NOC Paranoia Mafia Game Over - Mafia Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think Texas/Hawkie/Asek are town.
This makes me lean townier on rssp, unless he's in a scumteam with Asek I can't see him casually clearing three people especially when one has had a lot of controversy about them and one has had some question marks, especially when it corresponds to my own reads.

Which leads to the following questions:

- What does town!rssp mean about the rest of the player pool?
- What does a rssp/asek/?? scum team look like?

Not sure about the second question, that would need some serious isos and thought, wrt the first question I'd reckon it makes Walrein look a bit worse, doesn't really affect twin, makes om room look slightly worse (personal bias?), and keeps aubisio/former unchanged as looking badly to me

Asek

Banned deucer.
asek could you elaborate on why you think i'm scummier? not sure if theres anything else aside from me leading the lynch on dentricos
I disliked the post tagging OM room and me to vote for dentricos to avoid a 50/50 and i also disliked the post at the end concurring with my former hope and aubisio scum chase indication

If former hope or aubisio gets lynched today and flips scum tho your deffo in the town circle. But as that hasn't happened i can't trust you atm.

This makes me lean townier on rssp, unless he's in a scumteam with Asek I can't see him casually clearing three people especially when one has had a lot of controversy about them and one has had some question marks, especially when it corresponds to my own reads.

Which leads to the following questions:

- What does town!rssp mean about the rest of the player pool?
- What does a rssp/asek/?? scum team look like?

Not sure about the second question, that would need some serious isos and thought, wrt the first question I'd reckon it makes Walrein look a bit worse, doesn't really affect twin, makes om room look slightly worse (personal bias?), and keeps aubisio/former unchanged as looking badly to me
I hate to break it to ya texas but I also provide what I think about the rest of the playerlist like two lines after the one you quoted

I could see a situation where Aubisio was literally just that much of a noob town and the scum team was Former/Om Room/twin or walrein
Yeah it's possible I suppose. I feel like i'm going after Aubisio for the same reasons I went after haruno which is kinda worrisome tbh given that haruno flipped town

I disliked the post tagging OM room and me to vote for dentricos to avoid a 50/50 and i also disliked the post at the end concurring with my former hope and aubisio scum chase indication

If former hope or aubisio gets lynched today and flips scum tho your deffo in the town circle. But as that hasn't happened i can't trust you atm.
Fair enough, although I was 100% convinced dentricos was scum at the time and was fairly sure that texas was town so I really didnt want a tie to happen
why would fh/aubisio flipping scum put me in the town circle?
I was also scumreading fh/aubisio at the time (and still am) which is why I concurred there.
also, what are your thoughts on om room?

Texas Cloverleaf

is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I hate to break it to ya texas but I also provide what I think about the rest of the playerlist like two lines after the one you quoted

Yeah it's possible I suppose. I feel like i'm going after Aubisio for the same reasons I went after haruno which is kinda worrisome tbh given that haruno flipped town

Fair enough, although I was 100% convinced dentricos was scum at the time and was fairly sure that texas was town so I really didnt want a tie to happen
why would fh/aubisio flipping scum put me in the town circle?
I was also scumreading fh/aubisio at the time (and still am) which is why I concurred there.
also, what are your thoughts on om room?
Doesn't really matter what you think about the rest of the playerbase from that, it matters what you being town means about them in their interactions.

Had a couple thoughts and checked back through a couple posts, finding it curious that the thought I just had about a possible scumteam came back to a very similar possibility I though about on Tuesday here. This aubisio post scared me almost immediately, came off as super noob town which would make me more comfortable with that solve above

I dont understand what you mean but if it helps you find scum thats good I guess

Unlynch Aubisio, Lynch OM Room
these two are basically equivalent in my book and the more I think about it the less i'm comfortable with an Aubisio lynch (although that may just be me doubting my own scumreads more than anything else)

So anyway, ahoy there lads and lasses, my name is Borath but you can just call me Borath. I oscillate at regular intervals.

I must say that these are dark times we find ourselves in, dark times indeed, but with enough wit and moxie, with a touch of luck on the side, we can overcome. We must overcome! For the forces that conspire against us possess cowardice so vile it extends beyond the reaches of the mortal plane. Even in death they hide from us. Even in death they wait for victory.

But let me make myself clear: I do not respond well to cowards. As they slink and slunk and skirr about, shying from the glorious light of the sun (praise it), I know in my heart what I must do.

Not actually my heart of course, I gave up flesh and organs long ago to ascend into my full skeletal form. But the point is made. Somewhere in my chest cavity, a bright light shines forth. In its radiance I see what all brave combatants in this game of lies wishes to see:

I see victory, and I will claim it!

Join me, brothers, sisters, and others! Take up your steel, then cast it aside, for where we go weaponry is meaningless! Instead, unsheathe your pen. Then draw a horse. Ride this horse beside my own horse, and take your rightful place on the field of glory. We ride at dawn, the candles of our conquest burning brief yet burning bright. Follow me, friends. Follow me into the land of voting and deceit. Follow me into a world of chaos, with the pure clarity of truth fighting a battle most valorous to be seen, for it yearns for its own freedom. Follow me, those of you who follow the ways of Mafia, of Werewolf!

FOLLOW ME TO THE EDGE OF THIS BLIGHTED WORLD, UPON A TWISTED PATH PAVED IN SORROW AND ANGUISH! FOLLOW ME, FOR VICTORY LIES ON THE HORIZON!

That being said I've yet to read anything but the opening post, so gimme a few.

OH
When you jump to it
And you can't go through it
And you can't knock it down
You know that you've found
THE WALL
THE WALL
THE WALL
(NOTHING ON EARTH CAN MAKE IT FALL)

Hello fellow members of scum chat!

Oh woops I slipped...
I wouldn't doubt it.

If I still had eyes I'd be rubbing my corneas on you.

Vote Aubisio

His reaction just screams fake. As soon as someone reacted negatively about his "joke" he literally backed the fuck off. I think this "joke" post and a lot of his future ones are filler. He's trying to seem active but in reality all he's done is shitpost and shown he's more interested in how many kills the terrorists have rather than anything else.
Agree with the statements, not with the tone. A truly polarizing figure.

Hawkies post does seem a tiny bit bandwagoning, not sure if it's a scummy thing or just him trying to be active though.

Hawkie besides Aubisio, what other reads do you have thus far?

Also, personally I would like to see beta or Flynn post more otherwise I'd be down for lynching one of the more inactive people with this little to go on at this point
Nonsense. How can you call it a bandwagon when Hawkie is the second person on the wagon?

Good, good. Unless you're on a team with Aubisio.

I have a bold prediction: If you are scum, one and only one in Beta or Flynn is also scum.

I dont like how people are reacting to hawkies lynch, aubisio still is active without posting content while other people coming to his aid for little reason?

Lynch Abisio

Here's some more pressure ;)
I am now going to scumread this winky face.

Okay i'm here now.

Nothing jumps out at me yet really either way. Hawkie I hardly know a thing about playstyle wise, and Aubiso is usually like this from what i've read from other games, so idk what to make of either of them really :/

As for everyone else, not really enough yet to form reads. This game's hardly started yet, so I wasn't really expecting any different .-.
"Hey guys, I'm here, I'm active, don't scumread me. I have no reads, but I'm here, I swear to God I'm not scum, I'm here, look, I'm active, like a villager, you know, not scum, guys I'm here"

Beautiful.

I mean it's totally understandable that you scumread me
^ This is what cornered scum have to say when they can't muster a quality defense or lie to save themselves.

man there are only 4 pages but im already lazy
Lock town.

Damn ontop of village being screwed in NOC by default the terrorist have an extra wincon and the ending game early only serves to hinder village mfw. That's actually aids
This is factually accurate but ultimately worthless.

Personally, Hawkie is seeming kind of scummy for me with their devotion to lynching Aubisio.

I'm seeing both Blazade seems to be driving town discussion, reading as townier
Twin is being twin, I've only seen them as town but they're acting like I've seen them in really any other game right now.

Walrein seems like they should be town, but I'm also getting mild DLE vibes from the basic game so eh.
Interesting.

In about 12 hours, I want somebody to quote this or alert me or what have you and ask "Oi Borath, what did you find interesting?" and then I'm going to do some research.

Thanks in advance.

Hi I'm back from a legendary 4-16 dota 2 tilt spree featuring classics such as the dual mid and the no english speaking team

I want more from you fren :}

**Unlynch Aubisio, Lynch Haruno**

Scumlean on Former Hope, Thetwinmasters, and Texas Cloverleaf for pushing on Hawkie for a lynch that made perfect sense. Pushing somebody who has had strange behavior to get them do react is reasonable. I also found aubisio explaining reasoning for uling endgame was a bit scummy combined with the way he was acting for other posts.

Texas made a comment about how I'm being more quiet than last game when scum o.o

That leads me kinda bwing the blazade wallrein are towny mentality. I pushed blazade a bit earlier and got nowhere.

Townread Rssp1-Shubaka17. Shub's contributions and decisions were kinda towny and rssp1 did what town would do joining a game.

Null on Hawkie. Even though I agree with him all hes done so far is post two reads and get defensive.
:twoboneythumbsup:

This is a quality post.

I have no real reads at the moment but hawkie was convinced aubisios post was scummy. I also read aubisio as slightly scummy because of his posts in general. Hawkie going after him like that is also sketchy though.

We have no investigate roles this game so it's basically just educated guessing lol

Initially I only had a witty .gif in response to this. But then I thought long and hard about this mess of a post and I feel like sharing with the class.

Let's talk about your conditional statements regarding Hawkie and aubisio. I agree with the logic that they are, at the very least, not scum partners. What you put forth is reasonable.

The way you have phrased this case is... eccentric. You have no real reads, but you read aubisio as slightly scummy because of his posts. Would that not qualify as a read? Additionally, despite agreeing with Hawkie, you think it's sketchy for Hawkie to go after a scum lean? Is it sketchy to vote for someone you think is scum? Get outta town.

Now let's talk about the bolded. There are two ways to react to it: Reasonably, and like a maniac.

I opted for the latter.

Yes, Mafia or Werewolf or whatever you wish to call it is often described as an educated guessing game, but the tone here is off. Almost like you're reinforcing what we all know in order to validate your future false reads and discredit others' future correct reads.

Odorous vapors cascade from this post, a stench so pungent I can't escape or ignore it.

I will confirm there was thought put in on role assignments. I will confirm in post-game as to what that thought process is as if I were to go into it, I don't want to reveal anything that would influence votes as I think going down this logic would probably harm thought processes and quality of discussion as to "what would Snype pick?" rather than the questions I'm hoping to be: "who do we think is scum? / do we think that everyone alive is village?" I would make an attempt to balance where I can. I'll reveal thought processes in post-game but this is all I will reveal on it for now. Please save any discussion with me on format for the postgame as this is pretty experimental. You are welcome to discuss what you think the format might be amongst yourselves but I won't be providing much input on it.

I did however consult another player's thoughts on this playerbase since I'm not familiar with most of you as mafia players. He won't be subbing in.

In all fairness, what proof do you have that there are terrorists haruno?
Well given the host has specifically mentioned they put thought into who gets what role, one can make the logical leap.

Also, if a setup troll like that is common here I'm at a bit of a loss.

i think u need to understand that it makes 0 sense whatsoever for not one but TWO scum on DAY ONE to bandwagon someone this way?? and someone who so far has been absolutely useless to town??

let's say me + Dentricos are scum, why would we want Aubisio dead so badly that we'd risk outing ourselves/being lynched D1? Why would we want Aubisio dead so badly we'd risk drawing this much attention to ourselves? That'd be really stupid and i hope scum would play better than that. I think u reacted that way to my lynch because YOU seen an easy opening(then tried to say i lynched him because he was an easy target(LOL)) to give urself activity and seem pro-town by trying to present evidence against me when all i did was apply pressure on someone. Ur jumping up my scumlist in leaps and bounds.
Critical thinking skills ITT.

That post is oddly aggressive which really doesn't help the fact that quite a bit of town thinks your scummy. Anyhow, I care so much more right now in getting the quieter people to talk than I do about suspected scum trying to lynch me. Also Betathunder I saw you viewing the thread, please post or be lynched.
Tone here is off. The bolded seems passively threatening.

The last bit is blatantly threatening, and baseless at that.

ty for clarification

imo scum will nk(if they have one) blazade or walrein tonight out of fear so at least that'll be nice to prove they exist.
Nostradamus ITT.

I can't post reads yet because unlike usual, there's too many people whose current play is NAI with their meta, or i've never played with. My D1 reads are always meta/role claim based, and the latter doesn't apply to this game, so not knowing people's meta is a huge problem

Also activiy wise, it was just 5 hours guys, nothing new for me. Hell, tommorow i'm on a full day trip and won't be here until like 6:30-7:00pm est tommorow

How rapidly this bandwagon on me's forming is also kinda alarming. 3 votes already? O_O

If you want me to clarify my stance on given issues, ask. This has always been my policy. I ignore arguments unless specifically asked about them because they bog down the thread and are unpleasant to read
I should probably mention something.

I obviously have no meta on any of you, so I can't judge you based on meta. So there's bound to be a time when I say "This person is X because Y" and someone will respond with "No Borath, that person can't be X because meta".

And I won't care. I'd prefer to judge people for how they're playing this game, not how they've played other games.

With that out of the way, I'd like to say that 3 votes shouldn't be a cause for concern.

In fact, any number of votes short of say L-1 are cause for concern in my honest opinion. The more votes on me the better to be honest, it saves me the trouble of waiting for someone to die before analyzing their wagon. After all, I already know my alignment, so I can pull wagonomics off as long as there's a wagon on me.

Fearing votes is slightly scummy in my eyes. If I had eyes.

Fuck me -_-

Also forgot to Unvote Haruno. Will read through the thread more before my parents start bugging me to get to bed early -_-

Twin, Aubiso, and Haruno are the only ones this really applies to. Hence why I said "or I don't know their meta", which applies to Josh, Hawkie, Dent, Former, Beta, and Texas. Yes, combined this is over half the game. That's my problem.

With only 4 players I actually have meta things to say for... 2 are just acting towny to me, you and Blazade. It's just gut mostly. The other two are rssp and pancake. rssp is looking like town!rssp so far despite what little there is to go off of, and pancake is very much the same.

If I don't know someone's meta, saying "PlayerA seems weird" is pointless, because for all I know they could always be like that. Is this not why new player D1 lynches are avoided, they're more likely to slip or idle?
That being said, based on Flyhn's own strategy this post is fine.

ugh why did this go to 11 pages
whatever reading back now
I've only got 30 more to go. Chin up.

So, to start off. I think there are some in this game that are still playing this like a normal mafia game and haven't caught on yet to reading between the lines. This game is all about, much as the title says, paranoia. Between the lack of any PR's, the lack of information about how many times the scum can kill (limited vs unlimited) and hell, the intention inferring that there might not be any scum at all. This game is all about Town v Town and while it might be logical to assume there's a 'normal' amount of killers. It is obvious that the host is trying to get us paranoid, so while there might very well be 3 or so killers, there could easily be 2, 1 or even 0. In fact I could see very easily that this game's intention was to see how paranoid we would be around one another when there were no actual mafia and we all end up losing when we kill a certain number of ourselves.

Even so, there are normal conventions which get thrown out the window, for instance, I really doubt that the terrorists will kill tonight. Not only might they have limited shots, but for them to kill tonight means they prove they exist. However, should they not kill, it means we get to keep our better players such as Twin/Blaze/Walrein.

Anyhow, to that end I feel like Hawkie really either needs to change up their style of be lynched. Right now their style seems very very similar to Twins in the basic game, which was to find a target and aggressively see everything they do as scummy and ignore the evidence that would indicate otherwise. The Abuisio lynch for instance, Hawkie lynched and didn't listen to anyone who stated that Abuisio was just being Abuisio, in fact they tunneled that lynch hard until moving to me. Now I originally scumread Hawkie because of the excessive tunneling on Abuisio, however now with his excessive, aggressive tunneling on me I'm seeing it more as playstyle than any alignment indicator. However, in a game when it's all about paranoia and town v town, Hawkie's current playstyle is really the worst possible thing that town can have. So truly, as much as I'm null reading Hawkie's alignment right now, I think they either need to change their playstyle or be lynched before it can continue.
It's rare to see so much nothing stretched into so many words.

"Hey guys, here is stuff about the setup we should all know."

"I'm gonna set up that terrorists won't shoot tonight so I look better tomorrow, okay?"

"Hawkie is on the right track, we should quell this dissent before it grows unruly."

"That being said I'm certainly not going to vote them."

Add to that a case built around disagreements in playstyle, and you've got a weak post, write out of a cookbook.

Also, most games are about paranoia and Town v Town. Don't believe me? How often is the first vote on a mislynch also a townie?

The answer: Very often.

By definition there are way more townies than scum, so obviously town is going to argue with each other more than they argue with town. That is how math works.

This game is not special in that regard until late game, and this post was made Day 1. Get outta here.

You should be honored tbh
I dislike pancake a lot more now rereading his posts so for now Vote Pancake
Spoilers: I know pancake dies at the end of this phase.

This is the first pancake vote that jumped at me. If it doesn't move I'm calling it fate.

--------------------------------------------------------

Alright, those are my uncensored opinions on D1. Final conclusions and D2 analysis coming sometime tomorrow because it is 4:30 in the goddamn morning here in Skeletown and I'm not willing to bust my bones for this business.

Are you reading this knowing all the flips or no?
id complain that you only quoted the two posts where I talked about how lazy I was but that probably accurately describes me d1
the memes make the long post more readable funnily enough
by "if it doesnt move i'm calling it fate" (right at the end, what do you mean?)

Texas Cloverleaf

Thanks.

Is that all you have to say?
I was going to post this morning about how your post made my current vote on Former feel better but I realized that was a pretty useless and empty post and my current read on the situation hasn't materially changed since the last time I posted, though I'm expecting that may change by the time you finish going through the thread.

Also, "Oi Borath, what did you find interesting?"

I was going to post this morning about how your post made my current vote on Former feel better but I realized that was a pretty useless and empty post and my current read on the situation hasn't materially changed since the last time I posted, though I'm expecting that may change by the time you finish going through the thread.

Also, "Oi Borath, what did you find interesting?"
I'm glad you asked, though sadly my research was in vain.

Former has a nasty habit of hedging like a madman, something I noticed was particularly evident in the post I found interesting.

Sadly, upon doing some research, that is something he just does as a person (I know I said I don't care about meta, but this is pretty low-key so deal).

That being said it doesn't change my opinions on him in any way, I just don't have anything extra to throw at him.

With that taken care of, I'll read through Day 2 now. Might take a few breaks so don't expect it in a timely manner.

What do you mean by hedging
I was going to link you to the Hedging page on the MafiaScum Wiki but the site appears to be down at the moment.

Basically it's when people are wishy-washy and qualify all of their reads.

"But on the other hand", "I may be wrong", "Does anyone else think", etc.

Minor statements that make you seem less responsible for your reads. If you can sneak them by, they're an excellent tool in the scum arsenal.

But on the other hand, some people are simply wishy-washy by nature. It's not a guaranteed scum tell. From what I've gathered, Former Hope is one of these people. I may be wrong, but that is my interpretation. Does anyone else think it's NAI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)