2015/16 Football/Soccer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a good guy when it comes to youth teams/academies/players I'll give him that much, should have just bullied his way into Ajax Academy like he always wanted, oh well...

Chelsea, do us all a favor tonight.

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
im actually glad spurs are winning and i want them to win this one at least. leicester winning on the final day with an AGUEROOOOOOOOO style goal from vardy is the real dream

did anyone really expect us to help leicester out

we've been shit all season and it's not about to change against the best/2nd best team in England atm

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
The good thing about this is that the ppl writing the script for the vardy Hollywood film would have been bummed out if Leicester won the league with him out of the action or because the spurs fucked up a game, now they'll have a quality climax.

The bad thing about this is that we might see the choke of the century.

Edit: fuck it lol. Congrats foxes.

Last edited:
ok i've been wrong about literally everything in this league, i don't know why i bother

What a fucking incredible game - so proud of Chelsea. Couldn't be happier for Leicester and Ranieri in particular. Have to admit I teared up at the final whistle, it is such an insane thing to comprehend Leicester City as champions of England - probably why I doubted them every single game this season.

I'm still struggling to believe it now tbh - but I repeat, how incredible is this?

Hazard was superb and looks like his old self now, hallelujah.

Leicester to lose their final 2 games

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Missed the game due to work, watched the highlights, what a brilliant Suarezesque finish from Hazard, a throwback to his goal against Liverpool. The game may have ended with 2 goals on both sides of the scoreboard but the looks on the Spurs players and fans dejected faces sure makes it feel like a win. You're welcome Leicester!

Last edited:
Greatest football achievement in modern times in my opinion. Shame they couldn't win it at home, but I doubt anyone cares now. Congratulations, a fairytale for future generations.
How do you define modern times? In the 90s Kaiserslautern won the German league (aka the league with Bayern Munich in it) the season after they were promoted.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Chelsea: it may have been a shit season for us, but seeing Hazard crush the very souls of those scum from Tottenham was one of the best non-title finishes I could hope for.

As a huge Ranieri fan (he was the coach when I started supporting Chelsea)/Vardy appreciator/blue jersey aficionado/fan of an underdog story, massive props to Leicester for winning the league. I am genuinely so happy for them, and eagerly await the Hollywood adaptation of their season.

After all of this Ranieri is truly crazy if he doesn't retire right now, the only other acceptable thing would be signing for Parma Calcio without compensation and bring them back to Serie A once again, as the team deserves <3

Anyway super happy for the beautiful ending a crazy season like this had, especially since Schmeichel clearly cast a spell on his goal after January

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)