Project Team Building Shop Redux [CLOSED FOR REQUESTS, BUILDING]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sebberball

formerly BoXeD
Why is it that any team I get from this shop is like Jesus made it himself XD as for m00ns the team works well as it is built, the idea of skill swapAzelf (that fucking name on it tho XD) (I didn't even know Azelf learned skill swap XD) skill swap is the true best for Azelf it's great for leads of m-alt and ferrothorn, I've also found that fire blast is only needed if ferrothorn is running around that day or at the rank I'm in. So all and all it's awesome!
Edit: I found to counter rain offense, hidden power grass is also an option in thundurus, and taunt can replace thunder wave at some times.

Last edited:
Reverend

Wii Fit Trainer (Medicham-Mega) @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Fake Out / Baton Pass
- Ice Punch / Thunder Punch

Mothra (Volcarona) @ Passho Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Bug Buzz

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 76 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Endure / Toxic

Scolipede @ Coba Berry
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 72 HP / 196 Atk / 240 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Megahorn / Poison Jab
- Protect

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Iron Head

Medicham and Volc are some of the underrated 'mons in ORAS and you putting them into a core is p damn cool so props. Now with the team, Garchomp was the best fit after I tested a bunch of rockers in its place. The contact damage it provided + its bulk let it cover so many threats in one slot, so it was too good to pass up. Because Volc needed SR off the field and I rly did not want Defog, I opted for offensive Starmie cause nothing wants to spin block it. Next mon I added was the infamous Scolipede. It looks like it may want to pass boosts to Medicham or set up T spikes but in actuality, it's a lure. It baits in and eliminates Talonflame with the help of Coba Berry and is capable of taking out Heatran, two problems for Volcarona. It's a kill 2 birds with 1 stone kinda thing. Decided to use Protect on it so it could rk Mega Gyarados, M-Alakazam, Mega Altaria (if you run P Jab) and others so its utility wouldn't just be in luring Volc checks. Skarmory was a last minute addition to check M-Diancie and Whirlwind out troubling boosters as well as set up spikes. It was originally Klefki but having no ground immunity in a tier where Landorus runs rampant = rofl. Feel free to experiment other moves on Medicham; Fake Out is there to get off chip damage, guarantee the m-evo and break sashes while Ice Punch hits Lando-T, a common-ish switch in to Cham. I decided against using BP on Medi but looking at it, it could work in gaining you momentum or forcing in checks to w/e you Bp into. Skarmory can also be customized so don't hesitate to mix it up (run counter, taunt, etc etc).

Enjoy~
You're a wizard, ArchPhantom. Muchas Gracias.

edit:
shameless self promotion

Last edited:
Let me clarify this for you bro..., it has nothing to do with IP you just asked late. By the time you asked the shop was closed :) hope it helped
oh. they closed on pg 18, and i requested on page 17.

i was told it wasnt built yet, so i will wait. i didnt think i was late bc i requested a page before ayone mentioned a closing

but anyway, I'll be patient and wait

Scotti

we back.
501 post :] I broke 500 barrier.

DarkNostalgia

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Encore

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Stone Edge
- Earth Power

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Shadow Ball
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Skarmory @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Roost
- Iron Head
- Whirlwind

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Frustration
- Refresh
- Roost

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Toxic

This is was probably one of my favorite teams to build and use, so I am happy you suggested this core. Anyway, let me explain how the team works. The initial core was life orb zam and heatran. I really didn't know how these two worked together, but I really didn't care. Next, I wanted something to handle fairies and resist ground. I decided on spdef skarm as it does both of these jobs and has access to spikes which is helpful for a team with no spinner or defogger. The next mon I added was mega altaria, because the team was extremely weak to stall. That is why I went with a dd refresh set, so I could pretty much destroy stall. It also sets up against offensive and balance teams easily thanks to the spread I always use on this alt set. The spread allows you to avoid being 2hko by latios psyshock, lando-t quake, mega man hp ice, raikou hp ice, and pretty much most physical attacks. Mega alt also patched up my weakness to quake zard x and keldeo. The next mon I added was tail glow manahy, because I wanted something to get rid of steels and poison types. At first I had psychic, but I benefited more from shadow ball. However, psychic can be used if you feel mega venu and amoonguss are threats. The final mon I added was landorus-t, because I wanted something to revenge kill fast mons. I chose toxic over knock off or superpower, because I felt like trying something new. All I can say is that I am happy I did try it. Toxic is great, because when defensive walls try to switch into lando-t, they pretty much get toxic'd. This renders there ability to wall physical mons on the team which is great. It also bluffs a set besides scarf, because who runs toxic on lando-t??? This was a fun team to build and I hope you enjoy using it :]

Also sorry for no nicks :[ couldn't think of any.

DarkNostalgia

Fading in, fading out, on the edge of paradise
is a Contributor Alumnus
Ily so much Scotti! Thank you for the beautiful team, I'll try it out ASAP :)

e: named it after my favourite songs :] ty again

Last edited:
501 post :] I broke 500 barrier.

DarkNostalgia

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Encore

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Stone Edge
- Earth Power

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Shadow Ball
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Skarmory @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Roost
- Iron Head
- Whirlwind

Altaria @ Altarianite
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Frustration
- Refresh
- Roost

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Toxic
Quick question, are you using Refresh over Heal Bell for the extra PP (32 instead of 8)? Because otherwise, I'd tend to pick Heal Bell to cure the whole team instead.

Scotti

we back.
{snip}

Quick question, are you using Refresh over Heal Bell for the extra PP (32 instead of 8)? Because otherwise, I'd tend to pick Heal Bell to cure the whole team instead.
I was debating heal bell, but refresh means I can take on stall better. 8 pp against stall teams run out pretty fast. However, heal bell is a viable option if you feel like you don't need refresh.

TheEnder

a petal in the wind
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
i'm alive

ZaChAttAcK101

Raikou @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 204 SpD / 52 Spe
Calm Nature
- Taunt
- Roost
- Psychic
- Will-O-Wisp

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Power-Up Punch
- Return
- High Jump Kick

Skarmory @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 12 Def / 224 SpD / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Roost
- Iron Head

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 80 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Knock Off
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
Ok, I started out building around the initial core of All-Out-Attacker Lopunny + Tank Garchomp + SpD Jirachi, but I felt like having Jirachi without it being a Stealth Rock setter was kind of redundant. Therefore I chose to use SpD Skarmory over Jirachi, which adds Spikes to the team, without loosing too much of the bulk Jirachi offered. Anyways, the core really struggled against Gengar, Keldeo, and Electric-types in general, so I added Assault Vest Raikou. While being relatively weak on the offensive side, it offers great utility versus offensive teams, and being able to force out Gengar is invaluable to the team. As it stood, the team didn't have any glaring weaknesses. I could either take it fully offensive, but I felt like those teams were kind of common and not that interesting. Thus, I chose to add some anti-metagame Stallbreakers: Mew and Knock Off Clefable. With Heatran becoming more and more uncommon, it is once again Mew's time to shine, like it did at the end of the XY metagame. Knock Off Clefable, on the other hand, cripples Chansey, Gliscor, Dragalge, and Heatran on the switch-in, allowing it to get rid of its own counters. Overall the team is solid, and it handles most offensive threats well. Lopunny + Mew + Clefable also do a great job at breaking bulkier cores with hazard support from Garchomp and Skarmory.

LightYamani

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Slowking @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 204 SpA / 56 SpD
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Fire Blast
- Psyshock
- Dragon Tail

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 220 SpD / 32 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Crunch
- Stone Edge

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Iron Head
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 248 HP / 136 SpD / 124 Spe
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Earthquake
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
Tornadus-T and Slowking are two of my favorite Pokemon to build around in the current metagame, so I was really intruiged to see this core being suggested. Becuase most Rock-, Electric-, and Dark-types threaten the initial core, I decided to add an uncommon, but really cool defensive core: SpD Skarmory + SpD Mega Charizard X. Skarmory deals with Mega Diancie, Tyranitar, and Landorus-T, while Mega Charizard X beats Bisharp, Thundurus, Mega Manetric, Raikou, and even Gengar if Stealth Rock is not up. Using Charizard, however, requires some form of hazard removal. Due to having Slowking, Starmie was out of question, so the options were either Excadrill, Tentacruel, or a Defogger. To be completely honest, I think Defog is a mediocre option in ORAS, and I'm not that fond of Tentacruel, due to lacking longevity and offensive presence. Therefore I went with Excadrill, and defensive Tyranitar as my sand setter. It gives the team an answer to opposing Charizard and Psychic-types such as Lati@s and Starmie. Excadrill'd item is debatable, and both Life Orb and Air Balloon are good options. I personally went with Air Balloon, becuase it offers some longevity, but you can change it to Life Orb if you prefer that.

toshimelonhead

Slowking @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 48 SpD / 12 Spe
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Scald
- Slack Off

Tangrowth @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 40 SpD / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Knock Off

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 24 Atk / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Moonblast
- Protect
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Diamond Storm

Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 236 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind
- Slack Off

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- Knock Off
- U-turn
Regenerator squad *-* The initial core seemed to be best fit for bulkier teams, so that is where I took it. Slowbro + Hippowdon + Tornadus-T basically checks 9/10 of the metagame, but there are som specific threats they aren't able to handle. These include Mega Gyarados, Gliscor, Mega Gardevoir, Clefable, and Mega Altaria. The first Pokemon I added to the miz was Tangrowth. Due to being able to counter Gyarados, Gliscor, and act as a secondary check to stuff like Mega Metagross, Bisharp, and Garchomp, it made a great addition to the team (and it has Regenerator, of course!). The other defenisve asset I added to the team was Specially Defensive SD Scizor. While uncommon, the set is certaily amusing to use, due to being able to come in on Fairy-types, Gengar, and Mega Altaria without Fire Blast. Originally, I was using Mega Scizor, but I had another Mega Evolution in mind: Mega Diancie. The team was really weak to Mega Sableye, and had no real way of wallbreaking. This change forced me to run Leftovers on Scizor. If you are not fond of the set, you can use Mega Scizor, and something in Diancie's place. The last change I made was changing Slowbro to Slowking. The reasoning behind this was that Mega Charizard Y and Flamthrower Clefable absolutely plowed through the team. CM Slowking enables the team to beat Flamethrower Clefable, and forces mindgames upon Charizard Y users.

Brayne Wady
Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Diggersby @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Huge Power
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Return
- Facade
- U-turn

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Bug]

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Healing Wish

Skarmory @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 232 SpD / 28 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Endure
sup man. here are the the two 'mons you requested, but i switched life orb to choice scarf diggersby because it is so much better on this kind of teams. diggersby plays as a surprise attacker early game, and once you reveal scarf, you can just spam u-turn and bring in mega gardevoir which is essentially equals a free kill. most of gardevoir's checks are grounded anyways, so bunny's earthquake forces them out and allows you to spam hyper voice again. keldeo is the secondary recipient of diggersby's momentum, and forces out hippowdon and landorus-t which will want to come in. keldeo has hidden power bug because celebi can be annoying to gardevoir, so it is a surprise lure. keldeo also allows easy double switches to mega gardevoir when latios is present on your opponent's team, so mega gardevoir can exercise its ability to kill. choice scarf diggersby can clean late-game with either of its stabs after these two punch holes. garchomp plugs in your weakness to physical attackers such as mega metagross and lopunny while specially defensive skarmory deals with mega diancie, landorus, etc.... by creating a double hazard stacking core, diggersby often puts your opponent in the checkmate position when hazards are up. gardevoir and keldeo (bar latis which you use double switches to take advantage of) are all grounded so spikes turn them in to liabilities. phazing with both hazard 'mons should be done to allow diggersby or keldeo to clean. latias finishes off the team for checking offensive water- and electric-types. it can use healing wish to allow gardevoir, keldeo, or diggersby to come back at full force. latios is an option because it hits manaphy a lot harder off the bat, but healing wish and bulk is more important considering how electric- and water- spam weak this team can be without it. one of the teams i feel good about ^_^

BlazingFlareon

Heracross @ Heracronite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Swords Dance

Landorus-Therian @ Life Orb
EVs: 56 HP / 220 Atk / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off / Explosion
- Rock Polish

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 152 Def / 108 SpD
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

Bisharp @ Assault Vest
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
wassup nigga! i really liked the idea of your core and i had fun building with it :] mega heracross was a great partner because it broke holes in the defense for landorus-t to take advantage of. latios was added to take on keldeo, mega charizard y, and landorus along with rotom-w. speaking of rotom-w, it brings a secondary water resist and a bird spam check. its access to volt switch could get mega heracross in safely too. powerful physical attackers were annoying, so i added garchomp which lures in ferrothorn with fire blast, sets up rocks, and lets mega metagross and mega lopunny from getting out of hand. latios could fire draco meteor on this team, so pursuit bisharp was added, so it not only switches in, but removes it preventing mega heracross from being revenge killed. i ended up using assault vest because serperior and mega diancie had a field day. it tanks an earth power with ease from the former and can take leaf storm + hidden power fire from the latter. assault vest metagross was used over bisharp in the first draft of this, but ghost- and dark-spam was too problematic. also, i tweaked the landorus-t set a bit because i never found myself using it until late-game and it lacked power at times because its utility overlaps with garchomp. instead of running double dance, i ran rock polish + 3 attack with life orb which was easier to sweep and came with only benefits. you can go back to traditional double dance @ earth plate, but i find using standard stuff boring haha. explosion can be used over knock off which can be clutch against bulkier teams, but heracross usually has a field day against these arechetypes. also the best part is this team is mostly blue, hope you like the squad fren :toast:

shoutouts for helping test these - AM Clone PhobiaBB
ty so much for the team. i like it a lot.

by any chance do u still have the replays for testing the gardevoir+diggersby core?

Hello, Team Building Shop redux crews. May I ask a question? Will you guys accept new request again once you've done with the rest of the old requests?

BlazingFlareon

Heracross @ Heracronite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Swords Dance

Landorus-Therian @ Life Orb
EVs: 56 HP / 220 Atk / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off / Explosion
- Rock Polish

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 152 Def / 108 SpD
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

Bisharp @ Assault Vest
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
wassup nigga! i really liked the idea of your core and i had fun building with it :] mega heracross was a great partner because it broke holes in the defense for landorus-t to take advantage of. latios was added to take on keldeo, mega charizard y, and landorus along with rotom-w. speaking of rotom-w, it brings a secondary water resist and a bird spam check. its access to volt switch could get mega heracross in safely too. powerful physical attackers were annoying, so i added garchomp which lures in ferrothorn with fire blast, sets up rocks, and lets mega metagross and mega lopunny from getting out of hand. latios could fire draco meteor on this team, so pursuit bisharp was added, so it not only switches in, but removes it preventing mega heracross from being revenge killed. i ended up using assault vest because serperior and mega diancie had a field day. it tanks an earth power with ease from the former and can take leaf storm + hidden power fire from the latter. assault vest metagross was used over bisharp in the first draft of this, but ghost- and dark-spam was too problematic. also, i tweaked the landorus-t set a bit because i never found myself using it until late-game and it lacked power at times because its utility overlaps with garchomp. instead of running double dance, i ran rock polish + 3 attack with life orb which was easier to sweep and came with only benefits. you can go back to traditional double dance @ earth plate, but i find using standard stuff boring haha. explosion can be used over knock off which can be clutch against bulkier teams, but heracross usually has a field day against these arechetypes. also the best part is this team is mostly blue, hope you like the squad fren :toast:
Thanks so much for building this, tbh i must've had a brainfart or something because Lati was an obvious fit there lol. Mind explaining the SpDef evs on rotom?

Thanks so much for building this, tbh i must've had a brainfart or something because Lati was an obvious fit there lol. Mind explaining the SpDef evs on rotom?
it takes on keldeo better which is nice because pursuit + keldeo cores can get out of hand while taking a draco meteor from latios since bisharp is your only switch in and it can be unreliable at times.
ty so much for the team. i like it a lot.

by any chance do u still have the replays for testing the gardevoir+diggersby core?
sorry, i didn't save them. it doesn't needs to be demostrated anyways because u-turn takes zero skill :]

Style

Banned deucer.
ZaChAttAcK101

Raikou @ Assault Vest
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 204 SpD / 52 Spe
Calm Nature
- Taunt
- Roost
- Psychic
- Will-O-Wisp

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Power-Up Punch
- Return
- High Jump Kick

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Roost
- Iron Head

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 80 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Knock Off
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
Ok, I started out building around the initial core of All-Out-Attacker Lopunny + Tank Garchomp + SpD Jirachi, but I felt like having Jirachi without it being a Stealth Rock setter was kind of redundant. Therefore I chose to use SpD Skarmory over Jirachi, which adds Spikes to the team, without loosing too much of the bulk Jirachi offered. Anyways, the core really struggled against Gengar, Keldeo, and Electric-types in general, so I added Assault Vest Raikou. While being relatively weak on the offensive side, it offers great utility versus offensive teams, and being able to force out Gengar is invaluable to the team. As it stood, the team didn't have any glaring weaknesses. I could either take it fully offensive, but I felt like those teams were kind of common and not that interesting. Thus, I chose to add some anti-metagame Stallbreakers: Mew and Knock Off Clefable. With Heatran becoming more and more uncommon, it is once again Mew's time to shine, like it did at the end of the XY metagame. Knock Off Clefable, on the other hand, cripples Chansey, Gliscor, Dragalge, and Heatran on the switch-in, allowing it to get rid of its own counters. Overall the team is solid, and it handles most offensive threats well. Lopunny + Mew + Clefable also do a great job at breaking bulkier cores with hazard support from Garchomp and Skarmory.
Hey, I just wanted to say something about this team. I used a very similar one in OST (here), with the main difference being Calm Mind Slowbro, which I think has some important benefits over Mew on this build. Just saying, I'm not claiming you stole it or anything. That's silly and it's super easy to build similar teams in ORAS anyway! Mew is definitely a cool choice on the team with its ability to annoy many kinds of teams, stall break, and flat out "sit" on some teams, but I wanted to throw in some reasons for Slowbro to be considered over its place for people interested in giving TheEnder's team a go, namely:

- Providing an additional answer to Talonflame. The team does have Garchomp and Raikou as checks, but they aren't exactly reliable. For example, a Jolly SD Talonflame with healing can pose a serious issue given its ability to scare away everything on the team minus Garchomp and Raikou, while outrunning and killing the latter with a boosted Flare Blitz. You can try chipping away at Talonflame's health by punishing it on an attacking turn with Garchomp's residual damage, but from experience Garchomp will usually be worn down enough to a point where Talonflame can clean and heal off the damage later. Similarly, a Will-O-Wisp with Taunt can be equally as annoying since it can cripple Garchomp and Raikou on a potential switch and whittle them down, while defeating the remainder of the team head to head.

- Gives the team a way to check Charizard-X. This is pretty important, as if it sets up a Dragon Dance on Mew, Raikou or a Skarmory switch, it will open up a huge hole in the team or potentially sweep. You have some ways to chip away at its health between residual damage with Garchomp and Lopunny-Mega's Fake Out, but that's shaky.

- Slowbro is also a sturdier answer to physical ground types, providing a backup to Excadrill and Gliscor if Skarmory dies or becomes too low on health. Gliscor can especially be annoying with Taunt and even Swords Dance late game.

- Gives the team a water resistance, which is helpful against things like Keldeo in particular. It's also helpful against some things like Calm Mind Manaphy (still losing to Tail Glow variants if using Energy Ball), which you can boost alongside and win out with Psyshock usually, and less common things like Swampert-Mega and Kabutops in rain.

Those are the main benefits of Slowbro that I highlighted when building my team. Aside from the above, it helps the team out by giving you a general physically bulky Pokemon capable of taking on various threats while giving more breathing room to and relieving some of the pressure Skarmory and Clefable have when it comes to fending certain Pokemon off, allowing them to focus on their main roles of laying hazards and serving as a win condition with Calm Mind, respectively. Mew checks some of the same things Slowbro does (like Lopunny-Mega and other fighters), but the difference lies on how easily one can be worn down compared to the other. Calm Mind lets it serve as a win condition too, still beating things like Clefable one on one like Mew does. Burns with Scald is always awesome to wear down your rival too, especially with Spikes up.

Here is the team I used in the linked replay:

moon trance (Clefable) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind
- Thunder Wave

anti gravity (Lopunny) @ Lopunnite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Frustration
- Fake Out
- Healing Wish

master of tides (Slowbro) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off
- Calm Mind

shatter me (Garchomp) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 140 Def / 120 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast

take flight (Skarmory) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Roost

electric daisy (Raikou) @ Assault Vest
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball

Aside from EVs and the like, the main difference is Slowbro over Mew as noted. Otherwise, Thunder Wave on Clefable and Healing Wish on Lopunny-Mega are some differences. I used Thunder Wave on Clefable here because Tail Glow Manaphy is such a big issue for the team and paralyzing it and other things is helpful in general. Lopunny-Mega's last move can be changed and is up to preference, but I used Healing Wish to support Raikou. It's the most important member of the team from my standpoint since electric daisy scares away Manaphy and checks huge threats in Thundurus-I and Gengar, so I wanted a way to heal it back up to stick around for these threats if needed. Like on TheEnder's team, PuP is a viable choice and can totally be used if you feel a wall breaker is needed.

First post outside of tournaments ever, hooray :d

GeeMick

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Iron Tail / Dragon Claw / Roost
- Dragon Dance

Thundurus (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot
- Nasty Plot
- Thunder Wave

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Superpower
- Aqua Jet

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock

Ferrothorn @ Shed Shell
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Spikes

Starmie @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Recover
- Rapid Spin
Pretty basic team that I was actually in the middle of working for a bit in the hopes to utilize Thundurus + Char-X since teams do a terrible job preparing for them these days it seems. Goal of the team is pretty straight forward I would think, set hazards, use Thundurus, Char-X, or Azumarill as the win cons depending on the position you're in and try not to get outplayed I guess haha. Anyways it's the basic 3 attack Zard didn't do anything particular fancy with the EV spread for the sake of outrunning stuff like Scarf Kyurem-B after a Dragon Dance. Nasty Plot Thundurus paired up with DDance Zard to break past walls with Grass Knot to handle fat grounds like Hippowdon easily. Band Azumarill cause I can probably look at teams these days and see that 80% of them hate switching into Azumarill, ironically this one doesn't either ;-; Hippowdon cause it's awesome while checking stuff like offensive TFlame variants and Bisharp for the team along with setting rocks and being part of that defensive backbone with Ferrothorn. Ferrothorn so you're not so Fairy weak and went ahead and used the spread arch had on the team he posted cause I sort of needed that hahaha. Running Spikes on it to let the offensive backbone clean up and net KOs much more easily than they would with just rocks, Shed Shell cause Gothitelle and trappers in general. Starmie set is just one I've been using for a while which is just a mix of offensive and defensive so you have a status absorber but something not so weak in power.

Defensive Starm > Offensive Starm, another one of the millionth Thundurus variants > the current one, Lefties Ferro > Shed Shell if you're feeling ballsy about trappers, Crunch Hippo > Stone Edge Hippo for Lati twins and Gengar all in one package are some changes you can try out. Theoretically you can run a fatter Zard-X spread or Adamant cause the logic of outpacing Scarf Lando-T is slowly becoming less and less relevant as time goes on. If there's any justification for Zard-X to run Jolly these days it's more than likely for more speed to outrun Kyurem-B as it does now or speed ties with stuff like M-Gardevoir so just a thought. Hazards alleviate the slight Keldeo issue and also pray you don't end up fighting bulky Glare Zygarde since I learned the hard way Fire / Ground coverage Zard-X variants just lose to it. Then again you can be cool and blame match-up if something goes wrong like everyone else does n_n. Anyways enjoy.
Hey AM (not tagging since I know it's annoying), anyways, I have been testing this team for a while, and I found out that both landorus-incarnate (especially the rock polish version) and belly drum azumarill are a bit troublesome for the team, your only ground resist does not have hp ice, and charizard cannot hope to stay un-evolved for the entire match, meaning that everytime Landorus comes in, you'll sacrifice something in order to revenge kill it with Starmie or Azumarill if he rock polish'd, belly azu is also problematic, it can set up on non-boosted charizard, hippowdon, or azumarill locked on everything but play rough (see, how fun would it be a core of landorus+belly drum azuma), I'm trying Offensive Thunderbolt Latios over Starmie (Azumarill has some chances to resist Starmie's thunderbolt) in order to gain another ground immunity, one who can also kill Landorus with Draco Meteor and giving 17 speed evs on Ferrothorn, while they might seem strange, it allows you to outspeed jolly belly drum azumarill after paralysis from Thundurus and ohko it back with Power Whip, if Latios/Starmie took enough damage to enter the aqua jet's ohko range.

Ferrothorn (M) @ Shed Shell
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SDef
IVs: 17 Spd
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Spikes

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Defog

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Thanks Enki for the comment, feel free to tag for team critiques that's fine by me.

Hyogafodex

Ampharos @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 156 Def / 4 SpA / 80 SpD / 20 Spe
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Dragon Pulse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Bronzong @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Def / 204 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 Spe
Impish Nature
- Drain Punch
- Rock Slide
- Spikes
- Spiky Shield

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 28 SpD / 16 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off

Cofagrigus @ Leftovers
Ability: Mummy
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest
- Toxic Spikes

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Moonlight
- Heal Bell
- Calm Mind
Changed around some of the sets so that I'm not floored by a bunch of meta trends and various other aspects. EVs on Mega Ampharos are so that it can defensively check Talonflame, Manaphy to a small extent, and Char-Y relatively well. Running some speed on Chesnaught to hit standard Specially Defensive Heatrans, with Rock Slide to hit Talonflame and Char-Y switch ins which can be a problem for the team if Mega Ampharos gets too pressured. Bronzong is pretty basic with Colbur for Dark spam and pursuit trappers like Weavile and Bisharp. Was thinking of running Rest so it can beat Landorus one on one considering how much of a threat it is so that's an option over HP Ice and you can go Relaxed nature if that's the case. Tentacruel is hazard removal for the team with Haze so you don't become Belly Drum Azumarill food. Cofagrigus provides T-Spikes support along with checks to the contact attackers, spin blocker to maintain these hazards, with Hex to punish status from either Will-O-Wisp or Toxic Spikes. Unaware Calm Mind Clefable is so that you don't just autolose to Manaphy, Mega Altaria, Mega Latias (which holy damn it's a threat), while providing some Heal Bell support so the team doesn't get worn down too heavily. Goal of the team is to set hazards so make it happen asap otherwise you'll probably get worn down in the long run without the hazards up. Borrowed the last two spreads from ben gay so definitely got to acknowledge that along with Ender and TDK helping out with Mega Ampharos spread. Enjoy.

When will this open up again. I understand you guys are busy with irl stuff and smogon stuff, but we haven't had anything in a week?

I Want Mega Blissey

Azelf @ Focus Sash
EVs: 196 Atk / 60 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Fire Blast
- Taunt

Keldeo-Resolute @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Calm Mind
- Substitute

Jirachi @ Expert Belt
Ability: Serene Grace
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Psychic

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Thundurus @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Wobbuffet @ Custap Berry
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 28 HP / 248 Def / 232 SpD
Bold Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Encore
- Counter
- Mirror Coat

Before I get into this, I just want to mention that this team was built from start to finish with Nedor and FookMi? . This made for a fun build + thanks for the help guys ^.^

First, in your original core we changed Substitute to HP Fire, Leftovers to Expert Belt, and Psyshock to Psychic on Jirachi. TBH, Jirachi isn't the best CM user; it doesn't have enough power, it doesn't have the best speed, Psychic + Steel isn't the best coverage, and a CM set doesn't really take advantage of Serene Grace. It isn't bad by any means, but there are just some issues with it. To fix those issues, we decided that running HP Fire for coverage and Expert Belt for more power would be nice. After this, we decided on Mega Gyarados to help Rachi and Keld with fat Psychics (slows, latis, reun, etc.) mainly. Fairly standard set here... Waterfall + Crunch are STABS, EQ for coverage, and DDance to boost. With three boosting Pokemon on the team, we decided that Wobbuffet was a must. Wobbu allows these three to set up their CMs/DDance via Encore, and it's able to get rid of some threats to the team. Thundurus was added to alleviate Birdspam, to provide a non-suicide lead taunter to help stop hazard stack (mainly), and to provide Thunder Wave support. As I said before, Jirachi isn't the fastest, but it isn't the slowest. Nonetheless, Thundy spreading para makes shit a lot easier for Rachi and the team in general. Finally, Azelf is just the standard suicide lead here; it provides SR, Fire Blast for Ferro, Taunt for opposing leads, and Explosion for momentum.

This team struggles with speedy Electrics that carry Volt Switch (Mega Manectric, Raikou, Volt Switch Thundurus). Keld behind a sub, and Gyara after boosting can help, but that can be said about most threats... Wobbuffet is (oddly) able to pressure teams that carry these Pokemon; by Volt Switching out against Wobbu, your opponent is gonna have to bring in something to take the Mirror coat, and they risk knocking Wob down to Custap range. Ferro is a bit annoying, but you do have HP Fire Rachi and Fire Blast Azelf.
Rotom-W can also be fairly annoying (main reason AM suggested changing Psyshock to Psychic on Rachi, thanks for the help ^.^). We built this team like a week and a half ago, so sorry that I'm kinda foggy on the threats :/ been busy lately.

Hope you enjoy this team! It was a very fun and interesting build for sure. If you have any questions about the team/need help with it, feel free to PM me on here or on PS!.

I Want Mega Blissey

Azelf @ Focus Sash
EVs: 196 Atk / 60 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Fire Blast
- Taunt

Keldeo-Resolute @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Calm Mind
- Substitute

Jirachi @ Expert Belt
Ability: Serene Grace
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Psychic

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Thundurus @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Wobbuffet @ Custap Berry
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 28 HP / 248 Def / 232 SpD
Bold Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Encore
- Counter
- Mirror Coat

Before I get into this, I just want to mention that this team was built from start to finish with Nedor and FookMi? . This made for a fun build + thanks for the help guys ^.^

First, in your original core we changed Substitute to HP Fire, Leftovers to Expert Belt, and Psyshock to Psychic on Jirachi. TBH, Jirachi isn't the best CM user; it doesn't have enough power, it doesn't have the best speed, Psychic + Steel isn't the best coverage, and a CM set doesn't really take advantage of Serene Grace. It isn't bad by any means, but there are just some issues with it. To fix those issues, we decided that running HP Fire for coverage and Expert Belt for more power would be nice. After this, we decided on Mega Gyarados to help Rachi and Keld with fat Psychics (slows, latis, reun, etc.) mainly. Fairly standard set here... Waterfall + Crunch are STABS, EQ for coverage, and DDance to boost. With three boosting Pokemon on the team, we decided that Wobbuffet was a must. Wobbu allows these three to set up their CMs/DDance via Encore, and it's able to get rid of some threats to the team. Thundurus was added to alleviate Birdspam, to provide a non-suicide lead taunter to help stop hazard stack (mainly), and to provide Thunder Wave support. As I said before, Jirachi isn't the fastest, but it isn't the slowest. Nonetheless, Thundy spreading para makes shit a lot easier for Rachi and the team in general. Finally, Azelf is just the standard suicide lead here; it provides SR, Fire Blast for Ferro, Taunt for opposing leads, and Explosion for momentum.

This team struggles with speedy Electrics that carry Volt Switch (Mega Manectric, Raikou, Volt Switch Thundurus). Keld behind a sub, and Gyara after boosting can help, but that can be said about most threats... Wobbuffet is (oddly) able to pressure teams that carry these Pokemon; by Volt Switching out against Wobbu, your opponent is gonna have to bring in something to take the Mirror coat, and they risk knocking Wob down to Custap range. Ferro is a bit annoying, but you do have HP Fire Rachi and Fire Blast Azelf.
Rotom-W can also be fairly annoying (main reason AM suggested changing Psyshock to Psychic on Rachi, thanks for the help ^.^). We built this team like a week and a half ago, so sorry that I'm kinda foggy on the threats :/ been busy lately.

Hope you enjoy this team! It was a very fun and interesting build for sure. If you have any questions about the team/need help with it, feel free to PM me on here or on PS!.

Thanks for the team man. A few days after I requested the core, I built my own team and I realized that CM rachi is not really that good of a counter to fairies, and I wanted to have a CM user that could handle fairies well, I bid goodbye to my fave mon and ended up building another team without the core. I don't have a stable internet connection anymore so I don't know if I can test the team soon, but it is a really nice team. I've never thought of using wobbuffet on a team with multiple setup mons so that's one lesson I've learned
from this. I'm really grateful that the team structure also taught me some things on teambuilding.

Also, Since rachi ain't really doing good against the fairies I wanted her to face (clef has flamethrower, azu has knock off and water moves, MAltaria has EQ/Fire Blast), is it okay to change rachi to another CM user without changing the overall team structure? I'm thinking of Reuniclus, having a chance of winning the CM war against clef and also does good against bulky psychics with shadow ball.

Thanks for the team man. A few days after I requested the core, I built my own team and I realized that CM rachi is not really that good of a counter to fairies, and I wanted to have a CM user that could handle fairies well, I bid goodbye to my fave mon and ended up building another team without the core. I don't have a stable internet connection anymore so I don't know if I can test the team soon, but it is a really nice team. I've never thought of using wobbuffet on a team with multiple setup mons so that's one lesson I've learned
from this. I'm really grateful that the team structure also taught me some things on teambuilding.

Also, Since rachi ain't really doing good against the fairies I wanted her to face (clef has flamethrower, azu has knock off and water moves, MAltaria has EQ/Fire Blast), is it okay to change rachi to another CM user without changing the overall team structure? I'm thinking of Reuniclus, having a chance of winning the CM war against clef and also does good against bulky psychics with shadow ball.
can't really 100% say if the team will be better or worse, but I don't see much of an issue with changing Rachi to Reun... just that you lose a fairy killer + HP fire for ferro, and the whole thing with Twave becomes just a little less useful. other than that, it should be fine :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)