Pokémon GO

I went down to my local canal and found 5 rare water pokemon! Then I looked at the gyms and they all have between 400-900 CP. My CP average is just below 100. Apart from the power up option, how can inincrease my CP fast

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I went down to my local canal and found 5 rare water pokemon! Then I looked at the gyms and they all have between 400-900 CP. My CP average is just below 100. Apart from the power up option, how can inincrease my CP fast
At higher levels you can catch higher CP Pokemon right out of the gate and also I find that hatching eggs often grants a higher CP than a lot you find in the wild

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Raise your trainer level as fast as you can. Catch everything you can, save up your candy, then use a lucky egg and evolve everything at once.

So I've had friends reporting problems with trespassers on their property. Anyone know means of working against this, whether by property law or just the game? Like, is it possible to get an area blacklisted from spawning mons? I know the obvious solution is call the police, but after the "burglar sued a house because he got injured during robbery" case actually made it to a court, I feel like the legal system is at best making 3 rights to go left.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
So I've had friends reporting problems with trespassers on their property. Anyone know means of working against this, whether by property law or just the game? Like, is it possible to get an area blacklisted from spawning mons? I know the obvious solution is call the police, but after the "burglar sued a house because he got injured during robbery" case actually made it to a court, I feel like the legal system is at best making 3 rights to go left.
The thing is, the range on a Pokemon being able to be engaged in combat is pretty large. It's a good 30 metres or more (100 feet) because I can find/engage stuff from my bedroom which is out near my car/garage and out the front across the stream. I'm kinda confused how people are even having to get that close to them to pick them up...

I've been able to catch Pokemon several meters or more away while in the passenger seat of my mom's car on the highway. Maybe tell your friends to tell the trespassers sometimes they don't need to get as close as they think? Or call the police, which is reasonable if it keeps happening.

I'm going to the Keys later today. Here's to hoping I find some interesting pokemon. It's a four and half hour car ride. I haven't been venturing out as much as I'd like to because I don't have a car of my own, I'm only willing to walk so far, and I don't want to go to any places I'm not familiar with.

I expect lots of water types

The thing is, the range on a Pokemon being able to be engaged in combat is pretty large. It's a good 30 metres or more (100 feet) because I can find/engage stuff from my bedroom which is out near my car/garage and out the front across the stream. I'm kinda confused how people are even having to get that close to them to pick them up...
Yeah I had the issue where pokemon were too far away before. Sometimes, it is physically demanding because imfind you have to get up and move around a lot more. This isn't always possible.

I've only played for a day or two and I've already spent more than 6 pounds! This game just tries to suck you in. The system of having a certain amount of poke balls and no way of getting poke coins is stupid!

Last edited:
I've only played for a day or two and I've already spent more than 6 pounds! This game just tries to suck you in. The system of having a certain amount of pie balls and no way of getting poke coins is stupid!
Once you reach level five, you can join a team and start battling gyms. From what I've heard, winning in gym battles gets you coins. I also noticed that when I reached level five, I was granted with various items, including pokeballs. You can also get pokeballs by spinning the icon at any pokestop. These pokestops reset every five minutes, so if you spin the icon, then wait five minutes, you can get more stuff. Still, I understand. It's not always easy for everyone to get to a pokestop, especially if you're far away from one, and only being able to battle gyms once you reach level five means you have to be really careful with using your stuff until then.

had the 3 footstep bug as well. Also had some rare pokemon pop up on spot 3 on the radar, then disappear, come back and disappear again. walking around did not make them show up again. I want my eevee and horsea :(. Also I hope the Netherlands get their official release soon.

did anyone else have all pokemon as always 3 footsteps away today? first time this has happened, and it was quite annoying as it was basically completely random as to where a pokemon would spawn. im hoping its a bug that affected more people than just myself, otherwise i have a problem...
Happened to me as well. Lost a Pinsir over it. :pirate:

Once you reach level five, you can join a team and start battling gyms. From what I've heard, winning in gym battles gets you coins. I also noticed that when I reached level five, I was granted with various items, including pokeballs. You can also get pokeballs by spinning the icon at any pokestop. These pokestops reset every five minutes, so if you spin the icon, then wait five minutes, you can get more stuff. Still, I understand. It's not always easy for everyone to get to a pokestop, especially if you're far away from one, and only being able to battle gyms once you reach level five means you have to be really careful with using your stuff until then.
Do you loose poke balls if you fail to hit the pokemon with the ball?

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
You can tap it quickly and you get it back, otherwise it's lost. If they break out its gone though.

Also I've only been playing a day and that 3 footstep thing is happening frequently (sadface)

You can tap it quickly and you get it back, otherwise it's lost. If they break out its gone though.

Also I've only been playing a day and that 3 footstep thing is happening frequently (sadface)
Good to know!

Just started playing today, joined team Articuno :)

did anyone else have all pokemon as always 3 footsteps away today? first time this has happened, and it was quite annoying as it was basically completely random as to where a pokemon would spawn. im hoping its a bug that affected more people than just myself, otherwise i have a problem...
It's a bug. I lost a Wartortle and Tangela over it which blows...

------

I posted this on PS and people didn't know about it yet, so I might as well post it here to spread the word. There's apparently a way to force your Eevees to evolve into what you want (Flareon, Vaporeon, Jolteon). The way it works is you name the Eevee either Rainer, Sparky, or Pyro before you evolve. Pyro will get you Flareon, Sparky gets you Jolteon, and Rainer gets you Vaporeon. It's apparently based off the Eevee brothers from the anime. Source thread from Reddit. Seems to work for everyone so far, I haven't tried it yet since I don't have enough Eevee candies.

It's a bug. I lost a Wartortle and Tangela over it which blows...

------

I posted this on PS and people didn't know about it yet, so I might as well post it here to spread the word. There's apparently a way to force your Eevees to evolve into what you want (Flareon, Vaporeon, Jolteon). The way it works is you name the Eevee either Rainer, Sparky, or Pyro before you evolve. Pyro will get you Flareon, Sparky gets you Jolteon, and Rainer gets you Vaporeon. It's apparently based off the Eevee brothers from the anime. Source thread from Reddit. Seems to work for everyone so far, I haven't tried it yet since I don't have enough Eevee candies.
Just tried it with for a Jolteon since I didn't have any electrics and it seems to work, I wonder if is leftovers of some test code.

It's probably an easter egg.

I'm currently on the road to the Keys. I encountered quite a bit of pokemon, made it to level six, and joined Team Valor. Unfortunately, I ran out of pokeballs. I got some more when I leveled up to six, but it's not enough. I got 15, and I'm already down to 11. And the thing is, my dad is driving and he's not gonna stop just for me to hit up a pokestop. The one place we did stop so far wasn't a pokestop. We usually take a bathroom break, so fingers crossed the place we stop is a pokestop.

Okay, does anyone else experience a glitch in which your avatar ends up in a place that you aren't? It's happened to me a few times before, and it's usually nothing major (like it'll show my avatar across the street when I'm really in my house), but this time...
received_851610844970319.jpeg

I'm in the ocean???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)