Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect Black / White are the main source. RNG was particularly easy in those games. That's certainly where I got mine. Though I warn you, catching your own flawless Dittos gets a bit addictive. First you catch a flawless Ditto. Then you think about getting a flawless Ditto of each nature. Then you start going after flawless, 0 Speed IV Dittos of each -Speed nature for Trick Room use. I haven't gotten to the point of going after 0 Attack Dittos of each -SpA nature for minimizing special attacker confusion damage, but I'm sure plenty of folk have.

A true flawless pentagon Ditto would be quite the trophy though!
Power Saves. Deal done. No sweat. There are plenty of them flying around already.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Best moveset for a Solo Pikachu run in Yellow or a solo Jigglypuff run in Blue?
Just let me check their Gen 1 movepools and stats and... oh, those stats suck. For your sake, I hope you're the kind of guy that fights every trainer. You might need your Pikachu to be Level 92.

For Pikachu, I don't think I need to say this with his defenses, but all out offense. Thundershock is obvious until Level 26, which is when you get Thunerbolt. Use whatever's the most powerful Normal Type Move you have at the time and Quick Attack until you get Swift, which you should keep unlit you get Double Edge unless you don't like that move. For your last move, get to The Celadon City Store as soon as you can for Submission. The few other options include Seismic Toss and nothing else even remotely close to good.

For Jigglypuff, there are many options, so I'll tell you your options, but not tell you what moveset to use. There are no boosting moves and no good defensive ones outside of Defense Curl, so I recommend offense again. For your Normal Type Move, You can get Body Slam from the S.S. Anne. Jigglypuff has very high HP, so feel free to consider Double Edge at Level 39. Sing is inaccurate, but you might want to use it. You can get Water Gun in Mt. Moon then replace it with Bubble Beam after you beat Misty. Thunderbolt is another early move which you get from Lt. Surge. When you get to the Celadon City Store, you can get Submission again, which uses Jigglypuff's higher Attack stat, if you want it up and Ice Beam from the girl on the roof and then you can go to Saffron City immediately after for Psychic. If you want to be defensive, you can also buy Double Team from the store, but I'll hate you for using that BS. When you get to Cinnabar Island, you can get the 90 Accuracy Blizzard from the Manson and Fire Blast from Blane. So yeah, lots of options. Just use what you think you need.

Best moveset for a Solo Pikachu run in Yellow or a solo Jigglypuff run in Blue?
Just let me check their Gen 1 movepools and stats and... oh, those stats suck. For your sake, I hope you're the kind of guy that fights every trainer. You might need your Pikachu to be Level 92.

For Pikachu, I don't think I need to say this with his defenses, but all out offense. Thundershock is obvious until Level 26, which is when you get Thunerbolt. Use whatever's the most powerful Normal Type Move you have at the time and Quick Attack until you get Swift, which you should keep unlit you get Double Edge unless you don't like that move. For your last move, get to The Celadon City Store as soon as you can for Submission. The few other options include Seismic Toss and nothing else even remotely close to good.

For Jigglypuff, there are many options, so I'll tell you your options, but not tell you what moveset to use. There are no boosting moves and no good defensive ones outside of Defense Curl, so I recommend offense again. For your Normal Type Move, You can get Body Slam from the S.S. Anne. Jigglypuff has very high HP, so feel free to consider Double Edge at Level 39. Sing is inaccurate, but you might want to use it. You can get Water Gun in Mt. Moon then replace it with Bubble Beam after you beat Misty. Thunderbolt is another early move which you get from Lt. Surge. When you get to the Celadon City Store, you can get Submission again, which uses Jigglypuff's higher Attack stat, if you want it up and Ice Beam from the girl on the roof and then you can go to Saffron City immediately after for Psychic. If you want to be defensive, you can also buy Double Team from the store, but I'll hate you for using that BS. When you get to Cinnabar Island, you can get the 90 Accuracy Blizzard from the Manson and Fire Blast from Blane. So yeah, lots of options. Just use what you think you need.
Also, if you have Stadium, try to get Surf immediately. It's a pain in the ass, but would make the solo run WAY easier.

Also, if you have Stadium, try to get Surf immediately. It's a pain in the ass, but would make the solo run WAY easier.
Thanks for the advice. I'm doing it on my Virtual Console, so I won't be able to get Surf on my Pikachu. I DO have Yellow and Stadium on their original systems at my parents' house, but I want to transfer my victorious Pokemon to Sun and Moon, then pump up their IVs through hyper training.

Now my next question is:

Would I be better off catching Jigglypuff in Blue Version outside Mt. Moon and soloing the game with her her from Misty on or should I solo with Pikachu on Yellow until I can catch her outside Saffron City?

Last edited:
If I exit from the PlayNav and get a new set of mirage spots, but they're not the ones I'm looking for, could I reset and try again for a new set of spots? Or do I have to keep checking back once every day until I find the islands I want?

If I exit from the PlayNav and get a new set of mirage spots, but they're not the ones I'm looking for, could I reset and try again for a new set of spots? Or do I have to keep checking back once every day until I find the islands I want?
In the beginning, you could soft reset for mirage spots, but I think it was fixed because I tried this for days looking for Crescent Island and the spots were the same at every reset.

I gave up and started just updating once a day til I got it.

With the upcoming Hyper Training in gen 7, does it mean that when soft resetting legends, we only have to look for its nature? That makes it a whole lot easier.

With the upcoming Hyper Training in gen 7, does it mean that when soft resetting legends, we only have to look for its nature? That makes it a whole lot easier.
Essentially, though we don't entirely know how it works - only that it can raise IVs. So if you're looking for some specific IVs - like, say, Hidden Power and 0 Attack/Speed IVs (for reduced foul play damage and trick room), you might still need to SR for those. Maybe not, we don't know enough yet.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
In a nuzlocke, can fainted Pokemon still be used for their field moves (HMs)?
I don't know the official answer, but because it's a fan made challenge, I'd say that's up to the player. I would use them only if the game made me.

In a nuzlocke, can fainted Pokemon still be used for their field moves (HMs)?
I don't know the official answer, but because it's a fan made challenge, I'd say that's up to the player. I would use them only if the game made me.
It depends on the rules you set for yourself. The more traditional Nuzlocke says no. Once a Pokémon faints, you consider it dead, and releases it. Also, as the idea is to make you feel closer to your Pokémon, walking around with a dead 'mon would be against the philosophy, as well as against the rules.

The only exception for this would be if you MUST use a HM that no Pokémon you have can learn, like Waterfall, for example. In this case, you are allowed to capture an extra Pokémon, teach it the HM, use it for whatever you need and then box it right away, without using it in a batte.

You can add extra rules, if you want. Some people allow to change team member with Pokémon in the PC, some people don't. Some use the item ban rule, meaning you can't use items, others use a rule that only allow you to use each Pokémon Center once, other says you can't use Pokémon Center at all, unless your PP is over.

I even saw once someone that said they had a rule that gave their starters a second life, meaning it could "die" once.

It's up to you to make up the rules, but if you want to follow the classical mode, then you can't keep using a mon as HM slave if it's dead.

Last edited:
Hi, I don't know how to calculate DVs.... Can someone help me figure out the best Jigglypuff for my solo RBY challenge?

Jigglypuff Lv 5: 27 HP/ 9 Attack/8 Defense/7 Speed/ 9 Special
Jigglypuff Lv 3: 20 HP/8 Attack/6 Defense/6 Speed/ 6 Special
Jigglypuff Lv 3: 20 HP/8 Attack/7 Defense/6 Speed/7 Special
Jigglypuff Lv 3 20 HP/8 Attack/6 Defense/ 6 Speed/ 7 Special
Jigglypuff Lv 5: 27 HP/10 Attack/7 Defense/ 7 Speed/ 8 Special
Jigglypuff Lv 5: 27 HP/10 Attack/7 Defense/7 Speed/ 8 Special
Jigglypuff Lv 5: 26 HP/10 Attack/7 Defense/ 8 Speed/ 8 Special

EDIT: Never mind: I was able to figure out that the third Jigglypuff had unusually good stats, then used the Daycare and stat exp calculations to determine that it has:

14 HP/10 Attack/15 Defense/10 Speed/14-15 Special. Very happy with it!

Last edited:
I am very new new to the competitive Pokemon scene. Could somebody with a ditto in their friend safari give me their friend code? I am really looking for high IV dittos in any wat possible. My friend code is 4356-2928-0838. Is thete any other way to get high IV pokemon thatn the friend safari? Thanks for all the help!

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
I am very new new to the competitive Pokemon scene. Could somebody with a ditto in their friend safari give me their friend code? I am really looking for high IV dittos in any wat possible. My friend code is 4356-2928-0838. Is thete any other way to get high IV pokemon thatn the friend safari? Thanks for all the help!
This request is more suited for the Wi-Fi sub-section; Orange Islands specializes in the traditional aspects of the games instead of their competitive nature. Click here for Dittos.

Also, welcome to Smogon

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)