Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

that is like the rarest thing ever if ur gonna do it at least breed it with a destiny knot for a baby shellos with 5 of those ivs pokerus is rare enough , in fact rarer than shiny if that means anything what is he trading u?
I wasn't really too Picky with what he gave me he told me I can choose from any of his shinies (which is like 2 boxes worth) But now im having second thoughts if I should trade it

Robb576

It's all in the numbers
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
When making a post with [ hide ] [ /hide ], how can you change the "show hide" section seen before expanding to something else? (For example, "Set #4")

When making a post with [ hide ] [ /hide ], how can you change the "show hide" section seen before expanding to something else? (For example, "Set #4")
If you want the tag to say set #4, you do [ hide = set #4 ] put words here [ /hide ]. This becomes
put words here

If you want the insides to say set #4, do [ hide ] set #4 [ /hide ], which becomes
set #4

Robb576

It's all in the numbers
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
If you want the tag to say set #4, you do [ hide = set #4 ] put words here [ /hide ]. This becomes
put words here

If you want the insides to say set #4, do [ hide ] set #4 [ /hide ], which becomes
set #4
Thank you for your answer! I don't know what to say further, so I'll keep it to 'have a nice day!'

Hi guys
I am looking for specific Pokemon Team Builder which:

- contains generation 1,2,3 pokemons
- shows images of chosen pokemons
- shows attack, special attack, defense, special defense, speed stats of chosen pokemons (very important, so I can compare which pokemon got stronger attack stat or smth like that)
- shows type weakness and strengths of chosen pokemon (very important)
- do not show pokemon moves (dont need stuff like that)

I am 100% sure that Pokemon Team Builder described above exist, because I used one, unfortunately for me I lost my google chrome bookmark and cant find the page with builder anymore.

The closest to builder I am looking for I found is:
https://richi3f.github.io/pokemon-team-planner/

But it lacks, type weaknesses, stats and its bugged (for example ice sandslash in generation 1 wtf!?)

Please help, thank you

Hey, just started playing yesterday. It's been real fun! Quick question though: On the Smogon site, Staraptor is listed as BL for SMUU, yet I saw a few while I was playing SMUU. Any explanation for this?

fanyfan

i once put 42 mcdonalds chicken nuggets in my anus
Hey, just started playing yesterday. It's been real fun! Quick question though: On the Smogon site, Staraptor is listed as BL for SMUU, yet I saw a few while I was playing SMUU. Any explanation for this?
Staraptor is currently being tested in UU to see if it'll be UU or BL at the end of the test.
Here is a link to the thread where they're discussing it.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/np-sumo-uu-stage-1-feels-like-we-only-go-backwards.3595341/

Have a nice day

Hi, I'm wondering how do you find the specific post numbers to directly link posts rather than the thread (I'm not talking about the post number on the bottom right corner of a post).

For example: http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...landorus-t-voting.3596033/page-3#post-7247140

how do I get the number "7247140" which would take me to the exact post? I'll clarify my question if necessary

thanks!
Click on the post number right next to the Like button.
To expand on this, clicking the grey number will give a popup display that will contain that.

I have a slight suggestion for the forums' display.

If you access a user's profile, there is a tab called 'Forum Presence'. If we check mine, for example, it states that I had made 7 posts in the Orange Islands forum and 7 in the Sun and Moon forum, at the time of posting this.

However, it is factual that the Sun and Moon forum is in fact a sub-forum of Orange Islands, which is its parent forum. In other words, if we look at forums like sets, I have actually made 14 posts in the Orange Islands, not 7.

So, my suggestion is, if this were to be possible to be executed, to change the display in something like; 14 posts in Orange Islands, out of which 7 are in Sun and Moon and 7 are in the main forum. Or simply have the current Sun and Moon display Sun and Moon (Orange Islands) instead, though the former suggestion would make the display more organized, in my humble opinion.

But yeah, it's just a minor suggestion at the end of the day, nothing overly serious. Thank you very much.

i have question how to been erase from blacklist in showdown when one room owner say no and other cant erase me?

ant

⭐️⭐️⭐️
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
i have question how to been erase from blacklist in showdown when one room owner say no and other cant erase me?
If your blacklist appeal is denied, there's nothing you can do. Just become a better user and reapply in the future.

but i watch 4 months i been good guys but room owner scyther no swimping hate me and dont like erase me and Sir Donovan cant erase me because scyther say no and i dont know for what i been in blacklist because i respect all showdown rules host tours rules have approved and i dont do bad thing on challonge or on showdown

churine

lunatic+
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Why are some of the numbers of QC checks different in other tiers
just curious
There's some factors behind this, mainly because of how frequent the QC team will check the analyses. VGC for example only does 2 rather than 3 partly cause of this. As for GP Checks, most of the analyses aren't full out paragraphs (for metagame stability reasons) so they'll be written in skeletons, which is why only 1 GP Check is needed. LC Analyses for example need 2 because they're fully written out.

And not to sound like a moderator but you should only post once, a second post is really unnecessary especially when its just two words neither of which are apart by even a day.

Why are some of the numbers of QC checks different in other tiers
just curious
It's all dependent on the CnC staff of each tier, they can set whatever number they want. There's not really any coordination between CnC sections.
The EV guides here (example: http://www.smogon.com/ingame/guides/ev_manual ) are missing lots of surfing and fishing information in the wild Pokemon EVs sections. I personally think surfing and fishing are very good ways to EV train. Who should I ask if I want that added?
That guide is from gen 4 and is long overdue for an update, whenever / ifever the acrticles section of CnC comes back.

Edit: unless you're referring to gen 4 EV training in which case, extremely unlikely. We'd focus on more recent generations first.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)