2016 Facebook Art Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Throwback Week will start the Monday or Tuesday following the completion of the Kingdra and Starmie pieces, so as soon as you can.
Just a quick note that I'll definitely have it done before this Monday/Tuesday. Since I'm doing this one traditionally I've had a bit of trouble getting the supplies and finding a scanner, but I think I pretty much have everything figured out now.

antemortem

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head

if you want the background changed i don't mind, it's 1 am so i kinda rushed the end =v=
that is... incredible, thanks so much. I'll schedule this to go up with the Floatzel PotW on June 5th.

Ssensenh Scizor is free, have at it! it's technically Mega Scizor, but we had someone do Mega Scizor six months ago or so, so if you want to do regular Scizor, or an image depicting Scizor and Mega Scizor together, that would be fine.

Hello again!

Here's the new list of pokemon we need art for our weekly giveaways. We are taking a break on June that's why the list says July. :)

July 2016 Giveaway Schedule (NEED ART)
these need art; art is due on the date listed
  • July 01 - Latios [ aXl ]
  • July 08 - Kabutops [ aXl ]
  • July 15 - Serperior (Shiny) [ Koumashiki ]
  • July 22 - Garchomp [ Rodo ]
  • July 29 - Heatran [ Nerina ]

Art for giveaways must include a frame/outline that details the Pokemon. For more information on how this works see this post -> http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/2016-facebook-art-thread.3559615/page-6#post-6738549

The Pokemon details are listed below:
July 1:

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Level: 50
EVs: 12 Def / 248 SpA / 248 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power Fire
- Defog
Notes:

July 8:

Kabutops (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet

July 15:

Serperior (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 248 SpA / 12 SpD / 248 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power Fire
- Glare

July 22:

Garchomp (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

July 29:

Heatran (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Level: 100
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Toxic

As always I look forward to seeing the great artwork you guys make here. If you have any doubts feel free to reply or PM me about it.

Edit: Reserved Garchomp for Rodo and Serperior for Koumashiki.
Edit2: Reserved Latios for aXl

Last edited:
Throwback Week will start the Monday or Tuesday following the completion of the Kingdra and Starmie pieces, so as soon as you can.
I'm pretty much done with Starmie, but I just found out that the library will be closed until Tuesday, meaning that I can't get it scanned until then.
Would you be able to start Throwback Week if I guarantee that I will get it to you on Tuesday? I don't want to delay this any longer :<

antemortem

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
I'm pretty much done with Starmie, but I just found out that the library will be closed until Tuesday, meaning that I can't get it scanned until then.
Would you be able to start Throwback Week if I guarantee that I will get it to you on Tuesday? I don't want to delay this any longer :<
yep

antemortem

Socialization Head

if you want the background changed i don't mind, it's 1 am so i kinda rushed the end =v=
in retrospect, and after having actually posted it to the page very briefly and seeing a few responses, this is prey to being overtly sexualized, unfortunately. if you want to try and redo the style I'd love to use a less provocative version in the future.

Jackii

pyukumukumukuyp
is a Top Artist Alumnus
in retrospect, and after having actually posted it to the page very briefly and seeing a few responses, this is prey to being overtly sexualized, unfortunately. if you want to try and redo the style I'd love to use a less provocative version in the future.
haha xD this was something that i was kind of afraid might happen, i'll see what i can do and sorry for the inconvience ;v;

Jackii

pyukumukumukuyp
is a Top Artist Alumnus

This was the sketch I worked out and was wondering if this could go through a check...just in case. Although unmotivated, I do realize I need to fix the mess I started
I tried to stick, almost completely, to the original design
---
In all seriousness, I sincerely apologize to everyone who was involved in this, from the social media head to the article writer, who dedicated time and effort into their parts just to have me ruin mine ;v; I should have taken into consideration the demographic and worked around this seeing as the swampert image wasn't too well-received either, and I hope to take this experience and be more careful in the future. Another apology to anyone I may have offended with the picture and I would like you to know that I had no prior intentions of the image seeming a bit...racy, I don't draw animals often so I may have taken inspiration from a female figure. Sorry again for the inconvenience, I'll try my best to fix my mistakes :'>

Jackii

pyukumukumukuyp
is a Top Artist Alumnus
haha the previous sketch looks so derpy xD

ahh i wanna keep adding more but it's 12 am ;v;
thanks again, ante, for giving me a second chance
"I am not throwing away my shot!"
/me gets out (ง ◕ั⌑◕ั)ว ⁾

Last edited:

antemortem

Socialization Head
Jackii, I really appreciate what you said (and honestly it's also my fault for not saying anything sooner) and the new art looks fantastic.

Thanks for taking the time to redo it; it'll go up this Sunday. :)

Tried out Pastels this time around. Figured I'd post here for comments and/or to bump the thread due to relative inactivity here.

EDIT: Back wing darkened and added a touch of orange plumeage to (hopefully) better delineate between the two.

Last edited:

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Its second wing in the background could a much darker tone, if only to make its foremost wing stand out better since at first I had difficulties interpreting the image's components. Its tail feathers could also be positioned lower and more to the right since its body isn't that short, but that isn't as apparent. I can only applaud your choice of method.

Hey! It's been a while.

The Facebook giveaways will restart this weekend and I wanted to bump this as a reminder to the people that are already working on art. Also to those looking to contribute we are still in need of Kabutops and Heatran art.

Thanks for all the contributions so far. I'm looking forward to what you guys make this month. :)

Hello again!

Here's the new list of pokemon we need art for our weekly giveaways. We are taking a break on June that's why the list says July. :)

July 2016 Giveaway Schedule (NEED ART)
these need art; art is due on the date listed
  • July 01 - Latios [ aXl ]
  • July 08 - Kabutops [ aXl ]
  • July 15 - Serperior (Shiny) [ Koumashiki ]
  • July 22 - Garchomp [ Rodo ]
  • July 29 - Heatran [ Nerina ]

Art for giveaways must include a frame/outline that details the Pokemon. For more information on how this works see this post -> http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/2016-facebook-art-thread.3559615/page-6#post-6738549

The Pokemon details are listed below:
July 1:

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 12 Def / 248 SpA / 248 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power Fire
- Defog
Notes:

July 8:

Kabutops (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet

July 15:

Serperior (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 248 SpA / 12 SpD / 248 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power Fire
- Glare

July 22:

Garchomp (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

July 29:

Heatran (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Level: 100
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Toxic

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)