Pokémon GO

I live in Washington State, a small city called Puyallup. It seems to mostly have poison types like Zubat, Ghastly, Koffing, Oddish, Bellsprout, and both gendered Nidoran. To be honest though, I'm at Level 8, and I have a feeling the Pokemon you can find are somewhat related to your level. I've seen a fair number of Eevee and Clefairy, too.

I think level does increase your chances of finding new Pokemon. At first my only options were Drowzee, Geodude, and Weedle for the little "Nearby" tab. Now it also has Hypno, Nidoran male, Abra, Vulpix, and probably more I've forgotten about.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I may get this game just because I want to know what Pokémon I can find in my area, as I live within spitting distance of a large estuary.

Well unfortunately I lost all my Pokemon and my trainer level I realized today. Tried turning the game off, etc, but nothing worked. No Pokemon are appearing now either....

Went to town and there are no pokestops or gyms.

Idaho is under-appreciated.

Well, I live on a 5 acre farm in the foothills. That might explain it. I've mostly found normal types here with the two fire types, one fighting, and the million Drowzee that keep popping up.
I live in the center of a city, and I seem to get a fuckton of Zubats, as well as a lot of Clefairies, Weedles and Pidgeys. On the other hand, I have encountered just one Drowzee and like 2-3 Spearows.

Pokemon distribution seems to be random, I guess.

Last edited:
... Whoops
I'll move that then ^^;

In relevant news, Turns out there's a battery saver option in Pokemon Go!

If you go to settings and select the power saver option, whenever you flip your phone upside down, your screen will turn black, but the game shall continue on. So you can still here notifications and stuff

I live in a suburb and instead of finding a Spearow like everyone, I managed to catch a wild Fearow. Lucky I guess.

Also, does anyone else have trouble activating pokemon around rustling grass? One time I was standing right in the middle of some and no pokemon appeared. :(

Apparently the release date for the UK and some European countries is going to be delayed. This is because of problems with the servers, I think...

i live in the netherlands in a city called Middelburg, 5 mons were standing on my cat today, i found poliwag, pikachu, ratatta, a huge army of pidgeys, spearows and weedles

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
~Update~
So I took my dog on another walk. This was a long walk. A very long walk. This is what I learned:
1. Eggs are more common than I thought. By the time the one I had in my incubator hatched, I literally had 8 other eggs. I'd put it at about a 30% chance to get one from a Poké Stop.
2. Five kilometers is a really long distance. I recommend starting with 2K eggs, unless you're planning on going a long way.
3. You get additional incubators from leveling up, but they have limited uses.
4. Pokémon are very common in dark green "field" areas. You're pretty much guaranteed at least two on each visit.
5. Eggs appear to come in only 2-kilometer or 5-kilometer hatch distances.
6. Ever wonder what's inside these eggs? On my walk, I hatched a 2K egg and a 5K egg, and here's what was inside:
Weedle (CP: 71) + 12 Weedle Candy

Krabby (CP: 79) + 12 Krabby Patty Candy

Also, does anyone else have trouble activating pokemon around rustling grass? One time I was standing right in the middle of some and no pokemon appeared. :(
7. The rustling grass hasn't been working for me, either...
Anyway, I hope my information was useful!
Edit: Snaquaza has informed me that 10K eggs are a thing as well. My guess is that they're only available at higher levels. Just for reference, I'm level 6 right now.

Went on a walk with my brother and a friend of his to hit up the town Gyms and spots (my own phone is old and doesn't run the game), and it seems like a lot of fun for what it's trying to be. Just wish the capture system was a bit less jittery considering Pokeballs are (relatively) limited for how easy they are to waste.

Might wanna get my phone upgraded so I can play this before I go back to University classes.

Has anyone figured out how you can tell what your Eevee will evolve into? I've seen some people say that it depends on which move it has as an Eevee (Body Slam, Swift, Dig) and I've seen some people say it's random.

Probably been able to play for about 10 minutes total due to server issues. I'll try to play again later tonight but I'm very disappointed cause it seems really fun but it's basically unplayable so far, every time I start to go for a walk the app crashes. Hopefully Ninantic resolves these issues soon cause I want a Golbat goddamit

This game is so damn fun so far.

Anyone know what the blue lines next to an attack mean?
The second attack is your Pokemon's "Charge" attack. As you progress in a gym battle, deal damage, and dodge the opponent, the bar steadily fiils up. Once its full, you can use that attack! They're much stronger than your standard melee taps.

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
This game has been really fun for me so far! I live near a forest-y kind of place, so I find a lot of cool Bug Pokemon like Pinsir and Kakuna, I even found a Scyther once! The models for the Pokemon are super sleek and cool-looking, and I'm really excited to see what will come next as they add more regions to the game!

I decided to put on a flannel shirt, grab an umbrella, and go Pokemon hunting in the rain!

Besides nearly slipping in the mud nothing interesting happened, but I did spot rustling grass (In a neighbor's yard, RIP.) and caught a Pidgey! That Pidgey gave me enough candy to evolve my better one, so now I have a Pidgeotto. :D

Hoping to go to town soon now that I have the game working and double-check for Pokestops and gyms. Maybe I'll go to the farmer's market.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Has anyone figured out how you can tell what your Eevee will evolve into? I've seen some people say that it depends on which move it has as an Eevee (Body Slam, Swift, Dig) and I've seen some people say it's random.
I heard it was move-based.

Anyone know how to tell if your mons have good moves? Caught a Tauros with Tackle and Earthquake and I don't know if I should power it up or not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)