Hearthstone [IRC Channel #Skillstone]

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Cool. Thanks for the tip. How about Blood to Ichor, is that a must-run or is anything else comparable to that card?

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah you need it to trigger patrons

Edit: taskmaster can be subbed of you don't have them

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Found out I got the cards. I was mixing it up with the 1 drop weapon for some reason...

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I pretty highly underrated basically all of the warrior cards except for Blood for Ichor and the legendary when they were revealing everything, probably because they epics were bad and the rest aren't flashy. I've had troubles with every Patron warrior I've run into, and Ravaging Ghoul and Bloodhoof Brave have been good in control warrior everytime I've seen them there. Pretty pleased with how things turned out for them.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Man I just want to start netdecking again JESUS. Sitting here spectating Spacewizard rage at the meta and Rem body nerds with rogue/alternatively get fukt over by yogg.

p.s. I HAVE YET TO SEE A YOGG DO ANYTHING REMOTELY GOOD. EVER.

Matthew

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Isn't Priest a little better than Druid? You can heal your Acolytes and Patrons and stuff to get more out of them.
I'd rate Druid slightly above Priest since it gives you a 4 War Axe and 4 is kind of important in this meta over the 3 base damage. Plus the ability to ping off targets to make Blood and Slam trade a bit more favorably is super useful. You're not wrong though, Priest is pretty great too.

Matthew

Double post #skillstone but Patron has been fucking tearing the ladder up this evening. While the odd Priest with their double Evil and Auchani will ruin your fun I have met no deck that I have not beaten on the ranks from 12 to 7. I really suggest picking it up if you want to climb and a pretty good rate.

edit:
on a win-streak mind you

Last edited:

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Hey! turns out Yogg-Saron is still the worst card in the game.

Was playing c'thun rogue against a mind vision/thoughtsteal deck featuring the card as a pseudo finisher. He plays it and it clears my board gives itself the +2/+6 buff and is ready for lift off, but wait, it played kill command to priest face and also maddening darkness (or whatever that warlock card is) and put him at 8 health letting me threaten with double eviscerate. So I set up looking for the combo playing my twin emperor, so he clears it with the yogg and goes for the ballsy shadowstep toxin (which he got from a mind visioned xaril) and played it again. Within the first few casts it procs Lava Burst to priest face Kill Command to priest face for my win.

I gave him the classic "Wow" emote. Next fucking level plays here folks.

Spectacular!
SO HOT.

Wait, do people use Yogg as a serious card? I thought people just used it when they wanted fun and crazy games.

Omega-Xis

Mauville's Own
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

Hey! So I've played a bit but never really commented here. I'm more of an arena player myself; not exactly infinite but I can usually get 3-4 runs out of one since I kind of fizzle out at the end. Idk if you'd call that semi-infinite or what... Basically I've never been much of a constructed player since I started after GvG or something so I never had a ton of cards. Obviously Arena has helped with that, and I'd probably be further along if uni didn't get in the way sometimes.

Anyways with so many of the "give a minion Divine Shield" cards out, primarily Selfless Hero and Steward of Darkshire, I thought I'd try to make a twist on the old cancer Secretdin deck. If there's a deck out there on the net, idk, I just wanted to throw something together to grind out gold. Remember how I said I do like 3-4 arena runs then fizzle out a bit? Basically the next weeks I'll be grinding out gold to get the last 4 wings of LoE... Yes I always wait too damn long to do the wings lol.

Anyways this is a deck I've really been enjoying, pushed me straight through from 15 to 11 on the EU server without a loss (NA is my main but I'm notoriously unlucky there, won up to 13 from 15 straight but unlike EU, ran into some misses and lost to some Freeze Mages). Anyways, I'll share a few funny screenshots, they're pretty hilarious.

Turns into:

This was pretty funny too:

I have thought about a few things, such as teching in Haunted Creepers but I'm not sure over what. Obviously I am lacking Consecration, but I don't feel like I've missed it in many games. The shields and overall tempo I gain are usually sufficient enough that I haven't really been in too many situations where I found myself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had Consecration." Zoolock was generally the only deck that made me feel that way, but I probably won that matchup around half the time, but I can't say for sure, I never keep detailed statistics really. I probably should though! Also, crushed Face Shaman every time with this deck :) 7/7 doesn't mean anything if you're running into 2/1s all the time or you're hitting a Divine Shield Taunt!

Matthew

I'm not too experienced in Wild, so take it with a grain of salt, but I think you can actually just cut all your late game for stronger early game. Maybe cap the curve at Loatheb? 2x Kings is a must, Seal of Champions is probably a one or two of, and dropping Coghammer for Rallying Blade makes a lot of sense.

That also means you cut your secrets for better early game and run 2x Divine Favor Omega-Xis

EDIT: Conc is a tech you can add in, but for such a tempo based deck it doesn't really feel needed unless you think Zoo is out of control.

phil

could do worse
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Got legend with this yesterday. Thank god for all these streamers popularising midrange Hunter, the deck's an incredible matchup for Zoo. Zoo looks so different from what it was pre-Standard, but it still works incredibly well.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion

Got legend with this yesterday. Thank god for all these streamers popularising midrange Hunter, the deck's an incredible matchup for Zoo. Zoo looks so different from what it was pre-Standard, but it still works incredibly well.
dis my list yo, which is still unchanged from last month (legend again today yo)

Dragon Egg is pretty good. Ideally, if I could be assed to change it I would probably use Gormok over one of the Sea Giants or Doomguards (Leeroy is scrubshit yo) and probably figure out where to fit ye ol' Skill Juggler (Knife not Flame) back in there. Probably over the Elven Archers but it's fun with Egg/IGB, pretty good in the mirror for raw board control (takes care of IGB tokens, second half of Villager/Squire, etc.), and so on. I wouldn't mind my own Crazed Alchemist either, Doomsayer is everywhere right now and it also beats the Frost Nova combo since it doesn't require swinging in.

Even without the Archer synergy Egg is still good on its own though. It's deathrattle-esque in that it protects your board from damage-based AoE, especially the one-damage variety like new asshole on the block Ravaging Ghoul, and leaves a body behind if you buff it to trade into something. On average it's not better than our departed friend Nerubian Egg, but honestly if you get more than one whelp from it from bumping 1/x dudes or getting an Argus on it the power level isn't far off. You can bump the 0/2 for free and it doesn't trade so efficiently then, but most opponents won't bother because it's slow to do and they'd rather force you to have the buffs to make use of it. There's also a ton of 1/x one-drops in the metagame right now that can't bump it in one go either; 2/1 doods are almost extinct outside of Abusive Sergeant and occasionally Fiery Bat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)