on the team. Shed shell to handle mag, leftovers for longevity and helmet to not give away too much momentum against opposing u-turners.

Fairy Spam

Diancie @ Diancite
EVs: 68 Atk / 252 SpA / 188 Spe
Rash Nature
- Rock Polish
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Been trying to build a Fairy Spam team but having trouble making one that is offensive and maintains momentum. I'd be open to switching up some sets if it means a better build.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
We cleaned the slate of old requests. If no one takes it in awhile then nobody planned on taking it and I was told to remove old requests. This is a thing when shop reopens.
I'm just saying that it's a niche option that there's no point in running unless your team is inherently talon weak, and since u already have a talon, weavile shouldnt rly be too big a problem unless the team has 4 other weav weak mons.
Let the builders decide that if they want no need to clutter with an argument that's subjective at best (I use Adamant Feint Pinsir a lot so there's no right or wrong here).
Fairy Spam

Diancie @ Diancite
EVs: 68 Atk / 252 SpA / 188 Spe
Rash Nature
- Rock Polish
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Been trying to build a Fairy Spam team but having trouble making one that is offensive and maintains momentum. I'd be open to switching up some sets if it means a better build.
I'll give this a shot not a fan of RP Diancie but we'll see.

Last edited:

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 24 Atk / 252 SpA / 232 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Roost
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack
- Return

Hi this is a pretty nice core. KyuB helps out Pinsir by pressuring bulky grounds like TankChomp and Lando. It checks fast electrics as well and can heavily damage Rotom-W. Pinsir in turn pressures stuff like Ferro and MSciz as well as Clefable.

Subjugator

Banned deucer.
It's great that shop is open again!

Emboar @ Life Orb
Ability: Reckless
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
- Sucker Punch/Head Smash

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

In my opinion, Emboar is an underrated Pokemon in the metagame that can smash through many walls. I cannot think of a single Pokemon that would like to take a Life Orb-boosted STAB Flare Blitz if unresisted. In addition, Emboar has a wide movepool that could surely be put to good use as a powerful wallbreaker. While Emboar's bulk is decent, but it is nowhere good enough to survive super-effective hits. Enter Defensive Stealth Rock Garchomp, or more commonly called "TankChomp", who survives heavy beatings and sets up Stealth Rock fairly reliably, while eating up physical Water, Fighting, and Grass Attacks. In addition, Emboar scares out many of the Ice Types. Emboar can KO, or severely injure almost every competitively relevant Fairy on the switch in. Thank you

core:

requested by: Kav on page 18 post 429

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Garchomp @ Roseli Berry
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Swords Dance
- Fire Fang

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump

Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Pursuit
- Hammer Arm

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Band
Ability: Magician
Jolly Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot
- Zen Headbutt

Landorus-Therian @ Earth Plate
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Smack Down
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

hi, im finally done with this team. was kinda burned out with building a billion other teams so i've not been very active here. this core was actually pretty annoying to build around because a bunch of stuff garchomp can lure just screws it over with a little prior damage and i felt like it was a waste because i was still gonna be using a dedicated steel type for switching into fairies and it was pretty annoying to get a variant of the build which actually had a mega and wasn't completely mopped by common stuff. it took a lot of changes but i like this build now so yeah, keldeo is honestly one of the best mons in the tier and idt i can seriously build without it on a team because its just so good. checks a load of stuff including bulky grounds and helps with dark types because weavile doesn't exactly stand up to them well and garchomp just gets worn down. megagross was a nice addition here, chose it over something like scizor because it actually outspeeds keldeo which helps when the team doesn't have a solid switchin to it at all, pursuit works nicely with the rest of the team, traps latis for keldeo and prevents them from revenging the slower stuff on the team which is nice. added hoopa to mess up bulky teams and it overloads stuff like keldeo really quickly when paired with weavile and helps pick off clef for it which is awesome too. eplate lando helps a little more against bulky teams and brings sr to the team, but you can run a bulkier spread if sand is a bigger concern. threats to the team include mega man, but you can annoy it with prio, keld and hoopa, you can also change lando to bulky yache but watch out by doing that because you're just gonna overload it and its just gonna flop in matchups if that happens. watch out for keldeo too but most of the team pressures it pretty well. rain is also a bitch because of the one water resist but eh. i tried experimenting with megazam builds but it just didn't work, but using something like ferro for rain and rocks just sinks momentum so badly, it's a struggle to get ho that doesn't lose to sand :(. enjoy tho
youre wonderful and i love you. and yeah i later ended up getting way more milage out of yache chomp just cuz a bunch of things that get in the way of things wallbreaking tend to love ice coverage or whatever as well as lop and megaman. still i never had good luck with the roseli lure so tyvm.

Reactions: p2

Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm
- Pursuit

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump

(of course you can change sets)

To be honest, this is a pretty simple core. Pursuit + Keldeo is pretty nice at the moment. Keldeo deals with Ground-types and Ferrothorn, when Metagross-Mega beats Venusaur-Mega, Amoonguss and in a lesser extend Clefable. I want an Hyper Offensive team.

Hi guys, I have a request for a sticky web offense team which is something that I attempted but it didn't have much thought process behind but for two pokemon, which will be my core :]

So when approaching to webs I outlined some threats that must be taken care of, namely serperior, bisharp, the magic bouncers and flying types.

I thought of breloom as a pretty good choice, and possibly the rock tomb set to lure the flying types that are not affected by sticky web, although SD is very viable too. Adamant and jolly are equally good natures, life orb is good for boosting power, fist plate can bluff the sash, sash itself is a good option unless you don't have hazard removal. M-Metagross was chosen as the mega because it can can pursuit realiably the latis so they don't defog your hazards, and breloom with sticky webs up cover pretty well excadrill and starmie, so they don't spin. Metagross provides a good fairy switchin for offense and shits on the poisons that wall breloom, but feel free to change it. As for the web setter I would go with shuckle because it can reset it if need be, but if you want to use galvantula you will be arrested go ahead.

Breloom @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Rock Tomb

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm
- Pursuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)