Pokémon GO

Went driving around various cities with friends today and walking some parks too. Who knew Knotts Berry Farm would have so many Pokespots? The best thing about this is that we saw so many other people doing this too. Every pokespot we went to, there was several groups of people there too.

Also, I caught a 347 CP Kingler under a freeway overpass today. I cannot remember the last time catching a Kingler made me this happy.

I really hope they expand the roster of Pokemon. It'll give this game so much more life, and make gyms much more interesting.

Went driving around various cities with friends today and walking some parks too. Who knew Knotts Berry Farm would have so many Pokespots? The best thing about this is that we saw so many other people doing this too. Every pokespot we went to, there was several groups of people there too.

Also, I caught a 347 CP Kingler under a freeway overpass today. I cannot remember the last time catching a Kingler made me this happy.

I really hope they expand the roster of Pokemon. It'll give this game so much more life, and make gyms much more interesting.
According to E3, they eventually plan to add all Pokémon; up to and including Gen 7.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
I beat a bunch of level 3-4 gyms earlier today. What determines the level that your gym will start at when you put your own pokemon in there? Or do they all start at level 2?

So when is the UK getting Go? Someone I know had an Australian dad so he used his account to get ago and he found. Krabby on a fridge! Apparently the nearby church to my school is a poke stop. Are all Churches poke stops? Also, is it true you can get a secret starter (not telling )?

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
So when is the UK getting Go? Someone I know had an Australian dad so he used his account to get ago and he found. Krabby on a fridge! Apparently the nearby church to my school is a poke stop. Are all Churches poke stops? Also, is it true you can get a secret starter (not telling )?
you can get pokemon go in the uk anyway you just have to change your phone's location and stuff to USA to get it off app store, i just googled it and followed a guide on line. it does work, i've been playing it.

servers are a disgrace though and basically just crash every 4.2 seconds.

I'd recommend not doing it through itunes; inputting a country which isn't your own is against the terms and conditions.

Just don't use Australia. We'd like to keep our servers up and running please and thank you
THIS. Been such a pain in the ass.
If I have 2 Pokés of the same species with the same CP, and one has the semi circle nearly full and the other one is nearly empty, which is the optimal one to train?

you can get pokemon go in the uk anyway you just have to change your phone's location and stuff to USA to get it off app store, i just googled it and followed a guide on line. it does work, i've been playing it.

servers are a disgrace though and basically just crash every 4.2 seconds.
Will it still work if I change it back to UK?

Also, is evolution just down to chance since there's no levels or stones?

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Will it still work if I change it back to UK?

Also, is evolution just down to chance since there's no levels or stones?
yeah can confirm it all works, just follow one of the guides online. it involves signing out of your current apple id and creating a new one based in america (i used the bellagio hotel, las vegas), changing your phone location to america and then going on app store to download. once you've downloaded the app you can just sign out and back in to your real apple id and change your location back to uk and use the app as normal. just redownload the app when it is released in the uk.

If I have 2 Pokés of the same species with the same CP, and one has the semi circle nearly full and the other one is nearly empty, which is the optimal one to train?
Out of curiosity, is the pokemon with the empty circle bigger or heavier than the one with a nearly full circle? Are there any other differences between the pokemon? Its quite interesting to see a two of the same species of mons with a similar cp being in very different spots on the circle. If the stuff I read online is correct, the circle shows how much of a pokemon's maximum cp is reached, meaning the empty one can become a lot stronger than the one that's almost full.

The circle is just the cp value and you can improve it by spending stardust, there's a limit on how much you can "train" a pokemon tied to your trainer level, I did a test and it seems that the amount of stardust required to train a pokemon is the same no matter the evolution stage (I did 2 tests with a pidgey and a Zubat, but more data is required).
Something important to keep in mind is that every pokemon can have different attacks, so I have a Pidgeot with Steel/Flying attacks and one with Normal/Flying so is worth to keep in mind before just transfering all your spares.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
One simple change to make boosting older pokemon more viable over just constantly catching new stuff: make it cost a lot less stardust! WHY is boosting so expensive? There's a limit on how far you can boost stuff as it is!

Reactions: JES

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The semicircle indicates how close to max CP you are. Also powering up increase in cost the further along your circle gets. In your particular scenario go with the one with empty circle because it's got higher potential and will be cheaper to power up at the beginning

The semicircle indicates how close to max CP you are. Also powering up increase in cost the further along your circle gets. In your particular scenario go with the one with empty circle because it's got higher potential and will be cheaper to power up at the beginning
Has anyone confirmed if they have different potential? also I think that if you start with an empty circle you will only waste some stardust, by the end they always cost 1000 SD to power up in my experience.

About to claim my first gym, wish me luck lol. Also I find dodging to be completely useless, anyone successful at it?

Last edited:

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Has anyone confirmed if they have different potential? also I think that if you start with an empty circle you will only waste some stardust, by the end they always cost 1000 SD to power up in my experience.
well no the cost to power up goes up as you power it up. How full the circle is just indicates how much it's already been upgraded. For example if you catch a mon with the circle almost full already, it will not be able to be powered up much more before it's maxed out. If you think of the circle as a percentage, I can roughly estimate for you the powerup costs:

0-25% full = 200 stardust
26-50% full = 400 stardust
51-65% full = 600 stardust
66-80% full = 800 stardust
81-90% full = 1000 stardust
91-100% full = 1300 stardust

This is just based on my observations, these percentages are not exact obviously. It does seem as though the circle fills more quickly at first and then slows down as you get closer to the end, meaning you'll jump into the 800 or 1000 range relatively quickly and then have to spend that several times before you get to the next section. It's very expensive on the top end

EDIT: Upon further observation, I've noticed at the top end there are tiers of 1600 and 1900 cost as well. I am starting to suspect that a pokemon cannot technically reach max CP, it just gets progressively more expensive the closer and closer you get to 100%

Last edited:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
*Walked into the living room where my mom is watching "The Talk". Sees all the hosts are wearing Pokemon hoodie pajamas*

Mom: They're promoting Pokemon Go.

This, gaming websites, and the news in general, all talking about Pokemon. It feels like we're back in 1990 1999 again, especially since its only the Gen I Pokemon, lol.

Last edited:
meaning you'll jump into the 800 or 1000 range relatively quickly and then have to spend that several times before you get to the next section. It's very expensive on the top end
My observations match approximately this description too, I'm not sure about the %s though, nvm my first post, I'm just bad at reading (in my defense English is my second language =p)

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
*Walked into the living room where my mom is watching "The Talk". Sees all the hosts are wearing Pokemon hoodie pajamas*

Mom: They're promoting Pokemon Go.

This, gaming websites, and the news in general, all talking about Pokemon. It feels like we're back in 1990 again, especially since its only the Gen I Pokemon, lol.
My dad's telling me this too. The major channel in Hong Kong was talking about Pokemon GO in the news.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)