Zarel
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Feel free to use the PS news updates to showcase the sprite project, maybe there are spriters on PS that would be interested :D
    Zarel
    Zarel
    Zarel
    Zarel
    Is that okay with you?
    Layell
    Layell
    Well the sprite project getting PS notice will happen eventually and I think I can handle it, so long as maybe they are told I'm looking for experienced spriters and to help on smogon rather than the PS forum.
    Hey man I have a question for you.. How are you so freaking good my friend tried to hack PS and he ended up having his comp crash! is it true you have some sort of anti malware code on PS?
    Zarel
    Zarel
    Your friend's just a bad hacker. PS has plenty of anti-hacking things, but it's not really possible to "retaliate" normally.
    I want more people to whine about slight problems on PS just so I can make fun of their absolutely minor and stupid complaints, other than that, good work on PS so far, I am having some coding problems recently, but hey, what do you expect, it's Oiawesome after all, the most clueless coder alive
    Hi, I've been receiving the following message since the introduction of the No SR OU tier, "Your IP is on our abuse list and is permanently banned. If you are using a proxy, stop."...

Needless to say, I don't use a proxy server nor am I a spammer. However, I'm using a shared IP which can't be helped, and could be misidentified.

I've had no response from the technical support thread.
    Zarel
    Zarel
    Yes, it was.
    Xboy
    Xboy
    How come I wasn't warned/muted or banned before? Is there any way I can fix this problem without getting a different internet connection?
    Zarel
    Zarel
    Well, because it wasn't you, it was someone else using your IP. That's why it says "your IP" and not "you". And sorry, there's currently no way around it. :(
    is your name ZarelSL on deviantART?
    Regime
    Regime
    cause all evidence points to yes...
    Zarel
    Zarel
    Yes.
    Regime
    Regime
    haha cool. i saw you were looking at our page. :p
    Is PS open source? And, if so, am I allowed to right a mod, not to post on the sight or anything, but for me and my friends to play?
    Zarel
    Zarel
    Yes, but you'll need your own server. Source is at github.com/Zarel/Pokemon-Showdown
    starwarsfan
    starwarsfan
    Ok cool.
    YO
    MANE
    I WANT TO DO AN ASSIGNMENT ON YOU. Is there a PM option or something?
    Zarel
    Zarel
    ...?
    Torrk
    Sorry I really outlined that out badly. Any other way to contact you so I can discuss it with you? Just for a Q and A kinda thing
    i dont know if this is difficult to interpret, and i know its a small detail, but is there anyway that a Gastrodon East Sea can be interpreted into the coding of Gastrodon, as the other Gastrdon is really...boring. Thnx.
    Zarel
    Zarel
    Um, the only difference is the color. :| Gastrodon-East is planned, but it seriously isn't very high priority.
    Regime
    Regime
    Yeh, hahaha, I understand lol. Just wondering. sorry to take your time
    is there any way i can help the site
    Regime
    Regime
    hmm. why dont we take this to a converstaion, insted of spamming in Zarel's log...
    DGX
    DGX
    my wii doesn't support the software so i cant post on the forums :(
    DGX
    DGX
    we can go to my profile
    any way like i pmed you i think ps should be back at inteernet explore this would be alot to me
    Zarel
    Zarel
    PS requires IE9 or newer. Your version of IE is too old.
    Dear Zarel.
    I know you plan to delete the Arts and Crafts room, but I would like a second chance. I would like to promo more mods to Room Owner so they can ban etc.
    And who and what complaints...

Agous
    Zarel
    Zarel
    I don't know anything about the arts and crafts room. Maybe other admins are planning to, but either way I'm not the right person to ask about that.
    Regime
    Regime
    oh my gosh im so sorry. I was on another server, and some admin impersonated you... Im really ssorry. ill find out who did it, so ya can deal with them
    Hi,
    I was wondering how the next generations pokemon are going to be implemented on PS due to 3D models ingame and the lack of sprites. (Will custom sprites be made?)
    Zarel
    Zarel
    We will probably make custom sprites.
    Zarel!!! Thank you for Showdown!
    RoyalBlue
    RoyalBlue
    And I was just wondering, is Showdown going to be around for gen 6?
    Zarel
    Zarel
    Yeah, it will!
    RoyalBlue
    RoyalBlue
    Cool, thanks again for all your hard work!
    Where did you get the idea of asynchronously updating player ratings? Under Glicko, shouldn't they be updated all at once? Just wondering if that's leading to any artifacts in the ladder (tho ladder seems fine to me)
    Antar
    Antar
    How did you set c (as in, what value did you choose, and why did you choose it)? I'm wondering if we could remove the need for time dilation simply by making rating periods really short (like, an hour) and setting c to be very low.
    Zarel
    Zarel
    I googled a bit and found posts saying that 15 battles is the upper bound for the number of battles expected during a single rating period.
    Zarel
    Zarel
    Glicko2 is designed so an active player will play around 8 battles per rating period; I think having 1-hour rating periods would just cause way too many other problems.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…