Mute's Monstrosities

REVIVED! for now New art 2/26

So, I draw. Virtually everything in this thread, unless I mention otherwise, was drawn straight onto the computer- no scanning or traditional media involved. The tools of my trade are Photoshop CS3, occasionally Painter and my Intuos3 tablet which I love dearly.

I love comments and criticism. Just make it constructive criticism if so? I'm always looking to improve my abilities, and crits really do help.

On to the art! To kick things off-

An ancient massive Nidoking fellow/character named Balkar. Quite proud of this piece.

Aand next-

Behold, a Nidoran perched upon a carrot! ...yeah I got nothin'.

--

On using my art: Ask. I'll usually allow it if you ask, as long as you credit me somehow. Steal my art at your own risk; I have the original .psds to prove ownership.

On requests: Feel free to make them; I may or may not draw them. No complaining if yours gets passed over; you're not paying me. ;) I view requests as sources of inspiration if my muse is dead for whatever reason. (And for the love of god, please at least include something more than 'a black charizard lol' if you do make one. A pose or mood, at least?) Also, I reserve the right to refuse a request outright even for the silliest reasons, such as species!
On that note, if you want to have a higher chance of getting your request drawn, keep this in mind- I hate undynamic Pokemon species. I find them irritating and difficult to draw, so there's less of a chance of me choosing that request. Examples of species I dislike for this reason would be such things in the vein of Aggron, Electivire, Magmortar, Bastiodon and most of the 4th and 5th gen legendaries ('smaller' ones like Shaymin and the 4th gen sprites are acceptable). Other terms I usually use to describe Pokemon that I dislike drawing are 'clunky', 'cluttered', and 'TOO MANY GODDAMN EXTRA BITS'. Don't let this stop you from making a request including such a Pokemon if you really want it; just be aware that unless you get pretty lucky it's not going to be high on my priorities.

On avatars: If you want an avatar made out of one of my images, you're welcome to it! You just need to either make it yourself or ask someone else to; I'm not very good at picking and resizing bits of my art for avatar use. Also, don't claim the art as your own- I won't require you to credit me in your signature, but if someone comments on your lovely avatar, I'd appreciate you referring them to my thread :3

Link to posts with later images:

Torterra says hello.
My CAP8 submission and supplementary stuff.
A kinda different take on Dracon Meteor.
azelf exploed
Quickie request for Mountain Dewgong.
Cause Articuno is awesome.
THUNDERCATS o:
More Balkar! Now with scenery and younglings!
Stormy weather!
semiabstract ghostses
OOK OOK
CAP9 submission.
My return! And an awesome Heatran.
The return of Balkar in a quickie Painter doodle!
Messy Groudon usin Earthquake to tide you over till AWESOMEPICTAR is done.
BEHOLD THE AWESOMEPICTAR (Balkar related). also my Secret Santa entry.
cute leftover Reuniclus doodle.
oh jesus help i can't get down D:
quickie paint of garchomp raeg
three cutemons in the grass
quickie of requested Purugly
Quick Painter... er, paint! Spooky forest, scared Charmander. messy.
moar messy speedpaintan. Tauros vs AFROBULL go
Aerodactyl and Archeops having it out like bosses. With real HYPAR BEAM action!
pretty Charmander and Froslass art, plus two reject quickie arts
Liepard 5 of spades for the card project, bonus cute garchomp avatar request
NEW 2/26: Trio of Little Cup mons for the tier hub

Also, I do art for the Smog from time to time: find my art in various articles from the following issues:

-Issue 4 (Featured Pokémon: Celebi)
-Issue 5 (Featured Pokémon: Starmie)
-Issue 6 (Type Analysis: Ground)
-Issue 7 (NU Metagame Update)
-Issue 14 (Featured Pokémon: Reuniclus and Everything New Is Old Again)
-Issue 15 (BW UU Speculations)
-Issue 25 (A Close Look at Zero Isle)

Nice work. The Nidoking art is just phenomenal, the shading of colors is practically flawless. I'm speechless. :O

monstrosity? ma belle, nothing of the sort! If you love constructive criticism, the carrot is a bit lumpy, but I love curvaceous so it's all good. ;)

Great stuff; hope to see more.

That Nidoran drawing is fucking amazing. It might be my favorite picture on this entire forum so far, and I hate Nidoran. Please post more pictures!

Oh my god. O_O

The awesomeness of your art just imploded my brain.

That Nidoking is flawless, and the Nidoran on the carrot is adorable.

O.O HOLY SHIT! AWESOME STUFF
Do Torterra using Leaf Storm. Always wanted to see that.
And the Lord of Sudden Art Muse said: BE IT SO.

Well, it's more like it's getting ready to use Leaf Storm, I suppose. Almost didn't do this, but I'm finally coming out of my art slump, so wheeee.

I really like how you add your own style to each Pokemon you draw. Nidoran's adorable, but the Torterra's definitely my favorite. :)

I'd love to do an art trade with you one day, if you like my art at all. ^_^;

Figured I'd throw up my CAP submission. :3 It didn't make it far, but I didn't expect it to- I should have drawn it in a more Pokemon/cartoony style, but I liked the design like it was.

Aaand my supporting material (figured I wouldn't post them as open images so as not to spam my own thread terribly):

http://imgur.com/cC0cL.jpg (Purely hypothetical prevo. Like how this little fellow came out; I may have to draw him and the big guy more, even if they didn't win.)
http://imgur.com/LR32z.jpg (Sketch of my fellow displaying the use of his wing as a shield.)
http://imgur.com/8U6ni.jpg (Wing at full extension.)

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
That Nidoking looks great! I love stylized pokemon, and you put a creative spin on Nidoking. I really like the somber pose and lighting. I hope you do more pokemon stuff in the future!

Wow! Awesome art! Could you please make a Latios/Salamence using Draco Meteor? That would be epic!

Thanks for the comments, all, I appreciate it. :3

Wow! Awesome art! Could you please make a Latios/Salamence using Draco Meteor? That would be epic!
Ask and ye shall recieve.

Yeah, I kinda did my own take on it. X); Hope you don't mind. (christ what color are dragon attacks supposed to be anyways I hope this doesn't look TOO fiery)

Thanks for the comments, all, I appreciate it. :3

Ask and ye shall recieve.

Yeah, I kinda did my own take on it. X); Hope you don't mind. (christ what color are dragon attacks supposed to be anyways I hope this doesn't look TOO fiery)
Wow....I imagine the poor poke feeling this falling upon it, that thing has "EPIC" written all over with some other words I cant write.(Heres a clue, the inolve enormous amounts of pain). In other words, this is probably as close to perfect as a drawing can get

little gk

competitive oosos player
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
could you do an Azelf or something using explosion...whenever i use it i imagine it kind off taking in energy then just completely obliterating everything. BTW that latios is awesome!

Thanks

My word, your art is amazing, you should totally be asking for commission. ;P

But before you start doing that, you should totally take a crack at a Dewgong holding a can of Mountain Dew. ;) I would be greatly appreciative if you could try. :D

*insert copious amounts of praise here*

Hello again, Mute. Man, I fell in love with your art at first sight, and your CAP entry only solidified that.

Now that I see that Latios, I think my head imploded again. ._. That's a better interpretation of Draco Meteor than the games have.

I'd love to see your take on, say...Giratina Origin Forme using Shadow Force? That's about as epic as I can think of. =D

could you do an Azelf or something using explosion...whenever i use it i imagine it kind off taking in energy then just completely obliterating everything. BTW that latios is awesome!

Thanks
...course, the person whose request I just did got banned. :E OH WELL.

Haha yeah. Messy messy super fast attempt at Explosion, except it looks more like it's using a JRPG's Judgment attack. :D; MY FX R SUPER AWSOME GUYS K

...naw, I still suck at 'em. :B My one hope is that you can tell it's an Azelf from the silhouette.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)