alexwolf
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Theorymon suggest:No Guard Typhlosion-With the ability No Guard, it can use Inferno, making it very hard to switch into and no-miss Foc.B is sweet. Eruption isn't directly affected but now you can't just send in your Fire resist (i.e. Azu, Gyara, Terrak etc. all fear a burn) , but bulky Fire types that can shrug off Focus Blasts and Eruption can still wall it and low acc. moves have low pp.
    Isa Simple
    Isa Simple
    Was thinking about this and realised that no guard is a double edged sword in that stone edge will never miss you. However a stone edge user generally can't switch into inferno as even though rock may resist that burn is crippling. So all in all this would be pretty neat.
    Mahmudkipz
    Mahmudkipz
    Actually now that I think about it.. Not that Rock types appreciate a Focus Blast... But burning Azu and Gyara on the switch is nice
    can I nominate someone for VR access if I see that they've made a good post or w/e? Like, I was reading the irrelevant viability ranking thread and I found a post on about 10 pokemon that I entirely agree with.
    alexwolf
    alexwolf
    As far as i know no, but to be 100% sure ask Haunter.
    For the OU theorymon project, do you think Banette could be given Baton Pass? With it, it would be able to priority BP with priority boosting moves, namely CM and Cotton Guard. It would let Banette use prankster really well, and make it great for supporting/setting up for its teammates. For the last slot it could run taunt to prevent phazing/boosting/status or substitute because BPing subs is always nice. Thanks
    Some more ideas:
    Swift Swim Feraligatr
    Dark Aura Mega Houndoom
    Mega Launcher Lucario

Also, are there plans to revisit any of the really old ones like Aerilate Tornadus and Gale Wings Articuno?
    I was thinking about, for a Theorymon, what about a Magic Guard Meganium? Sort of like Leaf Guard, but better.
    It wouldn't make a huge splash on OU, but dodging residual damage from burn, poison, and hazards with a good support movepool (Synthesis + Dual Screens + Leech Seed) would allow it to switch in on things like Rotom over and over.
    tbone51
    Magic Guard fits for Mega Meganium! Also they need to add in Fairy type with it. Imagine how good it would be with that 100BS boost! Meganium is one of my favorite starters, such a shame its probably on the bottom list (in use+popularity) amoung the starters.

If it were me, mega meganium would be...

Grass/Fairy (Regenerator or Magic Guard)
    HP80 Atk102 Def120 SpAtk113 SpDef130 Spe80

OU right here :)
    Heliolisk / Protean

It gets camouflage as its move so it fits imo.

Its stats are very similar to that of greninja. Less speed (BS of 109 vs 122), but a little higher Sp Atk (BS of 109 vs 103). Also even though its terrible with HP+Def it has an ok Sp Def of 94.

would take out the useless Normal typing.
    Moves: Surf/V-Switch/TBolt/Thunder/GrassKnot/Dark Pulse/Focus Blast
    Heck even Dragon= Dragon Tail :p
    tbone51
    Sawsbuck/Protean
    HP80 Atk100 Def70 SpAtk60 SpDef70 Spe95

Yeah, not the best stats, but imo would make this nobody into somebody. (It has Camouflage as well for your "makes sense" Flavor)
    Give it a Choice Scarf(or Choice Band) and let it run!

Notable Moves:
    Bug= Megahorn(180) with resistance to both Ground+Fighting!
    tbone51
    Grass= Horn Leech for recovery/Leech Seed
    Normal= Return
    Fighting= Jump Kick(150)
    Elect: Wild Charge(135)/T-Wave
    Flying: Bounce

Natural Gift for that one time hit of any move with a BP of 135 (or 150 for Fire/Water)
    Shouldn't the regular OU Viability Rankings be updated according to post #40 in the Victory Road version?
    alexwolf
    alexwolf
    Yeah, will do it soon, thanks for telling me.
    How about fur coat pangoro? it is furry and it is actually wearing a coat! this would make it a damn good physical pivot with parting shot. Although I'm worried if that makes it too bulky since it would be bulkier than avalugg, but it gets no recovery so I guess that's fine
    Since Moltres is C and tends to find a niche on rain teams, what if it got Scald? Thematically, that water is hot as hell, and from a gameplay perspective, there's not much that enjoys a water/fire/flying attack combo as only water/electric resists all 3.
    Given that Raikou will be above B- when he comes into the viability rankings, Drizzle Thunderous-T is C- and follows the same sort of flavor, (where there is lightning there is a storm, where there is a storm there is rain). Also Tornadus-I doesn't seem to be on the ranking list so if that is below B- then that would trade Thunder for Hurricane and Volt Switch for U-turn. Tornadus-I causes a rain storm in pokemon B/W
    Isa Simple
    Isa Simple
    I know these would be really strong but they will need to be in order to compete with the other weather starters of the tier. Mega Zard Y and Mega TTar are S and A+ rank and for good reason.
    Ok, This is an idea. Its kinda not OT, but here i go(Dont get mad!). Rotom is a pokemon that takes over home appliances/etc right? What if Gamefreak later introduces more if them? Not awhole lot like when they came out in platinum, but just maybe 1 or 2?

We already know that it would have levitate ( duh :p ), so the question is what rotom would it be and type/new move?
    tbone51
    My Suggestions if you're interested!

1. Trash Rotom: Obvious Tin Garbage Can. This could give it the Elect/Steel or Elect/Poison Typing.

That right there is great typing especially considering that its x4 Ground weakness is now an immunity!

If it were ___ the move would be imo

Elect/Steel: Flash Cannon
    Elect/Poison: Sludge Bomb/Sludge Wave
    tbone51
    2. Vacuum Rotom: This isnt as good as above but maybe Elect/Ground Typing. The move would be Earth Power.

If by any chance you dont like these ideas then maybe have the existing Fan Rotom move changed to Hurricane instead. Would work great on Rain Teams
    If it hasent been done yet i would like to do a Mega Manectric OU analyse text if u can about it
    alexwolf
    alexwolf
    Send me the OP and i will let you know if you can post it.
    Would Metagross with Trace be an idea? It'll be a nasty check for Azumarill and Mega Mawile. Could also check Heatran without Earth Power.
    Did you know Meowstic could be one of the greatest avengers in the meta? All he needs is one move: Topsy Turvy. With Prankster, Male Meowstic comes in on boosted sweepers and, with 104 speed priority Topsy Turvy, neuters the vast majority of them.
    JayHankEdLyon
    JayHankEdLyon
    Research is showing that Topsy Turvy doesn't work against Substitute though. Too bad. Oh, except both Meowstics have Infiltrator, meaning if you for some reason really fear substitute boosters, Sash Meowstic can still hit em.
    JayHankEdLyon
    JayHankEdLyon
    What I especially love is that Meowstic is weak to Pursuit and frail as hell, so while its niche works tremendously, it still takes some strategy to use; can't afford to just switch the cat in and out at will.
    While this one does not directly fit flavor wise, it does not contradict so I'm going to throw in poison/electric weezing aka "project rotom-poison" for the ou theorymon suggestion
    alexwolf
    alexwolf
    Poison / Electric Weezing would be pretty fucking sweet and i have thought about this in the past too, but it makes zero sense flavor-wise, so idk.
    escarlata
    escarlata
    OK, I've got something though not too convincing, but makes a bit of sense. Weezing is based of air pollution according to Bulbapedia. The haze/smoke particles from Weezing is charged, so it can interact with similarly charged air molecules to generate electricity. Well, tbh it is still a bit Farfetch'd. I guess Weezing can be part electric the same way it learns Thunderbolt?
    Reiga
    Reiga
    I always thought of Poison/Fire for Weezing, more resistances
    and STAB Fire Blast, and flavor-wise since Weezing leeks out explosive gas and can use fire type moves, maybe that's why it explodes?
    Prankster Mr. Mime?

Plenty of status moves to use it with (include BPing, Taunting, Trick, Dual Screens, Healing Wish), and it seems fairly in-character as well.
    alexwolf
    alexwolf
    Thx, will keep it in mind.
    Durant / Magnet Bomb

Choice Banded+Hustle would make his Atk stat a whopping 783 with 90BP Steel Non Missing Move!

Hustle helps out with Faint Atk (ex: Aegislash) and aerial ace for 100% accuracy!

Just its X Scissor would be 80%
    alexwolf
    alexwolf
    Durant prefers high powered moves such as X-Scissor and Iron Head even with the lowered accuracy, as Durant's power is the reason why it's viable in the first place. So, i am afraid i will have to pass on this one, but thx anyway!
    tbone51
    Yeah, i figured lol! Thankz though, keep up the good work. If i come up with anything i'll let you know!
    Hey, alexwolf, can I start a Next Best Thing for OU? It'll be just like last gen & I can just copy the OP from the other version, I guess.
    How about Drought Florges? Finally, a defensive Drought 'mon that is also not weak to Stealth Rock! Now Florges can use that random Solarbeam, together with Moonblast and Psychic to smack stuff around, or bring something else in
    abenx
    abenx
    meh, close enough :P
    abenx
    abenx
    It learns Sunny Day anyway, plus from Floette's Dex entry: "cares for flowers that are starting to wilt", so I guess that means the Florges line has some sort of anti wilting properties
    abenx
    abenx
    so if Florges has life-giving abilities, then bring on the sunlight! Drought would be great for it
    Arena Trap Flygon. Beyond trapping and killing ONE thing like Dugtrio can, it can also Defog (and not risk Defiant switch-in,) and with roost it can trap and kill multiple things in a match- potentially. It still has pretty meh stats, as well as 4MSS if you want to fit in Defog+Roost. Arena Trap doesn't work on flyers, either. Arena Trap would give it a useful niche, but not make it broken.
    Sergeant Spooky
    Sergeant Spooky
    As for the flavor, its first stage evo gets Arena Trap.
    Hey there, I was wondering if we could try steel/fairy jirachi or grass fairy celebi? I understand there is a preference in catering to defensive Pokemon and these two would really get a new lease of life with a retyping. Personally I think this would be better than doing water/fairy Milotic.
    alexwolf
    alexwolf
    Yeah, i have those in mind, and i may slate them in the future.
    Sorry to flood but at the bottom of your wall I posted lots of theorymon suggestions, I'm not sure if you missed it or something but I'd just like some feed back plz :)
    alexwolf
    alexwolf
    Regardless if i answer to your suggestions or not, i am considering all of them so dw. Anyway, when Raikou gets ranked it will be higher than C+, so it can't get a theorymon.
    Isa Simple
    Isa Simple
    Ok, ty for letting me know that but I was referring to my post that has jumped to the 2nd page now just under all of YO MAMA's posts. I just wanted to know if the Darmanitan idea is actually legal in theorymons and if the Abomasnow would work.
    For theorymon, here are my ideas:
    1.Water Shuriken Cloyster. Fits perfectly flavour-wise. This would help it against things like talonflame, heatran, etc.
    2.Sheer Force Mew. This is my preferred suggestion, for obvious reasons. It kind of fits flavor-wise because mew was the original pokemon, so it's probably ancient and powerful. However, Mew is B-ranked already, so it might not get accepted.
    Yoshuriken
    Yoshuriken
    Water Shuriken Cloyster! I love it! That is a really awesome idea, both flavor-wise and competitively. It may be too good, however, with Shuriken's priority...
    This might be too similar to Parting Shot Scrafty, but I feel like giving Parting Shot to Krookodile might fully make it a serious alternative to Landorus-T.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…