Pokémon GO

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
My middle-aged mother is actually trying to get me to download this.

Man, times have changed.
My brother stopped playing Pokemon after Gen II and on day one he downloaded the app and likes it. He likes it and plays it casually while being driven around. I think he picked Team Instinct though I don't think he really does any of the Gym stuff. Still, he hasn't really been interested in Pokemon since Gen II and he's hooked on Pokemon GO when he has nothing else to do.

My brother stopped playing Pokemon after Gen II and on day one he downloaded the app and likes it. He likes it and plays it casually while being driven around. I think he picked Team Instinct though I don't think he really does any of the Gym stuff. Still, he hasn't really been interested in Pokemon since Gen II and he's hooked on Pokemon GO when he has nothing else to do.
This seems to be happening quite a bit, actually. Something about Pokemon Go is resonating with a lot of people who have otherwise given up on the franchise, usually people who only played gen 1/gen 2. Maybe it's the nostalgia factor? The game does invite that sort of childlike fascination.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
My office is right next to a river and has tons of water types.
I have a stream outside the front of my house and I get Horsea/Goldeen/Magikarp/Poliwag pretty regularly.

On the other hand I haven't been able to log in for nearly 24 hours. Getting very annoying that I can't play the game because they didn't expect it to be as popular as it is.

Pikachi315111 said:
My wife and I went on a Poke-date last night and both agreed it was the best date we've had in a while. She never was into Pokemon before now and her only exposure was to the anime when she was a kid. Now every time she registers a new Pokemon she says the name of it like it's talking from the anime :)

Quick question, is vapo the best eevee?

EDIT: will i have to max out my eevees CP before evolving it to get better MAX stats on vapo?

Quick question, is vapo the best eevee?
Yes, vaporeon is the best Eevee in the game right now.

EDIT: will i have to max out my eevees CP before evolving it to get better MAX stats on vapo?
No, you dont have to max out you're eevee's CP before evolving. Unless you are lvl 20+ and its a high CP Eevee it's not worth investing stardust and candies in powering it up

Disjunction

Everything I waste gets recycled
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Vapo is not only the best eeveelution, but the best pokemon in the game. You are losing put on a ridiculous amount of opportunity cost by not using one.

I live in a city and I am bombarded with normal and poison types. Some regions have higher spawn rates for specific mons than others, but that is not to say you can't catch most things anywhere. I have found poliwags, horseas, and magikarp in areas several tens of miles away from any good body of water

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Judging from my recent text messages, my sister and her boyfriend have apparently started playing the game (she's never touched any aspect of the franchise before), and my dad knows co-workers that are well in their 40s and 50s that are actively playing.

2016 has been one hell of a weird year.

Also, I literally can't find any Pokemon around here without driving for 10 mins. Living in the sticks sucks.

Finally, Go is released in Ja....
Eh, Greninja'd.....

Unsurprisingly, it crashes.

EDIT: And just few hours since release, someone already fell and got hospitalised.

Last edited:
Reactions: JES
I have a few questions about the future updates.

Will they add the old turn based battle style if they add the option to battle other people?(Not in gyms)

Last question, will they add trading?

sin(pi)

lucky n bad

Will they add the old turn based battle style if they add the option to battle other people?(Not in gyms)

Short answer: we don't know.
Long answer weeeeee doooooon'tttttt knooooooowwwww

---
On a serious note, we have no idea whether they'll add a turn based battling system (seems unlikely), and we expect that they'll add trading (I believe it was shown in the trailer? Check the OP of this thread).

edit @above: do you have a source on the johto mons? I'd love to see that :D

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

How are we supposed to know? Read Niantic's website if you want actual information on future updates...

Also, while not as in depth as the main games, there is a bit of strategy in Gym building and raising up our pokemon, what moves they have, whether they make good attackers or defenders, etc.

Pokemon even still have IVs in this game, the more we unearth, the more competitive this game is gonna get.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)