CAP 6 CAP 6 - Stat Spread Discussion / Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a set I made that can be tweaked depending on the final biases and stat cap

107/100/80/70/100/78 Total:535
Physical Sweepiness: 131, Moderately Good
Physical Tankiness: 125, Moderately Good
Special Sweepiness: 95, Average
Special Tankiness: 151, Very Good
Off/Def Balance: -8.3, Slight Bias Towards Def
Phys/Spc Balance: 7.1, Slight Bias Towards Phys
Overall Rating: 345, Very Good

Ok, the basic idea here was to keep with the original purpose which was to check the majority of the top 5. In addition to this I wanted to make sure it wasn't overpowered, or it would just become the overcentralization we're trying to avoid. Lastly, I wanted to give this the ability to be very versatile in what it could do.

Defensively, it has to potential to take hits from both sides of the spectrum. However, since 7 out of the top 10 primarily attack on the special side, it was important to make it more specially bulky than physically. The given stats enable it to take repeated hits from Strategem, Heatran, and Syclant.
With SpDef investment, it can prevent a Strategem from a 2HKO with Giga Drain. Simply because of it's typing it will wall Heatran and Syclant well. As far as Zapdos is concerned, it will be able to withstand a 252SpAtt Modest Life Orb Zapdos Thunderbolt if it is forced to. Despite walling the three top special sweepers in Strategem, Syclant, and Heatran, other special attackers such as Life Orb Azelf and Alakazam can score 2HKOs with Psychic. On the physical side, it will only be 3HKOed by CB Ttar's Stone Edge and Crunch. Scizor's Superpower won't even 2HKO unless it's banded. Since it mostly utilizes its fantastic typing to wall these physical sweepers, it can be easily broken by other physical attackers that currently aren't as common in the current metagame. Also, since all of my SpDef calculations were with 252 Spdef evs and a boosting nature, it would either have to sacrifice special bulkiness or it will be easily defeated physical threats.

Offensively, 100 attack gives it the ability to hit it's intended targets quite hard. It can OHKO Strategem and Ttar with it's STAB attacks, even without any Att EVs. It also leave large dents in Fidget, Syclant, Heatran, and Blissey. 70 SpAtt gives it the ability to at least do something on the Special side, much as CB Pyroak can do some damage on the physical side. This is different from just lowering it to unusable levels simply in order to raise other stats within the stat cap.

The Speed stat is key to the entire spread. 78 base speed is mainly to outspeed Heatran, but it also can outspeed Jolly Tyranitar without a +Speed nature. The reason I think the speed stat should be at most 78 is because it allows base 80s to get the jump on our pokemon. Since the main goal of this is to be a decentralizer, I think this is essential to enabling other pokemon to shine. No pokemon in the top 10 have a speed stat between 77 and 100, so we are accomplishing much of our goal without adding a minimum 23 extra speed points just to outspeed Zapdos, which you aren't going to beat anyway due to the typing.

That's about it except for one thing. The reason I never mentioned Revenankh in this is because I honestly think that in order to break Rev with this typing you would have to severely overpower this pokemon, creating an even worse problem than what you started with. In the interest of keeping this pokemon in line with it's original purpose I decided it would be best to forego destroying Rev. Even though it is thread jumping, I think the way to counter Rev is with the Unaware ability.

Thanks, and if you want me to post my damage calculations I will tomorrow, but for now I'm going to sleep. Thank you.

I was thinking more along the line of Bluecaptain, this will probabley be a little to good for everyone but

155/85/70/105/88/62=565
Physical Sweepiness: 102 Rank 0 : Average
Physical Tankiness: 143 Rank 3: Good
Special Sweepiness: 122 Rank 2: Moderatley Good
Special Tankiness 172 Rank 5: Extremely Good
Offense/Defense Balance: -18.8 Moderate Bias to Defense
Physical/Special Balance: -19.9 Moderate Bias To Special
Overall Rating: 464 Excellent

62 speeds allows is to Outspeed Tryannitar. Physical and Special stats can be switched around but I figured it was better for the Metagame special, but thats just my personal opinion.

Actually if you switch Atk and Special Atk you get a -0.5 bias: No Bias
That would be 155/105/70/85/88/62

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Why are all these Stat Spreads so slow? It's much easier to check something if they don't get two hits on you before you can touch them.
Because the Top 10 are either a) ridiculously fast (Statagem, Scarftran) to the point they require priority moves, or are middling, hovering between 61 and 65.

Unless your target speed is the lost cause of Zapdos' 100 Spe, 70-85 allows breathing room for defenses while still beating Scizor, Revenankh, and Tyranitar.

Because the Top 10 are either a) ridiculously fast (Statagem, Scarftran) to the point they require priority moves, or are middling, hovering between 61 and 65.

Unless your target speed is the lost cause of Zapdos' 100 Spe, 70-85 allows breathing room for defenses while still beating Scizor, Revenankh, and Tyranitar.
I bring Fidgit to my defense as being faster than 100 (granted my spread only ties it, but shush). And I wouldn't say Zapdos is a lost cause, because with Stone Edge/Blizzard you can take it down after it kills something/if you switch in on Heat Wave or HP Grass. I also like being faster than Salamence Gyarados (not top 10, but still very potent). And some Heatran still don't run Scarf. I don't know about you, but I find taking one less hit to be more important than taking slightly less from two other hits.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
150/80/75/80/75/105 BST=565
Physical Sweepiness: 131 Moderately Good (2)
Physcial Tankiness: 140 Good (3)
Special Sweepiness: 123 Moderately Good (2)
Special Tankiness: 140 Good (3)
Offense/Defense Balance: -3.7 No Bias
Physical/Special Balance: 3.3 No Bias
Overall Rating: 409 Very Good

Heres my spread, what do you think?

BST = 550
Style Balance = Between -20 to 0 (Defensive)
And since moderately Physical is winning on the poll, this is made to that. Final Submission.

I was thinking more along the line of Bluecaptain, this will probabley be a little to good for everyone but

155/85/70/105/88/62=565
Physical Sweepiness: 102 Rank 0 : Average
Physical Tankiness: 143 Rank 3: Good
Special Sweepiness: 122 Rank 2: Moderatley Good
Special Tankiness 172 Rank 5: Extremely Good
Offense/Defense Balance: -18.8 Moderate Bias to Defense
Physical/Special Balance: -19.9 Moderate Bias To Special
Overall Rating: 464 Excellent

62 speeds allows is to Outspeed Tryannitar. Physical and Special stats can be switched around but I figured it was better for the Metagame special, but thats just my personal opinion.

Actually if you switch Atk and Special Atk you get a -0.5 bias: No Bias
That would be 155/105/70/85/88/62
Most of the top 5 resist special attacks, physical works much better. I would add much more defense, something like 90 or 95 would work better.

Kind of what I'm gonna work on. I wanted something that could hit very hard from the physical side as Water and Fighting are both fantastic and I was a bit disappointed to see a lack of that from most of the spreads. I'm going to play with numbers a bit but something like this probably is what I'd aim for. 120 attack doesnt seem too over the top. Maybe toned down? I'll update it when I crunch numbers on attacks and such.

Besides my spread, I also like Mr. Goodbar's a lot, and Time Mage's if he increases the SpA slightly.
I actually plan on lowering it... It probably won't end up as popular because of that, but I want it to only have one option of attack. Special defense will be higher to compensate, so it still will be moderately physical.

I'll post it later, when I can make some damage calcs to accompany it.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Now that I think about it, my spread is so similar to Mr. Goodbar's that I might drop my spread, or change it a bit so that it's not as similar as his.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Yeah, I've decided to not submit a stat spread this time, and just vote for the one I like. I'm seeing quite a few people having stat spreads that I like, so it's useless to create a stat spread myself that ends up being similar to theirs.

Probably most people won't vote for your 520 overall rating, 590 BST stat spread. Just a friendly suggestion.
Agreeable, as it almost reaches the total base stat of a semi-legendary, 520 rating would be (mind I use that word...) ridiculously high.

For anyone who likes my spread, I was considering raising the speed to base 93, so an offensive version could serve as a better check to Lucario (whose boosted x-speed does 71-84%) and mamoswine, outspeeding both +speed versions (outspeeds +mamo with neutral nature). I'd probably take a point each out of defense, spatk, and spdef, or 1 from def and 2 from spatk or spdef, so a quick opinion would be nice :S

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

HP: 130
Atk: 100
Def: 75
SpA: 78
SpD: 85
Spe: 87

BST: 555

-----

Ok, here are some damage calculations for this pokemon against the threats it will most likely be facing. I've used EV spreads heavily enforcing its defenses but not its HP, as with such a high base HP investment in the defenses is a lot more effective.

I'm theorising that CAP 6 will want to be faster than Adamant Tyranitar (66 EVs neutral nature), or maybe Jolly Tyranitar (neutral nature 152 EVs). This leaves it with 252 EVs to go in a defensive stat and 104 EVs (if it outruns Jolly) to go into HP.

Little tidbit of interest - with 252 Spe EVs and a +ve nature, CAP6 hits 300 speed, outrunning Adamant Salamence / Modest Zapdos by one point.

-----

CAP 6 vs Stratagem

Timid Stratagem LO Paleo Wave vs Careful 104/252 CAP6: 16.2 - 19.0%
Timid Stratagem LO Tech Ancientpower vs Careful 104/252 CAP6: 16.9 - 19.9%
Timid Stratagem LO Earth Power vs Careful 104/252 CAP6: 22.5 - 26.7%
Timid Stratagem LO Energy Ball vs Careful 104/252 CAP6: 40.3 - 47.8%
Timid Stratagem LO Tech Giga Drain vs Careful 104/252 CAP6: 45.0 - 53.4%

0 Atk Careful CAP6 Cross Chop vs 4HP Stratagem: 99.6 - 117.8%
0 SpA Sassy CAP6 Hydro Pump vs 4HP Stratagem: 89.7 - 106.5%
0 SpA Sassy CAP6 Hydro Pump vs 4HP Stratagem (in sand): 59.8 - 71.0%

-----

Basically, if EVed right, this CAP6 can switch into almost all of Stratagem's attacks and OHKO it back with Cross Chop. To make it a more reliable counter, CAP6's speed can be foregone and its HP further boosted to ensure that it is never 2HKOed by a Tech Giga Drain, even in the sand. As it is now, Stratagem must role max damage twice (3.9% chance) to 2HKO this spread with Leftovers.

-----

CAP6 vs Revenankh

(taken with the assumption that Revenankh is using 0 Atk Bulk Up set and CAP6 has Unaware)

Revenankh Hammer Arm vs Impish 104/252 CAP6: 22.7 - 26.9%
Revenankh Shadow Sneak vs Impish 104/252 CAP6: 9.4 - 11.2%

0 Atk Impish CAP6 Waterfall vs 252/120 Careful Revenankh: 21.9 - 25.8%
0 SpA Careful CAP6 Surf vs 252/136 Careful Revenankh: 16.4 - 19.5%
0 SpA Careful CAP6 Hydro Pump vs 252/136 Careful Revenankh: 20.3 - 24.2%

-----

Although these might not look too impressive by themselves, note that they do about equal damage, and if CAP6 has Unaware (if it gets it, although it is a strong contender) Revenankh's bulk ups become useless. However, CAP6 can still Bulk Up (if it gets it) in Revenankh's face, and after a Bulk Up its Waterfall is a 3HKO on Revenankh, whereas Revenankh's Hammer Arm becomes a 6HKO. This is not taking Leftovers into account on CAP6's behalf, Waterfall's 20% flinch rate or Hammer Arm's imperfect accuracy. All in all this match up is definitely in CAP6's favour if it gets Unaware.

-----

CAP6 vs Tyranitar

CB Tyranitar Stone Edge vs Impish 104/252 CAP6: 27.6 - 32.8%
CB Tyranitar Crunch vs Impish 104/252 CAP6: 22.2 - 26.2%
CB Tyranitar Earthquake vs Impish 104/252 CAP6: 37.0 - 43.8%

0 Atk Impish CAP6 Cross Chop vs 252/0 Tyranitar: 99.0 - 116.8%

-----

I think the calcs speak for themselves and demonstrate how excellent a Tyranitar counter this thing can be.

-----

CAP6 vs Syclant

I wasn't too sure what Syclant's stats were because of the revision process, so instead of using exact numbers I used accurate estimations of the power of each pokemon's attacks. Sorry if anybody wanted exact data =/.

LO Syclant Ice Beam vs Careful 104/252 CAP6: ~16%
LO Syclant Bug Buzz vs Careful 104/252 CAP6: ~15%
LO Syclant Focus Blast vs Careful 104/252 CAP6: ~27%
LO Syclant Earth Power vs Careful 104/252 CAP6: ~21%

0 Atk CAP6 Cross Chop vs 4HP Syclant: ~54%
0 Atk CAP6 Stone Edge (if) vs 4HP Syclant: 100+%
0 SpA CAP6 Hydro Pump vs 4HP Syclant: ~52%

-----

From these approximate calculations, we can see that CAP6 can take most attacks from Syclant without too much trouble, and 2HKO/OHKO back with its own respective moves.

-----

Thanks for taking the time to read through my (very long) post. If you would like any more calculations for this spread on any other pokemon, feel free to say so.

Thanks,

LR.

90 HP / 95 Att / 105 Def / 90 SpA / 95 SpD / 80 Spe

This is my vote. This Pokémon does have very balanced stats. I've tried to come as close to the vote winners as possible and I discovered this spread.

With attack stats of 95 / 90 and defense stats of 90 / 105 / 95, this Pokémon is "Slightly Bias to Defense" ( - 7,7 ), while still "Slightly Bias to Physical" ( 7,3 ), reaching both of the conditions that we have to archieve ( I guess ). Its balanced spread allows it to be be also strong on the other side of the spectrum, with decent 90 / 95 in its "Special stats".

Well, thats it actually.

85/105/90/50/135/85

Ok guys, here is my submission for this CAP. Last time came close but not quite. All right, so here we go!

The reason for the somewhat low HP is due to the fact it has a huge amount of Special Defense and its Defensive is not terrible, but not amazing either. I purposely made it so it counters the Special side much more then the defensvie side as that is how I think it should defend as its goal is to decentrilize the metagame's top 10 which the majority are Physically based.​

Ok guys this one is the big eye-raiser, please, let me explain. To decentrilize the metagame does the Pokemon have to be a pure wall to the Pokemon in the top 10? The answer is HECK NO! This thing will not only be to switch into big threats, but it will also be able to dish out moves to take the Pokemon out of the fight. This number might be astronomical to some people but this Attack ties with Muk and is he really tearing up the metagame with that Attack? Anyway with both STABs it will be able to make people think twice about switching in blindly as this is far from a helpless wall.​

90 Defense is good. Swampert seems to thrive with that Defensive stat pretty well. It will be able to take a few hits, but it won't be sitting there all day against top-tier Physical Attackers. It should be able to take unboosted SE attacks and live fairly well.​

Low, and stuff..... Not really needed to be used at all..... Um yeah.....​

High for a reason, really high as in Blissey/Dusknoir high. With this excellent Special Defense this will be able to absorb hits like a giant sponge.​

Mediocre for a reason, this doesn't need to be blazing fast, just decent to able to outspeed some walls and slower tanks, not to outspeed the top 10. I think this stat for once is not really needed to be be astronomicly high for a CAP.​

BST: 555
BSR: 400

Alright, so that is my submission guys, thanks in advance for the consideration and in the patience of reading this whole post!​

If you want some calculations, I will gladly provide some for you guys if this gets enough support!​

Alright, heres what I've got. I wanted something a bit simpler to EV so I'm going with a high defenses/low hp build unlike alot of people. Hopefully this will leave more room for attack/speed/whatever EVS. I wanted it to have enough sp. attack to do some damage with moves like hydro pump on physical walls.

Also, if someone could link to a good damage calculator (metalkid's isn't helping here) I'd appreciate it. I want to run some damage calcs and improve this to where I'm not talking out of my ass.

What should I aim for?

Also, keep in mind that high defense/low HP pokemon will have a higher BST for the same defense as a high hp pokemon.

This one is my opinion

85/120/95/50/110/80

Overall rating : 384 Very good!
This is a variation of Togekiss EV Spread instead the special attack and attack is switched around. This is capable of taking hits from switch ins while having to hit hard with 120 Base attack power.

small problems with that build haterguy; 3.8 offense/defense bias and 34.8 physical bias. o/d has to be 0 to -20, and the p/s looks to be 0 to 20 at the moment.

edit- also, when put it in it came out wih a BSR of 367, not 384

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)