Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread (read the op before posting a thread)

Mawile shouldn't be that much of a threat of flame body moltres if moltres is at high health. Mawile can't stay in, anyway (Fire moves). Maybe try it out one last time.
Ty for the advise.I dont use that Moltress team anymore because it gets 6-0ed by mawile.By the way moltress is such a good check to a whole lot of mons in ou.

Mawile usually runs Thunderpunch, so it's not really in Moltres' best interests to switch in. Which means its only safe way of getting in would be to sacrifice something else, but by that point you should probably just run a better fire-type.

Mawile usually runs Thunderpunch, so it's not really in Moltres' best interests to switch in. Which means its only safe way of getting in would be to sacrifice something else, but by that point you should probably just run a better fire-type.
Well torkoal counters mawile

Well torkoal counters mawile
Torkoal isn't all that viable in OU anyhow. Probably the best viable mawile switchin is Heatran (but be careful of Focus Punch/Substitute variants). Other ways to deal with Mega Mawile is applying heavy offensive pressure on something that outspeeds Mawile (Lando-T comes to mind, as its Intimidate + Earthquake + Higher Speed than Mawile). Lando-T, offensive Heatran, and Dugtrio (sash intact) could work well.

Leo

after hours
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
Defensive Moltres is extremely niche but it can always switch into Mawile eat even a predicted thunder punch, roost to a reasonable amount of health and wisp it. Torkoal on the other hand is just bad lmao
252+ Atk Huge Power Mawile-Mega Thunder Punch vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Moltres: 238-282 (62.1 - 73.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Defensive Moltres is extremely niche but it can always switch into Mawile eat even a predicted thunder punch, roost to a reasonable amount of health and wisp it. Torkoal on the other hand is just bad lmao
252+ Atk Huge Power Mawile-Mega Thunder Punch vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Moltres: 238-282 (62.1 - 73.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Roosting would be pointless as with the amount Mawile deals out with T-punch; you'll just end up at lower HP or it'll switch out. Wisping on turn 1 would also be pointless because a lot of the time it'd kill you with a second T-punch anyway - or, again, switch out. I really think this is a case where you should just use a different Pokémon.

Roosting would be pointless as with the amount Mawile deals out with T-punch; you'll just end up at lower HP or it'll switch out. Wisping on turn 1 would also be pointless because a lot of the time it'd kill you with a second T-punch anyway - or, again, switch out. I really think this is a case where you should just use a different Pokémon.
Roost makes it neutral to t punch

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
On the subject of the ou sets link, where in my team builder do i paste it?
upload_2017-3-20_13-32-13.png
upload_2017-3-20_13-33-6.png

upload_2017-3-20_13-34-24.png
The lack of teams is 'cause I used a private window to get the screenshots. It should automatically create a folder for the sets, giving you easy access to them.

question: I had this battle in the smogon tour yesterday http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7ou-259932. At turn 34 I send Alomomola against Mamoswine and my opponent clicks earthquake: the first earthquake did 33%, the second did 36%, the third 45% and the fourth 58%. Im probably missing something because I can't understand how this happened. Is it a new gen7 mechanic?
That mamoswine was probably holding Metronome

Has anyone tried out Silvally in OU yet? I really like him and I'm wondering if anyone has a cool set I could try out
Unfortunately, Silvally is unviable in SM OU (bad movepool/stats).

If you really like it and want to build around, try this moveset :

Silvally @ Choice Band
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Crunch
- Parting Shot
- Explosion

Has anyone tried out Silvally in OU yet? I really like him and I'm wondering if anyone has a cool set I could try out
Lack of recovery, lack of priority, no EQ, too less Speed, memories don't giving boosts...
Silvally is ouclassed in all its offensive and defensive sets. It's more viable in UU/RU as a support or Parting Shot niche.

What happened to Starmie? It's been OU for years, but now people are writing it off as crap. I get that power creep is a thing, but going from having a franchise-long OU streak to being written off as crap seems like the result of more than just simple power creep. What changed that caused Starmie's OU streak to come to a screeching halt?

What happened to Starmie? It's been OU for years, but now people are writing it off as crap. I get that power creep is a thing, but going from having a franchise-long OU streak to being written off as crap seems like the result of more than just simple power creep. What changed that caused Starmie's OU streak to come to a screeching halt?
Starmie is now outclassed by bulkier water-types mons such as tapu fini and its psychic typing leaves it vulnerable to common moves such as pursuit and p-turn. It was a pretty good mon last gen but its speed isn't that good in the fast and offensive meta we're in.

The addition of new threats, as well as the return of old ones, have seriously hindered Starmie's viability. Pheromosa, Tapu Koko, Greninja, Hoopa-Unbound, etc. murder Starmie and all outspeed it (bar Hoopa, but it eats any hit and can run scarf). Several other meta trends have made it weaker as well. Its speed is a good selling point but it's not anything incredible, its offensive capabilities are decent at best, and its defensive utility has fallen dramatically.

Why isn't Landorus T being suspected? Look at his freaking usage by top players: http://www.smogon.com/stats/2017-02/gen7ou-1825.txt

It's about double Pheramosa's! It's more than 3rd and 4th combined lol.
Because whether or not something is banworthy does not depend on usage. If Pheromosa dropped to 1.2% usage - a scary thought, considering it'd be allowed in UU for a bit - that would change absolutely nothing in regards to the decision on whether or not it should be banned.

I know this is likely not your main argument for why Landorus-T should be suspected given how metagame-dominating it is and how much of a good Pokémon it is, but it is the only argument you presented.

Xerneas and P-Don are not suspect in Ubers...
While Lando-T dominates the metagame, it's not broken, doesn't pressure teambuilding and regulate some playstyles. It's not the case for Pheromosa.

Xayah

San Bwanna
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Xerneas and P-Don are not suspect in Ubers...
While Lando-T dominates the metagame, it's not broken, doesn't pressure teambuilding and regulate some playstyles. It's not the case for Pheromosa.
Ubers is a weird case. PDon would 100% be suspected in any other tier, but Ubers doesn't suspect things (except Mega Ray cause that was retarded) due to its nature as a tier. After all, Ubers is not technically an actual tier, it's a banlist, just like the BLs. Ubers just happens to be big enough to be played. I'm not necessarily saying Lando-T should or shouldn't be suspected/banned, but the comparison to Ubers is unfair.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)