Tournament The Neverused Premier League IV - (Player Signups)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deej Dy

Verified Ladder Scurb 乁( ◔ ౪◔)ㄏ
Wusgood guys, alright so my team name is going to be the KINGKLANGS

Relevant meme-

If you wish to tryout please contact either me or the people listed below on PS! or Smogon (I don't do IRC but I chill in the NU room on PS! a good bit) for the specified tiers:

Recruiters:

Christo.- NU ORAS
Teddeh - NU ADV
HJAD - NU BW2

I too will be available for tryouts, but please be patient as I will be traveling shortly.

Also I will be looking to draft a Meme-Man (unofficial) to disseminate team propaganda (Pictures/Videos) and make this a really fun NUPL. I don't care your Pokemon skill level, but I will draft you if you are qualified.
If you want to tryout for that contact me directly on Smogon in PM showing me your past/present meme skills.

Last edited:

soulgazer

I FEEL INFINITE
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I would prefer for NUPL to not happen if you are going to let clowns manage teams when >>TWO<< NUPL MANAGERS THAT WON THE TOURNAMENT (FLCL and Cased ) don't even have a spot. This is terrible. His memes aren't funny either, even Leremyju can do better...

I know NUPL isn't the most serious tournament to begin with, but there's a limit.

e: removed useless stuff

Last edited:

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I would prefer for NUPL to not happen if you are going to let clowns manage teams when >>TWO<< NUPL MANAGERS THAT WON THE TOURNAMENT (FLCL and Cased ) don't even have a spot. This is terrible. His memes aren't funny either, even Leremyju can do better...

I know NUPL isn't the most serious tournament to begin with, but all that is currently happening makes me believe the NU subforum is cringe as fuck.
soulgazers post was legitimately a concern. Not sure why it was deleted instead of answered ._.
Legitimate concern or not insulting other users is against the rules, if he posed the concern in a more acceptable way it would likely be taken more seriously.

I'm gonna take this opportunity to clear the air over this decision, considering its been handled pretty poorly so far. First off don't bring up FLCL because he deleted his own manager sign-up post and showed no interest in wanting to manage thereafter.

Regarding Cased:
He's recently unbanned and has a history of unsportsmanlike conduct and insulting other members as evidenced by his past infractions. He was absent for a majority of last years tournament and was open about ghosting one of his players. He hasn't maintained any presence in the tier during his time on council nor throughout the year barring his games for SPL.
Yeah he won the tournament last year, but considering he was literally just unbanned from being a dick on smogtours and has a present infraction for insulting a member in the nu subforum I don't think he's the right choice. You can't make up for year's of being a shithead with a week's work of positive input AFTER the manager's have been chosen.

If you have any further complaints regarding our selection of managers feel free to PM the NU Mod team and Quite Quiet, but don't drag it into public please.

Deej Dy

Verified Ladder Scurb 乁( ◔ ౪◔)ㄏ
No need to be so abrasive. I intend to take this tournament seriously and win, but I still want my team to enjoy themselves.
I had the 2nd best record last year, but I've eschewed that fact and adopted to take a more fun route than "MY SPL/NUPL/whatever record is better than yours!"

I intend to have fun with this tournament regardless, I play this game to have fun afterall. If this game is a big part of your life and you want a completely serious NUPL I respect that, but that ain't me

Username: § PURPLEDOOSH §
Time Zone: CST -
Tiers Played: ORAS, XY?
Availability: pmuch all the time except on school days where I'm limited to only being able to play after 4:00-5:00pm †

erisia

Innovative new design!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm withdrawing from this, as I have a lot on at the moment and I'd rather focus my priorities elsewhere.

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OK Sign-Ups are now closed, we're attempting to do the auction at 4PM EST in #nuplauction TODAY. However, if that doesnt work out we'll still be going with Thursday of this week at 4PM EST.

Quite Quiet

why fall in love when you can fall asleep
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
Hi.

Realistic Waters withdrew his sign up @ managers.

zdrup signed up for DPP/ORAS.

This is the last that will change before the auction.

Reactions: nv
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)